Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Jeha

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Nevan

Lonesnow Mountain

"How many have arrived so far?" Questioned one of the High Shaman, dressed in fur cloaks and wearing crowns of antlers. Medallions and charms hung from around their necks and bracelets of bones sat over their arms like rings.

"The first began to arrive yesterday. Aelthstan and his entourage, I believe," spoke the second, stroking a thick, shaggy beard. "The others are due to arrive in the following days. We're expecting two hundred, but should prepare for six hundred if we are to take into account advisers and bodyguards."

A third chimed in, while his hands broke a large piece of meat over the oval table of stone. "Do we have the animals required for the feast? For the sacrificial offerings?"

"No. We do not. Our stores have been too depleted for such wastefulness," replied the first, tapping a finger lightly against the table with a slight unease. He was fully prepared for the backlash against the solution he would soon be suggesting.

"So what are you suggesting, first brother?" Asked the second with cautious tone. "Are we to remove meat from the feast? The tribes will not feast on crop produce alone; you know this. And we must not forsake the Gods of their offerings, for neither myself or our other brothers will stand for such a blasphemy. There would be outrage."

"What I suggest, second brother, is that we feast upon the sacrificial offerings themselves."

The third brother almost choked, though managed to swallow down his surprise and remain calm. "Eat the sacrificial offerings? The gods would curse us, surely? Wotan would curse us."

"Wotan cannot curse us from deat-" the first brother tried to argue, only to be cut off by the second.

"Never-mind Wotan, brother! Tektha would curse us! Kor would curse us! There would be great suffering dealt to the tribes and the Chieftains would cry foul of our wisdom!" The second proclaimed, his anger rising. "We must not, nay, we can not deny the Gods their sacrifice!"

"Half of them are dead!" The first brother yelled, rising suddenly from his chair and slamming his hands down against the stone. "The remaining half are weakened! Tektha lost an arm and Heltas has barely made herself known since the Ragnarok! But more than that, the Jehan are suffering. The tribes struggle to feed themselves and the women struggle to birth our children without Ella's guiding hand! The efforts to repopulate are slow and many of the tribes are willing to send their remaining warriors into battle again if it means more fertile land to grow crop and more hunting ground to provide the meat they need! This meeting is the only hope of retaining order and I will not have those who come go without a feast!"

The first brother began to calm himself, letting out a sigh as he closed his eyes. "The hearts of men are easier swayed to peace when their stomachs are full. As first brother, this is my decree: the sacrificial offerings will be sacrificed. The gods may keep the blood to do with as they will and we shall keep the flesh to roast and eat. Have the spire send a pulse of Spectrum; let the travellers be reminded of their destination."

Silenced and teething, the second brother turned heel and left the study.

-

Somewhere in the wilds

The large, raven-like bird touched down upon a cloth-covered, oustretched arm beneath the gargantuan trees of the Jehan countryside. With branches that grew glowing spheres of fleshy blue rather than leaves, the grove beneath was bathed in calming light as the hooded figure kept himself silent and waiting.

As a bright pulse of spectrum flashed over the horizon in the distance, the Jehan waited for the contact to arrive.

Allestra Shadowstep was known to be passing through the area and by raven, she would receive a scroll of runic markings; a letter. It would read:

"To Allestra Shadowstep,

I have an offer of employment. Meet me in the grove beneath the resch trees exactly two miles directly south of your current position. Be discreet and swift and you will be well rewarded, I assure you.

Speak of this to no-one,

X."

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Iriai33 and Nevan

The seemingly ever lasting night of their massive planet rolled on. Streams from the Aurora Borealis rolled like ribbons about, and no matter how many times the lone female figure would see this, it would amaze. The blues, reds, purples, and greens wold wrap about ever changing, giving magic to the world, and she sat upon a roof top of the house she just pilfered from. The occupants were asleep, and she rolled the golden orb in her fingers like a mantra ball. She made her way down the roof line, and swung herself out and down landing in stride and walked right out the village with no one the wiser.

Walking a ways away from the village, Allestra looked up as a Raven cawed at her. In hand she held a small throwing knife ready to react to anything around her. It dropped a scroll, and upon it were engravings of runes she had not seen before, but would never forget. Looking around once again, and between each line she read as if expecting an attack at any point now. How did they know where she was. She had spells upon her gear that would make it very difficult to find her. They must of found someone who knew of her to tell them where she might be. Granted... Allestra did not have any friends. Only those who want her dead, and those who are on her list to be either pilfered from, or killed. She had contracts, but that is close to a friend other then her companion she had. Pocketing the parchment, Allestra continued to walk away from the town, with a mind full of reasons why this person wanted her to be quick. It surely was an assassination, or to steel from someone very powerful.

Allestra called upon her companion, and he greeted her with a purr like growl, and nuzzled her face, and neck. He pushed her nearly over, and she ran her hand down his back with her nails. The Massive Dire Panther reacted in toe, and licked her cheek. The rough wet tongue made her laugh, and she pat him upon the neck and climbed upon her back. The Dire Panther knew where she wanted him to take her without speaking and the two went threw the forest. She let him know it could be a trap, and to keep an eye open.

