... hoping it would come to an end.
I watched...
... and watched...
... hoping to prevent someone's death.
I wished...
... and wished...
... hoping to create a miracle.
A miracle that-

Now Arriving At Ayase Station... Now Arriving at Ayase Station...

Waking up to the automated voice of the train arriving at my destination, I rub my eyes so I'll be fully awake and not half-eyed. I don't know why, but despite my Half-Alive status, I still can't control the urge of sleep when I really really don't need it. That urge of sleep isn't because I'm starting to gain some humanity back, such as not being the walking "dead" person I'm pretty much am. It's more because these times where I would fall asleep, some sort of premonition would haunt me, and it's been this way for a good few weeks now. Hell, it intensified from the very moment I saw someone die in my dream-turned nightmare.

Who that someone was... I didn't even know. I only could guess that the person was connected to my life-saving miracle, and giving me this Half-Alive status and crystal powers in the first place. And why would Exe execute someone with that type of power of "miracle-giving" was beyond me. I... I was just becoming more and more confused than I really wanted to be. Like that time I arrived here to live my life with Abel. At first, my memories were all jumbled up, that I didn't remember a certain event that lead to an Arch Demon's downfall, but Abel helped me remember those things. I could only guess too that the person that gave me my miracle to live on was responsible for my jumbled up memories back there.

All of that was pretty much the mess that I was, the mess of Rinato Dormi, or known to others as Lapis Lazuli.

A tired groan coming out of my mouth, I immediately got up from my seat in the train, exiting before the crowd would jam up the only exits. It really was something that I couldn't wrap my head around, to be in some crowded-ass city. Originally where I lived before coming here to stay with Abel, I didn't exactly live in the most abundant urban area. For me... it was somewhat uneventful, but easy to get around and stuff.

After a bit of twists and turns to get myself out of the underground train station, I continue my usual walk through the sidewalks of the city, starting to remember why I was out here in the first place and not just dwindling around and hanging out with Abel and Gnar.

It's been some time since I've arrived here, and for a little surprise, I decided to go out and get some things needed to actually cook dinner for once. Like an anniversary type of occasion. I could only hope that I wouldn't have this end with our living space being burned down. But hey, from there, I've at least tried something new...

It didn't take me that long to find the ingredients needed, and I sorta remember the recipe for lasagna. My mom used to make that for my family when it was some really big occasion. I figured that I would try and do the same in this setting, and if it went well, it couldn't hurt to try this another time in the future. To top it all off, I went ahead and bought some baking materials for making some muffins. Abel showed me how to bake them a while back, and again, I'm going to try to do some kitchen work this time!

Daydreaming almost on the things that I was prepared to do, I continued my walking pace, holding the bags of groceries I had to do this. I couldn't wait to get this started, and since it was some sort of surprise, I hoped that Abel wasn't exactly home yet so I could get this all done.

Though, my happy thoughts were soon brought to a halt once my phone buzzed in my jacket pocket. Someone texted me? It must be Abel then, since I didn't share my phone number with anybody else but him. However, once I took out my phone, I noticed that this text message happened to come from an unknown number. Weird... maybe someone sent a message to a wrong number? But why the hell was the number marked as "unknown" anyways? Curiosity eating me up inside, I unlock my phone and check the message itself.

Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

... was that really all the message had to say? Then it must've been some random text that just happened to be sent to me. Shrugging it off, I go to delete the text, about to go on with my surprise plans for Abel... except another text message was sent... by the same unknown number.

Hey! Don't ignore me, Lapis Lazuli! 。゜(`Д´)゜。

I stop. I could tell this wasn't Abel's texting style. He usually avoided using the cute emoticons, and would use the quick and easy to use text talk. Here... those two signs of Abel's texts weren't present here, and yet, this person happened to know my number and my identity. My identity that pointed towards my bounty hunter past... Biting the end of my lip to relieve some stress from this situation, I text this person back.

Who is this? How do you know about me?

From this situation, there was no reason that kept me from just asking these questions, and soon enough, the person texted me back pretty fast. Almost like a second after I pressed the "send" button on my phone.

A little girl told me. ( ̄へ ̄)

That doesn't answer my first question. Who is this?

You'll figure out soon if you meet up with me. (*≧艸≦)

Whoever this was, they were pushing my patience with this type of talk to me. Seriously, the most important question I have is pretty much being ignored by this person, and by how they say that "a little girl told them" about me... I'm starting to have the feeling that Exe was sending people after me. But still, why would an assailant after my life text me that they're after me? For fear? For keeping me acting like a fucking pansy? I don't know, but an urging feeling made me think that this wasn't one of Exe's lackeys.

How can I trust you? Answer that, and I'll meet up with you.

For once, there was a noticeable pause once I sent this message. Did I finally catch this unknown person offguard? A minute later, I get another text from them.

I know the person that gave you the miracle to live, and what happened to her. I can help you with whatever you need, especially against the person that killed your miracle-giver. ( ̄~ ̄)

Now I was stuck on a response, because this was an answer I wasn't expecting. If it were a message saying something that they know who the killer was, which is Exe, then that would've been the indicator that this wasn't an ally I should be taking. Instead, I was actually considering meeting up with this person, whoever they were. Maybe it would be a good idea to meet up with them, despite how smug these texts make this person sound.

Alright. I'll trust you, for now. I'll meet with you some other day you have planned, just not today. Just be sure to keep silent about this with anybody else.

Great! We can meet tomorrow, around 3:30 PM at the Metro Underpass. I'll see you then. o(≧∇≦o)

After that, despite texting them back with an "ok," I didn't get any other responses from them. Either way, I put my trust into them, and that'll be proved tomorrow when I see them for real. I wasn't exactly sure how they found it out, and who this little girl was, but I'll be getting my answers to that tomorrow. I'll be getting the truths I need to know tomorrow. If these truths would bend my wishes and desires somehow, if these truths would change the events of my life, I felt willing to take the risks.

For now, I got myself a surprise dinner to prepare for myself, Abel, and Gnar.​

Last edited:
-1st Fragment-
"Telegraph"

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

That's what I'm hearing from the nearby clock that was hanging on the apartment wall. Otherwise this entire apartment should be near silent, Abel wasn't exactly home yet. Even with being the king of demons, Abel still had to go to school, something that seemed pretty strange but I didn't exactly question that at all. Seeing that the smell of food coming from the oven hasn't exactly bothered the sleeping yordle, I rested myself onto the couch, my eyes resting on the messages that I received not too long ago. Those mysterious messages...

I didn't understand on how this person managed to get my number and my other identity... or is it that they also know my real name? Hell, who the hell is the "little girl" that told this person my information in the first place? Would I regret the choice of meeting up with this person tomorrow? Would I actually have another ally besides Abel and Gnar? Or would I be ambushed by the very enemies that want nothing else but my head on a spear?

I wasn't sure why, but this choice I was having trouble deciding, whether or not I meet with this person tomorrow, it could result with many things...

