• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name: Evelyn Norseth
Sex: Female
Race: Slimeling
Description: View attachment 3518
She is purely purple in her slime form.
Homeland: Unknown
Biography: Evelyn has no memories of her past after two years ago. The first thing she can remember is waking up in the middle of a forest with a man looking over her. The man took her in and trained her in combat. After about a year training under that man he told her that she should seek out The Order Of The World Tree saying that they might be able to help her remember her past. She would go and join them in hopes of realizing her dream.
Motivations: She hopes to regain her memories
Strengths: Evelyn has extremely quick reflexes. Being a Slimeling she can dissolve most non-magic materials.
Weaknesses: Evelyn isn't the smartest of people. She is weak against water and can't swim.

...HORY SHET WHY DID I NOT GET A NOTIFICATION?! I WATCHED THIS THREAD!

Anyway. I hope I am not too late to join in on the fun - again.

Still time, Enki, and whoever else wants to join. As tempted as I am to keep it open, we might want to limit it to two more players beyond who has already posted here. More then 9 might be a bit crazy.

Also, just a reminder on our jobs in the RP for people joining just now: your characters are generally expected to be apart of the Order (somehow, up to you how) and your characters can be any of the first three ranks as described in the OP: Low Squire, Squire and Independent. If you are a Low Squire or a squire your guys will have to be apart of the same Journeymen's 'class', to keep things cohesive. If you choose to be an Independent, it's a bit more freeform as to how/if you'll stick to the party.

I'll be posting a few characters of my own pretty soon, one will be the journeymen you guys are squired under.

If you are a Low Squire or a squire your guys will have to be apart of the same Journeymen's 'class'

I'll be posting a few characters of my own pretty soon, one will be the journeymen you guys are squired under.
This(the journeyman character) would be rather preferable to know for me, atleast, as I feel tempted to do a squire.

I didn't get any notification either... very stange.

I'll start thinking up a character asap ^^
That means we need to hurry, because there is only room for two more, and it would be really unfortunate if a dark horse pops in and takes one of our seats.

Name Carina Skrapper
Age 21
Sex Female
Race Gnome
Description
68e78636a5acbce9f73c9ec9365ee4dd.jpg

Homeland
one of the few Gnome pockets in the Kannogetti Empire.
Biography Despite knowing who her parents are, Carina might as well be an orphan. Her father, now a high standing negotiator with the Dwarves in whose domain the Gnomes live, was hardly of age when he took a fancy to a gifted scrapper girl working with the dregs others threw out to make the trinkets she sold on street corners. Their affair was passionate, but cut short by his parents when they found out and decreed he should never see her again. By this time, she was pregnant and managed to sneak to her lovers side one more time. Terrified for the fate of their child (born out of any form of marital binding and with worlds of social classes between them) should his parents find out, they both swore never to reveal their secret and Carinas mother snuck away, never to see her lover again except from a distance.
Carina was born in the hovels of the lower class and given to an orphanage where she grew up, never understanding who the strange lady was who kept visiting the children and bringing them small gifts, despite her own decrepit state. Finally the similarities in looks as well as tallent grew too large and Carina confronted her mother, who confessed the story, swearing her daughter to secrecy. No less than two days later, her mother was convicted of stealing, a charge Carina was sure had been fabricated, and sentanced to servitude under the Gnome she had apparently stolen from, a jealous and brutal master. Again Carinas mother snuck away, this time to her daughter, begging her to leave, to save herself from what her fathers famliy might throw at her. Having learnt all she could from the workers of the lower class and unable to approach those above her, Carina decided to follow her mothers wish, more out of curiosity about the world outside the Dwarven town than any sense of duty or obedience. Eventually, she ended up joining the Order of the World Tree, seeing in it the easiest way to travel and learn.
Motivations learn and see new things
Strengths
- gifted Enchantress
- Able to understand the machinations of almost anything just by watching it work, this is a great boon to her Enchanting.
- can focus exclusively on a single thing, using all the knowledge and logic at her disposal to solve the problem at hand, this can become detrimental to her health if she stays this way long enough to forget meals or sleep
Weaknesses
-Easily distracted when not in full focus mode, prone to wander off after anything that interests her
- rather short temper with any sentient being, this does not extend to animals or machines
- has trouble expressing emotions (and empathising with other beings)

Last edited:
That means we need to hurry, because there is only room for two more, and it would be really unfortunate if a dark horse pops in and takes one of our seats.
Oh, im sorry, i meant 2 more people BESIDE you you guys! I definitely accounted for you two, and im prepared for 7 - 9 players, already assuming emory, chel andyou two make characters. So dont worry a bit!

