Karma - A Yandere High School Story

Ichika had watched the bullying interaction and finally approached when Kiyomi and Chou left. Sure she was the popular girl, but she could never do well with any kind of bully, mainly due to courage, so she would never be able to help with that kind of thing, "Hiya, guys! What's going on over here?"

"Sure! Where could we go, though?" Ichika smiled and inquired, taking a glance at Saki, but other than that, not paying her any mind.

"We could see a movie...? but if there's nothing on then we could go to the park or something," he tilted his head.

"Sounds like a plan! Then I'll see you!" Unfortunately, Ichika hadn't gotten any classes with Kai, but she supposed she could make do. With that, she turned and walked away quickly, smiling cheerfully.

Watching this interaction, Saki's mood quickly plummeted back to her usual feeling of despair. Her expression returned to the blank, distant stare.

She had the same first period class as Kai. Without another word to anyone, she turned and walked down the hallway, in the opposite direction of her classroom. There was an empty classroom near the gymnasium where she would often go to hide, skipping class on a regular basis.

Akari felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, so she dashed to the bathroom to take see who was calling her. She was delighted to see that it was her long-distance girlfriend, Koharu.
"Hi!" She said brightly, glad to hear her voice after such a long time, "How are things with you? We haven't talked in aaaaaggess-"
"
Akari, listen. That's why I'm calling you. This- this relationship isn't going anywhere, and I don't think it's gonna work out. I'm sorry."
"Wha-what? But, Koharu-"
"I'm sorry, Ari. Goodbye."
Akari felt tears slipping down her cheeks as she lowered her phone and put it away. She had never really thought about where their relationship was going, she was just having fun. 'I guess she didn't feel the same then, huh," she thought. Suddenly, she remembered where she was. She had a class to get to! She swiftly wiped away her tears and left the bathroom, trying to pull herself together.

Last edited:
(Okay so here's where Saki's part of the story will start getting somewhat disturbing. She does self-harm and is suicidal, I'm warning you now.)

Saki entered the dark empty classroom and sat down in a corner. She didn't care if her uniform got dirty. Her phone chimed, indicating a message or notification. She ignored it, leaving it unread like hundreds of others.

She rolled up her left sleeve - she always wore shirts with long sleeves - revealing a mess of small cuts on her arm. A voice in her head told her to, so she pulled out a small (but sharp) pocket knife. The physical pain was a distraction from the emotional pain she was always in, so she listened to the voices that were encouraging her to do it. She cut a little deeper this time, and a few drops of blood trickled out. They dripped onto the floor, in that pretty crimson color that distracted Saki for a moment.

"How would it feel if you stabbed yourself?" One of the voices spoke up suddenly.
Saki responded in Japanese (translated here), "That's no good. It would hurt a lot more. I don't want to do that."
Another voice chimed in, "A tiny little blade like that couldn't kill you anyway, so why bother trying?"
"Demons... Leave me alone..." Saki mumbled.

All at once, all the voices started screaming at her. It made her head hurt.
"Stop it, please..." Saki burst into tears, covering her ears but to no avail, it was all inside her head anyway. She dropped the knife and drew her knees up to her chest, curling up into a little ball on the bare floor.

She ran down the hall, catching up with Kai. "Hey," she panted, "Wait, did you hear that? It was a sort of clatter, and some heavy breathing? Like, someone dropped something on their foot or something?"

"Hm. Okay.." She said, not convinced. "Hang on, I need to look for a book I lost the other day. I'll just, uh, check in the classrooms." Normally, she would've brushed it off, but now that she was aware of the kind of bullying that happened at this school, she had to do something. She ran in and out of classrooms, searching for where the sound came from., and, as she dashed out of the third or fourth classroom, she spotted something out of the corner of her eye, something she'd almost missed. Or rather, someone. Her hand shot to her mouth as she saw Saki, curled up in the corner of the room, sobbing. The things that shocked Akari the most, though, were the bloody knife on the floor and the cuts criss-crossing up the girl's arm, some of them fresher than others. 'How long has she been doing this?!' She wondered, looking at the faintest of the scars. "Saki-" She offered her hand out and stepped closer.