A certain ringing of the oven timer went off, snapping me out of my indecisive thoughts. Oh right, the lasagna, I was making that for Abel and myself tonight! Hopping off of the couch I was resting on, putting my phone away, I slip on the pair of oven gloves so I could remove the freshly cooked lasagna out. Well, I could've gone and done so without the gloves, since I know the pain wouldn't hurt so much, but I wasn't going to walk around with some burnt hands and get the weird looks from people.

Placing the lasagna onto the dining table, I went to grab the plates, forks, knives, and glasses. By the time I went to grab the water pitcher in the fridge, I heard the front door of the apartment being unlocked. Just in time too.

"Oh, hey Abel-kun!"

Smiling with that cute look on my face, I stood right in front of the dining table, angling myself to where I would be covering up the surprise from Abel. As he stepped inside, he appeared pretty tired from today, but seeing that I had a little something for him, it didn't take long for him to perk right up.

"What's up, Lapis-chan? I can see that you're hiding something behind your back, is this a surprise I see here?"

I couldn't help but smile much more as he tried to look over my shoulder to peek at the surprise I had for him. Deciding to then unveil the surprise, I move aside to show that the dining table was set for a lasagna dinner. The genuine surprise from him was all the worthwhile for me, the gleaming eyes that he had... it was one of the many reasons that I happened to fall in love with him.

"Woah, you made this while I was out for school?"

Dropping off his schoolbags, Abel loomed over the dinner that I prepared, and I nodded at this question.

"Yup. It wasn't that hard either. What? Were you doubting my cooking skills or something?"

Giving off that teasing tone of voice that I usually use, I tried my best not to laugh once I saw Abel's embarrassed face. That always seemed to be a thing with him, where he felt embarrassed whenever I teased him about something.

"Not at all, Lapis-chan! You're just a bundle of surprises whenever I see you from time to time, again and again. It's like you're a special diamond that refracts light to all sorts of colors, you know?"

Upon hearing that comment, it was my turn to feel all flustered up inside and outside. While it was easy for me to tease him every now and then, it was also easy for him to flatter me with all sorts of compliments. I swear, Abel never really ran out of these, especially compliments that somehow make themselves into crystal puns. Stepping over to him, I lean in to sneak a little kiss on the cheek for him.

"Alright kiss-up, you can stop gawking at the special diamond standing right in front of you. At least save all of that for much later, we got ourselves a dinner to eat~"

With that said, we got ourselves seated, getting our pieces of lasagna to eat. Of course, I cut out a small piece of lasagna and placed it near Gnar's bed area. The little guy would definitely like that once he woke up. Once I returned to the dining table, we had a bunch of small talk to burn out. Talking about the daily happenings here at Tokyo, giving each other the occasional teases and compliments, letting out more puns that related to crystals. It was all small talk. It's times like these that actually make me feel... normal.

Normal enough to forget that I'm a person that is supposed to be dead, but now alive and walking despite the inactive organs and body system. Normal enough to forget that I was once a part of the Blood Institute, where I had killed many others for the sake of being paid. Normal enough to forget that I was a part of a Murder Game, and where I had met my boyfriend, the king of demons. Normal enough... that my life now could be compared to my life before... things became messy. Just the feeling of that, to be living a normal life as of now, it felt so bittersweet to me. But whenever I wish to have a normal life, I start to think about how that girl from one of my dreams was killed, how she was connected to me, how she may be the source of my miraculous survival from death... and by that, my life still isn't restored back to a normal state. There's still some loose ends to take care of, such as meeting with that person... and figuring out if there was a way to put a stop to the Blood Institute.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, I felt my phone vibrate in my jacket pocket. Another text message? Now? Without much warning, I pull my phone out, checking to see what was there.

"Uh... Lapis-chan... is there something wrong?"

He was able to pick it off from my face that something was amiss, but I didn't want to tell him what was going on with me. I didn't want him involved in any of my nitty-gritty matters. I just didn't want him to be hurt in the process. If anybody was going to be hurt because of my loose ends, I rather have that be only myself. I could live with a few scars in my life, preferably physical scars. I was already mentally scarred with my forced killing of my brother.

Almost ignoring Abel, I scroll through my text messages, specifically from the unknown number that messaged me not too long ago. There was new messages... and this time, it put me to uneasiness.

What a lovely dinner you're having with that special someone~ (●♡∀♡)

Right under that new message, it was a picture... of me and Abel sitting at the dinner table. When Abel and I were telling jokes to each other, I could tell from our laughing expressions... and somehow, this person happened to snap a photo of us without giving themselves away. How? How did they do that? There is this window that was behind Abel, but... this apartment was all the way on the 9th floor. Hell, how did I never notice someone reeling down from some higher area to take a picture of us? Unless... unless whoever I was putting my trust in to earlier happened to have some sort of supernatural ability... I couldn't be sure, but I didn't even see the point of doing this if this person swore to be my ally.

"Hey, you're starting to worry me Lapis-chan. You've been doing that so much lately, always spacing out and having those stern looks. You don't need to hide anything from me, so don't be afraid to tell me anything."

Raising my head away from my phone screen, I see that I've worried Abel once again. How many times have I done this to him already? As far as I can tell, its only steadily become more frequent as soon as I saw that girl die in my dreams... Pretty soon, I feel that Abel would really want to know what was going on with all of this, but again, I didn't want him to get involved. If I told him now, he'll for sure get involved... and... and I can't let him. Not until I figure out the whole scenario that I'm getting myself into. I... I can consider letting him help me, but now is not the time.

"It's nothing Abel, really. Someone apparently got the wrong number, and sent me their nudes."

Putting away my phone, I could tell that Abel was somewhat buying the lie. This was the first time he's seen me check my phone like this before, and I suppose it'll work for now. I seriously didn't want him involved in any matter that concerned me just yet.

"R-Really? Er... that's something."

My lie only put Abel off with an unexpected expression of surprise. Well, how else would someone normally react to a statement that I just had to say?

"Either way, I'm just worried for you. I don't want to rush into any conclusions, but remember that I'm here for you, okay?"

Since we've finished our dinner several minutes ago, Abel stood up from the table and walked up to me, giving me that worried expression again. A part of him didn't want to rush things, and I could tell. Back in that incident, he rushed with our relationship early on, to where I felt uncomfortable at some point in time. That's what... I happened to remember despite having jumbled up memories upon arriving here. I guess some of my memories from that experience were slowly restoring themselves in my head.

"Of course. I won't do anything stupid any time soon. Not when I have people in my life to love... that being said, I love you... Abel-kun."

"...I love you too, Rinato-chan."

Instead of the earlier kiss where I only went for his cheek, we both leaned close to each other, our lips making contact, kissing... While I felt bad for hiding things from Abel, I felt a tinge of happiness for seeing that he was happy for now. Being in love with him, I felt somewhat conflicted by what I needed and wanted to do... Hopefully that feeling would go away soon.