Name: Harkara Berehrker (Editor's note: I am not sure if this name is Ork enough. Care to give me few examples of generic Ork names?)
Sex: Female
Race: Orc
Description:
Harkara is a tall and muscular adventurer, talented in the ways of swinging her claymore around while shouting angry words with angry eyes and talking in more calm manner. She wears a splint armor* full set to cover her body up as she wears a frog mouth helmet to cover her face from harm. To differentiate herself from the masses she had her family's sigil of starting and ending letters 'B' and 'R' carved in bolded unto her differing sides of her helmet, but due to miscommunication the letter R is on the left side and B on the left side, so when reading them it is ''RB''.
Homeland: The realm of King Broll
Biography:
Harkara is an orc born to a family of orcs that had been blessed with the status reminiscient of that of nobles estate in other civilizations, with it having recieved its last name during the reign of King Brull. As per tradition of a noble family Harkara and others of her family took a certain degree of pride in learning foreign things such as languages, writing and reading. Among the common folk, and to the foreigners, it could be seen that Behrkrer family has abandoned the orc traditions and embraced the more feudal and more human traditions into their family.

Harkara, as per new inheritance reforms that have come in the King Brull's realm, was someone that couldn't inherit anything from her parents. She was born as the third child in the family, with first one inheriting vast majority of parents' property and second child inheriting a small sum. While her parents were still alive and she was a youngling she felt slight admiration towards the stories of old orcs, which, combined with her more formal and diplomacy-based education up until the age of 12, gave her the ambition to desire to become a legend among the orcs. If she wanted to make herself a good diplomat - as her parents would have wanted - she would need to have some reputation, and best way for an orc is to gain a reputation is through combat and warfare. War and combat are most common sources for a mortal orc to become immortalized through stories, just like King Brull has before his return. This motivated Harkara to get herself an education in the field of combat, strategy and what else. Harkara's inability to inherit her parents' property may have also played a role in it all.

Once she reached the age of 17 she, after some persuasion to her parents, managed to make her way into joining the Order of the World Tree. Her initial years were somewhat struggle-some, what with her biggest issues rising from fellow members of her race that did not have same form of formal education as she started with and her attempts at differentiating herself from the rabble. After few years of successful grunt work she managed to rise up to a squire and, later on, she started a life of an Indie.

As an Indie Harkara has made steady success in her career, surviving in the differing jobs that she was granted, with the term fitting her the most propably being an adventurer, as she aims for prestige and becoming a reputable being. She has been an Indie for the last four years, with dreams of achieving the status of a legend ever so present in her stubborn life. During this time she has managed to use her gained wealth to custom design herself piece by piece an armor fitting of a noble such as her.
Motivations:
W-.. This is awkward. I already mentioned her motivations in the biography. Whoop de doo.
Harkara wants to become a legend, simple as that. She dreams of becoming a person that people will remember long past her own death, as that seems like a form of immortality that she can achieve. She may enjoy a little bit of wealth and worldly pleasures, but her main desire is to become famous and somebody in the world stage, experiencing the life of the so called big guys that decide the fate and destiny of the world. To her, after all, glorious life and death are best rewards one can get.

Strengths (list at most 2)
Harkara's strength is her natural strength that all orcs possess, easily making her among one of the stronger and more enduring warriors. What more an orc's strength and endurance is truly a deadly asset when mixed with armor, as their armorhinders them less with their weight.
Harkara is rather talented in the arts of diplomacy, even if it is not her main focus. Her years spent training in the arts of diplomacy and manners as a good noble gave her the ability to talk suavely and in a manner that can help in diplomatic intercourse.
TL;DR She is a switch between combat and diplomacy, somewhat adequate in both arts.

Weaknesses (list at least 2)
Harkara's ego and ambition are both a strength and also a weakness. While it motivates her and helps her go forward in her life and gives her direction, it can create unnecessary issues with people that do not like her boasting of herself.(Editor's note: I am not sure about this weakness. If you think it is not big enough of a weakness then we can change it.)
As is typical of a blueblooded individual Harkara is somewhat elitistic, believing that nobility are meant to be above the common folk as the ''most organic estate of the realm''. Her usage of the word ''organic'' is rather liberal due to her initial misunderstanding of what it meant and that meaning having enrooted in her. She looks down upon the non-nobility, but she views non-orc common folk ''slightly more couth than the orc rabble.'' Harkara's differentiation from the common folk of both orcs and other species can come as a problem.

