New User Introducing myself

Spd7693

Hello everyone. I'm SPD by initials and 07.06.1993 by birthdate. Thus the username SPD7693. I'm a creative person, but don't know how much creativity I could boast with. I'll let for you to decide.

I love writing stories and roleplaying. The latter has been a hobby of mine for 5 years, but so far I have roleplayed only in the site Chatango. I mostly do one-on-one roleplay. I tried a few group ones, but I feel like I need guidance for those. As a start, I can't find a moment to interact as nobody knows who when writes and conflicting posts may easily appear at the same time. That leads to the other problem I have - I find them a bit chaotic.

My characters vary, but I seem stuck up on typical personas. If we do a modern romance/slice of life rp, usually my character would be a sports or music prodigy that has to find ways to balance real life and career. Some travel a lot. I have some medieval characters tol, based on different fantasy stuff. I have my own Sci-Fi universe for roleplays and recently I created my Star Wars Expanded Universe character - the Miraluka Viknid.

I wanted to put the latter as my avatar, but I seem to never be able to find fitting artwork for him. He is supposed to wear a bandana that covers the whole top of his head and the eye sockets. So, should I keep searching or put another of my characters as an avatar?

I seem to have lots of questions too. So, I'd like to be shown around a bit. This is my first attempt to RP out of Chatango. I also have used Discord, but there I've only chatted with people I've met in the aforementioned site. I read the rules, but still I need a bit more clarity on what is accepted and what not. I don't mean by the rules, I mean by the practice of the participants. There always are "unwritten rules". And of course, still can't figure out how recruitment works.

I hope to find some roleplay partners here and give my creative side some free will. Again, I'd like some tips when I'm in group and maybe if I can, do mostly one-on-one roleplaying.

I hope this is not that bad for introduction. I really need help and I really need partners. I hope I get accepted here and not get picked on for lack of experience or something like that.

Greetings.

Reactions: Dan
Welcome! If you haven't already go read the Rules It might also help if you read the Approval guide. Reading the Approval guide will help get your account approved. Getting your account approved means you can access the roleplay forums, game forums, can pm, message on profiles, and many other things. If you need a mentor/guide I would be happy to help. You can ask me any questions you have. And maybe once you get approved we can maybe Role play together. You seem really cool and I would like to get to know and help you. Maybe if you do Roleplay we could do fantasy because I'm a huge fantasy nerd. Or a slice of life since you like that too. I do hope I can help in any way I can. We hope you enjoy your stay here.

@MarronQuillnest

Thanks for being my welcoming committee. (Hope I wrote the word right.) I read both things. What I'd like to understand is what is acceptable. By acceptable I mean what the members of this site tend to do, how they tend to recruit, what the common themes are and so on. I also don't watch anime and don't play Dungeons and Dragons, which tend to be very common themes among role-players. I've posted a topic of questions in another forum too. Like I said, I'm throwing myself in the deep end here.

@MarronQuillnest

Thanks for being my welcoming committee. (Hope I wrote the word right.) I read both things. What I'd like to understand is what is acceptable. By acceptable I mean what the members of this site tend to do, how they tend to recruit, what the common themes are and so on. I also don't watch anime and don't play Dungeons and Dragons, which tend to be very common themes among role-players. I've posted a topic of questions in another forum too. Like I said, I'm throwing myself in the deep end here.
So I wouldn't say that there is a specific genre everyone does. I feel like it's mixed all over. I have seen Alice In Wanderland Roleplays (Fandom) and I have seen Roleaply's like mine witch are 1x1 fantasy. There's not a ¨common generea¨ or ¨set theme.¨ Just do something that interests you and I'm sure you will find a partner. As for recruiting you recruit Here. And may I ask what the question you asked in the area was. My computer is being funny and won't load new posts until a little later. I also help what I said helped. If not feel free to ask more questions.

I saw the topic either was not posted or something like that or unapproved. It was in Creative Works and as I saw I'm allowed to post there. Maybe a noobish mistake. So, I'll do it in short.

1. Artwork is a problem for me since I almost find nothing fitting and artists aren't cheap. I have created some of my modern characters in The Sims, but the game anyways burnt my hard drive last week. For the others I don't know what to do, especially Viknid. So, I could ask if it's acceptable if I simply describe the characters verbally.
  2. I already mentioned my group RP problems.
  3. I have felt quite intimidated role-playing with males in these years. Sometimes I like filtering my options in that case. Disclaimer: This doesn't mean I strictly aim for romance, even if I never rule it out as an option. And I DON'T use roleplaying as a way to find someone special in life, even if I would be very happy if it happens, but this is not the reason. The reason is to create stories before all.
  4. You answered my recruitment question.
I mentioned I'm quite desperate to find roleplays and partners for that. But it's not easy.

I saw the topic either was not posted or something like that or unapproved. It was in Creative Works and as I saw I'm allowed to post there. Maybe a noobish mistake. So, I'll do it in short.

1. Artwork is a problem for me since I almost find nothing fitting and artists aren't cheap. I have created some of my modern characters in The Sims, but the game anyways burnt my hard drive last week. For the others I don't know what to do, especially Viknid. So, I could ask if it's acceptable if I simply describe the characters verbally.
  2. I already mentioned my group RP problems.
  3. I have felt quite intimidated role-playing with males in these years. Sometimes I like filtering my options in that case. Disclaimer: This doesn't mean I strictly aim for romance, even if I never rule it out as an option. And I DON'T use roleplaying as a way to find someone special in life, even if I would be very happy if it happens, but this is not the reason. The reason is to create stories before all.
  4. You answered my recruitment question.
I mentioned I'm quite desperate to find roleplays and partners for that. But it's not easy.
Are you asking if you can put characters/Oc's in the creative forum area?

By OC what do you mean? I always have translated this as "original character", but maybe there is another terminology to follow? Sorry for the noobish questions, but I'm... simply honest.

I have their appearances described in spreadsheets. Like I said, artwork is a problem. I also have added their backstories in those spreadsheets and a bit of details about their persona.

By OC what do you mean? I always have translated this as "original character", but maybe there is another terminology to follow? Sorry for the noobish questions, but I'm... simply honest.

I have their appearances described in spreadsheets. Like I said, artwork is a problem. I also have added their backstories in those spreadsheets and a bit of details about their persona.
No you're correct! Oc means original character. So if it's not actual art then post it in creative writing.

OK. I'm soon going to post those bios in that forum once I feel I can. I hope I can find common themes with the others. Still however, I expect my other questions answered too.

Just looking for a role play to escape the real world and into the fictional world. Just want something you don't see all the time.

Back