Karma - A Yandere High School Story

AmatsuOtaku

Professional fanboy
In a small town somewhere lived a girl named Saki Akare. For the past six years, grades 5-10, she's been relentlessly bullied by her peers. The exact reason is unknown, but it's ensured that she never had many friends throughout all of junior high and high school. Her mother - a single parent struggling to raise two children after their father died in a car wreck the previous year - never pulled her out of school because they couldn't afford to homeschool.

Now, with her already destroyed reputation and deteriorating mental health, she begins the eleventh grade. The year starts off terribly, with her grades plummeting and everyone seemingly determined to make her life miserable. Of course, that in itself is just a delusion...

Our story begins on the first day of a new semester. The first bell has just rung for homeroom. Saki just found her classroom, and to her dismay, everyone she knew from the previous year was there. The guy she'd liked for years and their girlfriend she hated, some other students she sort of recognized, and the notorious bully Miyuki. Saki sat down in the very back row in the far corner, hoping she'd be ignored by everyone. If they weren't ignoring her, they were usually being mean to her, and she didn't want that.

Here's where the rest of you come in. Anyone who has a character, feel free to jump into the scene whenever you feel it's a good time.

Kai walked into class, his hand in Ichika's, ready for the new semester. she smiled at Miyuki (who had been pretty nice too him despite everyone telling him she was a horrible bully) and sat next too Akari, his close friend.

((sorry my paragraphs are usually pretty short))

Last edited:
Miyuki noticed Saki sitting in the corner of the classroom. That girl had a way of sneaking around. She decided to leave her alone for now, since homeroom would begin soon, but she would catch up to her later. Per Miyuki's request, she was placed in around half of the same classes as Saki. She had to lie to her dad, telling him that they were friends and hadn't seen each other all summer long, but it would be worth it. Everyone would blame Saki for bringing the class average down instead of her, since that idiot never studied and would surely fail every assignment.

Who cared if she had the second lowest grades? People would only notice the absolute lowest: Saki. Always Saki. It was a miracle she passed the tenth grade...

Akari could barely contain her excitement. It was the start of a new school year, and she couldn't wait. She grinned at Kai and shuffled her feet on the floor restlessly, desperate to get started.
"Hey," she whispered at Kai, "You want one?" She held out a homemade toffee wrapped in some colourful wax paper, before reaching into her backpack and rummaging for another one. She popped it into her mouth and smiled, starting off the school year just as she always did.

Akari could barely contain her excitement. It was the start of a new school year, and she couldn't wait. She grinned at Aki and shuffled her feet on the floor restlessly, desperate to get started.
"Hey," she whispered at Aki, "You want one?" She held out a homemade toffee wrapped in some colourful wax paper, before reaching into her backpack and rummaging for another one. She popped it into her mouth and smiled, starting off the school year just as she always did.
((sorry I messed up the name and edited lol))

"Sure!" Kai took the toffee and placed it in his mouth. "Oh my gosh where did you get these?" his eyes widened.

She laughed. "I made them! I have this really specific combination of ingredients to make them just right! Want some more?" She held out her hand, which contained four more of the sweets.

"you made them?" he gaped. "Your a genius." He laughed, taking another piece and putting it in his bag for later.

Akari smiled. "Thanks! Does Ichika want any? I've got tons to spare." She looked around the room before standing up and placing one down on each desk, including those of people she didn't know very well, like Saki.

Saki ignores everything going on around her, lost in her thoughts.

The bell rang for homeroom to begin. The teacher entered the classroom and waited for everyone to settle down before taking attendance. They pause when they reach Saki's name, dying a little inside because they're now stuck with that student.
Sigh. "Saki Akare?"

The change in the classroom's atmosphere is immediate. Everybody knows Saki. At least, they've heard her name thrown around, rumors whispered about the girl and how crazy she is.
Sure enough, Saki's distracted and doesn't answer.

Before the teacher can mark her absent, Miyuki speaks up.
"She's here, ma'am. She just never answers when her name is called."
A few other students snicker and make similar comments.

The teacher gives them all a stern look and moves on. She quickly finishes taking attendance and says to the class, "Alright, students. Since it's your first day you don't have any assignments yet. You may talk quietly amongst yourselves and move around to see your friends, but if I catch any of you acting up everyone's going back to their seats."

She immediately started babbling. "So who wants some snacks for later? I've got cookies, cupcakes, toffees, boiled sweets-" She stopped talking when she was interrupted, but still silently piled all her goodies into a box labelled "FREE FOOD" and put it onto an empty desk.

(I apologize in advance, but I can never seem to keep my past and present tense separate so it'll change a lot. It shouldn't really affect the story though)

Saki pulls a notebook out of her bag and starts writing. She's writing in Japanese symbols, that would make no sense to non-Japanese speakers, but when translated... it also makes no sense. She writes down her thoughts as they come to her head, showing just how distorted her perception of reality actually is. At some points it seems as if she's talking to someone else entirely.

Miyuki walks over and snatches the notebook out of her hands.
"What's this?" she sneered, "your diary?" She looked at what Saki was writing. "What the heck is this?"
Saki doesn't respond.
Miyuki waves the notebook around and calls out, "Hey! Can anybody read whatever language this is?"

"I can't read it, but I wouldn't if I could. It's probably pretty personal if she wrote it in another language. Or just language practise but that's less likely. Either way, you should probably stop that, Miyuki." Akari said somewhat timidly.

Miyuki rolls her eyes. "Fine. The idiot can keep her secrets, then..." She roughly flings the notebook back onto Saki's desk and storms off back to her own desk.

Saki just picks up her pen and goes back to writing, though she does seem to be pressing down pretty hard with the pen. Occasionally the words turn into random symbols or small doodles before turning back into words. There's no buffer, or clear boundary between words and images, as she freely flows between them with her nonsensical thoughts.

Miyuki pulls out her phone and starts updating all her socials because she has nothing better to do and the teacher doesn't seem to care.

First day of the semester and Yew was once again late. Does he care? Yes! This was his first day to a school he just transferred in. Making his was to the school, he bowed in apology to the teacher standing with a wooden ruler in his hand before power walking towards the room he was assigned in. Peeking through the door, he worried his lower lip. Now, how was he going to sneak in?

"Let's finish this quickly," he muttered before moving to the door located at the back of the class. Turning the knob, the black-haired male went on all fours and started crawling to an empty seat. Popping on his seat, he finally had the time to look around.

Akari jumped up and grinned at Yew, "Hey, you want some snacks? There's a whole box of them there. I made them by the way. Oh, and I'm Akari Hamasaki. What's your name?"

Last edited:
Back