The rest of the night continued as normal, hanging out, watching TV, playing with Gnar... but before we would rest ourselves and sleep until the next day... I got another message. So while Abel was busy changing into his sleepwear, I went to check this next text message, and I was only left with this to think about in my dreams, or better yet nightmares, this coming night. To think about until tomorrow.

Don't forget to look behind your back. (・ω<)

-2nd Fragment-
"Tumult"

3:20 PM

Silently looking at my phone clock, I wait in the desired place of our meeting. Right at the Metro Underpass. No one else to be seen. I wasn't even sure if the person that had been texting me and supposedly being some sort of sneaky-ass spy stalking me for the past few days would actually show up. All I could tell from the texts along that whoever this is knows how to stalk me without me actually physically catching them... and that they really like to get on my goddamn nerves.

Knowing that, I decided to keep myself prepared if this person wasn't in my best interests to be around. In my jacket pocket, I had two things: a pistol and an army knife. I knew I had my crystal powers to rely on, but in truth, I wouldn't want to do it out in the public, even though this area isn't that populated. I am in broad daylight, which is another thing I need to remember.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, my phone gets another text. Unlocking my phone screen, I see what this person has to say this time.

Heeey! I'm almost there! Just sit tight and we'll be able to talk face-to-face soon~ ⊂((・▽・))⊃

3:23 PM

Seven more minutes before I get to see who this is finally... Seven more minutes and I'll get the answer I need... Seven more minutes and I can figure out what I'll do from here on...

A minute passes... I'm only left to be with the emptiness of this place.

Another minute passes... I get another text, and of course, knowing the nature of this person texting me, I check what it had to say.

Watch your back.

The tone of this next message was oddly different from the ones I've been getting lately, and surely this wasn't exactly the same person that's been texting me for awhile now. The tone was absolutely different, this wasn't the annoying person I reluctantly agreed to meet up with. I could tell... especially when this message didn't have some sort of emoticon to go along with it. Something was really wrong here...

Going by what the message said, I look behind my back, and all I see on the ground is a little konteipou candy. Okay, I did not see that thing on the ground at all... like, at all. The hell was it doing here? I don't recall little kids with candy running around a place as shady as the Metro Underpass. Keeping my eyes on the little piece of hard candy, I noticed that the sweet delicacy flashed once...

My eyes gone wide, I immediately threw myself away from the candy as it proceeded to explode with some sort of magical energy that I haven't bothered to see until now. Almost like the sights I've seen at that one Murder Game.

I couldn't exactly catch the sights of the person responsible, but I could see more of those candies appearing almost out of nowhere. In conjunction with that, I see that I receive another text as I hold my phone in my other hand. Knowing that I had someone after my ass, I read the message as fast as I could, and thankfully it's not from that annoying person that could be the one after this.

Your attacker is in the air. Keep avoiding those candies, and I'll deter that person away from you.

Following that notion in one go, I zip and weave through the candies that tried to explode near me, not wasting a second to stand around and allow myself to be blown up. As much as I can rely on my ability to not die like a normal person can, I'm not going to let them realize that... because there's a chance that I might be taken in for absurd research on my "miracle"-like existence.

As I kept my rhythm of avoiding being blown up, I catch glimpses of the supposed attacker. How come this attacker after me only appeared like some little girl that decided to dress up as a cute princess or something? Seriously!? I couldn't comprehend that whole concept that well as I kept up my evasions and maneuvers. Parts of the candy-filled explosions had gone off and destroyed the support beams of the highway overpass above me and this attacker. Shit... so there was no avoiding the fact that people will be affected by this, that this would further attract more attention than needed...

Of course, not wanting to be buried or crushed alive by the falling road structure, I sprint my way out of there, only to run right into the next set of candy explosives. Dammit, so this attacker tried to lure me out to a place to be blown up and shit. Seeing no other alternative to this, I focus myself, activating my crystal powers. Holding out my hand, I crystallize the candies, allowing myself to delay the explosions in order to slip right past being blown up.

Watching the explosions of the crystallized candies, I see that one of the explosions that had some sort of frag grenade effect, the crystallized candy shards actually hitting the attacker and stunning that little shit of a dress-up girl.
Maybe better now than later...

I think to myself, taking out my pistol and taking aim towards the girl. Not even giving a moment to say some sort of last words towards the girl, I fire the bullet towards her, and at the same time, crystallizing the bullet to where it would be a speeding crystal lance. I specifically aimed for the head, seeing that it was a quick disposal of the girl that tried to kill me... if she even knew that I couldn't die.

But as the lance would commit the killing blow, like those candies, the girl had suddenly exploded. Okay, I wasn't sure if this was an illusion of hers or not, but after that had transpired, everything around her began to be pulled in... like some sort of black hole effect. Was she expecting me to attack her at that downed state? Was getting hit like that her intention in the first place? God dammit, this was starting to pile on top of me, all of these sudden disadvantages. With no target to fire at, I'm practically a running duck at this rate.

Despite my struggles to get out of there, I find myself only making the struggle harder, feeling my body being slowly dragged into the masses of this artificial black hole. Almost like... this would be the dire way of killing me for good: leaving my body to be eaten up by the black hole... Shutting my eyes once I figured that fighting against this wasn't going to get me anywhere... I open my eyes to see that a blue flash of light appeared around me, somehow stopping time around me.

With that, I watch with a dazed look, seeing someone with a peculiar shade of pink and brown for hair drag me out of the mess... far far off into some other part of Tokyo. Another miracle once again. It was like I was cursed to never die, no matter the circumstances.

I see that the blue shade had dissipated, resuming time as normal. Far off in the distance, I see that the destruction of the small encounter with that attacker can be seen by the smoke that rose to the sky, but no signs of that black hole. That attacker probably called it off, knowing that I was not there due to this interference.

Sitting up on the ground, I look over my actual ally, if that was what she was...

She gave me a subtle smile, and held out her phone to show me that she had something... sent to me. Above that message, I could see the past messages that she had been sending me, except for the one that talked about meeting "face-to-face."

Right on time, huh?

Recollecting my thoughts together, I stand up to properly speak to my ally, and for a moment, I was a bit surprised by how short this girl was. It was like I was talking to some girl from elementary school, and not to mention that it was weird that she hasn't spoken a word since she had gotten to me before that attacker could...

"... yeah, right on time. 3:30 PM as we decided on."

As I say that, the girl smiles happily, as if she had done something good.... which was the case. But now...

"Alright, so how about that information you had for me? Start with that."

-3rd Fragment-
"Traverse"

"Wait... you actually don't talk to anybody... like... at ALL?"

In a way, I'm talking to a devoted mute at this moment... great, as if that would make this conversation I'm having with this girl any easier. Almost immediately, the girl gave a nod to me, and pointed to her phone. So her texts are literally going to be the only way I communicate with her, which is some weird alternative...

"... alright, er... Neo. If that's your name."

As I say her name from what one of her texts said, the girl, Neo, gave a nod. So that's what she is going to go by... thankfully that wasn't so much of a mouthful to say.

