Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Isirian Space

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Dashmiel

Not So Long Ago, In A Galaxy Far Far Away

Somewhere in the oldest reaches of space, there lived and thrived an ancient civilization. It was a most peculiar and singular group of people, long since dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge. All of the knowledge of the universe. Presently, there was a flurry of activity all over one of the myriad of systems populated by these peoples. Graceful and colossal space-bound creatures glided through the silent backdrop of space, numbering in the hundreds of millions. With perfect precision and care, gargantuan slabs of machinery were positioned this way and that way, slowly forming into a monolithic scaffold-like mega-structure dwarfing the lone planetoid slowly rotating in the background.

And yet despite the grand undertaking taking place, it would be evident to a metaphorical omniscient observer that the whole affair had a well-practiced and even humdrum feel to it. If said an observer were to glimpse into the core of those great silent creatures and see the staunch workers within, they might even be taken a bit aback at the fact that the single most commanding expression was not one of proud achievement, but rather that slightly listless look you get out of people who are comfortably settled into their routines.

But then, all such an observer would have to do to explain such a pedestrian approach to a marvel of planetary scale engineering would be to figuratively look up and about.
Absolutely overshadowing the wonder currently under construction were a dozen acts of impossibly massive triumphs over the natural order of things.

Arranged in a sprawling and decidedly unnatural pattern around the one planetoid system were twelve massive “O-type” blue super-giant stars, curiously encapsulated in mind-mindbogglingly super-massive shifting bands of some artificial and decidedly active construct with a very clear purpose: The absolute manipulation of the energy output of these giants. From the effect their arrangement has on the local gravitational force, to the way their luminosity is focused and a hundred thousand other carefully interdependent parameters, it is obvious that the goal of this massive energy gathering apparatus centers around one single point: the now complete-and minuscule by comparison-scaffold in the center of it all.

Answering to some unseen call, all of the space-gliding creatures suddenly vanished in a spectacular display of free photons being shaken loose as the fabric of space-time was warped in hundreds of millions of places by as many wormholes, leaving behind them a tranquil scene of industrious labor finished, stellar workers clocking out at the end of yet another mundane shift.

___

Meanwhile, deep within the Starhawk Grael'Quenoxis…

“Just one little connection more…” came the disembodied husky voice from beneath a tangled mess of machine parts and cables. “Are you certain this system is really necessary for the carrying out of my primary function?” asked a second disembodied voice from nowhere in particular. “Of course it’s necessary. You have to be ~perfect~, an absolute 1:1 reproduction and well, that takes...production” replied the first voice. “I just really don’t think…” protested the second voice before being abruptly cutoff “Energizing!” “I…oh my” exclaimed the second voice before the door to the manufacturing laboratory of Frey’nja Vatremaus was opened to admit an imposingly tall figure.

“Frey, why are ignoring my hails? Wait…why is Xilunexus’ shell naked!? Why are YOU naked!?” exclaimed the bemused new arrival.

With some effort and many a comic jerky pull, Frey managed to extricate herself from the tangled mess of her workstation, and beheld the new arrival, Diarneus Bevernixan, resident Xeno-biology expert and techno-mage.

“Hey! Unlike you and your endless meditation and time spent poring boring texts and annals, I have to actually get physical with it to work, and clothes just get in the way” protested Frey as she made her away across her work-space to meet Diarneus. “Besides, you don’t complain like that when I do manage to get you out of your lab. I was just putting the final touches to Xilu’s new shell, now, whaddya you want?”

“Yes. Well. Uh, Grael’Quenoxis has been met and docked by the Khav’Nen twins and the rest of the tsrin’nen, and is prepared for the jump into the staging area in an hour. And, um, listen would you mind garbing yourself please?” asked an increasingly flummoxed Diarneus.

“Oh fine, you big prude” replied Frey before mockingly and theatrically waving her hands about in a mimicry of the jazz hands as she mentally interfaced her Va’nyr link with the room’s materializer module. A second later, pure energy was casually converted into matter and projected around her form in the form of the slightly garish and provocative design of skin tight vac suit designed and favored by her. “Better?”

“Much. Now, Gherin sent me here after you ignored his hails too, to check in on the progress of Xilunexus’ physical shell. Is it complete?” queried Diarneus.

“I dunno, ask her” Replied Frey with a satisfied grin at Diarneus’ expression upon turning to see yet another naked figure moving towards him. “Greetings, Master Bevernixian. I can confirm full operational status of this artifice. It is a pleasure to greet you among the physical. Shall we engage in the ‘Dranis’Tekkar’ now?” asked the slowly advancing android before continuing “Frey informs me it is customary to do as much to one’s new acquaintances, and I suppose that meeting old friends in person for the first time counts as such” Delivered the very naked android whilst embracing the stunned man.

“W-what, no, Xilu. No. Whatever Frey taught you of physical interaction is not a good baseline to go by. And there’s no time for that at the moment, at any rate.” replied a startled Diarneus before regaining his composure and continuing. “Gherin asked me to come find you, it seems whatever final touches Frey was doing kept you busy too, because your personality interface wasn't responding to his hails either.”

“Oh. Yes, my apologies. The syncing with this shell and the finalization of my system was…distracting, and I could not focus for a time. I see Gherin awaits within the Seed chamber. I do believe I’ll take a stroll and meet him in…person” said the AI with the traces of her first physical smile upon her face as she went through the same process Frey had gone before to garb herself before exiting Frey’s workshop.

“So, ‘Di…we've got about an hour before we need to get to work, how about a little ‘Kar?” exclaimed a mischievous Frey. “You’re incorrigible” replied Diarneus before closing the workshop door.

Azixa would never admit that she was nervous about this trip, though she certainly was. To those who could read her mannerisms well, however, they would see that she was certainly excited. A very tiny smile was present on her lips a good percent of the time as they became ready to head out. Her only quarrel, which barely bothered her anyway, was the constant connection to the Va'nyr to send information over the other members of the crew. She made sure to keep up as well as she could. Any missed time could mean a world of trouble. Or rather, several worlds of trouble. To get there as quickly as possible was her goal, or rather, her hope. There was a giddiness associated with the thought of inspecting the alien galaxy they had targeted.

To delve into their worlds and their notions of time- different and interesting ways they explored it, kept it, viewed it. What more could she have asked for?

Only to get there faster!

She made her way to the bridge, moving at a swift, but controlled pace. If she were there, the connections to the Va'nyr would not need to be so prevalent.

___

Grael'Quenoxis, Chamber of the Va'nyrian Seed

Especially constructed to sit just below the power core of the great Starhawk, the Seed chamber was the single deepest and most secure area aboard Grael'Quenoxis. Separated from every other compartment by a two sided membrane containing the highly energized plasma-medium that every Starhawk uses for temporary energy conversion, it has but a single entrance. As Nilin Gvyhe'arne walked down the long hallway leading into the chamber, she couldn't help but feel that this was the most obnoxiously long walk of her very long life.

“I am going to kill him. Forget the pact. Forget that he’s already dead. I will re-activate him myself just so I can kill him again” muttered the ceremonially robed woman as she was met by Xilunexus.

“Did you know about this hare-brained plan those two cooked up?” queried Nilin, abruptly cutting the android’s greeting before it began. “No Mistress Nilin. I was not aware the contents of the Seed had been altered after our departure from Va’nyria. I was only aware of the usual complement and of the addition of the Starbreath.” Replied the android as the pair made it before the doors to the Seed chamber. As the security measures scanned their bodies atom by atom to ascertain their identities, Nilin continued her interrogation. “You’re telling me Gherin did this behind YOUR back!? I swear I will kill them both.”