Saki doesn't seem to notice her at first, whispering something like "make it stop" over and over in English. The voices still haven't stopped, making it extremely difficult for her to focus on anything besides the pain and the screaming only she seemed to hear.

Her illness has gotten much worse over the past few years due to going untreated for so long. She really should be on medication, both for schizophrenia symptoms and depression, but her mother (a single parent supporting two kids) can't afford it. It also doesn't help that she's constantly bullied and has no friends to talk to. She's incapable of maintaining a coherent conversation for more than a few sentences, always getting distracted or talking to people that aren't there, and she doesn't trust anyone.

She's not even classified as a special needs student. Her mother never took her to be evaluated, so she wasn't diagnosed with any mental disorders. This ensured that she could never interact with people normally, could never really make friends, and failed so many assignments she almost got held back multiple times. None of the teacher like her since she's "difficult" to deal with and "has an attitude", which is really just her lack of social skills causing her to come off as ignorant or blunt.

Nobody even noticed she was hurting herself until now. Nobody actually cared enough to notice.

Kai followed Akari too the classroom and peeked his head around the door. He could see Akari trying too comfort Saki who had her head in her hands, mumbling. He got a little closer and what he saw made him feel like puking.
Was that blood? and... A knife?
"Whats going on? why is there a knife in here!" He stumbled back.

Saki somehow heard Kai's voice and looked up. Upon seeing his horrified face, she was hit with a fresh wave of sadness. She hid her face again as she started sobbing twice as hard as before.

"S-shinitai..." she said out loud, a Japanese phrase that speakers of the language would recognize as translating to "I want to die". She said a few more things along those lines, in Japanese as well...

Again, the voices in her head responded.

"It's not worth living like this."
"He'll hate you. Kai-senpai will hate you after seeing this."
"Why don't you kill yourself, then?"

Saki stopped crying as much, instead listening to what the voices had to say. She agreed with them, for once. Wouldn't it be better for everyone if she just died..?

((golly gosh wowsers trousers))
Kai took a deep breath and went closer. "You don't need too cry, just tell us what's been going on," He looked at her with kind eyes, hiding his fear.

"You don't deserve him," one of the voices whispered to her.
"You'll never get senpai to love you. Nobody loves you," another chimed in.

Saki shook her head, not fully understanding what he was asking and also being too afraid to speak. She always froze up when people tried to talk to her, possibly due to anxiety.

When she shook her head, Kai tilted his. "You don't want too tell us?" He looked at her arm and the bloody knife. "I just... don't want anyone too be in danger."

To their surprise, she actually replied in mostly proper English.

"It was over for me a long time ago. When dad never came back..."

Her father died years ago in a car wreck. It would seem Saki still doesn't fully understand that. She appears to be sort of naive, with the mentality of a child at times. This would be because of all the bullying never allowing her any social interaction. She doesn't understand a lot of things, and is afraid of what she doesn't understand. It would be kind of cute if it weren't so tragic...

"he... what?" Kai's eyes widened. "Actually don't answer that, I don't wanna know." he looked away before his eyes met the knife again. "This is yours? it shouldn't be at school," He hesitantly picked it up. "I'll... dispose of it,"

Saki doesn't care about the knife being taken, seeing as nothing had any value to her anyway. A few of the more recent cuts on her arm are still bleeding a little. Underneath her other sleeve was the same thing; lots of scars and small half-healed wounds. She didn't even seem to feel the pain from them.

"You all hate me too, don't you?" she said quietly, "just like all the other monsters..."

She views people as untrustworthy and sadistic, because everyone she met until then had been that way. She also hallucinated people being monsters and demons etc. all the time, seeing most people as dark, evil shadows.

At this point there's no denying that there's something seriously wrong with her.

Back