Allestra made her way discretely, and quickly Directly south, and soon could see the grove ahead. She took note of the men in the trees, and the massive cat gave a rumble as they walked under their watchful eyes. Allestra could also make out others in the bushes, and behind trees. Her opaque eyes could make more out in the fading light, and with the help of the magical light, she could make more out in the darkness then others of her race. Call it to her mixed breeding, but it was an advantage and one she would gladly use.

So she walked into what felt like a trap. The two already knew how the other would work, one going for the tree line killing those there, while the other would cover the attacks from the trees. Allestra dismounted, and the massive cat remained calm, yet alert every once in a while looking in a direction and holding his gaze. So she waited for whom ever to show their faces.

____

"Don't worry. The people in the trees are for my protection, not for your death," spoke the stranger, as he pulled a package from beneath his cloak and held it calmly in both hands. The package seemed to be wrapped in hide and tied together with leather strips and looked big enough to contain a large book at the very least. "You are Allestra, yes? It's good to meet you in person. I'm sure you've come here on account of the message my bird relayed, or am I wrong?"

"The stories say you are one of the greatest killers. Did you fight in the Ragnarok with those skills? I imagine not. I imagine the shield wall is not where you belong; but behind it, picking off stragglers and looking for those who become separated from the rest. Either way, we have a contract for you if you wish to accept it."

Moving over to a small, dimly lit fire, the man placed the package down on the ground nearby and then moved to sit down on an overturned log that made an improvised bench. Inside the package, if Allestra cared to look, she would find the dress of a noblewoman - still as simple and practical as any other Jehan attire and not too colourful, but still fine and eye-catching. It was lined with fur and made thick to protect from the cold.

"You know of the meeting at Lonesnow Mountain, yes? Many chieftains and important men and women of note will be attending. That package is a formal invitation for you to attend, infiltrate and kill the first brother of the High Shaman order. This will no doubt be the most difficult act of murder ever to be committed but if you succeed? You will be an extremely wealthy woman... Not only for the rest of your life, but the lives of your children, grandchildren and their own grandchildren. You would be securing the future of your family for thousands of years."

____

Allestra looked to the men in question, then turned to the man who appeared from the woods. He spoke, Allestra only nodded, but did not give up anything from her past and the dam war. it was an ugly thing. He pegged her though. She did pick off the stragglers, and killed those with knives in the back while they slept. The man sure knew how to smooze. He hit all her finer less known parts, and he had done his homework. She kept an even expression as the package fell at her feet. She took in his garb, and everything he was. She even could tell who made his clothing, and how much they cost. He had plenty of resources, and backup. She eyed another man who thought he was hidden from her well trained eyes. This man wanted a first born dead, and not only that... A Shaman to boot. However, the price was right, but the man to die by her hand? 'This will no doubt be the most difficult act of murder ever to be committed?' Granted he was right.

The mention of children, and family? Like that would happen. However, Allestra kept her expression as calm and deadly as ever. "I will check it out. Granted. I dough you will let me turn this down, considering who your target is. So lets just say I will take the contract, on one condition. If I ever see you, or your people ever again. I will slit your throat while you think your safe, and sound." She said and used her foot to kick the box into the air, and got upon her companion. She then flicked a old key. "The payment will be dropped there." She said, as the Cat turned around.

"See yeah around Alvaen." She said saying his name as a threat that she knew exactly who he was. The Dire Panther took off, and she held onto the box. She waited until she knew she was alone. She then opened the box. She then took the finely made dress out, and looked at it. She made sure to check all the seems, and each of the panels of fabric for anything she might not want poking her. She did not trust this contract, and she was lucky to of made it out of there alive. Sure she would of killed the one calling the shots, but who called his? She knew her chances of survival were low, and she placed the garment on. Allestra would be heading there right away. It was time sensitive, and she had to get there before it was too late.

Allestra made good time. The wind blew in her hair, and she looked up at the massive mountain. Her companion gave her a grumbled growl, and she narrowed her eyes at the entrance. She did not like it either. "Lets get this done, and gone. Time to find our target." The Cat snuffed a grunt, and she pat him on the side. Allestra slid down, and handed the guard her invite... So to speak. They eyed her weaponry, but who was not armed to the tooth? Hell they all were. They let her pass, and the Panther followed at her shoulder.

____

"Just get it done and you will be well rewarded," the contact repeated, as he and his men began to take their leave - heading in the opposite direction they had told Allestra to travel for her mission. No other words were spoken, or even needed to be spoken; they had given her everything she needed to accomplish her mission and now the burden of success lay on her alone.

-

Loneslow Mountain was a beautiful sight; standing isolated, tall and strong. It rose suddenly and steeply from almost flat ground, rather than progressing towards the sky after miles upon miles of highland and a slowly increasing altitude. A large fortification sat at the base, with a strong wall made of thick wooden logs and stone built atop an earthen mound and guarded by patrols of Jehan warrior-monks. The lone gate sat in the centre of the wall; large enough for a big carriage to get through, but little else - a defence decision that meant any attacking force would have difficulty pouring inside and that only a small defence force was needed to secure it.