“Please Mistress, I’m sure they've got a suitable rationale. You really wouldn—“ “Of course I’m not literally going to kill them, Xilu. Though I may accidentally set that bastard into an inactive state for this. The gall of it” Replied the angry woman as the doors into the Seed chamber opened.

A large circular room, the Seed chamber was dominated by four monolithic upright machinery rectangles nearly twenty feet in height, forming a rough square where they met in the center of the room. From where they rose through the crystalline floor they could be seen to extend for hundreds of feet more below. At the center of the chamber was a single cylindrical console, displaying no tactile means of interface. Before it, upon an ornate and clearly long used hover chair sat an old man in animated discussion with visibly no one.

The entire chamber was permanently kept at frigid temperatures and limited moisture exposure. As Nilin crossed its threshold she had to suppress a shiver that had nothing to do with the cold atmosphere as the doors behind her shut with a gentle hiss.

“Yes, yes. I understand the chances are slim, but it’s a risk we must take regardless. Ah, here they are. Nilin, Xilunexus, thanks for joining me. We have much to discuss.” Proclaimed Gherin Va'tremaeus in earnest, absolutely oblivious to the brewing storm he was about to face. “Xilunexus, bring him here. Now” growled an annoyed Nilin as she summoned another chair from the corner of the room with a wave of her hand. “At once, Mistress Nilin” replied the android as she took a stand by the center console and seemingly went inactive for a few seconds, which Nilin decided to spend giving Gherin a very pointed look which the old man craftily saw to avoid.

“Warning: Seeded Personality loaded into manifest drive: Alaxel Gyveraian” proclaimed the disembodied voice of Xilunexus as the air above the center console began to shimmer and crackle, ending in a floating holographic representation of a sheepishly grinning Va’nyrian man. “H-Hey Nilin. You’re, uh, looking good. I…didn't expect to actually see you so soon, we could have had this talk in our heads, y’know…”

“What, and rob you the chance to see how angry I am? How could you!? Loading the Father of Desolation into the Quorum Seed? Are you insane!? That one was never to leave the archives, by your own decree I might add, sealed into consensus by all three of us. What is the meaning of is?” exclaimed a near trembling Nilin who was becoming increasingly furious at the lack of reaction from her two peers.

“Uh..Gherin didn’t tell you, huh? Listen, Ni. We might need him. Well, not him of course, that would be a horrible idea. But his memories. His knowledge. Where we’re going…I think it’s it. And he’s the only one who’s ever seen them, y’know.” Asked the projection.

“What? You mean…” whispered an incredulous Nilin.

“Yes. The Elo’Rantus. That might have been their home galaxy. Or will be their home galaxy. I’m not too sure on the temporal dynamics of it. But yes.” Chimed in the old man. “But why did you not tell me before!” exclaimed Nilin. “Well we feared you would have this same reaction…anyways, that’s not important right now. We have much to discuss, and talking will take forever. We must achieve consensus quickly” said the projection gravely. “Very well. Let us become one. Consensus.” Replied The StarSpeaker before the trio closed their eyes and began to discuss in earnest through their links.

___

EQ Staging System

The tranquil scene over the Va’nyrian Exploratory Quorum Staging System was suddenly ruptured by the arrival of the Elo’Nen. The local spacetime once again became a churning maelstrom of reality as hundreds of thousands gigantic wormholes began to open into the system. From each one came a single Elo’Nen class Starhawk, the largest of their kind. They glided, jumped, and generally cavorted as much as giant space creatures can be said to cavort in celebration. It was time for another of their kind to expand into the cosmos in search of knowledge.

At the extreme edge of the system, roughly 25 AUs from the nexus of the stellar energizing apparatus the largest of all the wormholes opened to admit two Elo’Nen. One was Grael'Quenoxis, the chosen to ferry the 76th Va’nyrian Exploratory Quorum into a far flung unknown galaxy, and the other the All-Mother, greatest and oldest of the Tsrea’Nen, here to see another of her children off.

For nearly an hour the assembly of the Elo’Nen discussed and made merry, but their affairs are not for terrestrials to understand.

With a short jump, Grael'Quenoxis took its position within the stellar charger, immediately feeling the rush of power just waiting to be admitted into itself. Underneath each of its “wings” rested one of the Khav’Nen, and within its varied holds, the massive 160KM long Starhawk could feel the anticipation of its 200 young Tsrin’Nen at the prospect of the journey into the unknown.

It wouldn’t admit it to its charges, but it too was excited to participate in its first Exploratory Quorum.

The Elo’Nen proceeded to contact the Supreme Star Speaker for the expedition, Nilin Gvyhe'arne, to request permission to begin the final departure preparations.

»Query/ StarSpeaker /Docking Authorized?” «
» “Yes. You may begin the process.” «
» “Overjoyed/Tsrea'Nen/Unision/Energizing” «

___

Aboard Grael'Quenoxis; Arboretum

Within the Starhawk, it’s complement of Va’nyrian crew members had all temporarily paused in their duties, and assembled in the Va'nyrian flora-filled arboretum within the massive depths of the starhawk that would be their home for the foreseeable future. There was no ranking system order, no stage or dais, podium or platform.

The crew simply stood in one massive loose crowd composed of tens of thousands of Va'nyrians, and before them, set apart from them stood Nilin. The excitement of the gathered crew was literally palpable to Nilin as she joined her brethern within the communal Va'nyrian band, her consciousness fully merging with her peers down to the deepest of roots of identity. Tranquil silence reigned supreme amongst the gathered Va'nyrians, as they discarded the need for physical interaction and all became one.

» I, Nilineani Tvre'Rexlan Gvyhe'arne, known to some as 'All Mother', 1st Scion of Lov'Nerivana Gvyhe'arne and First Terani-Schal of the Evraïnin'Teran, reach out to you today, brothers and sisters, to call for consensus. «

»We bear witness to your request, sister, and accept your request to unite in the name of consensus. What is your query, All Mother?«

»Will you accept me as your Supreme Starspeaker, and place your lives within my hands?«

A gentle and warm artificial breeze blew through the Arboretum, ruffling the leaves of the fantastically alien trees as Nilin looked at the assembled crowd, her features perfectly, neutrally placid. There was no other sound but that that the breeze made as it flittered through the leaves and set them to whispering.

»We have reached consensus regarding your request and find it to be the best course of action. We accept you as our Supreme Starspeaker, All Mother. «

With a nearly imperceptible lifting of the corners of her mouth, Nilin cried out "Then go and get back to work, Quorum 76, we have a mission to complete!" The combined cheering of the multitudes assaulted her as the organized mass scrambling took place.

___

Aboard Grael'Quenoxis' Operational Nexus aka The Bridge,
Va'nyrian Home Galaxy, Exploratory Quorum Staging System
Stellar Charger

"Grael'Quenoxis reports itself as fully energized and ready to begin the transference manuever, Mistress." called out a projected holographic display of Xilunexus to Nilin from within the bridge of the massive starhawk. All about the bridge were dozens of Va'nyrians, all neatly nestled within their respective duty stations. Nilin herself sat at the rear of the bridge, upon a complex and deeply recessed cocoon like chair, a wide console filled with symbols in the main branch of the Va'nyrian language encircled her station, whilst dozens of holographic displays surrounded the air around her.

"System status" queried Nilin as she effortlessly collated all of the information assaulting her attention from quite literally millions of sources within the Quorum flotilla within Grael'Quenoxis.

"All systems nominal. All departments report ready status. All energy nodes throughout the Quorum read as full. Grael'Quenoxis' overflow nodes stand ready for transference backlash, and the Beacon is primed and ready." replied Xilunexus.

