Status
Not open for further replies.
"Don't worry darling, just let me lead your hand." A woman's voice spoke into Menat's and Shuri's mind. "You'll find me at the war table, there that's it, good girls."

Following the voice they'd find a blond woman looking at the fight happening in front of them.

df43aa1a09ddcc6a7b006db70c8055f23eda72b5.png

"Welcome to Sin-Cong you two. For those that don't know me, and that would be the real crime, I am Emma Frost and I'm coordinating this attack you see in front of you. I'm glad to see the Princess of Wakanda decided to join us as well."

"Not because of you, someone has to look after Menat," Shuri replied to Emma.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night," Emma replied looking over to Menat. "What do you think of Sin-Cong so far? I've heard it's better in the summer."​

@Yun Lee

Jeez, how many mutants had mind powers, anyway? This was starting to make Menat more uncomfortable than the actual fighting going on! Well...at least this lady was really pretty. "Um...to be honest, I kind of expected to arrive here before the attack, not in the middle of it."

@Jeremi

"We figured it was best to nip this in the bud before it became too much of a problem," Emma replied as she surveyed the battlefield. "We did end catching them quite by surprise, after all, much due to your prophecy, Menat."

"So why are we here now?" Shuri asked.

"Well, princess. Why not showcase a united front against these fellows? Mutants and humans. That's the dream isn't it?"

@Yun Lee

"You all seem to be handling yourselves out there pretty nicely," Menat said, looking out over where the battle had been taking place. "But in that case, where do we fit in? Is there somewhere specific we need to go?"​

"Why right into the thick of it of course! But don't worry we're not sending you out there empty-handed." Emma snapped her fingers as one man and a woman came into view.

latest

"I will be your sword."

"I guess that makes me the shield then huh?"

"Meet Gorgon and Frenzy. They will be your chaperons for your stay here. We do take care of our friends after all."

Shuri didn't seem to be too pleased about the choices. "So a member from Hydra and a former terrorist is going to keep us safe?"

"The past is in the past," Emma brushed her off.

"Hey! I've been helping mutants and Inhumans after that, maybe if you didn't have your head up your ass you'd know that, princess," Frenzy added.

"Children, children please. If you wish your fight I'd direct you towards the real enemies here." Emma pointed to the building in the middle of the fighting. "You'll find the one pulling the strings inside there and I'd hope to see you there before this is all over and it's just us the mutants that take the credit of eliminating this vile terrorist cell."​

@Yun Lee

Jeez Louise. And here she was thinking it couldn't get worse than the Mystique encounter... Menat put her hand on Shuri's shoulder, hoping to at least calm a little of the tension that was suffocating everyone here. "Hey. let's get going, yeah? It's time we make these guys pay for the trouble they've been causing!"

@Jeremi

Shuri looked over to the mutants and then to Menat. "You're right, let's just get this over with."

"There we go, good luck all of you. I'll be here coordinating the strike as I've already been doing when talking to you lot."

With that, the four started to make their way through the battlefield with minimal opposition as most of the Shadaloo soldiers were preoccupied with dealing with the other mutants.

They'd reach the door to the base but as they tried to enter they'd find it sealed shut. "Stand back." Frenzy clutched onto the heavy steel frame to cause a dent in it and with a hard tug the door would fall and let them enter. "Ladies first."

Despite warning sirens blaring around them the base seemed otherwise quiet, eerily so in fact. The large open area split into three paths on up north, one to the west and one to the east.

@Yun Lee

Oh jeez, now was NOT the time to be splitting up. Whatever was waiting for them inside, they needed to deal with it on a united front. Menat brought her crystal ball out, trying to see if it could give her a clue on where to go. "Come on...if I've ever needed you to bail me out, it's now..."

@Jeremi

Peering into the crystal ball she'd find that the western path did not end up in an ambush or any of the group badly wounded.

@Yun Lee

"Okay, left it is!" Menat pointed to the westernmost passageway. "If we all want to face this guy in one piece, that is."