As the first set of guards allowed Allestra through the main gate, a second set quickly stopped her at the base of the stone steps that led straight up to the temple. "Greetings, Maiden," said one of the guards. "From what tribe do you hail and what is your position?" They were clearly taking security seriously and likely wouldn't let her pass as easily as the gate-guards did.

If Allestra looked up, she would see the stairs numbered in the thousands. They led straight up, until roughly halfway up the mountain, where one of the most impressive sights on Jeha could be looked upon: the Temple of Wotan at Lonesnow. The top half of the mountain had a huge, semi-circular cavity mined into the stone and smoothed; wherein sat the massive fortress-temple of Wotan with its many towers rounded central chamber that took up the majority of the structure. Either side of the temple were sets of stairs that ran parallel and ran up above the cavity until they joined together again; whereupon they began to twist up around the mountain itself until they reached where the summit had been carved into a large tower. From the top of the tower, the stream of Spectrum energy and light pierced the sky.

____

The grand stair was was impressive to say the least. If she had issues with height it would of given her vertigo, but she only looked on as the Guard asked her. She played the part well. She eyed the Guard, and narrowed her eyes as if they show know better then to ask her such things. She looked him up and down, and showed the package. She took a moment to look at the grand entry, and stairs. She then suddenly knew that it was going to be the hardest thing she had ever done. The kill may not be the hardest part, but the escaping would be. One way in, one way out... Unless you thought you could fly.

"I have a package for the First born of the High Shaman Order. I have come to bring it to him in person. It would be a shame to my people if I was unable to give it to him myself." She said, and Allestra remained standing tall, with her shoulders back, and her back... Straight and true. Her Dire Panther remained in place at her side. His golden eyes remained on the guard.

The formal dress felt good on her skin, and she knew she would enjoy it's warmth. The mountain was imposing, and she knew that this was going to be a interesting assignment that she still had not giving her yes to completing yet. She had heard of the first born of the these high shamans. He had done good deeds, and Jehan's respected him. She had seen him once on the battle field, but only briefly. He was deadly with his art, and warfare. He was a leader. Granted that was a dark time so who knows what he has turned into today? He could be a lutz for all she knew, and let the power go to his head.

The people who hired her sure wanted him out of the way, but why? Was it because he was an evil leader, or did they want his tidal? Allestra knew that she was dead either way, unless luck would be on her side. She could leave now, and hide, but where would that leave her for the rest of her life. Always looking over her shoulder?... Even if she was able to kill this High Shaman, would she be safe then? No. This was a rock and hard place situation. She had to figure something out, either kill the man, or don't and leave now? She knew she would regret, it, but she remained in place, she needed to at least check him for herself, if this was a contract worth completing? She had a lot of thing running threw her mind. Kill the man, regret it later. Run, and not warn him, and someone else kills him and he was a stand up man? Or risk running for the rest of her natural long lived life?

____

"No one gets to see the High Shaman," the guard responded with a cautious, dubious tone. "Much less the First. I notice you have yet to respond to my questions, so I will ask them again for one final time: where do you come from and what is your rank there? We do not allow simply anyone to enter our temple fortress, maiden; nor should you seek those rules to change for your sake."

As Allestra and the guard spoke about their matters, a young man with dark hair made his way towards them, accompanied by an older man with greying hair and a beard. They were both built heavily, but the younger man was heavier than the elder. Wulfsige, as the dark haired man was known by, had long hair that fell freely and wore a heavy coat of chain and fur. A large, round shield was strapped to his back and he had some form of war axe hung at his belt.

As they approached the stairs, Wulfsige gestured for the elder man to stay back and moved towards the assassin and the man impeding her progress.

"Greetings guardsman. Greetings maiden," Wulfsige spoke, bowing slightly to the lady and her high-class dress. He examined her with eyes that were not too afraid to wander, then held out a slip of parchment to the guard. "I am Wulfsige of the Icesworn, here to attend the moot."

____

Allestra's eyes twitched at the guard, but that was the only hint of irritation she showed. She was about to tell the guard a place, when a man approached. He greeted the two, Allestra bowed her head slightly to him, and looked back to the older man. She then looked over the one in front of her, and gave him a slight smile. "Greetings to you as well." She said, and realized who he was. She had only seen him from afar, and he was huge then. As short as she was, she had to look up at the imposing male, but held her ground. His wondering eyes only made her smirk, and she let him look. The more distracted she could make him the better. She then followed the example.

Allestra went threw the bag, and found the paper, handing it to the guard having read it first. She sighed slightly, cocked her hip to the side, and rolled her eyes as if she was the one being imposed upon not the guard. "I am Zianna from Frostborn." She was holding up the act well of being high born, considering she was at one time. Though it never suited her, she just acted like her siblings friends.

It would also seem that weapons were allowed for at least now, and she took in everything she could. From his bulk, to his weaponry. She knew the man was deadly, and known as a fierce warrior. "I am also here to attend the Moot." She said, and placed a soft hand upon her hip. She then pushed one arm slightly against her side pushing her cleavage up a bit. The quicker she got in, the faster she could figure out what to do. Granted with this man here... It would make things more difficult unless, she was able to send an attack his ward's way. That would be enough of a distraction, to make it seem like the older man was the target not the First born of the Shaman order.