"Go on with what you have to tell me. Be sure to make it quick too, Neo. There's no telling if we'll get beat up in any moment...You saw what I was dealing with about ten minutes ago."

Hearing my warning, Neo appears as if she takes that to mind, and then whips out her phone once more to start texting me the details as to what's going on. It'll be a lot for her to type out as texts, but seeing as she's a mute to begin with, this wouldn't be that difficult for Neo. She should be that accustomed to texting that much in so little time.

Well, it starts off with the Blood Institute, but I won't say all there is to their background. You know a lot about them. I won't waste your time with that. However, the Institute is getting more and more involved with the multiverse as we know it. In numerous accounts, there had been more kills tied to the Institute, those killed targets having connections to the organizations that abide by the Multiverse Directive. Yet, they seem to be doing more than killing potential threats to their estate. Just recently, I intercepted one of their operations, where they were kidnapping a certain individual.

It was a huge chunk of information that she was giving me in one text, but I read it with great attention. I knew about how the Blood Institute worked, especially with how I was a part of their ranks for a good portion of my life. However, I find it odd that they had to kidnap someone rather than outright kill them... It was usually that they killed someone, no matter how important they were. I needed to know more, because this was much much different than what they usually did... which meant that Exe was up to something.

"... go on."

Neo sees my interest peaking with my next words, and she rapidly stirs up another text message for me to read.

There were possibly two members of the Blood Institute at work here, but I did not see the second individual to begin with. However, I clashed with the other member, a member that strangely had ties with angelic heritage... as my associate informed me of. They managed to get away with their intended kidnapping target, that target being the current bearer of the Sin of Wrath, Nemesis Sudou. My associate happened to find another loose tie to the Institute, connected to some organization called the Healing Church. A strange trade deal had been made there, where the Institute lends their aid to hunt the beastly scourge for the Healing Church, and the Church sends in their samples of blood to the Institute. My associate and I have speculated that they aim to do something with both the Sin of Wrath's power and the blood samples.

Now this was something. Exe must really be trying to pull off something big, and not just trying to get herself a profit from a couple of kills. No... this is something that'll affect the entire multiverse for sure. Almost as big as how the Murder Games have been affecting the multiverse... I had no idea what the Healing Church was, but I supposed that it was some place in another world. Same goes to the Sin of Wrath. However, I wanted to know one thing...

"Alright, I got all of that memorized, but could you clarify for me on who your associate is, Neo?"

As I asked this from her, I briefly saw a hint of hesitation from here, but it was that brief, I wasn't even sure if I was imagining it. Nevertheless, I get another text message from Neo, meaning another explanation from her.

My associate hails from the Metaworld, a place where Sorcerers and Witches come from. She is specifically the Witch of Time, Crona. Due to her powers over time, she had been able to fill in my curiosities focused on the multiverse, especially after my two run-ins with the dreaded Murder Games. In return for my curiosities being quenched, she has asked of me to assist with her goal of hindering the Murder Games and specifically, stopping the Blood Institute from accomplishing whatever they plan to do.

Okay. So this associate of hers was some powerful witch, and has been filling her with the information that she's been telling me now. That makes sense, but I have to cross my fingers and hope that this witch wasn't up to no good. Sometimes witches just give me the awry feeling, since you know, majority of fairy tales involving witches don't show their bright side. Not at all.

"... is that all you have to tell me?"

Without texting me, Neo gives me a nod, which answers that question. Yet, a few moments later, she gives me another text that gave me a bit of confusion.

Now is the time for action. I have a kakera with me, the catalysts for Crona's magic over time. She's given me these to help me travel through time and much more, such as my act of saving you from that sudden assault. I have several more of these kakera with me, but for now, I need to go and investigate a certain area. Knowing that you have a certain agenda to go against the Institute, you can come with me, but yet, I also know that you are being heavily targeted by them. You can wear this coat to obscure your appearance. Just say so, and you'll come along with me on this investigation.

Without much else to say, I give her the nod to show that I was ready to leave with her. I wasn't sure if this would take me anywhere, to figure out what I can do to hinder the operations of the Institute, or to see if there was anything to relate to those weird dreams that I have at night... but I'll be getting something out of this. I was sure of it. Aware of my acceptance of this trip, Neo tossed me over this black coat. I might as well get used to this, seeing that I wasn't my usual attire as the freelance bounty hunter, Lapis Lazuli.

Strangely, as I looked at Neo, I saw her take out this blue crystal. That must be that kakera that she was talking about... and boy does it look similar to my crystals. Before I could think more on how that this kakera was like my crystals appearance-wise, we were suddenly engulfed in a blinding blue light. ...so we were leaving for another world as of now. How the hell was I going to explain this to Abel once I see him again?

Once again, before I could complete that thought, the light diverts, and we both find ourselves in a completely new atmosphere. I knew that this place wasn't exactly the world I come from, but it gave a vibe that I was in the future of my world. It's just that... well, it's much much more different than what the future of my world would be. From tall high-tech towers to sentient robots roaming the roads below from where Neo and I arrived at. Looking to my side to see Neo, she simply dropped the kakera that she used to get us here to the ground, probably used up and no longer a 'kakera' as she put it.

Hold on, Lapis. I need to figure out what's there to investigate here.

Neo gave me this next text as she pulled out another kakera, which was purple this time instead of blue. Maybe it was some sort of scanner? I wasn't sure, but I wasn't the right person to identify that. Soooo, I just stayed put so we wouldn't get split up, and used this time to get familiar with this new setting.

From afar, I could see that there were some other people aside from the robotic wildlife here. From all the way up here, I could say that these two were happened to be a man and a woman. The man having pure white hair and a white labcoat, and the woman being blonde with some sort of oriental get-up by the looks of it. I wasn't sure what they were up to, but it looked like they were leaving the area.

However, with a closer look, I saw some black mist appear behind them, and it seemed as if they weren't aware of it. Out from the black mist came these strange creatures, which I can only assume to be demons. While I had the notion that they could handle it, seeing that there were some metal remains of a robotic creature, Neo's purple kakera seemed to be flashing in a fast reaction. This meant one thing... these demons were our interest point.

Without even giving Neo the heads-up that I knew a single thing about this, I leapt down from our vantage point, sprinting towards the main tower and towards it's center interior.

Surely enough, Neo had confusion to my sudden advance, but she'll figure out soon. We both are aware of the threat that's here now, and we have to do something about it. As I ran into the tower, weaving through the hallways that would lead me into that center, I'm hit by that realization that I didn't have any other weapons besides my pistol. I could resort with my crystal powers, but for me, I needed more... variety.

Almost too conveniently, I pass by what seems to be an armory, and I skid to a halt to take a peek on what was inside. There was all sorts of weapons here. Shields, guns, spears... but there was one thing that I really wanted to have my hands on.

Crystallizing my hand into a fist, I smash open the glass that protected a high-tech sword inside. I like using swords, and this one is going to be my replacement for the lack of my other sword. A black metal used for this sword, as it's inner blade was made out of some sort of plasma energy. That'll be useful. Giving the blade a few swings, I sprint out of the armory and making my way into the interior.

