Resolved/Answered Insufficient Permissions to post a Guide?

Nilum

The Wanderer Returned
Benefactor
Query: In the Roleplayers Codex I posted a guide in late November. I am no longer able to post guides there, due to insufficient permissions. Is this intentional, or an accident as a result of the frenzied server work?

The Roleplayers Codex was always meant to be read only. I just forgot to set the permissions on it before we opened, so we had some people writing guides directly into it. Given that the guides written were of solid quality it wasn't an issue, but we did fix the permissions. You're still MORE than welcome to write guides for it, but how it was intended to be is people could write their guides in the Writer's Circle, and the ones in the Codex are ones that have been run past our editor and given the thumbs up.

This is due to the Codex being our officially approved guides that we showcase on our front page, facebook page, and even other websites. We wouldn't want someone posting a guide in there that's giving our new writers bad advice, or that is in general poorly written and difficult to comprehend as a result.

Think of the Writer's Circle as an ongoing educational forum, and Codex is an archive of all of our excellent guides.

Back