New User introducing the uninspired and tired writer

Greetings and salutations~ I am the uninspired and tired writer, Demi or Muzi. For a brief bit about me, I'm nonbinary (they/them or he/him), 22, and currently constantly bouncing between jobs. The final item means that at best, my posting is erratic.

As far as writing goes, I'm now in my early 20's and have been writing since I was in the single digits. I started roleplaying when I was preteen, and while I've taken breaks since, I still lay claim to a decade of experience. It is by and far my favorite and most passionate hobby. To say that I'm addicted is an understatement. Now, that doesn't guarantee skill and style (that is something you'll have to judge for yourself), but it most certainly does lead to me being fairly set in my ways.

My posting style is third person, past tense. There isn't a thing about that that I want to change. The length of my posts ranges from 150 to 500 words, and I have a preference to average around 300 words. While I can write in greater length, I find that I, personally, cannot write enough details to reach that much length without feeling like I am bogging down the roleplay waxing poetic or repeating myself pointlessly.

On the specifics of who I write, that is easy. Any roleplay I write will have LGBTQ themes. Most often, I prefer a story that has a romantic subplot that is between two men, but I am also here for trans or nonbinary characters as well as polyamorous relationships. I do not ever play straight, cis characters in monogamous, heterosexual relationships as my primary pairing. If the plot has multiple pairings, then I am a little more flexible.

That brings me to what I write, and here is where I begin to waffle and meander, because that is a bit hard to put into a single category. Once upon a time, I was a creative child that came up with dozens and even hundreds of stories with no motivation to see them through. Now, I have all of those plots floating around waiting to be played. More than that, I'm an avid reader that finds things and thinks of ways to cater them more to my taste. Half my plots are as close to original as one could hope and the other half are inspired by movies/tv/books/fanfiction/music videos/etc. Genres range from contemporary slice of life to futuristic science fiction to high fantasy. As far as preferences go, I can't pick one genre I love the most, just characters that speak loudly to me.

All in all, I think that tidily summarizes me as a roleplayer. Thanks for your time.
~DM

Welcome to STC, Demi! I hope you enjoy your time with us here and I look forward to hopefully rp with you in the future.

Thank you, Nemo~
just wondering, did your dad ever find you?

That's a big question, Nox. How're you today? :D

I am good, thanks you? Just kidding, what kind of music is relevant for you?

@Nemo lmao what is Marvin doing...but seriously, thank you for rolling with it xD

@Nox Tired and hungry :D Uhm, right now I'm listening to Guillotine by Jon Bellion until I hate it but I enjoy I wide variety of things. What about yourself?

Never heard of him or them. I like
Arctic Monkeys
Twenty one piltos
Tame Impala
Declan Mckenna

Anyone of them?

I like most of them though Twenty-One Pilots is the only one I seek out. I definitely encourage you to check it out because it falls into the same vein/genre of music

Back