Kenża's Characters

KenżaSheep

That's nice. Put it back.
Name: Kitty Thompson

Race: Human

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Kitty is usually a very un-serious, friendly, bubbly person often looking on the bright side of life. She loves to ask questions and not knowing something will get under her skin very quickly, more often than not causing her instigation of various reckless ventures as she searches for a reason. The girl is an opportunist, taking her chances with plenty of dangerous stunts before the fear finally settles in and she begins to rethink. That said, she is extremely practical and prefers knowing at least a small bit about something before accepting, that way she's not completely unprepared.

Appearance: If it wasn't for her constant aura of curiosity, Kitty might have been any other average person. After all, 5'4" isn't much to brag about, and her attire—a short-sleeved shirt and a pair of blue jeans—doesn't happen to be all that unique, save the mint-green jacket she's almost never seen without. Fortunately, her carefree posture and generally cheery disposition seems to belittle the simplistic nature of her clothing choices.

Kitty's wide, round eyes are always full of curious excitement, sparkling with laughter no matter what the circumstance; two innocent cocoa drops to contrast the rosy tint of her cheeks and dimpled smile. Her hair is a thick, dark-brown mess of curls, falling rather aimlessly around her face and back, and Kitty is frequently seen tucking stray strands behind her ears—a habit she's never broken and why she stubbornly refuses to put her hair up, despite knowing that doing so would further enhance the beauty of her round facial shape and high cheekbones.

Her hands and complexion are tan from being out in the sunshine, but it's stark contrast to her bare arms should she take her jacket off and reveal them. On her collarbone, a place easily unnoticed by a simple stranger, lies a scar from a previous adventure; CMC, three letters commonly assumed to be a strange Roman numeral for 1,000. She closely guards their origin and often avoids speaking of it. Another strange scar she rarely speaks of is what appears to have been two puncture wounds on the fleshy back of her thumb—not unlike those of a vampire bite.

Items: Hiding tucked in her belt is a small dagger she's named Akyr, meaning "borrowed" in another language. Depending on if she's moving from one place to another, you may find her with a sullen-brown rope-sling bag holding on to her few belongings: a sketchbook and pencil, (the latter of which may possibly be found behind her ear or mixed into her hair someplace,) a book or two, spare clothes, (if they fit in her bag; frequently they do not,) amenities for daily life, and possibly some added knickknacks she's picked up along the way.

Enchantments: On her wrist lies a small heart-shaped pendant, enchanted with an interesting ability. If someone is haggling with Kitty and speaks a specific price, the bracelet allows her to pull the spoken amount out of her pocket. Of course, larger amounts require larger pockets, and it only works if she is purchasing something. Someone cannot simply speak a price and she retrieve it; in the same manner, if the price is deathly outrageous for the item (e.g. an ordinary pebble for several thousand coins) it won't work.

Facts:
  • Kitty is (a fictional variant of) monochromatic colorblind, with the exception that she can see greens.​
  • Her will may be strong, causing a very large amount of unwavering stubbornness under the right circumstances, but her mind is weak, allowing her to be rather easily persuaded with use of hypnotism or other magic suggestive techniques.​
  • In one instance, she spent some time as a vampire, though has since been redeemed from that fate.​

((My friend is an artist, so these drawings of Kitty are hers.))
View attachment 5602View attachment 5603View attachment 5600View attachment 5601

Last edited:
((This one's still a work in progress, but I've got it up so I can use the character :3))

Name: Zéros

Race: Escrä

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality:
His personality is very much that of a devil's advocate, and his usual conversation leans towards underhandedly (and openly) mocking people he dislikes (which is just about everyone). In his defense, his personality is like that because he doesn't want anyone getting too close.

It should be noted that asking him to go away (once or twice) will often succeed in winning a good while of silence. ((He's also a good OC to take out one's anger upon because he's essentially immortal [but not really; he's good at using his abilities for evasion, having so many people wanting him dead].))

