It all started with something shiny (1x1)

Missvibes

@othyrworld

Name: Leilatha, some call her Leila for short

Appearance: Bright green eyes. Her ears extended above her head and she typically wears a few small earrings in them. Her hair is straight and extends down her back with a strawberry blonde color to it. Leilatha's skin is pale despite being outside quite often and she has natural ruby lips.

General: Leilatha is an archaeologist of sorts. She likes hunting and collecting rare objects to display or sometimes sell to help fund her next excursion. Often times she will sneak her way onto a human's dig site and take their discarded 'rubbish' that they unknowingly were going to throw out.

Name: Elowan Swayze
Appearance: She has large brown eyes with an underlay of gold, and bronze skins with sparks shimmering around like freckles. Her hair is long, curly, and dark red kept pulled back in an elaborate braid. She's short, but fairly muscular, and stands with excellent posture.
General: Elowan is a Djinn, an ancient spirit of fire with her life force tied to a mysterious relic.

Leilatha had heard about a human digsite out in the desert. That usually meant there were good finds for her to discover. Typically elves and humans didn't get along, so once she arrived, she was going to have to wait for them to be distracted or went to bed for the night. The wait would be worth it though. After a day of observation, Leilatha was able to identify where their discards were being placed. It was such a shame that humans didn't always understand the valuables they found and easily set them aside as if it were common trash. Leilatha took those items though and cherished them, brought new life to them for other peoples to enjoy.

As night fell, she decided to sneak into the camp. Once near the discard pile, she turned on her small lamp to begin gently rummaging, hoping to not further damage these precious items. While digging through the piles, she came across a curious relic. It seemed to have a special design, but she couldn't quite make it out with the dim light of the lamp. Her focus was disrupted at the sound of some voices. She quickly put the relic into her bag and turned out her lamp before making her escape from the camp.

Elowan was both excited and scared. She had finally (FINALLY) been unearthed, which was amazing. She was tired of being all cooped up inside her relic, and she yearned for the freedom of the sky and wide plains she remembered from her last adventure into the outside world. Unfortunately, she'd been uncovered by humans, her least favorite species. They were crass and ignorant, and they just threw her relic aside as if it were nothing! Even the simplest of species should know what a Djinn relic looked like, but somehow these humans had forgotten.

She was about to burst forth from her relic raining fury down onto these strange souls who had forgotten her when she was scooped up by a strange elf woman. The lady looked young, but her long ears marked her as an elf, so she could be as old as Elowan herself. The woman appraised her relic before shoving her into her sack. Elowan couldn't help herself, letting out a squawk of outrage that may have echoed beyond her cozy little room.

The elf had been able to get out of the discard tent and hidden into the shadows of their makeshift buildings. Her ears perked as she heard the voices of the humans discussing if they had actually heard something in the area. Seemed she was going to get away without them being any the wiser. That was until a screech came from where she was hiding. Her bright eyes widened as she looked around, wondering where the sound had come from. It almost sound like... She shook her head at the thought and bolted out of her spot as flashlights turned on toward her general direction.

"It's an elf!" Leilatha began running. In the process, her bag was beginning to loosen at the opening. She kept trying to tighten it shut again as to not lose anything, but it seemed determined to stay open. "Trust me. I just want to get you away from them." The elf whispered to the items in her bag. It wasn't uncommon for her to talk to the artifacts she found as if they were living and breathing things.

Elowan was being uncomfortably jostled in the bag where she had been thrown. She tried her best to plan an escape, but that all went out the window when the bag flew open. Using what little magic she could perform while still sitting safely inside the relic, she burnt the edges of the bag stiff so it couldn't close, until the elf woman spoke to her.

"Trust me. I just want to get you away from them." The lady seemed honest enough, and Elowan couldn't say she'd be treated better in human hands. She thought wistfully of a time when she was worshipped as the powerful spirit that she was before releasing her hold on the now smoking side of the bag. Perhaps she'd get lucky and her relic would fall out of the strange woman's bag. Of course, the woman had addressed her as a living thing, something that she hadn't experienced in a couple centuries, so staying with her might not be the worst thing in the world. It would certainly be better than the time she was forced act as a mere slave by some old warlord who knew her true name.

Seemed her goal made her bag want to stay shut and let her travel more easily. It wasn't too difficult to outrun a human when she wasn't struggling with something like her pack. Eventually she found a decent enough hiding spot while she could listen for the humans to be off her trail. Once it sounded clear, Leilatha went on a more easy pace toward her campsite. Then she'd be able to finally see what was causing such a commotion in her pack.

After a long walk, she made it back to her tent. It was still dark outside, but she was curious to see what all she had found. The elf gently set the pack on her desk space and turned on her lamp, this time it was able illuminate the space.

