Akashic Arcana Into Wonderland

Keilantra.... Viola stared at the pale girl's back, letting both her and Yuuki walk a little bit ahead of them while she processed all the little things she'd been ignoring up until then. Like how the other students reacted to Keilantra, or how the girl had already begun separating herself from the rest of society by calling everyone else 'human'. It was almost like staring into the future, to see a taller, paler self of herself. Her own period of isolation hadn't been too long ago, and the memories and emotions were still fresh in her mind.

Don't compare yourself to her. She scolded herself mentally, the harsh tone bringing her back for a brief moment to the time after her father had been arrested. How many days had she trapped herself in her own room? It was almost sad to see how quickly she could almost fall back into the role of the foolish girl that had locked herself away. Curled up on her bed, hunger gnawing away at her stomach, unable to really see the faces of anyone she spoke to. You did that to yourself... she, well, no one sees her for who she really is.

It took actual effort this time for her to ignore her old inner monologue and focus on what was important: the present.

Hurrying her pace, Viola caught up to the two and stood on the other side of Keilantra, just a few steps behind. "You shouldn't just accept that." Viola spoke, her tone calm and measured. Her two conflicting personalities almost canceling each other out. "You're just validating their beliefs, even if it is through your own inaction or indifference. It won't change unless you force them to see you for who you really are."

Says the girl that doesn't even know who she is. Viola repressed a sigh as her old self chimed in again, and she couldn't wait for that inner voice to go quiet again.

The blue haired girl smirked lightly, "To fear death is to fear living with uncertainty. It is inevitable that we will all die one day. Not knowing when that will be or how it will happen is what stops a person from reaching past their limitations and breaking the chains that tame their souls. As for fear," She looked up into the other girl's eye this time, "It is a useless emotion that reminds one that they will die should they hesitate or pause to long on the path to the world beyond this one."

Yuuki's words were clearly those that she lived by. And when one had lived through what she had they learned quickly that they can either hide from the world and waste away or they can shatter the boundaries that tied them to their complacent existence. She had clearly chose to break such bonds and live for herself and for those she loved.

The girl didn't let go of Kei's hand as she leaned back slightly to look at Viola, "It's true. You have to paint with your colors not someone else's or the picture will never be yours."

She hummed softly to herself for the rest of the way to the dorms.

Kei led the girls into the dorm and up the stairs, "hard to believe you two are younger than me," she giggled, "I feel like a child being taught a lesson by two wise women." Kei's tone was sincere and she hoped it would come across as such - it was hard for her to make friends or even to interact with anyone, but the fact that these two had stuck around for longer than a minute, that was a great sign.

"I apologize ahead of time if my room is destroyed," Kei said with a small laugh, "My roommate is kind of a mess so," her mind darting back to meeting Cena for the first time, the music from literally a century ago blaring.

Finally they had arrived; Kei took a second to pull her keys out from her purse and to unlock the door. Revealing a rather spacious room, surprisingly enough even Cena's stuff was tidy enough that it wouldn't be an absolute embarrassment to bring people over.

"The bathroom is that door near by desk," she pointed at the semi open door on the far right wall, "There are towels in there so feel free to use them as needed. You can probably borrow some of my clothes until your brother arrives," Kei said to Yuuki as she put her bag and umbrella down on her bed.

Back