Ame Damnee Kryamn Forest

Brutus Magnolia - Kryamn Forest

The forest fire that the Kitsune had started seemed to be extinguished as quickly as it had began. He'd wanted to scream at the Kitsune, berate her for her recklessness, but the Ethereal had beaten him to it. Through the ruins of the trees his well trained eyes could see Imogen, cradling the limp body of Cazimir, surrounded by ice that he guessed was the man's own creation. He felt powerless, only able to shield Rhiannon from the chaos ensuing around them.

The he saw the spirit. The stag came rushing through the forest and slammed into the kitsune, her body falling limp against the tree. His mind panicked, and he could only think of one thing to do. He shifted to wolf form and let out the loudest howl he'd given in his entire life, he was sure the entirety of Kryamn forest heard it. As the spirit moved its attention to him, he approached, not in a threatening stance, but a protective one.

He addressed the spirit in the tongue of the wolves. "I do not wish to fight you, mighty guardian. Enough blood has been spilled tonight on both sides. We did not intend to cause your forest harm, we merely wished to pass through, but harm has come, and we must atone. Tell me, what can we do to atone for the atrocities that we have committed here? If it can be resolved without loss of life, we'll do it. But if a life must be taken to satisfy your anger, I ask that you take mine. I will not let you harm my comrades any further."

The large stag glared at the wolf now that spoke to him as if as equals. It annoyed his already damaged and burnt pride, “Leave.As soon as you are all able to and never step foot in my forest again,” His gaze returned to Ryuna who was healing slowly, “That fox if I could take her from the world I would. Perhaps she what she seeks to stop would be better to happen,” He turned away from the group and vanished into thin air. The quiet of the forest was eerie and clung like a fowl odor to everything.

Rhiannon - Kryamn Forest

Rhiannon could only stare at the flames that had turned the forest into ashes around them. Her heart was in her throat only luck kept her on her feet. Some part of her could see and understand the fox doing what she did. Life to the beast was just a matter of proving who was stronger. War was a matter of atrocities. Who could commit the worst one to end the fighting for the moment showing their strength and cruelty. Slowly she made her way over to the too exhausted kitsune. Everyone demanded a reason for her behavior but it was so clear to Rhiannon.

She picked the woman up as gently as she could and put her on her horse’s back so she could be carried easily, “The sin of that which is war, is a sin that can’t be washed clean or justified to that which judges all.”

Ryuna, Kryamn Forest

Lost in her internal prison the fox found herself in a hell that no one would wish upon any but those that truly deserved it. Her purpose in this world destroyed her ability to understand that which was ruled by emotion over nature. It was the wolf’s nature to take the life of another thing to live. All around her the souls of other beings screamed and demanded freedom. Their wishes, wills and fear made her wish to close the door of her mind that separated them from her.

There wasn’t any closing that door as they forced her to remember what she had done to each and every one of them and why. Her tears had long ago been cried about what she was and what she did. She killed for the devil who lived off the souls within her. Her own soul was somewhere out there in the world waiting for her to become what she had been so long ago. She tried to figure out what that thing was but only found her mind could tell her nothing.

Lisa
Lisa was attacked by the rain and winds, holding her hat and light clothing tight to herself, then the cold itself seemed to freeze her feet, yet it was short lived and lasted merely a few minutes without any explanation. Then she realised what it was, that unfamiliar scent of burning, like the mini-warm things the invaders had made yet.. Worse. She noticed a woman falling from the sky, then the cruel man from before falling before feeling a thump on her shoulder, with the flying girl leaving to aid the man. "LISA!" She turned and looked at the rather stressed lady from before that had made her a colourful, heat-less flame and gave her a small hug. "The forest is not happy." She said calmly and simply. "Lisa is not happy too, but she is fine." She hummed, her head spinning sliightly as her mind tried to piece her broken little workd back together, her puffy red face simply incapable of crying anymore. A howl rang out through the sky in the direction of the dark clouds as she gazed around at the dozens of dead people, all ripped to shred by something she hadn't seen, but knew precisely what it was. "The forest.. Did this..?" She asked softly, already knowing the answer but finding it incomprehensible. "I.. Need.. a lie down.." she mumbled and sat down on her behind once more, resting her head on her skirt between her knees and staring into the darkness, her head being completely hidden by her ridiculous hat and all that being seen were a few strands of her bright blonde hair. A small squirrel decided to hop down with her and snuck its way under her hat along with her, seeking shelter and warmth with Lisa after witnessing the battle.
The animals were terrified too.

