New User Is This Thing Working?

DireRaven

At what point do we get good at introducing ourselves like this? I'm genuinely curious, because after 8 years of doing it I should be so good at it. Instead here I am, committing prose about how I should be better at it.

So instead of doing that, I'm just going to say hello! You can all call me DireRaven, or any nickname that comes from that. I've been roleplaying for longer than I'd care to acknowledge at this point, and writing even longer. I started out way back when with chat rooms and, if you can believe it, Facebook pages. Now I'm onto bigger and better things (like coming here!) and like to think that I'm halfway decent at it by now. Whether or not I am doesn't matter much, since I'm just out to have fun anyway! Other than that, I do still write a fair amount and I'm working on building my own world for a TTRPG.

When I'm not writing...I'm usually working or playing games. It's boring, I know. Life was being as life is recently and it kept me from being able to indulge myself in roleplay in a more 'serious' form like this. In the meantime, I've spent plenty of time on the more notorious sites for play whose contents we don't talk about when minors are present. I'm looking to distance myself from those sites again, and return to where some of my roots lie. Good old-fashioned story. Since I don't want to keep ambling on, I'll just say hello again and that I am eager to get to know you all and write some stories.

Heyo, wanderer. Welcome home.

...That sounds cheesier than I expected. And I love it.

That aside, this is a well-written introduction, and it makes me eager to roleplay with you in the future. To facilitate that, make sure you look at the Account Approval Guide so that you can expedite your way into the RP sections.

We do have plenty of freeform roleplay, which you seem to be looking for, but we are also trying to get a tabletop section off the ground. As it seems you're interested in tabletopping, as well, perhaps you'll look into that.

There's nothing wrong with cheese from time-to-time.

I probably picked the worst time to introduce myself because I need to go to bed, but I am nothing if not a master of inconveniencing myself slightly. Who knows, I'll probably even see the next reply and continue it.

I'm not specifically looking for freeform or otherwise at the moment, just whatever strikes my fancy that lets me shoehorn characters into where they only sorta belong! As for tabletop stuff, we'll have to see. Running two games that are interconnected leaves me little time to throw dice elsewhere.

Welcome! If you haven't already go read the Rules It might also help if you read the Approval guide. Reading the Approval guide will help get your account approved. Getting your account approved means you can access the roleplay forums, game forums, can pm, message on profiles, and many other things. Very very very very nice to meet you. Hope I can get to know you and maybe roleplay with you. Hope you enjoy the site (it's really cool).

I've been lurking around the site for a bit to see what I thought of it, and so far I'm quite excited with what I've seen! It's nice to meet all of you and I really appreciate the warm welcome. ^^

It's nice to meet you as well! I'm excited to get the ball rolling.

Understandable and same! Once we both get approved, I'm looking forward to talking and interacting with you! Get the ball rolling as you've said. Is there any sort of grene/topic you like to write?

My general genre is fantasy, but I have a character that's flexible enough to fit in most anything. I've also already got my eye on a couple of the epic forums, so it seems like I'll be busy once I get approved!

My general genre is fantasy, but I have a character that's flexible enough to fit in most anything. I've also already got my eye on a couple of the epic forums, so it seems like I'll be busy once I get approved!

Make sense! Fantasy is one of my favorite genres as well! I too have some characters that are pretty flexible that I can toss into just about anything easily. I got my eye on @Sunshine and Whiskey's Avatar rp that I'm looking to join once I get approved finally.

Come to think of it, all of my current characters have been in just about every setting except sci-fi at this point... Huh. Anyway, if I knew anything about/were interested in Avatar I might also have my eyes on it. Unfortunately, it's a show that just never grabbed me.

Come to think of it, all of my current characters have been in just about every setting except sci-fi at this point... Huh. Anyway, if I knew anything about/were interested in Avatar I might also have my eyes on it. Unfortunately, it's a show that just never grabbed me.

That's understandable. It's not for everyone. Sci-fi is fun! I have a couple of ideas for that in mind to try out when I'm able to do.

The things I dislike just aren't popular, so it's rarely an issue. One of the few categories where that's true.

Back