»Grael'Quenoxis, you are cleared to proceed.«

»Understanding/Profound Attentiveness/Tsrea'Nen in Tow/Discharging«

Suddenly, in an explosion of exotic particles, the massive scaffold at the center of the stellar charger exploded and the fabric of space and time was torn asunder as the Elo'nen spread itself in a distortion field, existing within a pocket universe outside of reality, where the tenets of Quantum Mechanics held even greater weight and the rules of reality were distorted. It then expanded this field beyond itself, fanning out before it, to pierce a great swath of the cosmos and forge a direct path by making two points in space suddenly exist as one single point from it's frame of reference. It opened a wormhole spanning 14 billion Ly, and in a single moment surged forward. A journey of 14 billion light years performed in a literal instant.

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Dashmiel

The Aurora Nebula,
Uranos System

Suddenly within the tranquility of the more rarely traversed zones within space in the Uranos system, a massive rend in reality occurred, and the massive 160 KM long, 60 KM wide, 80KM in diameter psuedo-winged shape of the Starhawk Grael'Quenoxis suddenly appeared within 5 AU of the nearest populated structure within the Uranos system.

Grael'Quenoxis felt it's Transference Backlash Storage energy nodes strain as the energy threshold within them surged from the accumulated vacuum energy siphoned by it's journey. Within it, it volatively carried enough accumulated energy to rival the entire energy output of several advanced civilizations grouped together. From amidst an explosion of escaping photons, the giant city ship burst forth into the milky way galaxy.

»Activate the Beacon.« ordered Nilin to Graelquenoxis via the Va'nyr Link.

With a sudden ferocity, the Starhawk consumed the entirety of the energy stored within it's TBS nodes, and re-purposed it to send out an omni-directional, moderate intensity distortion field, radiating outwards from it in the form of mild gravitational waves that rolled outwards in the galaxy and covered it completely for a moment. To any range of scanner from virtually any space-faring civilization it would have felt like suddenly a new galaxy had appeared within their own and out shining it for the space of a few seconds, rippling outwards and clearly radiating from the Uranos System.

as written by Tiko

A silenced swept through the Uranos system and the galaxy beyond as it followed in the wake of the pulse, causing every man, woman, and child aboard a ship, military base, and watchtower to simply ceased all action.

Even planet side, the disruption was felt all across Isiria, and outward to the far systems of the Milky Way. Police scanners and local devices crackled and whirred from the disruption as they picked up on the distortion field emitted by the arrival of the Starhawk. Airplanes, jets, and submarines where momentary blinded as their scanners were overwhelmed by the pulse. Few overlooked what had transpired, but fewer still knew what it meant.

The seconds of silence seemed to linger for an eternity before everything erupted into chaos.

Communication lines where flooded, as the whole of the Isirian government and military scrambled for answers.

The Starhawk had stirred up a hornets nest as the Uranos watchtower began to deploy ships in response to the perceived threat.

___

The proverbial hornets nest came alive as military ships began to blink into range of the Starhawk one after the other. A few at first, then a dozen, and so on.

It would take time for the Watchtower to mobilize a full attack, but the Isirian ships where under order to engage the target until reinforcements arrived.

Among the arriving ships was a destroyer, the Nova Wolf, who had been among the Isirian ships who had engaged with an unknown and technologically superior alien faction only days prior, and not a one of them could deny the daunting fear that grew within the pit of their stomach at what they faced now. They where a hardy lot though, and where others might have broke they bit down on that fear with grizzled determination.

Commander Renaud was growling orders through the CIC.

"All weapons free!"

"Weapons free, sir."

"Prepare to engage!"

Other ships had moved to the forefront and where fanning out to disperse swarms of fighters and bombers from their hangar bays as they began to setup a defensive line to intercept the anticipated retaliation of ships while their heavier vessels unleashed a barrage of railcannons and missile batteries into the Starhawk.

as written by Dashmiel

"Warning: Incoming hostile action detected. Multiple attacking crafts in range, including one not showing on most of my passive scanners which I was just barely able to detect as the pulse of the Beacon blanketed over it. I am also detecting what appears to be a large defensive structure of some kind outside of the immediate zone of conflict, Mistress Nilin. I am unable to determine more without active scanners" warned the calm and composed voice of Xilunexus as her systems began to effortlessly track the weapons unleashed upon the massive starhawk.

»I guess that answers what kind of folks these are.« came Gherin's thoughts to all present over the Va'nyr link, accompanied by his peculiar grandfatherly laugh.

"It certainly does, but it is no less than expected. Xilunexus, do not engage active measures. I do not want to reveal more of our capabilities than necessary, the Beacon was a necessity, anything else is still up for consensus " replied Nilin vocally, utilizing most of her thought processes to directly issue orders to all members of the expedition while taking in all of the various input from her people.

»Xilunexus, passively scan every single action any sapient beings you can detect perform. I want to know everything about them.

Diarneus, work with Xilunexus to gleam whatever communications you can, and begin to decode their language. I suspect we'll need to know how to communicate once they get tired of shooting at us.

Frey, analyze the composition of their technology, I want to know what level of advancement they portray, and more importantly what level we'll be portraying ourselves in return.

Azixa, I want you scanning the area for things that might further your research.

Gherin...you know what to do.

Grael'Quenoxis, I am sorry, but you will not be taking any action. The damage should only be superficial, but I don't want us to display just how much lesser it could have been. You're only to use internal defenses to keep the Tsrin'nen safe.«
relayed Nilin through the Va'nyr link simultaneously to the bridge crew, while at the same time relaying similar orders to dozens of other expedition members.

»Understanding/Stalwart Resolution/Tsrin'nen safety ensured«

»Warning. 3 Seconds to impact. All personnel confirmed clear of projected damage range. Estimated injuries: 0. Estimated downtime for repairs: 0 seconds. Damage has commenced.« came Xilunexus' feeling of calm and detached reporting as the ship began to rock slightly beneath the onslaught. All of it's crew knew what they needed to do.

Anyone actually observing the situation would have noticed that only the surface of the starhawk's hull seemed be taking any damage, and that there was nothing resembling a weapon being powered up or fired.

as written by barney_fife

AHSC Reverence II "Hymn of Purgation"
Gaelian System

The Hymn of Purgation, and it's sister ship, the Epitaph of the Martyr were fairly new lines of Reverences, and one of the last of their kind as the Reverence Platform was undergoing consideration for decommissioning.

Gina Inviere had just arrived to transfer her flag aboard this particular vessel, opting for the Familiarity of the Reverence Platform, over the austere environ of the Icon platform. The soft and curved lines of the Reverence's Interior contrasted fairly sharply against the angular, jagged lines of the Icon. Though there were great disparities in firepower between the two classes, the Reverence would once again prove itself to be the workhorse of the Aschen Empire.

Inviere found herself quietly reading a book while chaos was unfolding in a distant system. She was fairly at peace, eyes glancing over printed Anquietas text.

However, that peace would find itself short lived as the crystalline alarm began to chime. The call to Action Stations immediately followed. Inviere quickly dropped her book, and made a beeline towards the CIC.

----

"Sitrep." Inviere said as she entered the CIC.

"Distress signal from the Watchtower in the Uranos system." A Lieutenant reported, a report that was confirmed by the shipboard AI. "Seems to correspond with the energy spike we detected earlier." The Lieutenant added, and Inviere nodded. "Signal the fleet and prepare to jump, All hands prepare to engage." She said, her hands splaying across the console.

The AI Nodded it's acknowledgement, and the pair of Reverence IIs prepared their jump. Alarms blared and crews checked their weapons as the Reverences, and their supporting fleet positioned itself for an outbound jump.

"Jump." Inviere ordered.

----

The Uranos System
150,000km Off the Alien Ship's Starboard side.