Cazimir Heskel
Kryamn Forest

"Please just wake up, Cazimir. Please..." he heard her voice in the middle of the abyss of unconsciousness. He could hear her speak in her head, that soothing voice, some voice he could not place. Mother? he wondered, but no, it was not her voice, he knew. It was someone else's. Someone... important to him...

His eyes fluttered open. Ever so slightly. He felt like his entire body had frozen over. For the very first time, he had felt cold, as if all the warmth had seeped out of his body. His limbs felt like a dead weight, his throat was dry as the desert, but somehow he was feeling a little better. Just a little bit. His vision was a little blurry, as he felt himself in the lap of another person. He could see her... she was smiling softly, with the lips he had kissed not too long ago, and her eyes were filled by a strange happiness. Did I manage it? he wondered. Did we save the forest? He cracked a small weak grin even as his body felt like absolute shit. "I'm amazing... aren't I...?" He felt like his energy was sapped from those four words, and he was breathing heavily after that one. "Damn... I've never... felt this bad since... that bitch Pride ripped my wings off..." He gulped, feeling his throat burn so bad it hurt. "Do you have... some water?"

Rene'ilyah
Kryamn Forest - With Alhon

Light. So warm and gentle... comforting. She had never felt this feeling before. Somewhere out there, she could see a figure, reaching out towards her. She could not see her face well, but she was bathed in white light, reflecting off the golden bracelet around her wrists... Renee reached out for her. Who are you? Her thoughts asked.

A gentle smile. A soft feminine voice. It was ancient yet young, talking. Her words echoed in Renee's head. "In your heart I see the light, the yearning to take flight. Find me, my child, and you shall see... All the more that you're destined to be."

She was fading away. "Wait!" she called out, but it was no good. Her form was fading. "Wait, please!"

Find me...

The angel opened her eyes slowly. She felt weak, exhausted. She was soaked to the bone, cold, and she couldn't help but shiver as she felt goosebumps all over her legs and arms. She looked around with a confused expression came on her face. She was in the middle of the forest, lying against the trunk of a tree... alone. Well, not completely alone. As she turned her head to the side, she saw a familiar face. It was the same guy who had pestered her earlier after the undead attack. What was his name... Alhon? She frowned. "You again? What are you doing here---" she was cut abruptly by an intense headache coming from the base of her skull. Murmuring curses under her breath, she blinked, trying to remember what happened. That's right... there was a forest fire. And she created a storm to stop it... There doesn't seem to be any fire anymore, although there was some frost on the leaves and trees for some reason, but she felt relieved. Thank goodness.

Last edited:
Alhon
Kryamn Forest

Alhon put a cigarette to his mouth and lit it with is finger tip; he had stabbed his two swords into the ground. He puffed in some smoke and released before answering. "You again..." he repeated, "It's not every day that a Hgronian has to save some bird lady falling from the sky."; he pulled up his sleeve and there was a stick that had stabbed through, happened when I caught her, he thought to himself. He pulled out the branch with a stiff pull and then cauterized it with his hand. He stood up; "Well, I don't know what the hell happened out there in that grove but, things seemed to have calmed down now."; he looked around and sighed, "Good area to..." he trailed off realizing that the woman in front of him probably wouldn't understand what he was talking about. He laughed, "As for the, "What are you doing here?" bit, I have been just wandering for sometime out here; other than that, been doing my normal thing, stabbing, slicing, climbing, etc. What about you Miss Bird Lady?" he said sarcastically as he laid down on the ground, he touched his mask; "Al...hon" he thought to himself in his native tongue.