By the time I get there, I see that those two that I saw from above were alarmed of the threat, actively fighting them as of now. While they seemed capable to protect themselves, I could already tell that they weren't use to fighting a threat such as this... I had no idea what this new threat was, but knowing what I know from Neo's information... it had to do something with the Blood Institute getting that Sin of Wrath power and those blood samples...
"Dammit, Rose, head back to the El Search Party now! I'll take care of this!"​

The man yelled this out as he commanded some sort of mechanical weapon... or weapons. Whatever those were. Almost acting as if they had minds of their own, the mechanical weapons swiped at the demons, letting out electrical charges to go with the swipes.
"But Add... are you really going to handle this on your own? These aren't the same as the demons in those other incidents..."​

The woman, Rose, gave her concern to the man, Add, on what was to happen with this coming fight. Add wasn't going to get to answer her though. The next moment, they'll see that the first demon in line happened to be beheaded, along with me landing on my two feet.
"Not at all. I've got a bone to pick on these demons... whatever they are. And besides... I take it that this requires a lot more people to chip in."​

Turning my head towards my back to see Add and Rose behind me, I say this to them, making it clear that to eliminate these demons, we needed to make this a team effort. It didn't matter if we knew each other or not, because this had to be dealt with right away. I wondered where Neo was during all of this, but she'll turn up soon. She was the one that wanted to investigate these things anyways.
"See Add, this will be handled well enough if you had people to back you up. We can trust this girl if she can fight these demons as well."​

Add only gave a roll of his eyes before having his weapons send off a laser that either stunned or decimated a group of these demons in just seconds. As this happened, Rose pulled out what seemed to be dual magnums.
"Then let's do something about this right away before it goes out of control."​

No other better words could be said than what Add said just now, and so it was time to fight.

We all had our different ways of fighting these demons. Add had his fancy electricity attacks from his weapons and lasers to show off some firepower. Rose was practically the firearms naturalist, switching from those magnums to rocket launchers, assault rifles, and much much more. As for me, I got myself my new trusty sword, and boy did I have so much fun slicing up these demons like diced cheese or something like that.

As I slashed and hacked through them as they went after me, I couldn't help but notice that their blood was oddly colored: green blood to be precise. I suppose demon's blood was weird, but I got a real nasty vibe from the blood that was exposed. I don't recall feeling all too disgusted from the times I was around Abel and his demon summons... so something was off here. Something was dreadfully off.

As I thought about why the demons felt... nastier than past encounters with them, I wasn't paying attention much to the fight, being suddenly tackled down by one of the demons and momentarily disarmed of my sword. Shit... and this demon looked like it wanted to gnaw my face off. It didn't help that I couldn't die, so I'll be feeling this a whole lot if I didn't act fast.

Thankfully my arms weren't forced down as well, letting me retrieve my pistol and aim for it's head. The moment before I would pull the trigger on it... I see that the demon on top of me was blasted away from a combination of an energy blast and an explosive charge.
"Er... thanks."​

I manage to say as I get myself up on my feet again, running over to arm myself with my sword. We all were ready to start fighting again, but truth be told, we didn't anymore. As Add and Rose were focused on getting me out of that tight situation, it appeared that Neo took care of the remaining demons, using some sort of rapier-like weapon that came from her... parasol by the looks of it.
"... Neo, what's up with the demons? They feel hella different... than the ones I'm use to seeing..."​

Without really informing the two new acquaintances I've made today, I run over to Neo, who was analyzing the demon's blood with her purple kakera. Even now, she sent me another text message, as if she couldn't talk to me verbally yet. More so, this next text confirmed on what we were dealing with here...

This blood from the demons, it's infected. From what this other kakera is giving me in terms of analysis, this blood is tainted with the power of the Sin of Wrath.
[/media][/CENTER]

(Note: @Gummi Bunnies wrote this entire story, I'm just aiding in moving it ^^)

-4th Fragment-

"Tradeoff"

"The... Sin of Wrath? What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Add, seeming to be quite out of the loop and so with Rose, had to drop this question, and to be honest, I couldn't really blame him. I would be asking the same things to, but luckily for me and Neo, this girl already told me the gist of the situation at hand.

"That means that the influence of the Blood Institute made it here... somehow."

I had my curiosities with this as soon as Neo mentioned the influence of Wrath in this area, which was something we needed to get under control.

"Wait, can we get a hold of what is going on here? You two are talking about things that we don't even know about... unless we aren't supposed to know anything..."

Rose wanted to know what was going on, and again, I can't blame her... However, there's no way we're getting them involved, because in some way, they only got involved because they were in the area as things began to happen.

Sorry, we can't get you involved. In that case, we'll be on our way.

As Neo gave Add and Rose a moment to see what was on this text that she was showcasing to them, I felt myself being tugged away from them. I could admire their want to get involved, seeing that they were curious on what was going on with us, but truth be told, even Neo knew that getting more people involved meant more trouble. We didn't want more people getting hurt in some way, and we both made that clear.

"... if you're just going to leave without getting our thanks, I'll warn you, there was a huge demon invasion down at the Lanox region again. If you're so interested in the demon invasions, go ahead, take a gander at that. Just know that we'll come back with more help on that matter soon enough."

While Neo didn't seem to take that in or have any response to that, I had a feeling that that would be our next destination... wherever Lanox was located here. If those demons we fought moments ago were injected with the Sin of Wrath essence, then maybe there's a chance we'll find more of those certain demons and the person letting those demons out in the first place.

"Eh... sure, we'll keep that in mind!"

I would say this back to the two of them, but by the time I looked back to see them, they were gone. Probably left since they knew that they weren't coming with us in any way.

And from there, it looked like it was going to be a long walk to get to this Lanox place, and it made me wonder if Neo knew where that was. I hoped she did, or else we're otherwise stuck and lost in some place or world that I don't even know about. The more and more we possibly were getting closer to our next destination, the more and more I started feel like it was getting steady warmer and warmer. A good ten minutes later, that warmth began to become pretty hot. If it wasn't for the fact that I was undead, this would really start bothering me.

Now that it was just that hot, I could tell on what kind of terrain we were dealing with here. It was like a field for volcanoes in some way, with the fact that there was lakes of lava along the way and the lack of any signs of water or any moisture. A molten desertland, if I can describe it as that.

With this type of terrain, it was hard to think that there would be any form of civilization out there, which meant that this would be an ideal spot to station the sources that spawn out those infected demons. I can see this being the very place that the leader of the Blood Institute, Exe, had picked out from the other possible places to do this. Not too far from here, there was this abandoned factory building, probably left like so for a long long time. I could tell from the aged erosion and the cracks of the cement walls.

We'll split up from here, Lapis. I'll take the outside of this building, and you'll take the interior. If nothing happens from there, we'll meet up on the other side of this building.

Both of us met eyes, and a single collective nod was shared between us. Not wanting to waste a second if this really was their location of operations, I ran off to enter the building, but not until I noticed that Neo had another text to share with me which I received on my own cell phone.