____

The guard looked over the paper, but couldn't help but notice the pushed-up cleavage of the female Jehan. He coughed to try and hide his opened mouth and blamed the slight blush in his cheeks on the cold.

Wulfsige immediately saw how the lesser man reacted to the noblewoman's faint displays of sexuality and quickly realized that it was a purposeful move on Allestra's behalf. She was trying to sneak into a moot that held no place for her, though he did not plan on turning her in. Her business was not his own, as far as he could tell, though that didn't have to mean that she herself could not be his business.

The guard read carefully through the letter of introduction a second time, pausing on the signature scrawled by the bottom of the cold parchment. Coming to the conclusion that almost everything was in order, he gave the letter back to Allestra and nodded his head a slight amount.

"Your invitation is valid, Lady Zianna. However, as you are aware a maiden may not attend such a meeting by herself; with no husband or father to lead her. Might I ask for you to fetch him so I may let you through to the temple?" The guard asked, an oblivious tone on his tongue. He didn't seem to suspect much - if anything.

"I am her husband," spoke Wulfsige, suddenly. "Her husband to be, at least. We are betrothed. We plan to marry at the moot."

Wulfsige saw in this clearly illegal attendee a chance that came rarely; especially under such a clear night. No matter what her business at the gathering was, it clearly had less than noble motives. Wulfsige could not only keep an eye on her, but she would owe him her favour for as long as he kept her secret silent. And if that failed, he could prove his loyalty to the Shaman by stopping whatever plot she hid behind those eyes. Wulfsige Icesworn was as shrewd as he was strong.

"Of course, Lord Wulfsige," the guard spoke, turning to inspect the couple a last time. "Congratulations on your betrothal. I shall send word for a large chamber to be prepared for you and your future wife. You may both feel free to join the moot at your pleasure. Weapons are allowed within the temple fortress, as is Jehan tradition, but violent or threatening action will be met with harsh punishment within these neutral grounds. If you have a disagreement that must be settled in blood, you must attend an honourable duel before the gathering. These are our holy rules and the High Shaman demand your obedience to them."

With that, the guard ordered his men to step aside, clearing the stairs up to the temple. Wulfsige put his arm around Allestra and began to lead on the long climb to the top. "Let us go, my love."

____

Allestra was starting to loose options other then offering herself straight up to the guard to get into this dam thing. Male ran society bull shit.. Where would they be without us Females? She was about to have to come up with yet another lie or find some man who would stand in as a chaperone or something when the big male stepped in. She could not help but narrow her eyes at him as she looked up. He fixed it to 'husband to be', which she realized was her ticket in, but why.

The fact that she was now to marry this man she hoped she could get in and her job done, then out before she had to make any thing worse for her. She put on a well placed fake smile, and leaned into him. Allestra felt suddenly trapped, and her heart pounded in her chest for a brief moment. Giving him that 'soft' smile, she looked up to Wulfsige. "That was a secrete I had hope to keep my love." She said, and looked up to him with a slight pout on her face. Playing the part fare enough.

Allestra gave the guard a sweet smile, and walked arm and arm with the mountain of muscle at her side. The guard gave them a warning, and she nodded. Wulfsige, gave his leave, and she followed in stride. Her movements were fluid, and light. She was ready to bolt at any given moment. However, she did not want to make a scene, and a soft smile remained on her lips, though it was not filled with anything from her eyes. There was a hardness there. "Ah thank you for helping me with the guard. I will see to myself. Thank you again Lord Wulfsige." She said, and tried to pull away from his unyielding arm.

____

Wulfsige released her, but remained close so as not to draw suspicion. "You will have to continue to play the part now," he told her, as he continued to climb step-by-step up the mountain. It was going to be a rather long journey, at least a good 40 minutes of constant, powerful movement to reach the temple. Some sort of test, he assumed.

"For the duration of the meet, we are lovers in the eyes of others here. It's too late to change that. I don't really care about your true business here, but I am now risking my life to allow you access to the temple and as a result you owe me far more than you can easily repay. With this information in mind, I assume your honour will force you to accept any request I might have of you. A unique and dangerous woman like you is always a useful one to have at my side when so many enemies gather in the same place. Don't worry, though; I am unlikely to ask sexual favours from you. Well, perhaps once or twice. You are a beauty, after all."

He looked up at the sky, hearing the cry of a huge, powerful eagle-like bird thrust through the air far above them out towards the horizon.

____

Allestra narrowed one eye at him, but remained at his side. The stairs took up her vision, and she knew this was going to be killer, but being in good shape from jumping roof top to roof top, Allestra was in better shape then most in this kind of cardio workout. However strap down armor on her back, along with heavy weapons, that was another story. Though this stair way was going to be a challenge no matter how good of shape one was in.

He spoke to her of what people will see them as. "Then you should of thought of that before you said we were lovers." They were alone for the moment, and away from prying ears. Aside for the man who came in here with them. They started their hike. "I will repay you as I see fit, I owe you, and my honer went out the window the night my adopted family was murdered before my eyes." Though her eyes showed differently, there was so much hate there. Allestra had more honer then most, she would just not admit it. And he was right, she would do anything he told her, and that alone made her even more mad.