Imogen
Kryamn Forest

Cazimir's eyes began to flutter open and a sea of relief washed over Imogen even though she already knew he was going to be alright. I guess the faery dust worked. She thought, slowing her beating wings to a snail's pace until finally, they came to a halt. Her smile grew in size but retained the same soft feeling and her hand that was running through his hair traced down his face to cup his cheek. Relief. Pure happiness. Love? A feeling of love, it can't be ... or was it compassion? If only you knew what you do to me, you brilliantly brave man. His smile came next, a small grin, and then rightfully egotistic words; "I'm amazing... aren't I...?" he asked. Imogen chuckled lightly at his comment and without thinking reached down to kiss his lips, pressing her soft mouth against his in a mixture of both comfort and longing. She removed her lips from his, letting them linger above his mouth as she pressed her forehead lightly against his. "You really are amazing, Cazimir Heskel." she unglued her forehead from his and smiled down at him gently.

Imogen's gentle smile vanished as he mentioned a woman, pride? who tore off his wings. What does that mean? she wondered, only to quickly push it to the back of her mind as he asked for water. "Oh, yes." Imogen looked around, a small puddle had formed beside them because of the melting ice. Imogen cupped her hand, creating a bowl, and scooped a bit of water from the puddle. She lifted the back of Cazimir's head lightly with her spare hand and brought her cupped hand to his mouth, letting him drink. "It's not much but we have water at the main camp. Can you walk? Should I get a horse or... do you want my help?" Imogen didn't want to lose their moment of closeness again but she knew they couldn't stay like that where they are. She smiled again, a pink hue filling in her cheeks, as she thought back to how he kissed her or rather, about how they kissed each other as if they were some kind of wild animals that had been searching for each other for centuries. I don't want to kill you. Cazimir's words in her head, what did he mean? I'll be alright. I know I'll be alright; I don't know why but I know you don't have to be afraid anymore, not with me. I promise.

Rythe, Kryamn Forest

Rythe approached his steed, quietly stroking its mane before mounting it with a quick pat. Obviously cold and mentally exhausted, he began a slow trot towards their previous direction, waving for the remaining wardens to follow as soon as possible. "I expect us to make Fairharvest by midday at the least. We'll leave a trail; if you can't depart now, double time it to our location, especially if you want to make it in time for lunch." Hopefully, the rest in the settlement could rejuvenate them before they continued their pursuit. He certainly sympathized with the lovers he had just left behind, it was an emotion he had lost long ago. Needless to say, she was gone, away to live on in the haven he was born of and subsequently departed those many centuries ago. But regardless, the compassion of the two served as quite a beacon of hope in such a dire situation...

Heaving a sigh, he sensed the first of the wardens joining his lead, devastating his silence and peace with the clicking of the horses' hooves. Sometimes Rythe wished that he wasn't forced to take command, it pained him to have to punish Ryuna, the frustrations truly got to his head and he was no Raakshdos nor Coelen, they would have handled this much better than he could ever have. The last grandmaster seemed to have disappeared in the chaos... He certainly would have known how to approach the situation in a more practical way than Rythe's own neutrality.

Ratchel
Kyramn Forest-Campfire

Ratchel sat next to the child offering a shoulder to cry on. Not sure on what she could say to ease the mental trauma that this poor thing has gone through, to have all your beliefs shattered so violently, for someone so young, was a pain she could not imagine, and all in one day no less. She did see a light in all this darkness, with the two lovers. All in a short time, they had found their soul mate, the emotions from it was so pure that it seemed to radiate hope itself..... Though. There was also a bitterness towards them. The constant love that they felt for each other, only seemed to remind her of those who she had loved and lost. She envied them and it made her sick, it was wrong to chastise even silently their feelings for each other yet it seemed as if a darker part of the half-angel was wanting to stop this love train out of spite.

Frowning as she smacked her head with a gauntlet hand harder than she really wanted, hissing a little at the pain. Why? Why am I being a envious bitch!? Am I really so, petty about others finding love?! Not really knowing who she was at that moment she started to play with her hair, it was a childhood nervous reaction she had from time to time. Usually when under immense stress or when she couldn't figure out a problem that was eating at her.

