Status
Not open for further replies.
T'Challa looked at the guards as they walked away with the auction winnings before responding to Menat. "You are not wrong, but I trust in Anakaris' judgement on the matter. There was something sinister surrounding it and I believe your intuition rang true."

The room had all about been emptied of people now leaving only our trio of heroes left standing. "Our detour is done, now the database still lays ahead. It is getting late, perhaps it is time for us to retreat to our cabins until the hour draws closer to strike?"

Anakaris didn't seem to much care for the plan. "Do what you must, I shall inspect the boat further. I do not appreciate the decadence on display."

While not keen on that, T'Challa didn't want to start a scene and let Anakaris do whatever for the time being. Watching him leave T'Challa turned towards Menat. "Shall we?"

@Yun Lee

It still didn't make much sense in Menat's mind, but she wouldn't comment on it further. Jeez, why waste dark magic on some decorative object, anyway? It'd be better used on something more...well, useful. But whatever. She yawned, stretching. "Yeah," she said with a nod. "Best to get some rest while we have the chance." How embarrassing would it be to fall asleep on the job?

@Jeremi

T'Challa nodded and lead her to where their cabins were. Luckily he had managed to get one for Menat across from where he and Anakaris had theirs, despite the fact that the pharaoh had thrown up a stink that he had the audacity to have them share a room. Even so the king said his farewells and closed the door to his cabin to plan.

If Menat decided to go to bed she'd manage to sleep a few hours before she'd be woken up by sirens blaring and someone knocking at her door. Opening it she'd find T'Challa in full Black Panther ensemble. "Quickly, there's been a situation."

The situation seemed to be a full blown red alert with panicked patrons running and screaming. "Anakaris went ahead, to the auction room. I surmise there has been an attack." Making their way there they'd be welcomed by Anakaris crashing through the door right in front of them.

"You cur!" Anakaris shouted with indignation as he made his way back into the auction area.

"Gigigi!" As Menat and T'Challa entered they could see the being Anakaris was fighting.

A red demon like creature was firing down fireballs at Anakaris who was trying to catch it with his extending arms. The creature however was too fast and was quickly avoiding anything that he was trying to do and subdue it.​

@Yun Lee

"Mmngh...huh?" Having taken the opportunity to sleep, Menat woke up, rubbing her eyes as T'Challa knocked. Still in her outfit (she had been wiped out the second her head hit the pillow), all she had to do was follow him to this situation he mentioned. But seeing that thing flying around woke her right up. What the...?!

"H-Hold on!" Menat launched her tome up into the air, sending it flying at the creature to hopefully knock it down, or at the very least stun it enough for Anakaris to land an attack!

@Jeremi

"Gah?!" Menat's tome hit the demon right in the face disorienting it long enough for Anakaris to hit him with his arms that transformed into a giant snake head with enough force to knock the demon to the floor.

"The demon wants the charms!" Anakaris bellowed down to the two.

"It appears your intuition was correct,"
T'Challa responded before making his way towards the crest that he had purchased earlier only to be stopped by a fireball blocking his path as the demon had once again risen to the air. Even so this was now a three against one fight which means it wouldn't take long for them to-

"Everyone stop what you're doing." The man from earlier with the hoodie and cap was now standing at the door looking at the spectacle in front of him. "You're all trespassing on Roxxon property and I'll have to ask you to come with me." By how he spoke it was pretty clear that his heart wasn't into it, seemed more like something he had been taught to say.

"This demon is trying to steal my property,"
T'Challa responded back. "If your security is not good enough then I have to take matters into my own hands."

"Doesn't matter sir," He droned out again. "I have to tell you again to-" The man did not have a chance to say anything however as the demon fired a fire ball engulfing the man in fire as the demon cackled in glee.

@Yun Lee

"Oh great, it breathes fire!" Menat sighed, readying another attack, before the creature attacked the strange man. So, this thing wasn't on anyone's side but its own, huh? But Menat wasn't about to let a guy die for doing his job...no matter how corrupt it may be. Taking a brief leave of the fight, she removed her jacket and attempted to put out the flames on the man before he was turned to ash.

@Jeremi

As Menat went to help the man she quickly noticed that there was no longer a man standing before her

a7Asw1r.png

But a monster.

With a roar the creature leaped into the air towards Firebrand with enough force to send both of them crashing through the wall. As the commotion subsided for a brief moment T'Challa with Anakaris in tow came towards Menat with the crest in his grasp. "I believe this is the perfect time for us to head towards the server room. We can use the distraction to get what we need and leave before anyone realizes what has happened."

@Yun Lee

"I-I'm right behind you!" Menat was more than happy to get out of this place-well, at least out of this room. There was still more to go, but hopefully this would give them a head start before anything else came popping out at them.

@Jeremi

The trio were met by panicking rich folk scrambling to get to safety from the chaos, which luckily allowed them to get past surprisingly easy to where the server room was located. "Earlier I planted an EMP device inside the security room. They will have no visuals for about ten minutes." T'Challa started working on the heavy door standing before them.

"Hold it!" From either side of the corridor men in suits had guns pointed at the trio. "You're trespassing on priv-" But he didn't manage to utter another word as Anakaris enveloped him in his binds before slamming him back and forth.

"Stall them!" T'Challa replied to Menat as the door to the server room opened. "I just need a few minutes to get my hand on the information." With that he vanished into the room leaving Menat to handle with the right side of the corridor as Anakaris handled the left. The guards seemed to be lightly armed with handguns and stun batons, but the ensuing fight Anakaris had with the others seemed to have stunned the right side and if Menat acted quickly she might have a chance to get in close.