* I am unsure which one the following armor is. Some pictures of it call it splint armor and other pictures call it scaled armor. Also, pics for what I am inspired by for the armor. One adjustment from this picture: There is some heavy cloth underneath the armor, of course, so no fully unprotected armpitsAlthough...Armor only is more of an orc thing and the character may seem too human if they have cloth underneath...(Funny enough I learned that clothes are actually good defence against slash attacks. Gambeson is interesting.) https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1c/16/97/1c1697b7e39e83dc9e8c9eb4a2460f97.jpg
Also, pic of the helm, but imagine it all be monotonous steel and slightly more crude. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/WLA_metmuseum_Tournament_Helm_Stechhelm.jpg

Last edited:
The armor you have linked, @Enki , is a splint mail. If you'd like me to give you a rundown on all that it does with relative historical accuracy and where it takes liberties, I can do a decent job of that.

The armor you have linked, @Enki , is a splint mail. If you'd like me to give you a rundown on all that it does with relative historical accuracy and where it takes liberties, I can do a decent job of that.
Well. I know that split mail's main focus was on protecting its wielder from attacks that would be swung, such as slashing attacks. That and it has same logic as mail has: task of giving some degree of defence while still trying to be light. Buut sure, would not mind.

And you are quite right! Splint mail's first purpose is against slashing while being a step up from chain in that it also offers some decent protection against piercing attacks, for the most part as a precise thrust against the chinks in the strips could wedge them apart. And, as fantasy armors go, what you have is pretty darn fantastic. The armor covers about as much as to be expected and even has lappets, the skirt portion, that protects the waist and upper thighs. There are the usual chinks at the joints and armpits, which would be covered as best they could by your aforementioned gambeson and by chain mail.

Which actually leads to the largest flaw in your armor, which is how tight it is. The mail you have shown is tight across the body, which is never a good idea because, when the armor starts denting, it's going to dig right into your flesh. Similar to a crustacean, hard protection until the point where something cracks in. Then all the guts spill out. So, unless we're dictating that Orcs have super tough, thick, and padded skin (in essence a gambeson) then I would simply tell us to imagine that you could fit the layers underneath. If you're worried about the chain mail, or hauberk if you prefer, getting in the way, don't be. There are plenty of images showing splint mail working in happy combination with this protective chain that would lie over the padded clothing to create a three layer defense. Which is the other reason why how tight the armor is important. Dents could simply squish down onto the lower layers, leaving the wearer generally unharmed, and breaks had lower levels that would at least provide moderate protection.

If I had to rate this armor, I'd give it an 8/10 as, while the tightness is a pretty decent flaw, it can easily be fixed with a bit of imagination versus having to change the overall design of the armor to give Harkara adequate protection.

Since Enki vouched for being an Indie, I decided to throw my hat in the ring as a squire. If anyone wants it i'm more then happy to switch roles so they can take my slot, though.
Name: Oockoo
Sex: Male
Race: Orc
Description:
full

Oockoo is a runt; stunted from a young age, he is shorter, weaker and less clever then many of his kin. These challenges would be enough by themselves, but the resulting stigma against him made life difficult.
Homeland: Gundertog, specifically the newly acquired village of J’vogg.
Biography: Mistreated from an early age, Oockoo is a shining example of ‘keeping one’s chin up’ even in the hardest times; Oockoo is known for his Optimistic and Naive outlook on life. A merchant’s youngest son, Oockoo was essentially a slave on his father’s hog-farm until about five years ago when King Bulgorg and the orcish nation of bulgorg was destroyed along with Auguaria, and Gundertog claimed the cities J’vogg and Kraghan. Now under new management Oockoo’s hog farm ran dry and Oockoo fled with new-found freedom eventually to find new work as a low-squire among the Order of the World Tree. He is now being squired in the class of Jorlan Danover.
Motivations: Simply to see new things, and experience the wonders of discovery and exploration. Oockoo dreams of seeing the world in full.
Strengths: Oockoo is kind and honest, coming across innocent if not absent-minded (because he is those things, actually)
Weaknesses: Oockoo grew up malnourished on top of his mental disabilities, this now meaning he has difficulty understand all but simple mental concepts. He is trusting to a fault, and has a weak immune system.

And here is the Journeymen all of us Squires will be working with:

Name: Jorlan Danover
Sex: Male
Race: Tirrinnian Human
Description:
f8a0b113986e0e051b976a89d5ae71db.jpg

Homeland: Tirrinnia
Biography: Humans are accepted as refugees in many places. To say that humans can be found in these places is known for a fact to be overly-optimistic, at least of you ask a Tirrinnian. Humanity teeters on the edge of extinction and the only place with enough of them to be full-blood is distant Tirrinnia, in Trion. Born and raised thinking this way, Journeyman Jorlan Danover can be brash and rude on the topic of politics. Ultimately his instincts and and skills surpasse so many of his peers that he is seen as the premier journeyman to be squired by in the Order. The fact that promotion has passed him by so many times could be of his own choosing, or that could be overly-optimistic.
Motivations: Jorlan’s motives are shrouded by his enigmatic and quiet nature. When he was young, all he wanted was to make a difference. What he wants now is lost even to him; he currently desires some form of retirement to be an option to Knights of the World Tree, after being passed over so many times, due only to his over-achievement.
Strengths: A skilled warrior with all manner of weapons, Jorlan can kill a man with a fork, they say. His wisdom and instruction is renowned across the order.
Weaknesses: He hates his job. After all the glamour, glory and words are stripped away, what he is, is a mill to produce agents that rise above him almost always, and nothing more. His overconfidence makes it easy to get the superb drop on him if you only have something he has yet to encounter (good luck with that, though)