@Jeremi

"I've trusted your intuition this far," Shuri replied taking point down the western path. "I will trust it now as well."

"I promised to be your sword," Gorgon replied following them. "I will go where you go."

Frenzy just gave them a nod as she followed after. They didn't manage to reach that far before a door was punched out and something stepped out. It looked like one of those monsters Menat had seen in the tubes in Madripoor and it didn't look friendly.

@Yun Lee

So some of those things did survive, huh? Then the Madripoor lab must have been for the failed creations... "Nothing can ever be easy, can it?!" Sighing in frustration, Menat summoned six small orbs of Soul Power around her, then sent them all straight towards the creature!

@Jeremi

The monster tried its best to dodge the orbs but despite it being nimble two of the orbs hit it at point-blank range causing it to stumble backward. Gorgon used the opportunity to unsheath his sword slicing it clear in half. As the two parts fell to the ground two more appeared behind them in the corridor.

"You go on ahead." Frenzy cracked her knuckles together. "I'll take care of these freaks. I'll catch up when I'm done."

@Yun Lee

"Stay safe!" Menat called to Frenzy before heading up ahead. Surely she could handle herself, right? Hopefully taking care of Shadaloo would ensure these monsters never caused any problems again!

@Jeremi

They could see five more Hunters emerging behind them as Frenzy slammed one of them hard into the wall before they turn a corner and she vanishes from sight. The sirens continued to blare but no soldiers seem to be opposing them along the way.

Soon enough Gorgon spoke up. "I sense activity, a human and...something else." He pointed down another path leading north. "Over there." Following him, they'd soon find themselves in a large hangar where two people were talking.

"I thought you said this base was impenetrable! How could they even find us?!" A metallic figure snapped at the other.

"A miscalculation, nothing more. We've done what we were tasked despite them coming to us- hmm?" The other turned as he noticed the trio.

"It appears we have guests."

"What!" The other figure turned to face them.

"To have come this far. This mission was an utter failure."

The blond man pushed his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose. "As I said, it's how you look at things." He looked down at his watch. "I don't believe they are going to let us escape without a fight. I've got seven minutes to spare so you better make it quick."

The female humanoid with the not fitting voice slammed their foot hard into the ground cracking it. "I will not allow the likes of you to take me down! Not as long as he still lives!"​

@Yun Lee

"Not as long as who still...you know what? Forget it. If your plan involves freaky monsters and wars, I really don't care what your motives are. All I care about is taking you down!" Seven minutes, huh? They could take these jerks down in five! Just as before, Menat would send those soul power orbs forth, only this time sending three to each opponent.

@Jeremi

The blond man dodged the orbs with uncanny speed while the other did a backflip to avoid the oncoming attack. "The one with the glasses is called Albert Wesker and the other is called Seth," Gorgon remarked as he drew his sword.

"You telepaths seem to be a dime and a dozen in this world," Wesker lamented as he pulled a device from his pocket. "And three against two...let's see if I can fix that." With a push of the button one of the large containers nearby would start to buckle from the inside before the seal burst off its hinges.

A large humanoid figure emerged from the crate making heavy steps towards the trio. "I'll handle this," Gorgon replied as he went to intercept the creature.

"Got any preferences on dance partners?" Shuri asked Menat with a playful smile.​

@Yun Lee

Menat looked the two over, one name standing out as one Master Rose had mentioned. "I think Seth is from my own world," she said, gaze on the android. "May as well take them on before they cause more trouble out of our home."

@Jeremi

"Alright then, I'll take the brooding blond." As Shuri said that her form changed into a flock of birds that flew towards Wesker leaving Menat alone with Seth who seemed rather confident in his skills.

"You think you can defeat, little girl?" They went into a defensive stance. "Then show me what you can do!" Seth charged forward aiming a kick right to Menat's abdomen.

@Yun Lee

"W-Woah!" Menat gasped as she grabbed her ball. Channelling Soul Power within, she would attempt to disappear, appearing right behind Seth using Left Eye of the Lion. "Too bad!" If successful, she'd try to land an attack on the back of Seth's head!

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back