@Yun Lee

Aw jeez, this was getting chaotic. But hey, that gave them time to do what needed to be done, so no way was Menat gonna complain. While the guards were distracted by Anakaris (which admittedly, she was too, that was crazy), she would take the opportunity to rush forward, using her tome to sweep at the legs of her opponents. Hopefully it would knock them down...though this trick was a lot easier when it was in ball form.

@Jeremi

Her attack caught the first guard by surprise and knocked him on his feet as well as the second one. The third one caught on and jumped back reading his stun baton to slam it down hard on Menat's head if given the chance.

@Yun Lee

"Woah!" Menat cried out in surprise as the guard attacked, narrowly dodging out of the way. She could feel the electricity surging off the baton as it whizzed past her cheek, gulping as she attempted to knee the guard in the stomach to keep him at bay!

@Jeremi

The guard stumbled back from the attack but was ready for another offensive when he was pushed back further by a giant snake wrapped in bandages. "The fools have been taken care of." The snake changed back to Anakaris' arms as now all the guards had been taken care of. "You fought well, for a mortal."

As Anakaris gave his faint praise T'Challa emerged from the server room. "I got what we were looking for. Quickly to the top deck! I already called for extraction."

Making their way up to the deck they could see a ladder hanging from mid air. "I do think we have overstayed our welcome." T'Challa motioned to Menat and Anakaris to get up first and as he did so it was like a missile crashed into the deck was that large monster with claws emerged from the wreckage his eyes pointed squarely at the trio.

@Yun Lee

Menat smiled, about to thank Anakaris for his attempt at a compliment, but just then T'Challa returned to the scene. Not needing to be told twice to get out of here, Menat readied to climb up before the giant monster burst in. "Oh great, more company!" The fortune teller braced for another fight, doubting they could truly escape without taking this thing down first. "Why can't anything ever be easy?"

@Jeremi

3kXjoPS.png

The monster loomed menacingly over the trio looking them over. "I don't know what you were up to in there," He finally boomed. "But I can't let you go."

"And why is that?"
T'Challa asked him. "You must know what type of man your boss is."

"Doesn't matter," He countered. "Right now he's the one paying the paycheck."

Menat could tell that there was something more under the surface. Despite his monstrous appearance there was more to this foe that met the eye.

Right now they seemed to be in a stand off because no one wanted to throw the first punch. Even Anakaris was able to contain himself for the time being.

@Yun Lee

"..." Menat studied this new foe curiously, but still stayed on guard in case he tried anything. Something was definitely up, and maybe she could get a good reading on him if she could keep this standoff going just a teensy bit longer.

"So, you're only doing this because you get paid?" She asked, clutching her "tome" close to her chest. In reality she was trying to get a sense of just what this guy was about. "Kind of a crummy job, isn't it? I mean, considering dangerous situations like this, you at least get good life insurance, right?"

@Jeremi

"It's not that simple," He shot back at Menat.

"No, indentured servitude usually isn't. Clayton Cortez. Or do you prefer Weapon H when you are working?"

Weapon H's eyes went wide. "How do yo-?"

"Captain America is a very good friend of mine." Came T'Challa's quick and to the point reply. "There are other ways to keep your family safe, but that wont be possible if you stop us here."

"How can I trust you?" Weapon H ask looking like he was going to take the king of Wakanda up on his word.

"Family is very important to me as well, Mr Cortez. Uniting them in harmony even more so."

Weapon H was quiet for a moment before he finally mumbled. "Hit me"

"What was that?"

"Hit me and make it look good."

It seemed like Anakaris didn't need anything else as his arms once again changed into a massive cobra head that sent Weapon H flying overboard into the water. "Quickly," T'Challa motioned to the craft. "I believe he will not give us a second chance if he finds us here when he returns." With that the trio managed to get up to the ship that sped off back to Wakanda, their mission a success. "Well done both of you," T'Challa replied to Menat and Anakaris. "It will take some time to go through all the information but our mission was a stunning success."

@Yun Lee

"Phew!" Menat was glad to hear it, but boy was she pooped. So much excitement in such a short timeframe...she appreciated it, though. Stuff like this let her prove to her master that she could handle herself in dangerous situations! Maybe she'd get more serious work soon...

"I'm just glad we were able to do what we needed to help your people out," she said, referencing both kings' domains. Though, juuuust to be sure...Menat took her crystal ball (which now had no need to be disguised) and glanced at it, hoping to see a change, if any, in the original fate.

@Jeremi

To Menat's delight the scene that the crystal ball revealed was a positive one. T'Challa and Anakaris shaking hands in unity as a crowd erupted into cheers before the image vanished.

"I have been away too long from my people,"
Anakaris exclaimed. "I must return."

"Then we will part ways at your kingdom. Lord Anakaris, I thank you for your aid."

The massive mummy nodded solemnly. "I feel this undertaking was in one form a boon. Two countries once suspicious of each other, now allies."

T'Challa echoed the sentiment. "Once I have looked through the information on this drive we'll have to have an official ceremony to showcase our new Unity. Menat," The King of Wakanda turned to face Menat. "You brought this to my attention and we staved off disaster. You are in Wakanada's debt."

@Yun Lee

Menat let out a sigh of relief, thankful that the future had changed for the better. Of course, she could have done without the complete chaos of the last hour, but hey. Better than fire and brimstone.

As T'Challa thanked her, she had to force herself to not let it get to her head. "Oh, I'm just glad we managed to avoid destruction. If anything, I'm just the messenger. My master was the one who sent me here. She'll be thrilled to know things worked out. Though...does this mean that corporation will be facing consequences for those attacks?"

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back