Is it strange that I become friends with people that I roleplay with?

Most people self-project onto their characters, or their personality is evident through their writing style! I also tend to interact with the people I roleplay with outside the roleplay we have, messaging them funny things I thought while writing them my reply or responding with my true feelings regarding something their character said. Some of my best friendships have been strengthened through roleplay, actually!

It's not that strange, because our characters usually have features of ourselves, so thats probably why you connect with your fellow roleplayer...

Honestly, I'd be surprised if I didn't. Making bonds with fellow writers is always fun, and it makes the roleplay experience much more enjoyable if you ask me!

Noo not at all. In fact, being strange is perfectly fine. And it must feel great getting to know them over the RP. It shows the RP is really going somewhere and that's a good thing.

It’s not that strange, I make friends within role-plays all the time. One of them I’ve been RPing with even after the initial RP went down.

one of them is here right now!

hi @Crow

Quite the phenomenon, isn't it? It's something you'd expect when something kicks off quite well and 2 RPers bond together for a long, long time. I, myself, experienced this in the most unexpected of ways.

@Crow wassup man

I have been rping sorry roleplaying for a very very long time honestly. When it comes to roleplaying i like to become friends with anyone i rp with. Otherwise theres no point in it. I had one good friend but we had a big falling out a while back. I still have one great friend i roleplay with. Someone i consider a best friend and like a brother. If anything i am far closer to him then almost anyone i meet in real life because its nice to have someone you can open up with and be yourself not having to worry about upsetting someone's feelings. I am very thankful for roleplaying and the friends i have made through it

I find that good communication is important for a roleplay to work well, particularly in one on one and going from being friendly to forming a bond is definitely something I hope for along the way.

I have RP friends that I made years back and we still occasionally catch up. :emoji_grin:

I’ve been added to an RP Discord recently which is great fun. I think it’s nice to chat with who’s behind the characters. My favourite part is making up dares (which the characters have to try and do in the RP somewhere). It adds a whole new element of fun, but can be tricky too.:emoji_sweat_smile:

I think when you make friends with the people that you rp with, it only adds on to the experience in either that rp or more to come after. Being a person who usually does make friends through roleplaying platforms/ roleplay in general, it's hard to imagine being here without em!

I don't think so in the slightest, I almost always become friends with the people I roleplay with, I find it enjoyable ^w^ It may also be the reason i find it impossible to make friends irl, but where's the fun in that?

Back