As the events in Uranos went underway, and the Watchtower had signaled it's fleet, the Calvary would find itself quickly arriving, several minutes after the initial engagement, the pair of Reverence IIs, 28km from bow to stern, along with several dozen Reverence Is, and an assortment of other Imperial Aschen Ships.

The AI considered all tactical priorities, while Inviere watched a three-dimensional hologram of the unfolding battle.

"That's a big sucker..." Inviere said under her breath. "And the bigger they are.." She added, turning to the AI.

"Bring us about, all ships defensive formation Omega." She ordered, manipulating the hologram.

"Athena Cruisers Leonidas and Sparta, line up on the alien vessel, Neutron payload, full staggered salvo." Inviere ordered, causing the pair of Aschen Athena class missile cruisers to break off from the main engagement, preparing special Neutron warheads for deployment, weapons designed to kill a ship's crew, and weapons that were capable of dealing catastrophic damage to organic vessels.

"Epitaph, bring yourselves about and prepare your singularity cannon, fire on my command." Inviere added, prompting a response from the Epitaph of the Martyr's commander.

"Acknowledged Actual, weapons ready in one millicenton."

Inviere manipulated another hologram, and turned to her XO. "Tell Commander Fariah to prepare the Stygies, we're going to try out her big guns."

The XO nodded, and transmitted the message.

In space, the Aschen Fleet moved out into a wide bow formation, this would allow maximum weapons dispersal on a single target. As the pair of Reverences took up their support role, the Legatus Stygies emerged from the gaping hangar bays of the Hymn of Purgation, turning on it's axis to bring all 8 Super cannons to bear on the Alien ship, superconducting magnetic coils designed to propel a ferric-tungsten slug at 120,000km/s. A kinetic weapon of unimaginable power, with three cannons per battery, and eight batteries on the Legatus Stygies, an overwhelming salvo was being prepared.

"AI, Can you get an ID on that ship? They Avaeon? What?" Inviere asked, turning to the hologram of the ship's AI.

"Unidentified configuration, IFF negative, no valid codes, no matches of any known hostile Xeno vessels. I have alerted the Ordo Xenos in addition to the Ministry of Defense, should this escalate, reinforcements are unconfirmed."

Inviere frowned, while the Aschen contingent of Apollo fighters, Century Bombers, Aurora Bombers, and a myriad of other strike craft moved forward.

"Once we're in range, initiate turbodisruptor fire, staggered volleys." Inviere ordered, while the AI nodded.

The Aschen Fleet would be within weapons range in minutes, and ready to unleash hell.

"Chairman, Leonidas Actual, missiles are locked and ready to fire." The Athena Missile Carrier Leonidas hailed.

"Tactical Observation, Chairman." The AI said. "Alien vessel has not returned fire, however, they do not seem to be responding to our automated hails."

As the Aschen fleet closed in, an automatic hostile challenge was being broadcast to the alien vessel in three languages.

"Attention Unidentified Xenos vessel, you are ordered to identify yourself or you will be destroyed."

The hail repeated every ten seconds.

as written by Dashmiel

"That...is a certainly overzealous amount of weaponry being prepared" chimed Xilunexus as she analyzed a myriad energy signatures and created tactical patterns as the situation shifted from moment to moment.

"Tell me about it. You could crack a planet with a fraction of the energy cost, it's downright Hjulia'n Vjosian of them" added Frey as she collated all the pertinent data she was receiving and adding it to their historical databases, invoking the name of a stand-in civilization commonly used in Va'nyrian morality tales.

"One would wonder what hostilities these people must face to react so unwelcomingly to strangers," said Azixa, a slight smirk on her face. "Perhaps they are subject to unfair and cruel treatment on a normal basis," she commented lightly as she went over the mounds of information pouring into her mind, processing it at fluid speeds. Though not the prodigy that Frey was, Azixa had managed to get herself on to this expedition for a reason.

"Frey'nja Va'tremaeus, our duty is to collect knowledge, categorize it, and remember it. It is not to pass judgement on how other races have chosen to develop their responses to their environment. Do not make me regret not siding with your mother when she said you were too young to sign on with this expedition!" admonished Gherin absentmindedly, the bulk of his consciousness tied up with another's and not presently in the moment.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry Gramps. It's just...our job in this galaxy is not going to be easy, is it?" queried Frey, prompting smiles around the bridge at her naivete.

"It certainly will not be optimal, that is for sure" called out Nilin as she assessed the situation and made her call.

»Grael'Quenoxis, prepare for full evasive maneuvers and possible transference outside of this super-sector«

»Understanding/Preparedness confirmed/Danu'Vrenten«

"Diarneus, what's the status of your deciphering how they communicate?" queried Nilin as she simultaneous relayed her commands to the starhawk and continued on a private conversation with it.

"I've just finished uploading my first analysis to the Seed, Starspeaker. They might seem curmudgeonly, but I can't fault them in their diligence to being understood as such. The sample size is a bit small for proper fluency, but with the addition of a mathematical concept guide encoded with a repeating message in three languages I've managed to decipher how to speak what seems to be the most prominent of them judging by what Xilunexus is picking up on residuals with 83% certainty" replied Diarneus as he finished his work with Xilunexus and began to work with Frey and Azixa to reprogram their communication suite to be capable of broadcasting in a way that could be understood by the others in the area.

»Nice work on that solution to the compression issue, Azixa« communicated Frey via the Va'nyr link to Azixa privately, along with her usual equivalent of a mental lascivious flirting comment.

»You know I always do my best« replied Azixa with a beam, sliding Frey a too-proud smirk. Always eager to please during work. And only during work. »However, the compliment is unexpected. I suspect there may be another reason for the mention?«

»Oh no reason.« replied Frey in kind while mentally waggling her eyebrows.

"If you two are done, I can quit feeling awkward, I don't even need to tap into the Seed to know what you're doing, Frey" blurted out Diarneus as he put forth the final finishing touches into his programming of their understanding of the alien languages for everyone to access. "Decoding complete Starspeaker, you're clear to initiate contact."

"Thank you Diarneus. Also, thank you Azixa. Frey'nja, please refrain from sexual innuendo while we're in the middle of being actively targeted by class 3 superweapons" added Nilin before tapping into Grael'Quenoxis' communication suite to prepare to address their attackers after having downloaded Diarneus' notes.

The entire exchange on the bridge of the starhawk lasted less than half of a minute, as the Va'nyrians communicated both verbally and mentally among each other at speeds that would have seemed unnaturally fast to an outside observer. As a result, before their attackers had reached whatever magical position they intended to before opening fire, Nilin's message was broadcast into the void clearly mimicking the style of the message they had received; clearly decipherable if a bit simplistic, broadcast in as close to the three languages they were hailed in as they could get and reinforced by their own version of a mathematical cypher outlining who they are and their intentions.

"We unidentified vessel. We are. We are ø¦µßţȣɣ. Consensus. We. We are the Va'nyrian Consensus. We are peace."

as written by Tiko

"Sir, they're not engaging."

"What do you mean they're not engaging?"

"No return fire, no ships deployed."

"Well what are they doing?"

"Nothing as far- wait, we're receiving a message."

'We unidentified vessel. We are. We are ø¦µßţȣɣ. Consensus. We. We are the Va'nyrian Consensus. We are peace.'

"Put me through to the Hymn of Purgation," Commander Renaud instructed.

With the arrival of the Aschen ships, Inviere was now the highest ranking officer on the field.

"Astral Comet to Hymn of Purgatory. The alien vessel has not engaged the Isirian fleet. Requesting new orders."

All through the Isirian ships, similar requests where coming in. Their vessels where in a state of confusion, and the lack of retaliation from the alien ship had tensions on the rise. What was it waiting for? Was the message a ruse?

