New User Introducing Me

Eylaveins

Eyla Veins
Hello there Storytellers
The Basics
My name is Eyla, this is a penname that I love, I feel it in my veins - there is where I get my full username.
I am female, 23 years old this late May but I tend to write for all sorts of gender identities and ages - 20 to 27 years old is my usual range.
I have been writing for fun and as a form of passion since I was 8 years old, roleplaying with others since I was around 11/12.
I have a Bachelors in English with two subfocuses that needed extra training: Creative Writing and the History of Bookmaking and the English Language

This being said, I do make grammatical errors and I do use words incorrectly! Feel free to correct me, I love learning and improving!
I have a cat and I love all sorts of animals! My favorite color is yellow and I am learning Norwegian/Norsk
What I Write
I like to write all sorts of things! I go through different waves of preferences and desires. I tend to stray away from very realistic nonmagical/scifi roleplays right now, I am all about fantasy and fantastical worlds and roleplays. I do tend to love a good science fiction story as well though, and occasionally something realistic if the plot is eye catching enough. However, that is just not what I am feeling right now but it's bound the change!
I can write in first person, but I have run into people with different understandings of what that is, so my version and what I mean is in parenthesis (I/me/my/mine for the character being written in the perspective of and you/your/yours for your partners character while using she/he/them/ze/hir for every other character)
My preference is third person though!
My preferred length is two full paragraphs per post, which to me means somewhere around ten sentences per paragraph
I accept and will give more if someone gives me more! And I can handle a little less but I tend to not enjoy working with less than a paragraph
I do not roleplay for er*tic reasons. My roleplays do tend to be mature, but usually due to darker themes and tones.

Like mentioned above, I like things dramatic and dark and thick with sophisticated storylines. This means I also work with sensitive topics and while I am completely alright with avoiding anyone's triggers, I will not write a story that has only one plot/storyline
What I Am Looking For
Someone who is interested in crafting a world filled with cultures and religions and characters suffering through a great enemy or set of enemies while also possibly falling in love along the way (not a must). Someone who can be understanding that I have a life outside of writing (and I will do the same) while writing with passion and detail. Someone who won't leave me to do all the creating (although I might try to do all of it lol)

I suffer from depression, anxiety, adhd, and PTSD. A lot of it is due to trauma and abuse - I find it cathartic sometimes to write characters with similar backstories to my own, however if my partner is not comfortable with that I fully understand and will change my character.
Because of my illness, I may occasionally disappear and that is usually due to lack of motivation or having to deal with things here and there. I do not mean to ghost you, I swear. I will try my best to warn you before hand and I will ALWAYS offer an explanation afterwards. If you choose to leave in that time, that is totally understandable!

Last edited:
Hello, Eyla. Welcome to the Circle. I am looking forward to your future characters and worlds. They sound very interesting.

This being said, I do make grammatical errors and I do use words incorrectly! Feel free to correct me,; I love learning and improving!
Since you asked. :p

Anyway, welcome to the site! I have a hunch that you'll fit in well here. This community is generally on the more mature side, as far as online communities go, and we all have obligations, as well! So, while not everyone might be right for you, I'm sure you'll find someone who is.

When you say, "I tend to stray away from very realistic nonmagical/scifi roleplays," do you mean you mean that you prefer magical/scifi roleplays, or that you prefer magical roleplays and reject very realistic/scifi roleplays? I prefer both fantasy and scifi, myself, and am not afraid to fuse them together.

Since you asked. :p

Anyway, welcome to the site! I have a hunch that you'll fit in well here. This community is generally on the more mature side, as far as online communities go, and we all have obligations, as well! So, while not everyone might be right for you, I'm sure you'll find someone who is.

When you say, "I tend to stray away from very realistic nonmagical/scifi roleplays," do you mean you mean that you prefer magical/scifi roleplays, or that you prefer magical roleplays and reject very realistic/scifi roleplays? I prefer both fantasy and scifi, myself, and am not afraid to fuse them together.
Oh thank you haha, I am going to pretend that typo was intentional for comedic purposes.

As for the wording, thank you I need to change it a bit. Currently I am all about fantasy and fantastical worlds and am not in the mood for much realistic drama or science fiction roleplays but generally I do love my scifi and my scifi fantasy mix.

Back