Interdimensional Fight Club OOC

That's the demon, right? To ensure I am remembering correctly. So it'll be a demon against a blood mage. That'll be interesting.

If you'd prefer, I'll set it up, but it won't be until later today.

If you feel comfortable with the canon and want to try your hand at it, go ahead.

@TMITM this is the OOC thread; OP also has link to character depository. Then place your challenge. :D

Maybe not epic, but maybe multi-thread. Also talked with Tiko about maybe reviving the battle arena, and I'd work this sort of freeform sparring into the fabric of that, as opposed to the extremely rigid format that is considered the standard there.

But yeah, don't worry. I've been giving this some thought. ;)

I have a low-tier, a mid-tier, and (in the wings) a high-tier. Judging from the character sheet, Blindfold is about a mid-tier character, or a low-tier when he's disconnected from The Man. Is that fair, or do I have that wrong?

I'm judging these as:
Low-tier could win any barfight, but would be challenged by any basic military outfit.
Medium-tier could easily handle a military outfit, but could not change the world in any meaningful way
High-tier could destroy the world.

Yeah, I would say slightly above mid-tier for when the Man takes control, and somewhere between low-mid when not.

In these matches, yes, as they are one-off and as long as everything is relatively balanced in the fight, then it shouldn't matter much what the scale is. Whether it's two drunks duking it out in the alley or two god-like beings duking it out in a cosmic struggle, the only difference is scale. They'd still be balanced.

I'll also point out that I came up with that tier list basically out of my ass, so it was just to show how I was gaging power level. My "high-tier" is the spawn of a prince of hell and a seraph who wields world-ending artifacts from both universes. But if you had someone equally powerful, it's still a fair fight.

Each of these battles are, by design, insular and quick. So there's really no consequences either way.

And, to your challenge, I say: My mid-tier, Zane, would probably be a reasonable match for Blindfold, though I might take elemental form off the table for that fight.

If we were going to constrain to Blindfold only, I think he'd be an interesting match for Miles.

someone equally powerful
... If there is a tier above high-tier, I'd have it, but not that, no.
And, to your challenge, I say: My mid-tier, Zane, would probably be a reasonable match for Blindfold, though I might take elemental form off the table for that fight.

If we were going to constrain to Blindfold only, I think he'd be an interesting match for Miles.
Whichever one you think is best is fine for me. I think they'd both be interesting matches.

I want to give Miles a better showing, so I'll accept your challenge with him. :) I'll get the thread up sometime this evening (I'm in EDT right now (UTC-4)).

I'll take away Miles' nukes though. I only added those to make him somewhat competitive against Amaimon (it didn't really work).

Back