Inviere was silent as she considered the responses.

"All ships weapons hold, do not fire unless fired upon." She said, holding up her hand as the AI Disseminated the new directives.

The AI had finished cleaning up and deciphering the reply, patching it through the Reverence's communication systems.

'We unidentified vessel. We are. We are ø¦µßţȣɣ. Consensus. We. We are the Va'nyrian Consensus. We are peace.'

At this point in time, the Aschen Vessels had all established a clean firing solution, and were poised to open fire on the Alien Vessel, but they did not fire as Inviere had given a new order.

She pondered her reply, and then turned to the AI. "Send a reply in the language received, I want them to surrender their ships and lower their shields, and prepare to be boarded." She said, turning to her XO.

"I want Marine strike forces on Raptors in one Millicenton... prepare my personal shuttle." Inviere ordered, as she turned to leave the CIC.

The AI Finally responded to the Va'nyrian vessels in the area.

"Va'nyrian Consensus, you are ordered to lower your shields and prepare to be boarded. Failure to comply will be construed as a hostile action." The female voice was firm, but emotionless.

Inviere made a face before she turned to relay one last command.

"Inform the Central Administration and the Empress. We've made contact with an alien species. I'll need instructions on how to proceed."

The XO nodded. "Will do, Chairman."

as written by Dashmiel

"That certainly is not the sort of response I was hoping for..." mused Nilin out loud as she sat back on her command station and reviewed the received communications.

"It certainly poses some...difficulties for our mission. It would be rather counter-intuitive to allow such clearly a warring people to discover just how little of a threat they pose to us...or how big of a threat they might perceive us to be capable of being..."
»They must not be allowed aboard Grael'Quenoxis. They do not satisfy the criteria to be possible representatives of the Consensus or to be recipients of Va'nyrian aid, never mind being worthy of being Evrain'Tiershin« came the simultaneous reply of Gherin and the seeded Quorum Advisor Alaxel via Gherin's link.

»Agreement/Non Tsrea'nen friend/Respectful desire of non boarding« reinforced Grael'Quenoxis himself when it came to how he felt about the whole thing.

Nilin suppressed a sigh and gave a pointed look at Xilunexus' representation hologram, "I suppose you're with them too, aren't you?"

"I'm afraid so, mistress Nilin. Although I do not envy you the call you must make, in light of the possible outcome" expressed the artificial intelligence mournfully.

»Very well. I suppose I brought this upon myself when I took the honor of the position. My will shall decide for the Consensus« shared Nilin to her peers via the Va'nyr link as she assumed direct control of Grael'Quenoxis' communication suite once again and broadcasted a message on behalf of her people.

As the Va'nyrian brain never stops actively learning by this point in time the Va'nyrians were all markedly better at communicating in the languages they had been hailed in, and Nilin chose to reply in the language they had caught glimpses of the most communications in the system being in.

"I am Nilin Gvyhe'arne, Supreme Starspeaker of this Va'nyrian exploratory expedition. I am regretful but we are unable to comply with the requested actions. We do not consent to be boarded. Any attempt to do so will be construed as a hostile action."

The broadcast was transmitted in as many forms and methods as the Va'nyrians knew a message could be transmitted in, in order to ensure via sheer redundancy that there would be no doubt as to their words. The message was in clear and crisp Anquietan.

After a short pause it continued:

"I propose another course of action. As a gesture of good faith, all non-vital systems on our vessel will be set to a temporary resting mode. I will offer one of our smaller secondary vessels to meet with one of yours, where I will personally meet your chosen envoys, accompanied by two of my advisers. We do not object to active weapons in our presence, but will understandably see any acts of violence against us as a hostile action.

Will we reach consensus?"

"I didn't give you a choice." Inviere remarked cooly, before cutting off communications entirely, slender hands dancing across the holographic interface, typing in keys as she turned to her AI.

"All hands, Action stations... prepare to engage." She called out, and the lights of the ship dimmed to a darker red, while interfaces cropped up and alarms began to klaxxon. Crew men were running too and fro as everyone went to their stations, Inviere was surrounded by a shroud of activity as she thumbed her chin in thought.

"We're going to need some heavyweights out here... AI Radio a priority one distress call to the Fleet of Inner Knowledge and the Third Fleet of Glorious Consequence. We're going to need their Auroras as backup. As much as I hate dealing with McGregors." Inviere remarked.

She then brought up the fleetwide comms to the Isirian and the rest of the Aschen ships.

"This is Fleet Actual, all ships clear the killzone for a Singularity shot. Once reinforcements arrive, you are weapons free. Purge the alien, the Emperor protects." She said, terminating the comms.

"Get a firing solution with our Singularity cannon, Target this ship here, aim for center mass." Inviere ordered, and the AI nodded.

---

The Aschen ships seemed to have either cut communications, or started encrypting their shipboard communications with friendly units, this meant that the Va'nyrian crew would be met with silence when they proposed their alternate course of action. They were also met with encrypted communications which were hashed and funneled through subspace to other ships. It was clear that the refusal had been met as a hostile action.

A Few moments passed, and a single alien ship jumped off the starboard side of the Va'nyrian ships. This Ship was much different than the Aschen and Isirian ships, sporting more of an angular design. It's Neutronium hull glinting in the sunlight as it moved quickly towards the Va'nyrian ships.

Orlin kept his focus strong with the Alteran ship, controlling it's Avionics, and everything cleanly with his mind, he brought the ship to a stop. Of course Inviere was the ranking officer on location, and Orlin was to defer to her.

The Fleet of Inner Knowledge was not far behind. But Orlin would try his hand at diplomacy. His hands went up from the control chair and waved past several holographic displays, the ship had been feeding him information since the exchange had began, and the highly advanced Alteran systems would interface seamlessly to provide a simple radio broadcast.

"We cannot comply with your request." Orlin replied, through a mental channel while he prepared the Tria's systems for combat. "We are currently at war with a deceitful, and powerful race of Aliens known as the Avaeons and we have not ascertained that you have friendly intentions, or that this is not an elaborate ruse designed to compromise our systems, and lower our guard." Orlin explained, having always been the Diplomat of the McGregors.

"As it stands, Va'nyrian Consensus, you are guests of the Aschen Empire, and their authority here is absolute. To not comply is to overstay your welcome here. We have been attacked and deceived by countless alien species, so Inviere is right to demand to secure your vessel. I will provide another alternative with the blessing of the Emperor." Orlin explained.

"You will choose whomever you wish as an envoy to the Empire, and I will beam them aboard my vessel, I have adequate conference rooms here, and it's systems are genetically linked to me, You will bring your envoy here, aboard My vessel, along with any security personnel you deem necessary. I will then send for any Imperial officials you wish to meet with. However, your Capital ships are then to vacate this system immediately, and remain outside of Imperial space until whatever business that brought you here is concluded." Orlin explained.

"Alternatively you can leave, or be destroyed, and your vessels will be registered as Hostile, and your people will be an enemy of the Aschen Empire, hunted down and destroyed." Orlin explained.

"The Choice is yours and yours alone, I pray you make a wise one." He said

as written by Dashmiel

A chorus of exasperated sighs and groans were the only sounds that spread across Grael'Quenoxis' bridge as the assembled crew realized how futile the situation had become. Rather than talk among themselves, the Va'nyrians instead moved to exclusively communicate via the Va'nyr link, as the situation had become too dire for any delays in communication regardless of how quick the pace of their speech was.

»That has to be a new record for the fastest blacklist we've ever and likely ever will be going to hand out« remarked Nilin as she let out a soft sigh and massaged the bridge of her nose, her exact feelings understood by all as they poured into the communal Va'nyr band.

