Status
Not open for further replies.
Seth was momentarily caught off guard by the power Menat used. "What?!" The blow connected sending Seth face into the ground. "How can you..." They got up with fury in their eyes. "Have that power??" Seth proceeded to fire off multiple Sonic Booms towards Menat to try and catch her off guard.

@Yun Lee

"Eep!" Menat squeaked as the first attack grazed her, and attempted to dodge the next few. She only knew of...two people who could do that move? Where did Seth learn it? "What, THIS power?" Using a few precious moments of time, she brought up a barrier of Soul Power to hopefully not just block Seth's Sonic Booms, but even send them flying back towards them!

@Jeremi

The Sonic Booms were sent back to the sender but Seth blocked them causing him to be pushed back. "That is the Psycho Power is it not? No...it's different. It reminds me...I think I might have to keep you as a guinea pig!" Seth teleported behind Menat and attempted to hit her with an overhead axe kick.

@Yun Lee

"W-Woah!" Menat tried to block as she crouched, but the impact was still felt. "Ugh, no thanks! I'm already happy with my Master!" She would then try to free herself by blasting him with a good dose of Soul Power, hopefully knocking them of her. If successful she'd try to swing out her leg in a circle to knock Seth completely off balance.

@Jeremi

Seth seemed erratic and unfocused in his attacks as the Soul Power blast hit they were thrown across the air hitting the floor with a heavy thud.

Meanwhile, Shuri's was fighting Wesker, having changed her skin to rock form to offset the blond man's speed. As they fought something began to beep as Wesker smirked. "Seven minutes are up I'm afraid." He leaped backward landing next to Seth who was getting up from the ground. "We've played with you long enough, but it's time for us to leave."

Base destruction in t minus 10 minutes

A robotic voice began echoing through the area. "I'll leave you with a going-away present." The creature Gorgon was fighting suddenly let out a roar as its arm mutated further leaving it with a massive claw that it used to swipe Gorgon aside before leaping between Menat and the villains. Wesker smirked to himself as he and Seth made a hasty retreat towards a secret escape route that opened up in front of them.

Leaving the heroes to deal with the crazed Tyrant.​

@Yun Lee

Ugh! This just wasn't her day...but if they only had ten minutes to escape, then was there even a point in a fight? Menat would use her Soul Orb attack once more, hopefully buying them a bit of time. "Shuri! Gorgon! Leave this creep to the explosion, we need to get out of here fast!"

@Jeremi

Instead of that Gorgon would brush himself past Menat and undo the blindfold he was using. "That won't be necessary." The monster roared ready to lounge at the trio when Gorgon with his eyes unraveled looked the monster in its eyes causing it to turn into stone and shatter into pieces as it landed on the floor.

"Now we can go," Gorgon replied as he tied the blindfold back on. At the same time, the wall behind them broke open revealing a pissed, but very much alive Frenzy.

"Heard the alarms so I figured you guys need to be bailed out." She removed what seemed to be a piece of guts off her shoulder. "Now let's haul ass outta here!" With Frenzy taking point and bursting through any wall in their way find the exit was easy. As they came out of the compound they'd find that most of the fighting had seized and that they had retreated a safe distance from the building.

Just as they had gotten a bit away an explosion shook behind them and the ensuing shockwave sent them tumbling into the ground. Once they gained their barrings they'd only find a smoking crater where the base had been. Despite Wesker and Seth escaping the operation seemed to have been a success.

@Yun Lee

"Whew!" Hands on her knees, Menat caught her breath for what had to have been the thousandth time this week. Finally...was it all over? She really hoped so, as she grabbed her crystal ball to take a look.

@Jeremi

The images the crystal ball showed were peaceful ones, at least for the time being. Menat got the picture that this was normal to the mutants but they had at least averted one disaster.

"I think we're done here," Emma came into view as Gorgo and Frenzy took their leave, seemed like the mutants were already packing up to leave. "We held off the army for as long as we could,"

Gateway emerged from behind Emma. "Gateway will bring you back to Wakanda, it's been a pleasure, you two."

"I'm sure," Shuri replied though she did seem relieved that it was over.

@Yun Lee

"Glad we could help," Menat said as a goodbye, though her other feeling, Glad to be getting out of here, went unspoken. She tried to quickly think of other things, though, while they were waiting to return, just in case there were mutants here who could read minds.