As the stag vanished before his eyes, Brutus shifted to his human form again and began gasping for air. He hadn't even realized that he held his breath for the forest spirit's entire speech. He ran a hand through his hair as he looked around and took stock of the losses. Rythe was giving orders to depart for Fairharvest, Rhiannon was taking care of the kitsune, and Ratchel, Imogen and Cazimir seemed to be over near the majority of the carnage.

If they didn't hear the Ethereal's order then he needed to help them get moving. He moved over to the faery girl and her new lover, letting them have their moment as they kissed. Looking at the ice and the status of the playboy, Brutus could only assume that he did this, and felt a grudging respect for the man. He stood over them, a small smile on his face. "You both made it, good." He knelt down and picked up Caz in his arms. "I can carry him to a horse, but you're gonna have to make sure he doesn't fall off, Imo." He said with a wink. Relief but at the same time guilt radiated off him. He knew this was his fault, had he not interrupted, they wouldn't have rushed off into the forest and this mess wouldn't have happened.

He stood up gently cradling Caz in his arms, and looked over to the single mother. "Ratchel, we're headed out. If the girl wants to come, she can come, but if she doesn't, I certainly wouldn't blame her." He called out to her gently, no hostility in his voice. He then turned and walked, indicating for Imogen to follow. On the way over to the horse, he muttered in Caz's ear. "That girl really cares for you, I hope you feel the same way. I speak from experience though when I say you cant let your fears hold you back from acting on your feelings. If the love feels true, then you'll find a way." He gently sat the playboy on the horse before returning to his love.

He approached Rhiannon as she mounted up, looking over the limp body of the girl who set this forest ablaze. "You ok?" He asked Rhiannon as they began walking with the rest of the group.

Rhiannon - Kryamn Forest

The vampire’s sad eyes moved from the fox who was now having a fever that didn’t seem like it would let up anytime soon to her beloved, “I am fine,” She replied softly as she stroked one of the soft ears that topped Ryuna’s head, “She will not be though.”

It had taken some time but she now remembered what bothered her about this kitsune. She knew her or at least had seen her before. On the day her village had been attacked and Rhiannon had been changed into a vampire. Ryuna had been the one to set the entire place on fire. She had worn a mask back then. A black fox mask with gold and red paint decorating it in leaf like patterns.

There are some sins that never can be washed away. Sins that taint not just the body and mind but the very soul. Why did the fox try to be a good soul after that point in time? Her mind was confused and tired. The pull to sleep was strong as she knew the sun would be rising soon. She mounted behind the fox and pulled her into her arms to keep her from falling off, “I have too much on my mind it seems and many of those thoughts are about this fox. We shall talk when we get to town. I’ll need to hide from the sun for today I think.”

Ryuna, Kryamn Forest (Memories from her past.)

The fever that ravished her body left the kitsune unable to pull herself from her realm of slumber. In there she watched as a helpless captive while a masked version of herself slaughtered through thousands. Why was she doing this? She tried to get the past version to stop but found herself helpless to prevent any of it.A certain scene stood out among them all.

A young girl played under a tree where the kitsune had been slumbering. Her ruby red hair danced all about her as she chased after a black dog that held a stick in its mouth. The kitsune was entranced by the child so much that she leaned over too far only to have her mask fall from her face and land on the grass covered ground below. Startled the girl gasped and turned to stare at the black object then up at the fox woman that was perched up in the branches of the tree.

“Who are you?” The little one had asked as the great beast at her side whined clearly sensing the danger its young mistress could be in.

“I am known as Siege,” The kitsune had replied as she sat up then allowed herself to drop down to the ground near her mask, “Who are you dear little one? Do your parents know you wondered so deep into the belly of this nightmare?”

“Nightmare?!” The girl laught as loud as she could while grasping her belly, “Daddy says if you laugh really really loud those are scared away! Mommy and Daddy named me Ryuna Dawn. They named me that so I would be brave and strong! At least that’s what Daddy says! Why did your Daddy and Mommy call you Siege? That sounds like a good strong name! But what does it mean?”