»It's almost sad really. It's almost like looking through a window into the past. Maybe blacklisting is a bit rash, we could always come back in a few hundred million years« replied Gherin absentmindedly as he became lost in thoughts of the troubled Va'nyrian past.

»They ceased all communications Mistress Nilin. I'm detecting extremely short bursts of space distortion around their ships, most likely communications and judging by their tactical maneuvers, it seems that they've entered an active combat state and they're preparing to fire their class 3 weapon. Directly at our core if their course correction continues« reported Xilunexus calmly.

»WHAT? Are they suicidal or just stupid?» exclaimed an agitated Frey'nja as her feelings permeated her fellows before continuing.

»That would break through the safeguards around the Chamber. Did they miss the part where we blanketed their entire galaxy with pseudo-gravity waves in a matter of seconds just to say hello?

Do they even realize the kind of power they're shooting at and what would happen if that power was unleashed out of control? Especially with the resulting reaction that would ensue from them striking the...«

»Calm, Frey. I know it's your first expedition, but you can't expect anyone we encounter to be able to reach conclusions that seem obvious to us, especially about our technological makeup, right after we've just arrived.

Even if they offend your engineering expertise.

That's why it's our duty to make sure we're careful with how our own technology interacts with any we encounter on the expedition.«
interjected Diarneus as he tried to project a feeling of soothing calm to Frey before she got well and truly into a rant.

»I'm afraid I do have to agree with Frey somewhat, that's easily the most reckless course of action that I've seen taken in the face of an unknown variable in my admittedly short life« he added.

»The Grackle-sur collective was worse. Not by much mind you. Ah, fun times...remember when Gherin lost his pants after we revived him from that vivisection, Nilin?« came the faint response from the seeded personality of Alaxel, coupled with an even fainter and slightly disjointed emotional facsimile of mirth.

»Shut up, idiot. Not now, I had suppressed that sight.« replied Nilin privately to Alaxel before addressing the others in the communal band.

»There is nothing to be gained here. We'll try the next target on our grid. Initiate transference immedia...hold«

____

Nilin sat pensive for a full minute, a nearly painful eternity judging by the looks her crew members gave her as she deliberated over the received transmission from the new arrival. Before she even began to speak, Gherin started from his seemingly endless reverie, and addressed Nilin with clear and perfectly in the moment eyes.

"No. I know that look, and damn you, no. That's not what I meant by a window into the past. Even if the situations were even exactly similar, how likely would we have listened to someone in our position now back then? Don't do it, Nilin. It could jeopardize our mission. We can't even know how sincere that message was. Your pity is misplaced, both internally and to them. We can't risk you."

"It has to be done. They might even be able to help us. I'll be fine."

"Is that our Supreme Starspeaker talking, or the All Mother?"

"Both."

"Fine, do as you wish."

"Gherin..."

"No, I'm too old for that. I earned my rest with blood and tears and I won't do it. I will never assume command again, and you won't get me to break that promise. Ask the sleeping layabout."

»I know it breaks the promise I made you, my love...but if something happens to me...« transmitted Nilin privately to the Starbreath, her tone slightly sorrowful but resolute. Her only reply was a feeling of resigned acceptance before a total void met her probing.

In a smooth and graceful motion, Nilin stood from her command station and addressed the entirety of the Va'nyrian complement aboard Grael'Quenoxis.

»I have decided to give these children a chance, to listen if they will speak, and be heard if they will listen. I know not when I will return, but you all know what our duty is.

Prepare for immediate Evraïnin'ven Transference into dead space. You are to wait for three days before continuing with the expedition.«

»Danu'Vrenten, All Mother« came her reply as thousands of hopeful thoughts and feelings became one.

Nilin closed her eyes, and the glyph upon her forehead began to shine blindingly bright with a bluish aura tinged with crackling sparks of white.

____

Nilin opened her eyes and beheld the endless void, currently occupied by the Aschen and Issirian ships, as well as the other strikingly difference ship. The massive bulk of Grael'Quenoxis was no longer around her. There was in fact nothing where it had been a moment before. It simply vanished, leaving no trace of it's passing or it's presence anywhere within the vast entirety of the Milky Way galaxy.

In it's place was simply Nilin Gvyhe'arne, an infinitesimally small form floating in the place where the great vessel had been an instant before, almost impossibly small and easy to miss...

The glyph upon her forehead flashed brightly once more, and an effect similar to the Beacon that started all of this but limited only to the immediate area recreated itself, projecting itself and impossible to miss with Nilin at it's center. She certainly did not wish to be missed.

She turned towards the newly arrived ship, and attuned her Va'nyr to broadcast in the same radio frequency it had hailed them in.

"Messenger of the...Aschen Empire. It is nice to finally know the name of your people. Thank you for some much needed insight into the rationale behind these events. I am Nilineani Tvre'Rexlan Gvyhe'arne, All Mother of the Va'nyrian Consensus, and I will personally partake of your hospitality in the name of your Emperor. There will be no other representatives of my people accompanying me.

As I was not aware of the reaches of 'Imperial Space', I have decided to send my people outside of your galaxy all together for the time being. I am not aware of a lot of things regarding your people, for the record. I look forward for the opportunity to do so, hopefully without more dangerous actions on the part of your people.

I will accept meeting with one of your representatives aboard your vessel, but I can not allow you to 'beam' me aboard, as improper molecular reconstruction of my person can prove disastrous for a wide area that encompasses a considerable portion of the current sphere of influence where the vessels of your people reside and I can not be certain such an accident wouldn't endanger them. A similar but far more disastrous effect would have happened had your people managed to destroy the safeguards to prevent this on our vessel earlier.

If you wish to allow me access to your ship, I suppose exterior access of some sort will be needed. Unless you wish to share some of the specifications of your 'beam' technology so I may attune my systems to safely pass through them.

You may also designate an area of your ship for me to access and provide me with at least one femtosecond of non-energized access through your hull through an area of at least one square picometer, so that I may safely materialize myself within utilizing my own means. Or I can simply vanish and likely not visit your civilization again for a few hundred million years if you're still around.

I give you all of these choices in the spirit of friendliness, because I do wish to engage your people on some sort of rational discourse that might lead to possible mutual enlightenment, but I am simply too old and tired to deal with rashness and ultimatums.

Will we achieve consensus?"

Orlin was pondering in silence as he awaited a reply. The bridge of the Tria was nearly empty, devoid of the bustle of the Isirian and Aschen CICs.

Orlin waited for someone to respond, and finally a message was registered on the Tria's systems, which carried across the ship's computer and into Orlin's mind.

He pondered a split second before he replied, a mental command sent to the ship's systems, before a beacon was lit, both electronically and through a flashing green light on one of the Tria's many airlocks.

"If you cannot be beamed, i've unlocked an airlock so you can physically board my ship. Alternatively if you have the means to transport yourself, you are free to do so." He said, waving his hand and executing a powerful sequence of mental commands, the Tria's shields disengaged and vanished entirely, exposing it's armored hull and it's internal layout.

"You may come here to the Bridge directly, or access my ship through the Airlock, whatever you think is more efficient. I am eager to meet you, and apologize for the hostility, unfortunately it is a necessary evil." Orlin thought, disengaging the mental link to the ship's communication, which also amplified his own minute telepathic signal.

He attuned the ship's systems to broadcast a second beacon, this one would help Nilineani Tvre'Rexlan Gvyhe'arne, traverse directly to Orlin, and facilitate whatever transport she deemed most efficient.

Pulling himself out of the Central command chair, the massive entity that was originally there had now vanished, and it seemed the Aschen ships were standing down.