@Jeremi

As Menat went through the portal Emma gave Menat a little wink before they found themselves back where they started now with a lot of panicked guards scrambling about. Shuri did her best to explain the situation to the guards and while they understood they didn't seem too keen on the explanation.

"Well we are lucky," Shuri finally replied as she turned to face Menat. "It would appear that T'Challa has returned to Wakanda. I believe it's time for us to tell him what has happened."

@Yun Lee

...oops. "Yeeeaaah, that would probably, um...be for the best." In hindsight, maybe they should've left a note. Too bad she hadn't seen this in her predictions.

@Jeremi

They'd find T'Challa in the war room in his full Black Panther outfit still on. It seemed like he wasn't going to be around for long. "I must say," T'Challa stepped away from the screen he was looking at to show what seemed to be a news report of Menat and Shuri in the thick of things at the Shadaloo base. "When you do something you do it big."

Shuri had a look of surprise on her face. "How in the- we were just there!"

"It seems the majority of news sites around the world are reporting on it. Wakanda sides with Krakoa." The King of Wakanda sighed. "It seemed we have given them so free publicity. Good or bad it depends on who's reporting it."

He turned to face the two. "How did this happen? Last I knew you had a brief meeting with the X-Men about your vision, Menat. And now it escalated into a full-blown war."

@Yun Lee

...oh man. Menat's eyes widened as she saw the news report. Really?! Really! "We were just trying to help," she said. She told T'Challa everything, from the trip to Madripor, to the vision at dinner, to the midnight visit with X, to the immediate adventure at breakfast, to the showdown at Sin-Cong. "If I knew they were just going to use that as an excuse to film us...jeez."

@Jeremi

T'Challa listened intently to Menat's tale before finally sighing once she was done. "It seemed like they have bought themselves some good publicity through Wakanda's expense...I will admit we are not perhaps loved on the global market but...perhaps we will take this as a win regardless. They have, and will most likely, be allies in the future as well."

Then his mind drifted to a name she had mentioned. "Did you say Albert Wesker?"

@Yun Lee

Menat nodded. "Yeah. He was with this machine called Seth, who was from my own world. I didn't hear much from him, but it seems like he'd promised Seth something in order to get them to work together..."

@Jeremi

T'Challa turned to the screen and started typing in something on the board. "During your current predicament, I managed to crack the information we retrieved off Dario Agger." The screen was filled with a multitude of numbers and names. "The hard drives housed quite a lot of useful information, some of them being transactions." The search stopped on a specific name that Roxxon had evidently paid 10 million to. "Albert Wesker."

Then it dawned on Shuri. "Wait...do you think that-?"

"Agger was involved with what was going on in Krakoa? Possibly, it's just circumstantial evidence at the moment." T'Challa pointed towards Menat. "But perhaps there was a reason your crystal ball aimed you towards the mutants? It was just a continuation of the journey you started with me in saving Wakanda."

"What is his motive?" Shuri asked. "Roxxon has always been corrupt and under Agger even more so, but to instigate war?"

"That I still don't know. The files are further encrypted so perhaps I will get an answer, but it will take a while. Though this tells me that we need to have a better look on Roxxon in the future and those they deal with."

@Yun Lee

So...this trip was a good thing, then? Menat nodded. "I can talk to my Master and see what she could do to help. The Soul Power I use seemed to get Seth's attention, and they did say he was looking for a man...I don't want to jump to conclusions, but if Shadaloo was involved that man may be M. Bison. Though last I heard he was dead..."

@Jeremi

"Perhaps the Convergence has done more than just brought our worlds together..." T'Challa mused aloud.

"Something that we no doubt have to figure out along the way," Shuri said before turning to Menat. "But I believe your part in this journey is finally done with. Thank you once again for your aid. Wakanda would not be as it still is now without your help. You are very welcome to stay a bit longer, or if you wish to return to your Master we'd be more than willing to get you there posthaste. Just say the word."

@Yun Lee

Menat thought it over. "I can return in a bit," she said. "As long as I can get in touch with her maybe I could stay and make sure Wakanda doesn't get involved in anything else while we try to look into all of this a bit more?" A part of her didn't want to leave just yet. Besides, as long as Seth and Wesker were licking their wounds...a little break would be deeply appreciated.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back