"You can try. I don't think you would want to take a woman unwilling, unless you yourself have no honer. The last time that happened. I took a few fingers. Using that sword will become more difficult I would presume." She said as the Giant Eagle flew over. She became silent until he would speak to her again. She did owe him, and she was stupid enough to let him have one on her. She should of hopped the guards location, she looked back over her shoulder, and there was no possible way from this side, perhaps on the other side of the mountain. How long would it take her to hike up that side? Ehh. She hated the situation she was in now, and there was little way of safe escape after the deed would be done. She now would have the death of this man, this hero of the masses on her shoulders if she was caught.

Then she had better not get caught then.

____

"Ha. You needn't worry," Wulfsige assured her as the magnificent structure grew closer. "It is beyond my capacity to rape and what I said was simply a little test to see your reaction. I also have little interest in you; I'm a man who doesn't understand or feel particularly comfortable with the concept of romantic love, or physical sex. Perhaps when the time comes I'll have a wife and love her in my own way and perhaps we will even have children, but I have more interest in the axe than in the heart. Women, men, beasts - I don't seem to have desire like others do."

He paused for a moment, one boot two steps above the other, in order to watch a squadron of guardsmen making their way back down towards the wall. He saw slight apprehension in their faces at the sight of a noble Jehan pausing in order to watch them without sound; apprehension that told him almost all he needed to know. Once they had passed he continued climbing and cleared his throat in order to speak again.

"Just a warning, Zianna," he told her with a low voice: "You enter a meet where eight out of ten of those present have lost family members to a sword, axe or knife. Ragnarok is still fresh in our minds, remember. I'm comparably young and still I remember it; I fought in it. Would you say all of them have no honour?"

He laughed a little, then pushed onwards to finish the journey.

____

Allestra looked up at him threw her hair, and eyelashes. She shook her head as he spoke of a life without love. "You wont here me looking anytime soon. Or ever." She said, as they passed each step, and like he, turned and watched the guards make their way past. She did not miss the looks on their faces. She raised an eyebrow in wonder, then shrugged. It was not her problem.

"There not the only ones indeed. I do remember the war. I was in it as well, and I have seen your skill in the dance with death. I was impressed." She said, and smirked climbing the stairs having to take one at a time, due to her lack in height. "I don't know what that comment had anything to do with me. You seem to think you know me, but you know nothing about me. You do not need to remind me of darker times. They are done, and not coming back. So move on." She said, and continued to climb. She was going to have to get used to being called Zianna. Rolling her eyes at the situation she found herself in.

Changing the subject she asked. "So who is the guy your escorting? He seems quite. If we are going to have to act the part. I might as well know a bit more about who you are, and those around you?" She asked.

____

"That's because he is quiet," replied Wulfsige, glancing back behind him down towards the gate at the bottom. "He lost his tongue because of the amount of sensitive information he knows. It wouldn't stop him from letting those things be known if he wished them to; apparently he offered his tongue as a sign of loyalty, though I doubt the validity of that idea. Anyway, he won't be joining us yet. He's waiting at the gate for a while."

During all the speaking, Wulfsige had barely noticed how quickly the temple-fortress had crept up on them. It was absolutely huge; even looking straight up he struggled to see the top. The final few steps went by with him being silent, until the grand metal doors that stood several storeys high were pushed open for the pair from the inside by twenty strong, Jehan warriors. The creaking of the structure was more like a booming from where Wulfsige stood; it impressed him.

Soon, several guards came out to greet them. Immediately, Wulfsige showed his pass. "Wulfsige Icesworn - this is my future wife, Zianna. Please have quarters prepared for us. We are tired after the journey."

"Of course, my Lord and Lady," the strongest and most professional looking of the guards replied. Wulfsige assumed he was some sort of captain, but that didn't stop him from ordering the man around.

As the guards moved off to carry out their request, Wulfsige took Zianna's arm for appearance sake and led her into the magnificence of the main hall.

____

Allestra looked to Wulfsige as he spoke of the man. She was impressed that the man would take his own tongue, but as he said. There was other way's to communicate what he knew. They finally made their way to the main floor. The door was a feat She looked out at the vast view, then tensed as the guards came running up. Wulfsige, ordered them around as if old habit, and they ran off to do his bidding. She wondered what power this man held?

Taking his arm, Allestra pushed her shoulders back, held her head tall, and walked in as if she was meant to be on his arm. She did not have that glow of loving the man like some women would have, but she flowed at his side. She was still getting use to the false idea of being this man bride to be. The thought itself nearly made her chuckle, she would never be that lucky to of fond a match. Her ideas of love, and anything romantic went out the window that night her family was murdered, and.. Shaking her head, Allestra looked onward. She had to play the part, for at least now.

Upon entering the main hall, she took in each exit, and each person in stride. Allestra located the weapons on all the warriors, and Shamans that were in twelve yards from her. To the rest of the world, she was looking to each person, and giving them a charming smile. It did not look like she was sizing them up. Granted. She was sure they were doing much the same, but not nearly as much with her, but the man who held her arm. Most all of them were looking at Wulfsige, and sizing him up like a true worrier he was. Which suited her find all the same.