The kitsune found herself completely surprised by the joy that rolled off the little child before her. She wasn’t afraid of anything it seemed. Nothing made her waver in her belief that she was safe and no one would harm her because she was strong. The feeling that normally clouded the fox’s heart when she heard such nonsense was absent as she listened to the little one for hours go on and on about the things she knew and loved.

The child made her envy the simple calm life she had. They parted ways sometime later. The child to her home. The fox to her group.

Sometime that evening they group raided a village like they had many times over. As they were collecting their spoils the fox found the body of that child she had met earlier. Picking up that body she carried it to the grove where they had met and buried her beneath the tree, “I’m so sorry, little one,” Tears of dark ruby read fell from the fox woman’s eyes, “I’ll keep your name alive.”

As she relived this memory the kitsune who slumbered in the arms of the vampire who carried her cried those same ruby red tears.

Last edited:
Lisa
Lisa stood up with a shaky breath, squirrel resting on her shoulder and her golden eyes remaining closed, for fear of seeing what would be before her once again. "If I stay.. The forest gets hurt..." she sighed after a moment of thought. "I will go with you... Monsters, but only to make sure you spread no harm." She whispered, her heart slow and heavy in her chest. The forest probably hated her for the trouble she caused, and even the thought of it wanted to toss her into bawling tears, which would have been so easily done, but it would get her no where, heart as miserably shattered as it was. "I'm sorry.." she sighed in an almost singing voice, unheard to all as her words were snatched away by the winds and twisted away from them all "Please forgive me..". Lisa softly gave the woman twirling her hair a hug and pulled off her hat. "Would you like to play with my hair?" She asked innocently, already hugging a small bunch of it in her hands. She had always cleansed herself with pure natural ingredients given to her by the spirit, and so, smelled like a wonderous mixture of different flower fragrances.

Cazimir Heskel
Kryamn Forest

The kiss was short and sweet, and Cazimir felt his heart race from that small contact, longing for more as she pulled back from him. For her to kiss him like that so nonchalantly... what are they now, exactly? He didn't know, he didn't want to know. He didn't want to feel anything, or admit anything, because he knew what would happen if he did. Instead he closed his eyes and captured this moment, something to remember for when he could no longer permit himself to stay by her side. She helped her drink some water, soothing his throat, but when she asked if he could walk, he could not help but laugh a little, the question sounding so ridiculous at that certain point in time. "Imo," he had grown fond of calling her by the little nickname. "I can't even lift a goddamn finger."

To his slight annoyance and relief, Brutus came and picked him up, manhandling him like he weighted nothing. It was probably very frustrating for anyone else to be in that position at that moment, barely able to move your body, feeling your energy sapped away so intensively. But to him it was a small blessing. With his body being like this, he could probably stay with Imogen for a little while longer. Probably long enough to tell her everything... and make understand why none of this will ever work. Maybe then... she'd be willing to let him go.

The thought felt like a stab in his heart, getting bigger and bigger as he thought about it. But that's what I wanted... right?

Then he heard the whisper in his ear. "That girl really cares for you, I hope you feel the same way. I speak from experience though when I say you can't let your fears hold you back from acting on your feelings. If the love feels true, then you'll find a way." He wanted to laugh. Ha! What do you know? This guy knows nothing of everything he had ever gone through because of the way he is. Because of the nature of his curse. Unless they miraculously found a way to get rid of a pest that has plagued him for the last eight centuries, there is no way they will ever work. If the love feels true, then you'll find a way... "Bullshit." he murmured as he watched the lycan leave towards his lover. "Easy for you to say."

Thankfully, he could balance himself well enough on the mount if he held on the horse's neck gently. "Don't I look pathetic like this?" he asked Imo, although he really didn't mind, he just needed an excuse to stare at her. His golden eyes at that moment looked sad and vulnerable, then he buried his face on the horse's neck. "Imo..." he murmured. "When we leave, can we stay a little far away from the others? Or better yet, can you establish that mind link, or something? I... need to tell you something."

Something that might just make you fear me forever.