When he's not undermining others, he's usually observing them quietly due to "having nothing better to do" and "nowhere better to be," frequently resulting in him tagging along with a party for no valid reason.
((WIP))

Appearance: The first thing to tip off that Zéros is less that human usually ends up being his scales. Smaller ones are arranged on the back and sides of his neck, his stomach, and his hands and ankles. Larger scales are pressed against the small of his back and on the backs of his fingers, forming a natural gauntlet. On his right hand is an interesting-looking bracelet; thin chains weaving their way through a few of his fingers and attaching themselves to a steel ring nestled on his wrist. Most see that, too, as a statement of his odd fashion, but it's actually a curse preventing some of his racial abilities from working.
((WIP))

Abilities:
  • Invisibility
  • Temporary intangibility (unless invisible)
  • Ageless
  • Flight/wings (restricted due to bracelet)
  • Dragon form (restricted due to bracelet) and a human form
  • Telepath (only works with one person at a time; more details on-request due to WIP)
  • He has the ability to read, translate, and speak pretty much any language, even with no prior knowledge of it.
  • Mild illusions (appear as real and can be touched, but cannot be felt or do any real damage)
  • His breath can occasionally cause things to catch fire, but it usually stays at a comfortably warm temperature

Weaknesses:
  • He gets very seasick, so he dislikes boats and bodies of water in general
  • Cheese and his stomach do not agree, though other milk products are fine
  • Coffee has strange aftereffects
  • Easily distracted by shiny things
  • Fears general affection

((These drawings are my own :3))

View attachment 5822
View attachment 5823View attachment 5824

Last edited:
Name: Azrail T. (as-RAY-el)

Nickname: Az (ayy-zee)

Age: 19 in appearance, since she doesn't age, but she has been Death's digger for far longer. How long, exactly, she can't remember.

Appearance: Coffee blonde hair, often tied back in a high pony-tail, although some strands are always coming loose in front of her face, and she'll tuck them behind here ears when she's talking.
Her eyes don't really have a set color, and change under certain circumstances (not noticeably), but most often they look misty grey.
Most deceiving is her lean and frail figure; she's actually stronger than most men out there. It comes from using her body to dig holes and having to take down many people much larger than she as her work.
Her hands, although seemingly dainty in appearance, are invisibly calloused from using her shovel.
The only time she bathes is if she has ended up with someone else's blood on herself. Other than that, she often has dirt clinging to her face and on her clothes, and she likes it that way.
She prefers tank-tops, and her jeans fray around her calves and carry dirt stains (especially around her knees). Her left pant leg has a sewn-up cut, diagonally following the front of her her mid-thigh to the outer side of her knee. That was from a particularly close encounter with a Vampire Hunter while Az was trying to relieve a vampire of her damnation. She won't show it off, but she has a deep scar on her leg from where the blade cut.
She does wear a belt, but it's used to hold her small lantern, a scroll of paper, and flip-blade more than her pants.
One thing you will never see her without is her shovel. It's like any shovel, really; sturdy oaken handle (not worn down where she grips it to dig) with a dirt-encrusted iron spade (although, without a speck of rust). The only difference is that hers was a gift from Death, who gave her the task of burying those she helped to pass on, and Death had enchanted it.

Abilities: Az cannot see how long a person has left, as some might assume she'd be able to. Only Death sees that. Instead, she sees fatal weaknesses. It is much like how Fear can see a person's deepest terrors, but instead, she can see what will kill someone.
She, herself, is not an immortal being, but one would have to be very, very knowledgable about her and what she does in order to ever have a chance at killing her. She does not feel pain, however she can be injured same as any other person. She has the scars to prove it.
Although most might be annoyed at what she uses it for, she can focus her sight to see what might be underneath her when digging, sort-of like excavator's x-ray. Things she can see include, but are not limited to, roots, sewers, pipes, rocks, and other coffins or bones. She has since chosen to remain silent about this ability in the presence of others; a handful of people have tried to kidnap her for it to use in finding gold.
There are only a couple of abilities that she cannot use on-command. One of them happens to be these dark, feathered, angel-like wings, which appear sometimes when she is around the dying. They're mostly for show, since they cannot lift her off the ground, and only a scarce few people aside from herself and the dying can see them when they do appear.
Another is invisibility--or, something like it. It's more like she's between the mortal and the spiritual realms, and the mortal world cannot see her. It is as if she becomes a ghost. She hasn't yet figured out when or why this happens to her, although others assigned with the task of collecting souls can use the same ability as they please.
More important than anything else to her, her shovel is enchanted to never wear down or rust, and it can dig through any roots she might encounter, no matter how thick. So long as the handle remains in one piece, it will retain its abilities, but should someone break the handle, its magic would be gone. It has only ever broken once....