The less likely anyone thought her as a threat, the better.

____

Wulfsige led Allestra into the grand chamber, keeping her meticulously close as he greeted those who greeted him first and kissed the hands of the women who offered them to him. Those few who knew him in the outside world were surprised, even jealous, that he had found a bride-to-be. Wulfsige found himself enjoying the jealousy aimed towards him, though he would never admit it.

He led her further into the grand room of the temple. It was huge and circular, with a roaring fire and spit in the very centre that was so large it bathed the entire room in light without the need for torch-stands; though torches were lit along the walls anyway. Around the edges of the centre circle rose around it layers of stone, forming what could be construed as stairs, until they reached under the stone statues of heroes past that lined the walls of the building.

"Look, it's the High Shaman," Wulfsige pointed out in barely a whisper, as he peered up towards a balcony and stand high above the central floor. On this balcony, the elderly man, robed and flanked by two powerful guards, stood proud and cleared his throat to address the room. Immediately, all the chatter silenced and all the chieftains and their companions looked towards him with respect.

"Leaders of Jeha," spoke the First Shaman, clearing his throat in the meanwhile. "A feast will begin soon, after which I urge you all to return to your rooms and rest. Tomorrow eve we shall feast again and once the last of the plates have been cleared, the moot shall officially begin."

There was a slight cheer, though most remained silent. Wulfsige watched as the shaman disappeared from the balcony and found himself shrugging. "That's a longer wait than I'd like," he murmured, peering at Allestra to see her reaction. "I assume you will be joining me for the wait?"

____

Allestra looked about and was greeted in turn as the woman to wed the great warrior. She could see some women were not thrilled with the news. Some eyed her with distaste, she simply gave a smile, and ignored their attempts at getting to her. The men were kind, and respectful, she had never had her hand kissed by so many men it was unnerving. She was clearly out of her realm of comfort, usually she was the one in the background being unnoticed.

Wulfsige, brought her back from her thoughts. He brought his face in close to her, though she felt chills down her spin as he spoke, Allestra looked upon her target. She looked to the guards, then looked to the ones who watched those who were watching the High Shaman. She picked out three in the shadows, two along the people. She heard the words of the High Shaman, and her eyes returned to him. She knew what she was up against, and could see that she was in for a lot of work, timing, and most of all... Luck.

The cheer went out, though she remained silent, and ever watchful. Wulfsige, spoke again, and she looked to him. She only smirked a his comment, and snaked her arm threw his. "More so then you would please I am sure, though..." Allestra leaned in, and whispered into his ear softly. Her warm soft breath graced his ear, her lips just touching his flesh. "You have said you have no use for such desires if my memory serves me?" Allestra said, and pulled her head away from her 'Husband to be' ear... Though inside, she was terrified at the idea. It did distract her from her task at hand, and did miss a very crucial point in her plan she was making. A hidden guard... She would have to assess things tonight, before the Moot, and before she had no way out of her situation. She was dead either way, and that thought, brought about a frown.

Mortality had stopped being an issue after the murder of her adopted family, and the... Events that took place in the capture of the man she removed the fingers from. His face remained blank in her memory, each time it would enter her view, it would vanish. He had cast a spell upon her that he would be blind to who he really was, though what she did to mark him would remain in her mind forever. Why now do these memories plague her mind? Her eyes were laden with slight sadness, and even more so. A hate. Though in what felt like a life time, it only lasted a moment in time, and her expression went back to that of a Blushing bride to be.

For the rest of the time, up until the meal was to be served, Allestra played her part, though she did so well, she was looking for a weakness in the movements of the two guards at the Shamans' side. She had found but one. They were assuming, though rightfully so. However, when the Shaman was facing the crowed and speaking, they left their backs open, and they were watching the crowd, and always their movements with their eyes seemed to move the same direction each time. However, having to strike during his speeches may be the death of her. She had time yet. To recon during the night, when all were in their chambers sleeping. She would venture into the shadows where her skills were nearly next t

____

Soon the feast began. A small army of loyal servants and attendees carried out piles of food; cooked, exotic fruits and huge beasts roasted over a spit and carved into large, chunky sections to be given out to those who were present. As the fires roared, people began to take their seats on one of the many long-tables set up in the centre of the temple floor.

"You know, perhaps when we have our privacy you should tell me what you're here to do," Wulfsige mused her, as he sat down by her side at the end of one of the tables and found, for each of those present, there was food for four. The tables were so filled with all sorts of delicacies and mead that Wulfsige barely knew where to start, so he began to blindly pile onto his plate through hunger and filled his flagon through thirst.

For a Jehan, Wulfsige ate rather politely. Which is to say not politely at all, but such were the troubled times in which they lived. There was no need for table manners when death stalked every corner and shadow. "They have a room set up for the two of us, I believe. I assume you'll be sneaking out tonight, yes?" He asked, in a tone that was half-joke and half-earnest. "Or will you be unable to pry yourself from my presence long enough to do... Whatever it is you're here to do?"