And you are quite right! Splint mail's first purpose is against slashing while being a step up from chain in that it also offers some decent protection against piercing attacks, for the most part as a precise thrust against the chinks in the strips could wedge them apart. And, as fantasy armors go, what you have is pretty darn fantastic. The armor covers about as much as to be expected and even has lappets, the skirt portion, that protects the waist and upper thighs. There are the usual chinks at the joints and armpits, which would be covered as best they could by your aforementioned gambeson and by chain mail.

Which actually leads to the largest flaw in your armor, which is how tight it is. The mail you have shown is tight across the body, which is never a good idea because, when the armor starts denting, it's going to dig right into your flesh. Similar to a crustacean, hard protection until the point where something cracks in. Then all the guts spill out. So, unless we're dictating that Orcs have super tough, thick, and padded skin (in essence a gambeson) then I would simply tell us to imagine that you could fit the layers underneath. If you're worried about the chain mail, or hauberk if you prefer, getting in the way, don't be. There are plenty of images showing splint mail working in happy combination with this protective chain that would lie over the padded clothing to create a three layer defense. Which is the other reason why how tight the armor is important. Dents could simply squish down onto the lower layers, leaving the wearer generally unharmed, and breaks had lower levels that would at least provide moderate protection.

If I had to rate this armor, I'd give it an 8/10 as, while the tightness is a pretty decent flaw, it can easily be fixed with a bit of imagination versus having to change the overall design of the armor to give Harkara adequate protection.
Hmm. You are true about that. The armor is a bit too tight around the waist. I just had trouble finding female armor that is not, y'know, sexualized.

Hmm. I suppose I still have time to go to go through the internet in search of different armor.

I doubt you'd need to find another suit of armor, @Enki . Not unless you really wanted perfection. After all, we can simply imagine it looser, as a better fit, if you wanted us to. And yah, the amount of sexualized armor out there is rather disgusting. If you are going to seek for a replacement, search for the armor directly and nevermind who's wearing it. We'll just imagine your character in it.

I doubt you'd need to find another suit of armor, @Enki . Not unless you really wanted perfection. After all, we can simply imagine it looser, as a better fit, if you wanted us to. And yah, the amount of sexualized armor out there is rather disgusting. If you are going to seek for a replacement, search for the armor directly and nevermind who's wearing it. We'll just imagine your character in it.
Now here is the issue with armor:

My character is an orc, so that, in theory, means that for my character not to be snowflakey the armor should not be too fancy. BUT because my character is a member of a newly reformed nobility it does not make much sense for her to not attention into looks, thus the need for fancy and somewhat highly advanced(by medieval standards) armor.

On the side note, I don't mind sexualized armors when I am on purpose searching for them. I only mind them when I want non-sexual armor.

@Lazzamore Yo! Lazzie! What technology are orcs of Brull living in? Which type of armor may suit them? Would they be more in lines with Mongol appearance, what with Brull already being a Genghis Khan wannabe, or would they be more in lines with them copying humans and other species' fancy and/or conventional styles?

A bit hard, that one, @Enki . I think that they are closer to a European style of dress aesthetic between the two ideas, honestly, with Broll's 'Othian' style (Broll's old kingdom was called Oth) being a bit more complex and gaudy then the 'Gundrish' style in Rawloc's domain. Since between now and the fall of Oth the Orcs actually regressed with everything that happened, Gundertog has a simpler, more superstitious and more savage culture then New Oth.

Another thing to note is the New Oth is recent - before this generation when Broll re-rose to prominence Tagzan was controlled by an Orc merchant-king name Bulgorg, who had an empire by the same name and was destroyed when he sided with the Gnox of Auguaria against the Vanguard. So now Tagzan is New Oth controlled by Broll, who believes all orcs ought to be bound by a 'greater good' style blood oath (thus the name 'Oth'). If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot 'em my way!

Heyo, I'm pretty interested in the roleplay! Mind if I join up?
Also I have some questions about powers/magic and Blood Isle, if you don't mind.
Thanks

Yo! Here is my alternative for the armor. I guess this is more realistic while not being too fancy or modern for an orc, eh?

Back