Is it Worth a Soul?

Amaimon smiled. "Well, a guy like me can't really get by with doing that. It's kind of my job to make deals and such.."

Last edited:
"Sounds like a really annoying job and kind of repetitive," Tinker said off-handedly as she started back down the stairs. "Make a deal, take the soul, make a new deal, take the soul... At least with something like renovation, you get to see every change you make and enjoy the awesomeness of something you created with your own two hands, even if it is temporary."

Amaimon tilts his head. "Now that you say it, it is kinda boring.." He follows her. "I've tried to quit, but no matter how much I try to reach freedom, the darkness always drags me back. Its like you're chained to it."

Tinker jumped the last couple of steps and headed for the kitchen. "I don't have a lot of chains when it comes to people, but when I need to use chains, I either make them longer, break them, or make adjustments for the size." She paused in the kitchen - which was still mostly covered in plastic. "Do you eat?"

"Supposedly you're a demon, so as far as I know, you eat the souls you deal for, or maybe you eat only the purest of silvers. I've never read up on demons." She grabbed a stool and used it to reach the highest cupboards. "How do you feel about canned soup? I haven't had time for much shopping."

Amaimon laughs. "We don't eat souls or silver, we eat food like you humans do, whoever you heard that from is crazy." When Tinker asks Amaimon about the soup, Amaimon shakes his head. "No, no, no, we deserve better, let me make something for you." He looks at her, smiling.

Amaimon looked at her. "Nothing from you, I can do it myself, thanks."

After about a half hour, something starts to smell good in the kitchen.

Tinker had left to go clean up and review her renovation plans. The smell drew her back, and she walked into the kitchen, sniffing. "Something smells good in here! What are you making?"

"Informative," Tinker said dryly. She cleared off two places across from each other at the rickety table and sat down to wait.

After about 5 minutes, Amaimon comes out of the kitchen with two plates, both filled with delicious-looking food. He sets them both down in their respective places. "There you go." It smells amazing.

Amaimon shrugged. "Don't know what it's called yet, just made it. I figured I'd try something new. Also, it might be a little spicy."

"Okay, I suppose that's an interesting way to make food," Tinker said slowly. She took a tentative bite of the stuff and chewed. "Not bad. Little spicy. Interesting flavor combination."

Amaimon looked up from his food. "Yeah? I guess I went a little easy on the spice with yours.."

Back