Preferences: She doesn't enjoy Vampire Hunters in general, mostly due to the fact that a few of them kidnapped her more than once way back when for the task of finding gold. She kept escaping their clutches; leaving without a trace. After a while, she got very good at hiding from them, using methods she had observed from vampires themselves, although tweaking them just a bit to create her own style of avoidance.
Az enjoys company, but doesn't at all mind being alone. She likes the silence, so people that talk on and on drive her nuts. She prefers mornings over nights, her favorite food is granola, and she doesn't like cold water.

Other: She has only ever met Death in person two times, and both are very, very fuzzy recollections. She wishes to one day say hello to Fear, although she knows very little about him, much less where he might be found.

Job: Her job, given to her by Death, is to be a Gravedigger. The scroll of paper on her belt gives her info on her current task, and she takes what is written there, finds the person, and... afterwards, digs their grave. Then, her scroll's text will have changed to the next target.
Her task is to take down those who's lives were supposed to have ended already, but fate twisted the circumstances for, allowing the person to escape. There are a surprising number of these people everywhere, but Az deals specifically with those who have no family or friends, and vampires who remain solo (don't join a clan). Occasionally, she will be the painful end of a vampire's Damnation, but most vampires she relieves are not that old, since the Infected are especially notorious for cheating Death and twisting their fates. She never digs graves for vampires, since they generally turn to dust.

Quote: "I was a girl, maybe 7, and I was crying. I think my parents had passed away or something. I remember being alone, afraid for much of my life.... Death saw my stubbornness and liked it, so he sought me out. I had the choice to refuse him, but I didn't; I became a Gravedigger.
"It was hard in the beginning, learning what I was supposed to do, but I had several others to show me. They're still around, I think, but we Gravediggers seldom see each other. There aren't too many of us, anyways. I wouldn't call it fun, exactly, but I don't regret what I do. I believe that these people who twist their fates are messing with time, and without people like me, history would have been much different."

((Art is from a friend of mine! ^w^))
659724-EB-DC4-A-4-B3-B-8262-E9-A52-E1797-AC.jpg

Last edited:
Read this post for the younger version of this OC

It might just help you out if you want to see how much she's changed over the years~

Name: Kathryne J. Thompson

Age: Mid-fifties, although she still appears to be in her early-twenties

Race: Elkiss

Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality: Kathryne has grown up considerably since her time as a stubborn young child. The outgoing nature she possessed is far less defined than it was once, leading most strangers to begin as "acquaintances" rather than instant friends, and the unwavering optimism she clung so tightly to in her youth has become riddled with flippant remarks ranging from a dry joke to threats of violence that she (hopefully) will never follow through with. With age, her views and ideals have shifted towards the practical, less driven according to the sense of curiosity that would often endanger her younger self and fueled instead by a burning desire deep within her soul to fix a singular mistake she made in the past that had caused the death of a friend. It is because of her loss that she prefers to avoid forging friendships running deeper than temporary, leading her to even go as far as keeping thin relations with the friends she already has, and due to this callous she has set between herself and the outside, most who meet her are quick to conclude that she is consistently cold, sarcastic, and perpetually struggling with anger issues. Those few stubborn souls, however, who spend more than a first glance and a drink around her may instead grow to see an inkling of the creative, curious mind that hides behind her carefully-maintained exterior, perhaps even observing the protective nature of her personality that she's never quite been able to shake.