Good luck.

Yeah, and I'll be wishing her good luck too. Putting my cell phone away, I opened the door and walked into the building. Just a few steps into the building, and I could feel the demonic essence that was mixed with that... sinful presence. The Sin of Wrath. It was in here. My gut feeling here wasn't wrong, because I was sure of it.

Running as fast as I can, I make it to the second floor of this building, and just as I expected... I found the source that was spawning these demonic spawns.

Not only that...

... but a member of the Blood Institute was here.

He was setting these things in this world... and hell like I'll let him go on with this!

My thoughts set on severing a single tie to the accursed Institute, I sprint towards him, drawing out my sword with the clear intent of slashing through him.

A clash of metal echoed throughout the barren walls of this building, two curved blades that prevented mine from going through him. I stared daggers into the man's eyes, falsely appearing pure crystal blue. A small smirk I send over his way, and before he could do anything funny, I use the force of our initial clashing of blades to boost myself into the air. Now with gravity working along my side, I swing my sword downwards at him. A cheap shot, I know, and he knew that as well. Especially by the fact that he threw himself out of the range of my sword.

"Now now, there is no need to get so eager on such things..."

I roll my eyes at his comment, as if this was something to brush aside and forget about. I'm not going to let the Institute test out this goddamn abomination of theirs, because once they do, they're definitely going to let those things loose into all different places in the multiverse.

"And there isn't a need for you to be here with the demon shit, that's for sure."

As I say that, I noticed that my opponent was attempting to do something, his index finger bleeding. With careful eyes, I see that he was tracing his bleeding finger onto his wrist... I didn't want to take any chances.

Retrieving my pistol from my belt, I take aim immediately and shot a bullet towards the arm that he was using to draw this bloody symbol. Again, he sees what I aimed to do, and he barely moved out of the way in time. And by barely, I mean that the bullet grazes at the skin of his arm, I could see the gritted teeth as he feels it all happen in a manner of seconds.

Seeing him flinch, this was my chance. Slipping my pistol away, I rush at him again, holding my sword with two hands as I aim for a downwards slash at him. While I expected to land a hit this time, I find that he was blocking my attacks again, one handing a single blade of his above his head.

"You know, I never expected the feared Lapis Lazuli to be so aggressive... It really makes it easy to read your intentions."

So he knew who I was, which was no surprise. Members of the Blood Institute were probably informed about me, being the only member to go and disband from the Institute without getting my head chopped up and served on a pitchfork. What was the surprise here, however, was that he was instantly gone from my sight as he said that. The next second after that, I felt two blades slicing through my back, the sound of shattered crystals echoing throughout this barren building.

"You're lucky that I had no intention of a killing blow, Miss Lapis."

... now this was a strange line, that this man would not go for a killing blow. Was this a new recruit or something? A person that didn't kill on instinct. However, that was not the same for my instincts...

"For me..."

I start to say, and then soon, I swipe my leg backwards, making the man lose his balance.

"... I always go for the killing blow."

Seeing him fall to the ground, looking all surprised, I take this chance to take aim and shoot his head this time. However, like he disappeared from my sight the first time around, he was gone once more. But I saw him tumbling like he was on the ground, which leads to me believing that he had some sort of boost to his speed. It was like that bloody symbol he drew on himself had done this, like some sort of power of his. Magic perhaps.

"That's why I was considered the best of the Institute's killers, but now that I'm not theirs, I'm just a dangerous killer. You?"

Awaiting his answer, I start thinking on how I was going to match his speed, knowing that he could avoid my every expected move. My bullets and sword wouldn't do the job on it's own. But...

"Me? ... I'm just a damned soul tied to the Institute, and while I remain to do these deeds... I don't think I should let you scrummage around and continue your own killings. Miss Lapis, I believe a... tradeoff is needed, a sacrifice on your side..."

A sacrifice, what was he going on about? I could tell that he was unwilling outright kill me, going for blows that would only hinder my fighting ability. However, I couldn't let him live, he was doing these things that could otherwise make progress for the Institute. At this second, I unleash my crystal powers, to him, my eyes became vibrant blue... and I rush at him again.

His blades are ready to quickly block and redirect my every move, but what he didn't expect... was me materializing crystalline spikes that would hinder his moving space. I know he couldn't block my every move at this rate, so I went ahead and went all out on him. Slash after slash. Hack after hack. Slice after slice. Sparks fly off in various directions, our clash didn't cease to end.

As he kept this fast pace up, I kept on manifesting more and more crystals to keep him where I want him to be...

We never ceased to stop, and we only continued going.

We never received any hits, and we only continued trading blocked blows.

Soon, one hit was delivered to me, which I couldn't block... and I see that his blade was aimed towards my arm. I knew he was trying to disarm in some way, and I had to prevent this...

I duck out of the way, aiming to roll out of the way... however, I felt something being cut off as I evaded the otherwise disarming blow. Looking upwards for a brief second, and I see that my own hair... my ponytail floating through the air and to the ground.

"You little shit..."

I curse from under gritted teeth, as if my anger wasn't expressed enough. I won't be growing that lock of hair until I go to the afterlife! Almost like I was in a blind rage, I rush at him, my sword ready to kill him...

"Wait... look out!"

The man seemed to realize that something was wrong, and avoided my killing stab, pulling me towards a certain direction. I didn't know what was going on, still angered at this Blood Institute member...

And then... a flash of light consumed us up...​

-5th Fragment-
"Turmoil"

"Abel, I know I've been away from home for awhile now... Just trust me when I say I'll be back, alright?"

Hiding in the shadows of an alleyway, I couldn't help but hear some sort of commotion occurring at the intended destination I planned to go to. My grip tightening at my phone, I knew that I couldn't afford to keep this call with Abel any longer. It was almost time.

"I need to go. I'll make up the time I've been gone... Bye."

I could hear a brief demand from Abel on what I was doing exactly, but I cut the call short before I could hear him say that. I felt bad for shutting him out like this, but I knew this was my problem to deal with only. I already hurt him all the way back at that one Murder Game, and I knew that this was going to hurt him even more since he wasn't around to help me. Unknown to him, I've recently returned from another Murder Game, located in what was said to be the Dark Place. I didn't really have much reminders of what happened, but I knew that I survived two of these strange events already. Hell, I've been involved in that second one due to the encounter I had with that Institute member.

He sounded to be the type that wouldn't touch the Institute on his own free will, but it was all appearances that I saw. Maybe I was being too rash with my view on the people involved or had connections to the Institute, but I could never be too sure. I didn't want to risk chances of being caught by them.

But now was the time to finally make progress on my part, I intended in breaking into the Blood Institute's headquarters and kill Exe myself. I wasn't going to get any help for this little operation I was setting for myself. I wouldn't want to get Abel into my own mess. I had no time to contact Neo for backup. I wasn't going to let that strange girl in blue's warning lead me astray. I had to do this. The Coalition and any other organization wasn't going to bat an eye, because they didn't know what I knew about the Institute.

