Innocent Monsters

"You dont speak?" Haruto asked stupidly.
"No she doesn't speak," Mari replied for Aratani, feeling angry for no reason. "Get used to it."
Suddenly, a loud buzzing noise ran through her ears. "Stop!" She shouted, not realising it was inside her head.
"Whoa, I didn't do anything! I just asked a question!" Haruto raised both hands in the air in surrender, thinking she was telling him off.
"I wasn't talking to you,"
"Then who where you talking to?" Haruto lowered his hands.
"The buzzing noise,"

Hamano considered Mari's response for a moment. "Mystery, huh?" she said, then shrugged her shoulders and nodded. "Genre: Mystery Horror it is!"

She watched in interest as the mystery unfolded before her. Hmmm, one boy, many girls. Could this be a harem RPG? she pondered to herself. One girl that likes to cut herself, another that hears voices? Definitely seems to be a mystery horror either way, she thought.

So what was the name of the game? She began to explore the room they were in, searching for tools to use to escape, since getting out of this room was definitely the first challenge.

"Right," Hina's shoes clacked back into the room as she looked up from her clipboard, "everyone, follow me, I have something I need you to do. It will take no time at all, so there's no need to worry." She lead the group out of the room into another one, just like the others. The only difference was the size. This one was much larger and had the space for lots of medical tables, each neatly spaced apart. She smiled, and lead each of the children to a table for them to lie down on. Then, swiftly and smoothly, she jabbed a needle into each one's right arm. She layed the needles down in a row on a counter and recorded the results of each one on her clipboard. She seemed shocked at a couple of them, but hid it well. Then she turned to smile at the group. "You may leave. And don't mind the sting, or the itch. It'll be gone in a week or two. Off you go, back to your room."

The mute girl shuddered at the jab and rubbed the tiny wound on her skin. What did that nurse take out of her body? Or worse- what did she put in? 'But nevermind', she told herself. That was the least of her worries. Right now, she needed to concentrate on getting out.

Mari's hand shot to the spot on her arm where Hina had stabbed the needle in.
"Nope, pain still doesn't make me happy," she muttered before walking calmly back to their room.
---
Haruto winced at the pain of the jab before covering his mouth, stopping himself from screaming. He stood up and went over to Hina, he was a little taller than her and hoped it'd look intimidating. "What did you put in us?" He asked.
----------------------
@catradora

"Hm? Oh, it's nothing to worry about. We just wanted to check how your body was dealing with the...changes." She smiled at him reassuringly. "Now off you go. I have some work to do."

"Enough questions. Please, leave the room. I have some work to do." She said through gritted teeth, glaring daggers up at him.

"Enough! I will give you one more chance to leave-" She was on the verge of shouting now, all of her cool, calm composure gone, as if it was never there in the first place.

"Why won't you tell us? If its 'Nothing to worry about' you should have no problem doing so," He folded his arms.
Mari peeped in at all the commotion and pulled Haruto's arm, indicating he should stop. He nodded and followed her out of the testing room.

She made a "humph" sound and nodded curtly as Mari took him out, before hastily scrawling on one of her sheets of paper.

Aratani watched as the pair re-entered the room, having listened to the whole exchange. Then she turned to the group, wondering what to do next.

Luna stood awkwardly in the room, rubbing her arm where the needle had poked her. "What did we do to deserve this? What kind of evil people would do this to us?"

Hamano hung back in the first room, not paying much attention when everyone left. She was crouched behind a counter, trying to pry a drawer open and having little success. She didn't show up to get the shot.

((lol Hina is so blind she hasn't even notice that Hamano didn't come. Her precious papers aren't even completely filled in))

Aratani squeezed her eyes shut and grimaced. For some reason, her arm was stinging even more now, like someone had sliced it lightly with a knife. What the hell was up with that shot? This didn't seem normal.

((haha!))

Mari went over to Hamano, watching her dart around the room looking for clues. "You didn't go for the jab?" Mari asked.

Hamano looked up from the drawer she was working on, and stood as Mari approached. "Jab? There was a jab?" she asked. "Must have been an optional quest! Did you?"

Rubbing her arm some more, Luna whispered, "It didn't seem optional." She had a feeling that whatever was happening with them, Hanmano's experience would differ from the average, which would probably not be good.
How had the nurses missed her in a white room with white stuff?

Back