____

Allestra sat and ate in much the same manor though she had not eaten much in the past few days due to her quick travels. She was able to quench her thirst, and her belly felt full as they ate. She nearly had half of what the normal portions were, mostly do to her much smaller size. All in all, Allestra had Never seen this much food before. Her eyes were wide for a moment, then she dug in. Wulfsige spoke to her, and she looked up from a mouthful of food. He knew she was here for something unlawful, and guessed at her thoughts for the night. She cleared her pallet, and took a small sip of the spirit in front of her. "Perhaps, but not likely." She said, and took a bite of a piece of fruit to cleanse her pallet. Allestra shook her head.

"I am not sure. Most likely, but what will you do about it?" She asked, taking another sip of the mead. It had a good flavor, but she did not have more then her one glass. She had a job to scout out, or if she got lucky, pull off. But she did not drink that one glass quickly at all. The small sips were mostly for show, and she made the one glass last a while. "Again, it will all depend on you Lord Wulfsige. It would seem you have it in your mind that I am up to something. I guess it all will depend on the remainder of the evening. But it seems you have already figured out something."

____

"Well obviously you're up to something," Wulfsige replied, as though such a fact was as clear as as the food in front of his eyes. "I'm just curious as to what that something could be. Most likely, a spy or a thief, I'd say. Quite a long journey and an incredibly dangerous one for thievery, so either the haul is incredibly valuable or spying is more likely. Then again, if you were spying you would have moved away from me by now in order to listen to the others. I highly doubt I am your target here, since my clan's holdings are rather insignificant truth be told and we have few quarrels with any who would go to such lengths for information so worthless."

He smirked, but made sure to keep his voice down so as not to alert the others. He flicked one of the horns that crowned his head and then took another drink. "And there are easier ways to kill someone. Unless that someone never leaves this mountain."

He wouldn't say anything more. He had no proof or true reason to care or even be suspicious beyond a lingering, gut feeling festering deep within his mind.

____

Allestra replied with a raise of an eyebrow at his first comment, then as he started to deduce on his own aloud what she was up to, Allestra only eyed him. "You are not my target, then again, I could be telling you this just to keep your guard down. So you will just have to be guessing as to what I am here to do." She said, and looked up at him, setting her goblet down. However keeping an eye on it, and her voice still remained quite as can be.

"And you know as well as I know, information no matter how insignificant is information that someone may want to pay highly for." Allestra pointed out, still not giving him a straight answer. Then he flicked his horn, she raised an eyebrow at this, and he guessed her true meaning, though she again only shrugged. "I could be after a hansom man to marry." She said and looked over the crowd. Her eyes stilled on a few nobles, she glanced past her intended target, and moved her eyes back to him. He seemed for now to be happy with his thoughts, but it would seem the man was not giving up in his feelings towards why she is here. However..

"Why do what you do at the gate. If you feel that my ill is will towards someone here, then you could of easily just let me struggle with the guard." She pointed out, and was still unsure as to what his true motives where. She was not used to someone giving anything for free. He did say he had no carnal need in her, but he was male after all.

____

"I did what I did because someone brave or stupid enough to try and break into the largest moot gathering in a hundred years is almost guaranteed to have a set of skills worth acquiring. Especially in a place like this, where everything could be treacherous. Even this wine, which I hold now in my hand, could have been poisoned by a servant of the Shaman in return for a few carefully slipped coins."

He drank from the goblet anyway; huge gulps of liquid until the drink was no more. When he finished, he caught his breath and leaned back in his chair, pondering how to get to his point in the best way he could. He didn't lower his voice, because they were far away enough from the others that they couldn't possibly hear them over the sound of voracious laughter and conversation.

"You're someone I could use, if I ever do need to use you."

____

Knowing the lengths that their people would go against each other, and how easily it could be done were both something Allestra knew better then most. He complimented her skill, but had not seen much of anything she was capable of doing, though she knew and had seen this man in battle. She let him to his thoughts as he drank his drink dry, and watched him as he leaned back. He then spoke blatantly, and loud enough for her to hear over the goings on. She smirked at him, and she wondered why he would say such a thing.

"Why? What is it that I could provide for you here. I have my mission, and I will see to it's end. Weather it be information, or a head. I will not let you, or anyone here get in my way. That being said, I don't think you would care to have my services, or skills." She said, and took a deeper sip of wine. Not caring if it was poisoned or not.

Allestra studied the warrior in front of her. She wondered why he was here, and to what end. This was a moot after all, and his presence could mean a few things. One, he was here to kill, two he was here to protect. His honer could mean it would be either. Someone had wronged him in his life, the other he was here to protect with his own life someone of great power her. She glanced over to the High Shaman, and wondered at the situation the Gods had put her in.

The thought of the Gods caused her to smirk. They had left her long ago when her adopted family was killed and when that creature of a man had done to her what he had done. Her eyes went back over to Wulfsige. "What is your play here. What do you want from me, that I could give you?"

____

"I've already explained myself, my lady. There's nothing else worth saying except for the fact that what I want from you depends entirely on what happens in the next few hours."

Wulfsige didn't eat much, he merely ate until his stomach no longer growled and then stood from the table. "If you'll excuse me, lady Zianna. I have some business to attend to," he revealed as he pushed the chair back under the table and carefully kissed her hand. With that done, he stood back, turned and then made his way out of the main chamber. He quickly greeted and spoke to several of the other nobles as he left the feast, but mostly found himself trying to leave as quickly as possible.