My thoughts racing, I ran down the street towards the clock tower building that was located in this city, this was where the Institute's headquarters was hidden in. I knew how to get in, especially with my prior knowledge from being a member back then. However, something felt wrong the moment I stepped into the lobby room. Everything was trashed, as if something or someone had already did what I wanted to do already... Windows were shattered open, papers were scattered all about, doors were detached from their hinges and on the ground, even blood splatters could be seen staining several places in this room alone.

"..."

I didn't dare say a word, I didn't want to exactly announce my presence here yet. There's no telling if the person or thing responsible for this was still lingering around, and I couldn't afford missing my chance of putting an end to Exe's corrupt life. No business to be done here, I proceeded into one of the doors that would lead into a staircase going downwards. At the end of the stairs, I was well aware that I was now in enemy territory.

Not as much as the first room that leads into the headquarters, the hallways down below were also in terrible condition. I couldn't think as to who would also know about the Institute and would have the thoughts of infiltrating the place as well. The only person I could think of as Neo, but I was certain that she wouldn't be able to pull this off on her own, let alone do so and live...

Stealthily making my way through the hallways and taking the safest possible route towards Exe's office, I take notice that majority of the damage done to the place leads towards the private lab that Exe had further down into the deepest part of the facility. I knew that she was into testing out new weaponry and such, especially after my brother's death, but I wasn't aware of what she could be doing down there now. I had an idea that it was related to those Seven Deadly Sins, but I wouldn't want to see it myself because of what I saw with Neo back then... It surely isn't pretty stuff.

All of this navigation, and I realize that none of that damage could be seen towards her office... So whoever it was, they wished to steal something from the lab and then bail out... I assumed that was the case. My sights set for my goal, I walked towards the final door in the hallway, the door towards Exe's office. In preparation of my fight against her, I rest my hand at the hilt of my sword. So this was it...

I stop in my steps, hearing that there was someone lurking around. Looking over my shoulder behind me, I could've sworn that I saw a blur of someone leaving the premises. It was like they were going really fast... but the only thing that was notable to me was a shade of purple in their wake. Whoever that was, they didn't concern me, and surely I didn't concern them or else they would've confronted me here and now.

Refocusing myself, I return my attention to the office door, she was waiting for me. I knew. The moment I opened the door, I moved out of the view of the door frame, and a bullet flew right by my head.

"Nice shot, but you should know that I was going to be standing a few more inches to the right."

I could hear the annoyed grunt from my archnemesis. Exe furrowed her eyebrows, her hands still holding onto her revolver with a tight grip.

"Shut up. I don't need to listen to you criticize how I decide to kill you."

Just like me, she wanted me dead, but for different reasons definitely. She wants me dead due to me leaving the Institute. I want her dead to ensure she doesn't cause any more trouble. I wasn't morally right, I'm aware of that, especially on how I'm going out of my way to kill her and end it at that. Better than waiting for anyone else to prepare an "orderly" way of stopping the Institute.

I only grin at the corrupt leader of the Institute in front of me, pulling out my sword from it's sheath.

"Fine by me. Let's finally end this."

-Final Fragment-
"Tenacity"

All hell broke loose. It happened in an instant. I see Exe aim her revolver at my head. Then out of nowhere, a mechanical knight phases into reality in front of me, swiping its sword to my side and practically throwing me out of the window. Glass shattering. It hurt. Despite that, I focus on my main goal here.

I had to kill Exe here.

Getting back onto my feet on the inner courtyard of this facility, I immediately brace myself for the incoming onslaught from this mechanical foe sent out by Exe. Swords and blades clashing, I keep an attentive eye over at Exe's direction, watching her climb over the broken window and preparing to get a good shot at me. Taking a bullet even when I had the resistance against it... I knew that wasn't the wisest idea.

One-handing my blade, I don't waste a second on conjuring up a wall of crystals to block the incoming bullet. With that situated, I roll my way out of the mechanical figure's sword swings, crafting a crystal spear in the process and tossing the crafted weapon at it. My plan being to pin this extra variable into the crystal wall I've made, it'll give me the room to focus on Exe. However, it wasn't going to be that easy...

"PWC module shift 00, battle protocol 01."

Her voice being to my right, the executioner taps at the side of a cube, unveiling the true nature of this weapon. I've never seen it in the hands of her... but I was aware of what it was. A prototype version of it, once called the Projected Weapon Material, was invented and used by my late brother. I could only assume she got a hold of his weapon after she had gotten me to kill him, and altered it to her tastes with the addition of that digitalized fiend I had to focus on along with her moments ago. Just the thought that she would go to that length to be using something that was once my brother's after his death because of her, I wanted to kill her even more.

The mechanical fighter soon dissolved into light that would return to her side, forming into a projected energy sword for her to wield. So she wanted to go to my territory, huh? Not letting her get the easy treatment, I rushed at her, bringing downwards slashes meant to break any guard she put up. As our blades collided and sparked off of each other, I could tell that she wasn't that experienced in swordplay, and just when I thought I would've overwhelmed her.

"Battle protocol 03."

An instant fighting style change with whatever came next, from a sword to a scythe. Unlike how easy it felt to beat her in normal swordplay, I found myself on the other spectrum of our clash, my parries not hindering her sudden shift into an aggressive push of swings and spins. For some reason, I felt like the battle pace was coming by faster than I would've expected. My sidesteps and parries were seemingly off by a few reaction seconds and whatnot...

Just to ensure that I had the space to rethink my strategy, I snapped my fingers and out came bursting from the ground a set of crystalline spikes. Given that these were coming from underneath Exe's feet, she had no choice but to get out of the way, which she did by leaping backwards. It felt like we had been in a stalemate for the longest.

We tried everything at each other. Whatever we had, we tried what we could, not wanting to give away what we had as secret trump card weapons or techniques. All of this, and it was starting to seem like I had to step my game up or else this fight was all for nothing. I knew I had my crystal magic... but I also remembered about the possible other magic I had under my wing. I didn't understand it, but I figured it was related to how I became Half-Alive in the first place. It was what allowed me to find Abel in his world and to find my way back here in the world that I first gained my hatred for Exe.

If I didn't try this, then this fight was a waste of time, especially if Exe wasn't dead by the end of it.

In the moments that she had retreated from my latest onslaught using my sword once more, I stepped back and began to focus in all of the magic energy I had into my palm. Just like how I made those portals to see Abel and to find my way here, I had to do the same but in the hopes of killing this threat. It didn't matter if it actually felt like this magic was going to drain me dry of my fighting spirit, I wanted to make this count.

As I prepared with all that I could, I glance up to see that Exe was pressured to see that I was resorting to the limits of my magic, given that she knew about my prowess to use crystal magic by the looks of it. Just as I started to make progress on charging up the magic, I sensed that something was off with Exe, and then I remembered about what I learned from Neo.