Appearance: Even though Kathryne is still hanging around 5'4", her size would be deceiving to any person ignoring the scars she's accumulated over the years. Her observant brown eyes—one of them now a light hazel with a scar running from her eyebrow to her chin—no longer hold the excited spark of youth within them, instead appraising anything her gaze brushes over with calm levelheadedness and years-worn intelligence. Her arms, often crossed or resting on the edge of a table while she fingers a glass of scotch, have reclothed themselves in a new jacket to replace her mint-green one. This heavy leather coat once belonged to a friend, thus why it sits just slightly too large over her petite shoulders, and while she continues to appreciate the same jeans-and-a-T-shirt style she's possessed for years, she's more likely to talk about where she got the holes in her jeans than what happened to the acquaintance who used to own the jacket she now wears.

After a mishap with some magic in her younger days, Kathryne's dark brown hair was cut short and now curls untameably atop her head, never to grow any longer. She still attempts to tuck it behind her ears on occasion, but although it rarely stays put for long, its new length does much to enhance the beauty of her complexion, drawing out high cheek bones and accenting her dark lashes. If not for the unsightly scratch across one eye, a testimony of pain highlighted by the suntan of her skin, Kathryne would truly be a catch to any man lucky enough to get within an inch of her heart.

The only other thing she won't let a person come within an inch of are the fairy wings she keeps hidden underneath her coat most of the time. Thin and lightweight, yet soft like a butterfly; dark like the night sky with a sprinkling of white as if to represent stars; her wings are truly beautiful, and she will go to great lengths in order to be sure they remain that way. Kathryne has the ability to bring them through the coat for use, then tuck them away again when she's finished, but given that they are very fragile, she tries to avoid using them in situations where they might be injured. Only a certain type of person can heal them once they tear, and she already has a nick in the tip of one wing. The only other rule is to not get them wet, and she isn't quite sure what will happen if she does. Kathryne has always made an effort to avoid finding out.

Items & Enchantments:

• Kathryne still keeps Akyr (her dagger) tucked away by her side. It has become an invaluable weapon, and she's grown more attached to the blade than any person she's met in the last thirty-five years.

• Also kept with her at all times is a bracelet on her wrist, jingling with various charms that she occasionally swaps out for different ones. Each of the charms on her bracelet holds a different form of magic, whether that be the ability to pull coin from one's pocket when trading or perhaps summoning the element of fire in one's palms, maybe even turning one's bones to steel in hope of enhancing their strength, or even augmenting one's own strength to win a fight. Thirty years worth of collecting magic has led her to gain a rather large variety of charms for her bracelet, although the chain on her wrist can usually hold no more than five enchantments at a time.

• The rest of the charms she keeps tucked away inside a little wooden jewelry box, hidden within the endless void of the leather jacket around her shoulders. Thousands of years' worth of items drift aimlessly throughout the void, and while a pocket of that expanse is undeniably useful, it's not always the easiest thing to reach in and grab what is needed on the first go. It can be quite handy for carting people around unseen, however, if they are comfortable with floating aimlessly for a little bit while miscellaneous items bump into every part of their bodies.

AI: Hidden behind a curly mass of dark brown hair, sitting at the base of her skull, is a small mechanical port fused to her neck and hardwired to access her brain. It's the only piece of technology to physically alter her body, and because of it she is able to share her mind with an AI that goes by the name of Horizon.

• Horizon is capable of manifesting himself as a small hologram no larger than the size of Kathryne's hand. He can brighten his holographic glow to illuminate a small radius of darkness.

• He is able to scan beings and pinpoint damage to a body, given he knows the anatomy of the being well enough.

• Horizon can function as a dictionary or thesaurus, catalogue information, make notes for later, etc. al..

• He has the ability to bring images to Kathryne's mind in full color, temporarily bypassing her colorblindness.

• Kathryne is able to remove Horizon's AI chip from the implant at the base of her skull, taking Horizon's program from her mind. If a piece of technology has a place to accept his chip, she can then plug it in to allow Horizon to access the technology, otherwise she simply stores him in her pocket.

Other Notes:

• Kathryne is monochromatically colorblind, with the acceptation that she can see greens.

• She's trying to break a drinking habit, but it's not going so well. She enjoys a glass of scotch every now and again.

• Kathryne is married to a lovely guy named Florida. They've been married about thirty years, and she wouldn't cheat on him if the world was ending.

• She's half-blind in her right eye, although she's learned to compensate for it.

(Art by me! :3)
View attachment 10537View attachment 10538

Last edited:
Back