"Lord Wulfsige, may I have a word?" Spoke one huge man, his beard long and bushy.

"No," Wulfsige replied. He cared little for formalities in that situation; strange considering how politely he had been acting the rest of the evening.

Without another word, he began making his way back to the guest rooms.

____

Allestra raised an eyebrow at him, and no sooner then that he stood, kissed her hand, and declared he was leaving. This made the Rogue curious and she could not hide the look of curiosity in her expression. She watched him leave, and was wondering what was up his sleeve. So she gave chase in a very polite manor. She moved threw the crowd quickly, and politely. Finally she exited the great hall, and looked around seeing his form heading towards the guest chambers. So she followed on. There were not many people if any in this area, most were all in the great hall for dinning. There were few guards in this area, so moving about unseen at a late hour might not be any trouble at all.

Her movements were hard to hear, and her feet made no noise as she moved. Her clothing on the other hand was loose, and had very little in regards to cover. But she made do with what she had at the time. Her things were already taken to their room, so she could not likely change. Granted.. There was little that she brought due to the lack of 'formal' attire she actually had. On her travels she had acquired clothing to suit her needs as the part she was playing, but only one set of cloths for what she was meant to do here.

Rounding the corner, she caught site of Wulfsige. She retreated back a step, and listened to which direction he was going to go next.

____

Wulfsige opened one of the wooden doors along a stone hallway and stepped inside. A feverish symptom seemed to be surfacing in him, for his head burned when he touched it with the back of his hand. He smirked, fully aware what was happening to him. He had felt this illness before; this creeping death that fought to take his life. One day, it might even succeed, but until then it was nothing more than a nuisance.

A nuisance exacerbated by the wine he had ingested at the feast, no doubt. Stepping around the bed towards where the stone bath had been carved into the floor, Wulfsige stripped from the waste up and plunged into the water. The lukewarm water was being heated by the mountain itself; a temperature that could be changed by removing stone slabs from the bottom as wanted. However, in his current condition the water felt freezing and as he surfaced he shivered something fierce. He took a bucket and filled it, standing up as he poured it again over his face.

The water would help with the pain, but not with what his instincts told him. He called out into the dark, not truly aware if he had been followed... But knowing that if he sounded like he knew, she would answer him if she had.

"Did you follow me, Zianna?"

____

Allestra walked up and into the bathing room. She saw the scattered clothing, and took note of his hansom, and well built form. She was female after all. She however, could see that he was uncomfortable, and even... In pain? His body shook, and she suddenly felt the need to help him, but as she approached the water, Allestra came to a stand still. Her feet were just outside of the lapping water. "Yes. I was not sure as to why you left in such a way, and as a concern bride to be, I figured I should check on you." She said using the engagement as an excuse, though now she was quite worried about the stranger before her.

"What ales you Wulfsige." Then his words of poison and intrigue caused her to take the fateful steps closer to him, and into the water. She moved threw the water though she had to swim slightly. Being shorter in stature, if she stood in the center, it would come up to chest level. She approached him, then realized her error. She had shown that she could care for something, other then herself that is. Allestra backed away slightly. "You should get dry, this water is not going to help that chill you have." She said, and tried to back a little further away, not sure if she wanted to be in this situation.

She was a good enough swimmer, but he could easily over power her, and she did not trust any male to begin with. Especially one as large as Wulfsige. Her gown was not much to begin with, and it would hug her form even more so now that it was wet.

____

"Get out of the water," he told her, not as an order but as a gift of permission. She was clearly uncomfortable in the situation she mindlessly put herself in and he wasn't too fond of it either. "The water soothes muscle pain and will help to lower my fever. I do not require aid, just time."

He told the assassin nothing more about his illness and sat himself down on one of the underwater benches near the shallow edge and lay his head back against the side of the pool. "Go back to the feast, or go and do what you came to do. Anything but stay here."

____

"As you wish." She said, when Wulfsige gave her leave. His anger with his condition evident, and it was clear that this man was not use to any form of weakness. Giving him a nod, Allestra moved herself from the pool, and walked from the room. She changed, but remained in the guest room. She thought about her options, and knew she had to figure a way to get close to the High Shaman. She knew very little about the man, mostly because he was always here, high in this very mountain. Allestra chose to wait until the fests end, and she would go and find what she needed to know. She needed to come up with an escape plan, then if then she would not show her face. To anyone. She would be alone, but it would be better then being dead. Her contract most likely will try to have her killed.

Her clothing was rather tightly fit, but covered her gray body. She attached her weapons, and would be moving out soon. Allestra hated to wait, but knew patients was everything. Looking back to the chamber where she could here Wulfsige trying to help his body. His condition concerned her, that that alone confused her. Why the hell should she care about this man? Sure she owed him a way into the moot, but that was pretty much about it. If she was caught he would also be punished for her crimes. He took a risk with her, and that was something not many had done for her in the past.

Turning away, from the pool room. Allestra folded her arms and let the layout of the mountain, from what she had seen flow in her mind. She would have to be unseen, and that was something she was dam good at.

Back