After what felt like hours upon hours of being uncomfortable shaken around, Elowan's relic was finally freed from the pack. The elf woman had set it on the table, probably to examine it fully. Should she reveal herself to this woman? It wouldn't be long before this elf discovered her, and Elowan had heard somewhere that the element of surprise was an important advantage in any situation. Or she could've just made that up, but whatever.

Before she could think things over, she burst from the relic with a flash of fire. "Who are you! What do you want!" She shouted, slamming a hand down on the table and making the poor woman jolt with surprise. Elowan didn't even pause, she just kept up her questions. "Where are we? What were you doing shoving me in that dumb bag? Why would you do that?"

Leilatha's bright eyes widened as the figure came bursting out and she leaned back as the hand came slamming down on the table. Apparently this.. relic? Did this screeching flame really come out of the relic? Those questions would have to be resolved later as currently it was throwing a tantrum about the turn of events that had transpired earlier. The elf just calmly waited until the outpour of questions stopped. "Are you finished?" She asked with a raise of an eyebrow. Once it seemed the little lady had completed her outburst, Leilatha began to explain the situation. Or at least as much as she knew of it.

"I am Leilatha. I am a treasure hunter... More specifically, I save treasures from their inevitable demise with humans." She explained. The elf was quite articulate and spoke her words clearly. "I simply found your relic and thought it was rather curious, I couldn't see it very well in the darkness and put you in my pack so I could bring you somewhere that was safer." Hopefully that was enough explanation as to what had happened, "If I had known you were more than the relic, I would not have been so rude." A smile played on her ruby lips. "Right now we're in the deserts of South Coyragh. I heard humans were doing an archaeological dig and I wanted to see what treasures I could pick up."

The elf, slid her chair back from the table. "Now.. Would you like something to eat or drink? I don't have much, but I'd be happy to share with you what I have. Perhaps you'd also like to tell me a bit about yourself and how you ended up in the hands of humans?" Even if the newcomer didn't want anything, the elf was going to make herself a pot of tea.

Elowan gave the elf lady-Leilatha she reminded herself- the harshest look of scrutiny she could muster, determined to see if she was lying. When she was satisfied that she was hearing the truth, she looked around the small tent she found herself in. It wasn't much, but Leiithala seemed to make it cozy and nice. It reminded Elowan of living inside her relic, except this place had a door. She gave a hearty sniff before jumping up to sit on the table. "A cup of tea would be nice. To be honest I'm not quite sure how I came to be with the humans."

Last edited:
Leilatha nodded as the almost sprite-like being explained herself. The elf pulled out a smaller looking cup, the typical teacup would've still been rather large for her guest. Once the tea was made, she brought over both cups on a tray with some other additives. "I don't know what you like in your tea, but here are so options." She pointed out the sugar, cream, and milk. There were also a few spices as well. "What should I call you?" Leilatha asked while pouring some cream into her own cup and sprinkling cinnamon over top. Her own name seemed to have been missed in the explanation.

"As to how you came to be with the humans... Well we can explore your history if you like." Leilatha gave her the option with a slight shrug. "However, I will not be holding you captive. You are free to go at any time. Though I certainly don't mind the company." She gave a small smile and took a sip. "That's some good tea."

Elowan grabbed the cup and drank greedily. She hadn't had anything in, oh, a hundred years or so, and she needed to get her strength up if she wanted to regain use of her larger form. Once she had started slurping on her tea, she realized that she had been asked a question. She looked up at Lethalia. "Uh, I'm..." She struggled to remember her common name before it clicked. "Elowan! You may call me Elowan!"

Elowan decided to trust Lethalia. The woman had said she wouldn't be held before she knew what Elowan was, and she'd always had a soft spot for those who were kind. She realized that this woman would probably like to know what she was. "I am a Djinn, just so you know," She spat, deciding abruptly that she would like to take back the words.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance Elowan." Leilatha gave a small bow toward the little woman. Seemed a lot of things with her new guest were spur of the moment, but that certainly kept the elf on her toes. One of her eyebrows raised as Elowan revealed more of her identity. "Well that certainly explains a few things." She chuckled quietly with a small smile. "I thought I had recognized some of the engravings on that relic... But I hadn't had the chance to really inspect it." Her eyes moved briefly toward relic on the table. "You know.. with the darkness and humans chasing us and then having you come flying out of it." She waved her hand absently with a laugh.

"At any rate, the offer still stands. I love history and would love to learn more about you, perhaps help you discover where you've been since your last memories." The elf shrugged slightly, "But that is still up to you, whether you decide to stay or go." She did lift a finger to add one more thing, "I do ask you stay the night and get some rest however. I'm sure those humans are still looking for whoever ransacked their camp." Leilatha got out a long plate and folded some towels across it to make a bed for her guest.

Back