Orlin himself however was preparing to receive guests, staring out at the flickering holographic screens that displayed a plethora of data, while he rubbed his temples at the mental interface.

"This Alteran technology is too much sometimes..."

as written by Dashmiel

Nilin pondered the options given to her for a second, each accompanied by a myriad unseen pitfalls and rewards when seen from her perspective as an Ambassador to the Va'nyrians. She made sure to quickly shift her frame of mind towards that of the diplomat, in the hopes that this first encounter wouldn't be botched more than it already was.

As the only being that the Consensus could be said to have in the form of a single entity capable of representing and speaking for the whole of their galaxy spanning civilization, Nilin knew with absolute certainty that even if her decisions were to be called into consensus, her people would stand by her resolutely. Such was the power that her position as the All Mother granted her, even for all of the fact that for the past ten billion years the station has been a very literal figurehead one.

It was not always easy to carry the burden of being sought after as the voice of reason and aid for trillions of individuals, but Nilin was accustomed to her role. With a rare and private smile, Nilin decided on her course of action in the simple act of boarding for her invited meeting, and the kind of diplomat she would portray.

"It seems to always be power with these types...very well, power it must be" whispered Nilin off into the endless void as she closed her eyes and beheld the universe with senses ineffable.

Aligning herself with the beacon that Orlin had left to guide her way to his ship, Nilin took a deep breath from the nothingness and became everything.

The glyph upon her forehead lit up brightly and began to shimmer and emit a cacophony of electromagnetic waves across the entire spectrum as Nilin's body began to become energetically excited at a subatomic level. In the span of a heart beat her flesh boiled off, froze, ionized, exploded, and fused.

In her place stood the arbitrarily humanoid silhouette of an equally arbitrarily visible 'mass' of pure energy. A particularly observant observer would have noticed that amid the shifting bands of visible radiation the newly recreated being was composed of there were parts that seemed to be formed differently than the rest.

Beginning by the faint outline of her glyph, thin lines of what could only be described as other-energy ran throughout the silhouette in a pattern not dissimilar to that of a circulatory system or network of nerves.

With little fanfare or visible change, the 'mass' of energy collapsed upon itself forming an infinitesimal point of energy of infinite potential and promptly moved with such speed along the path set forth by Orlin's beacon that the transition was almost unobservable.

____

Suddenly within the bridge of Orlin's ship stood Nilin Gvyhe'arne, materializing in a gentle cascade of dimming light a few paces away from him.

The 6'3" tall Va'nyrian woman stood regally posed in the ornate robes of her station, staring at Orlin with strange solid colored eyes in an otherwise human looking face. If Nilin held any surprise at seeing the physical similarities on the Aschen man, she did not show it.

In a composed and nonthreatening manner, Nilin slightly bowed towards Orlin and greeted him in an ancient and mostly defunct if proper customary way to meet with foreign representatives, despite knowing that the cultural sign of respect likely would need to explaining. As her eerily long fingered by human standards hands twisted this way and that way, sometimes in a way a human hand couldn't move, Nilin spoke the customary ancient greeting in the oldest dialect of the Core Va'nyrian.

The pace of her speech was so fast and the language so intricate that it would have been undecipherable for the human ear to keep up with, and came out as a resonant fast pace litany of keening sound.

While still looking at Orlin, she then switched to Anquietas and spoke a few order's of magnitude slower, the speech so low and stretched out as to actually sound like discordant machine speech notes that were barely decipherable and which took her nearly 15 seconds to voice a single word:

"Greetings."

Nilin then tilted her head towards Orlin and gestured towards her ears while giving Orlin what she hoped was an exaggerated enough to be universal expectant look.

as written by barney_fife, Dashmiel, and Tiko

"Ave"
Orlin replied, respectfully inclining his head, which was an Aschen show of respect. "Welcome aboard the Tria, one of the oldest vessels in the Aschen Fleet." Orlin explained, gesturing for the being to follow him into the main conference room, while mentally signalling the Imperial Fleet to summon Kianna. The Mental transmission was broadcast quickly and discreetly to the waiting Reverences. It would only be a matter of time before Kianna was notified and summoned to deal with this diplomatic situation.

"I know it's not much compared to what you're used too, but this vessel is over a million years old, we couldn't specify an exact date, but we know the Alterans built this vessel sometime in the early years, before our civilization even existed." Orlin explained, moving through a hall to a large and roomy conference room.

"Can I get you something to eat? Some water perhaps?" Orlin asked, stopping to turn and face Nilin.

"I, like most of my Family hold a lot of Alteran DNA, which means we can interface with their technology."

He gestured to a nearby chair, offering a fairly neutral expression.

"Please, sit, make yourself comfortable, I will gladly answer any questions you may have."

____

Nilin gracefully glided as she followed Orlin into the spacious conference room, whilst mentally reprogramming the intracellular servomechanisms in the piconites of her vocal chords to vibrate at the proper frequency and modulation to emulate Aschen speech before replying; "Your accommodations are more than sufficient. Your vessel has excellent craftmanship and I can feel the energy deep within, thrumming as a timeless child. This a construct to challenge the relentless grind of entropy, and it will likely outlast many more civilizations if taken care of."

"I respectfully decline any refreshments. I eat and drink sparingly, and only every once in a...a large length of time, even by cosmological standards" explained Nilin as she took the proffered seat and continued making small talk as her eyes began to take in every possible bit of mannerism to emulate from Orlin.

"Your Alterans sound like an interesting people, I wish I had been around this part of this universe during their days" commented Nilin before wrinkling her brow. "I do not however, care much for the relentless yearning your ship has. I'm surprised you're comfortably attuned to it, all I can feel is it's craving and readiness to fulfill your every command, to a rather loudly and constantly affirming degree. Timeless child indeed..." finished Nilin as she trailed off and became lost reliving entire eons in a second.

"I do not have any questions for you, child. I appreciate your role in providing a chance for our civilizations to meet, but I require speaking with someone who has the power to represent the interests and speak in matters concerning your entire Empire.

I would however, greatly appreciate access to some basic reading material, whatever you have free to share with diplomatic envoys on new contacts. Histories of your people, repositories of common knowledge, advanced manuals on your language, things like that
" said Nilin as she gestured around.

"I've prepared a...portion of my own form of neural interfacing system to be able to receive data from your vessel, it should be able to identify me as a viable transmission source if identified as Entity:Nilin. I'd appreciate texts in phonetic representations on your language, as those will not take me long to finish so that I may meet your representative with enough basic knowledge for diplomatic discourse" said Nilin as she steepled her fingers and prepared to wait, having said her piece.

____

AHSC Hymn of Purgation
Reverence II Class Planetary Assault Carrier
Chairman Gina Inviere

With the message from the Cryo System recieved, Inviere brought the ship to Condition One, with Action Stations set, two security teams made their way to the Bifrost hub in the event someone was following on the Bifrost behind Kianna.

The teams set up in tiered rows, moving behind cover with guns prepared and readied. Even though the Node's GDO Code signaled it was the Empress, they weren't going to take any chances.

Once Kianna was through, Inviere would step through an opening blast door, inclining her head to the Empress.

"Your wish, Our Command, Empress... This situation is thus so far under control, though you are needed aboard the Tria." She said, gesturing for Kianna to follow Inviere to the ship's Ring Transporter.

Tria
Alteran Aurora Class

Orlin offered a respectful nod as he manipulated a three-dimensional hologram.

"The Alterans were always very good at what they did, very good engineers." He replied, holding his hand up to manipulate an interface, a screen flickering before Nilin.

"Eager? I just think the commands and the ship executes them, I don't really give it much more though, I get a little feedback from various systems, but I didn't think the ship was 'eager' as you put it, unless the shipboard AI is more sentient than it is supposed to be."