Exe was planning to put to use the Seven Deadly Sins all at once. I couldn't mistaken it. I felt the surge of Wrath back with those infected demons back in Elrios, and with her... she had a lot more going on than just the Sin of Wrath. So this was what she was holding back? Now I really had to make this count, or this would be it!

Clenching my left hand into a fist for a moment, I held out my hand towards her direction, releasing the magic energy that I was concentrating into one attack. This magic was initially formed as a blue orb, but once it traveled enough distance to be near the Sin-fueled Exe, it dispersed into numerous rays of blue energy that would wrap around her and begin to burn her power out. As long as I could burn out the energy that meant to fuel her Sin-fueled power, I would have a chance to finally strike her down, especially before she could sever the connection of the magic rays.

The more I did this, the more I felt my left hand becoming numb and stiff. It was more irritating than pain that I can actually feel from time to time. I was already half-dead, so to feel something numb out into what feels like my hand has gone dead was more bothering to me. I didn't feel the need to stop despite that, I didn't want to lose this chance. I work up a small grin once I start to feel that terrible essence of the Seven Deadly Sins die down. That's good. I take a few steps to close the distance between us, just so I had the open opportunity to finally kill her at this weakened state.

... all but forgetting one factor.

"... battle... protocol... 04."

Again, I had no time to react. I could've had the time, but it happened too fast for me to comprehend what to do in response. I could only watch it happen. A set of projected wings appear behind Exe, and with a small gesture, the wings form into particles that resembled small bladed projectiles. A portion of these projectiles struck me at the chest, pinning me to the wall behind me. Another portion of these projectiles were aimed at my weakened left hand, tearing through my wrist and effectively dismembering my hand from my body. In times like this where a body part of mine was severed, all I had to do was will that lone body part to come back to my body and it would crystallize back into place.

But here, I watched in helplessness to see my hand shatter apart into tiny crystal shards that couldn't be seen by the normal naked eye. There was no getting that back. I was so focused on disabling her usage of the Seven Deadly Sins... and I forgot to destroy the cube that enabled her access to what was once my brother Blake's weaponry.

"... put me in a real bind back there, Rinato. You sure did. Now, I don't see the point of trying to tear those projected wings out of your chest like that. You'll just weaken yourself more, cutting yourself on that."

I stopped once I heard Exe coming my way, my only hand gripped onto one of the projected wing shards in the vain effort to pull it out. She was right. I had no more options in this fight. It didn't matter if I still had those crystals keeping me alive and animated in this world somewhere, she had the arsenal to kill me here...

"Don't think you're immortal. I don't know how you managed to cheat death, but I won't let you avoid it any longer. I would've been dead beat if I wasn't informed of your condition."

"I could say the same... for you... do you have any idea what you're doing? ... you made me kill my own brother... you're playing around with these Sins that'll do more hurt than good... you even manage a killing business for chrissakes! And you're saying that I... I'm the one that should be dead!"

Her words were filled with lies. I didn't want to hear her sap story on how I killed her boyfriend, my brother, all those years ago. My justification for doing all of this is valid enough that she should be the one dead...

"And look at you. You view yourself as a righteous vigilante, telling yourself and others that you're doing it for the greater good. In reality, you steal lives away for your self gain, to make yourself feel better. You make a living out of spilling blood and nothing more. I do so with the hopes of bringing back a life you stole from me and yourself, and making a paradise where no other Sin is committed... because I will hold all of those Vessels of Sin in me."

"Sounds like mighty fine bullshit to me! Mind stop with your talking if it's just going to be this b-"

"But I didn't send you that order to kill Blake."

I stop mid-sentence. I didn't know why, but something about that statement threw me offguard. That order was specifically sent to me by her, I remember that day clearly. I surely did remember, because of what transpired soon after.

"You're bullshitting me again, aren't you... ?"

"Even before your own death by my own hands soon enough, I will not lie on this. I promise you that. I would never set an order for my own love's death."

The memories start pouring in. I knew I was monotone and hardened by the art of killing back then, but I remember the fateful day and my words with Exe before I went out to do the killing deed. I remember how unnerved she sounded, and how horrified she was the moment I left for the job. The pieces somehow fit together, and felt frozen in place. It wasn't sensible to think that Exe had sent the order and then started to regret it... Before it all went down, she and Blake had the strongest relationship I've seen...

Was I blindly following the wrong lead this entire time? Was I being manipulated to kill her like I've been trying to do ever since that day?

"I believe this is where we part ways."

Staring ahead at Exe, I watched as she unlatched a golden key from her necklace, somehow transforming it into a golden bullet that she would load into her revolver. The essence of Wrath was leaving a stench from that very transformed bullet. I didn't know what it did, but I could tell that this was my death sentence.

"Wait..."

"What is it? Do you have some last words, Rinato Dormi?"

I was at her mercy at this point, but given with what I was starting to piece together, I needed to ask her one more thing.

"Tell me... who told you about my condition? Who also told you about the Seven Deadly Sins?"

"That's not important anymore. I took care of her already."

I didn't respond. So Exe already killed whoever started this trainwreck in the first place? I couldn't think on who would want me and her to clash like this... but we both have our wrongs to make us equally despise each other. All it took was the death of a single person to start this feud. With no way out of this, I already resigned my fate.

"Hey... Ex-... Eliza."

"What now?"

"... just kill me already."

The staggering silence extended for a period of time between us. Even weakened as I am, I gave a tense look at the executioner. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things, but it looked like she was trembling a bit with that revolver in her hands. Almost like she was nervous and uncertain about what she was going to do.

"... understood. If you can, tell Blake that I'll be bringing him back. That will be all."

A small smile appearing on her face, she finally took aim at me, her finger rested and soon pressed onto the trigger. I hear the gunshot, but it felt like forever that the bullet would make contact with me. Maybe this was how death plays out before the lights go out. A perfect mirror to what should've been my actual death, the night I was shot in the face and became Half-Alive. Only this time, I was to die for real.

I had many regrets compared to my first death, and it made me wish that I could've died back there before I became involved in all of these events. Blake could've been alive. Abel and Gnar wouldn't have to be involved in my own burden. Exe could've lived a happier life. If only that were the case, it hurt to know that I was leaving the people I came to know during my travels after that incident of my "death." When I shouldn't have all of this time, I now felt like I wanted more time.

And so there was more time.

A flash of blue light happened in a blink of an eye, faster than what felt to be regular time. From what I could see, I saw who had came to my rescue. It turned out to be that same mysterious girl in blue that warned me not to pursue Exe. In a way... I felt guilty and stupid to not take her advice to heart from the beginning. Possibly moving faster than the regular flow of time to save me from the incoming bullet, the girl traced out a portal in a similar fashion that I would.

"... please, try to change the fated future. This is your chance!"

Only heard by me, the girl told me this last piece of advice before pushing me into the portal and onto the ground of what was Abel's apartment late at night. Free of the shards that pinned me to a wall earlier, I watched with horror to see the bullet hit the girl in the head and quickly imploded into nothingness in front of Exe.

And then the portal sealed up and disappeared.

-End-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back