"The Ship will only really mentally interface with someone carrying an ATA gene, a special gene marker in Alterans and their descendants, let me see... I've got it set to broadcast the relevant data on an outgoing local transmission. I hope it will suffice." Orlin explained. "I've included our major languages, our history, and other relevant topics that you can digest while we wait for the Empress." He said, nodding to a circular platform in the center of the room.

"She will appear there momentarily." Orlin added.

While Nilin interfaced with the ship's databanks, she would find an extensive history, the Aschen as a people being descended from two distinct civilizations. One was the Alterans, what would amount to the first evolution of Mankind, the others were various tribes collected from a small planet in the Orion spur, since lost to the Aschen.

Aschen Civilization was roughly 30 - 40,000 years old, with roots dating nearly 150,000 years into the past, across several different planets. Their development was fast paced, artificially advanced by the Alterans, their development also rife with tribal conflict between states on the newly settled Langara.

History culminated into the formation of the early Confederation, and it's rapid expansion into the stars, It was there Nilin would find a sudden regression of Technology following a bloody civil conflict between Langara and a planed called Molecay. This was identified as the Great War of Magellan, with the subsequent technological regression referred to as the 'Vorlix' Which was old Caprican for "Amnesia"

Indeed the period leading up to the Great War of Magellan, Nilin would likely see the Aschen as significantly more advanced technologically and culturally, teetering on the precipice of unlocking the secrets of the Universe.

History concluded with the Confederation, and various small conflicts that culminated into the formation of the Aschen Empire.

____

"Under control?" Kianna asked, her eyes narrowed. "An unknown vessel shows up in Isiria's backyard, and puts out a beacon strong enough that our ships back in the Empire felt it - on the other side of the galaxy - and your solution was to make threats and ultimatums while preparing to blow it up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless your goal was to potentially wipe out everything in existence from here to Arastel - including our own fleets - I don't think we share a definition of 'under control'. Regardless of whatever transpires, I don't want that thing engaged until we know more about it."

It would seem that the transmissions Kianna had been privy to back on Cryo had done little to impress the Empress as to the handling of the situation thus far. It was a small miracle that a ceasefire had been enacted before her arrival.

"I want everything we know about these people before I reach that ship. Their technology, their ships, is there anything that can link them to the alien vessels that engaged our patrols last month?" she asked as she walked.

Little did Kianna know that the true threat was already appearing within the Cryo system even as they spoke.

____

"I followed protocol, protocol that Emperor McGregor drafted to Minister Chaska, I followed my orders." Inviere quipped back.

A few scant moments went by, and a Lieutenant made his way up to Inviere, offering a crisp salute, he handed her a short piece of paper typed in Anquietas.

Inviere paused a moment, before she turned to face the paper, reading it's contents and making a sneer.

"Cryo Watchtower was just destroyed in a massive incursion." She said, passing the paper to Kianna. "We're going to go to Emergency Protocol Alpha." She said, clenching the paper. The same paper was an automated broadcast to all ships, both Imperial Military, and Isirian Military vessels were to report to the nearest Watchtower, while Isirian ships were ordered to be grounded effective immediately.

"My Grace, we have twenty four hours before every Watchtower in the Empire is at full combat readiness, so whatever you're going to do on the Tria, you have until then. And then you're to report directly to the Emperor." Inviere explained.

"From what we gathered, these aliens are different than the aliens that attacked our Patrols, in fact, whatever hit that Watchtower is likely the same group that harassed our patrols. With respect, I suggest you head to the Tria, you'll be safe there. I need to brief the Emperor before he heads to Cimtar."

____

This was not proving to be one of Kianna's better days, but only the faint twinge of the muscles in her jaw betrayed the grit of her teeth as the news was passed along to her. She would not see her years of work dismantled. Whoever these aliens where, they would be dealt with.

She offered no further words to Inviere before she stepped into the Ring Transporter.

A few moments later, Kianna appeared upon the platform aboard Orlin's vessel, the Tria. The faint smell of ozone still clung to her crimson robes, and the faint scorch marks upon the fabric spoke of the battle she had just come from.

She looked to Orlin first, then Nilin before she spoke.

"Is this the alien?" she inquired.

Her words where lacking in warmth, but her ire wasn't directed at Nilin.

"As I'm certain you're beginning to understand, you and your people just arrived in the midst of a warzone," Kianna explained as she lowered her cowl. "So let us make the most of what little time we have. My name is Kianna, Empress of the Aschen Empire."

She was blunt and to the point, but given the destruction being enacted within the Cryo System, it was the best she could muster towards diplomacy at the moment. She lowered her cowl though to offer a human face behind her name, by which Nilin could identify her. Her combat suit was visible as well, but her intentions didn't appear to be geared towards intimidating the alien woman, but rather it spoke of the situation Kianna had just arrived from.

____

Nilin assessed the Empress of the Aschen Empire for only an instant but it was long enough for her to believe she would prove more satisfactory than the rest of the representatives of her people so far, at least where meaningful communication was involved.

She also did not miss the signs of a leader in the midst of a crisis, signs she was glad to find were not too unfamiliar despite their differences.

Hopeful that the newly arrived woman would prove faster on the uptake than her children, Nilin wasted no time in dispensing with the script she was prepared to follow and replied in the same brisk blunt cadence that seemed to permeate the other woman's tone.

"I do understand, and I am grateful for your time. In time, you might be grateful for mine as well. I am Nilin, and to save you the time, I will dispense with my official titles and what they mean as those can be explained at a better time.

To summarize, I am a representative of my people, The Va'nyrian Consensus, and hold the necessary authority to make decisions affecting our whole. A small group of us are in your galaxy on an exploratory mission, one we have performed on countless galaxies over the past ten billion years. We are here to observe, research, catalog, and trade for information of any kind. We are strictly non-combatants in whatever struggles might be occurring in this part of space and we are currently seeking at least temporary safe harbor whilst we prepare to carry out our mission. In return, we are prepared to open channels of communication and trade with your people should you wish it and can assure you that it would not be a waste of time for your people to do so"
finished Nilin as her eyes roamed over Kianna.

She was unsure as to what customs these people had regarding eye contact, but the scholar in her couldn't help but to quietly quantify and assess whatever qualities and mannerisms she could discern which might be useful at a later time.

____

"It would seem your timing ill struck," Kianna replied wryly.

Her ire eased though, as it was clear enough that Va'nyrians hadn't deliberately picked such an inopportune moment to appear in the backyard of Isiria. Nor were they deliberately setting out to make her life difficult.

"I can make no promises of safe harbor for your people, or of open communication at this juncture. There will also be those who will question your arrival coinciding with the complete destruction of one of our watchtowers," Kianna answered truthfully. "I would extend safe harbor to you personally though. I fear our time here will not be sufficient to give these matters the attention they require, so I invite you to accompany me back to Arastel, and offer my word that no harm will come to you so long as you remain there at my request."

____

Nilin wasted no time pretending to require time to consider her reply, as the outcome was already more than she had hoped for from these people.

"Timing is indeed a capricious thing, but I've lived long enough to no longer resent it from it's duty. This is certainly not the first war I've stumbled upon. I find your conditions agreeable. My people are resourceful enough to continue their mission elsewhere and I believe the assumption that your people do not control the entirety of this galaxy is not off the mark based on your histories so if they do so they shouldn't interfere with your sovereign space" said Nilin as she gracefully left her seat and bowed her head towards Kianna.

"I accept your invitation, Empress of the Aschen. I would like to observe what I might and see for myself if I've misjudged your people while a more fortunate time for discourse presents itself. If time is of the essence, I am prepared to go at once."

Back