***​

Rene'ilyah
Kryamn Forest - With Alhon

Renee made a frown as the man regarded her, particularly on the whole "Bird Lady" nickname. "I'm not some vicious harpy. I'm an angel." she said, sounding a little offended as she stood up, staggering, before placing her weight on the trunk beside her. She remembered his name when he said it... Alhon. She looked around, seeing that most of the trees around her were covered in front. Did she make it snow somehow? She closed her eyes and tried to remember... no, no. She only made it rain. In the middle of that whole thing, she had lost track of what was happening around her, but she was sure as hell she had nothing to do with the ice around her. Could it be... Cazimir? she wondered, frowning. She had not expected that of him. She had not expected much from him, in fact. The man has never been the heroic type, who would be willing to spend some energy for something as noble as saving the forest. Maybe I thought so lowly of him. she wondered, making a mental note to thank him for his efforts later.

Leaning on her sword for support, she glanced at the direction of the campsite and but her lip. "I need to get back to camp." she made a frown, remembering her outburst towards the kitsune. Should she apologize for that? No, Renee, you are in the right. she told herself, as she glanced back at Alhon. For the second time in the past days here he is again, seeing her in a weak and vulnerable state. How disgraceful. she thought, chastising herself. At least the forest seemed to have calmed down now, but you never know what's just around the corner, lurking beneath the shadows of the forest. "We are in an expedition to get back Aditi's plume. It was stolen in the middle of the undead attack last time." Staring at him for a moment, from his head down to his feet and back up, as she seemed to wonder, before deciding. "You should come with me." she offered, as she gave him an as-a-matter-of-factly look. "It's dangerous here. Well, I would not be too worried about you since the fact that you got yourself here in the middle of the forest means you're capable enough, but we have just lost a couple of Wardens in the attack of the forest spirit, I don't think they'll mind another competent person joining the ranks." she silently complimented. Without waiting for his response, she started walking in the direction she had flew from, hoping against all hope that she got the direction correctly.

Sure enough she realized that she had chosen correctly, at least when she heard the crying voice of the child. What was her name? Lisa. She walked faster, staggering a little, but there was enough strength in her limbs to reach it, the place she wanted to go to. She saw Ratchel there as well, as if comforting the child, and Renee could not help but crouch down before the little girl, patting her head softly. Lisa was apologizing, as if she believed everything was her fault. For some reason, she remembered her younger self from her. "Shh.." she softly replied, as she gave the kid a soft kiss in the forehead. For so long she had been watching Ratchel and Lisa interact, she had never had the nerve to approach them, being unsure of how to handle kids herself. But this time, amidst her weariness and exhaustion, she finally found the courage to speak. "It's not your fault, Lisa. The forest was merely trying to protect you." she knew. Her bird golem has told her. "The forest has killed some of our allies, and the forest has lost some of its home from the fire... everyone lost something. This is the effect when people do not understand each other." she said, with a sad smile. A headache once again erupted from the base of her skull, and she held her head, groaning in pain, turning to Ratchel. "Can you fill me in on what happened? Nobody got hurt from the storm I summoned, I hope?"

@Trust @OmniversalRPer

Alhon
Kryamn Forest - With Renee

Alhon looked around as he followed Renee, he watched her crouch down and comfort a small child, he had no idea what was going on so he minded his own business. He touched his mask and then pulled out a cigarette and lit it with his finger-tip discretely, he took a big puff, released, and then kept the cigarette in his mouth. He put his swords away and waited for Renee to take action. He thought about what it would be like to join the ranks of the expedition.

Imogen
Kryamn Forest

Imogen watched as Brutus approached them, lifting Cazimir in his arms and escorting him to a horse. She had felt such rage or betrayal, toward the lycan earlier and was struggling to find forgiveness for him as she watched him carry Cazimir away. A frown appeared on the Fae's face, she hadn't felt the feelings she did now since she discovered that her adoptive parents were just that, adoptive. Imogen knew it wasn't fair to feel the way she did about Brutus and she did what she always did, searched for the good again. He is helping Cazimir by carrying him, there is no way I could do that and Rythe already left. Maybe he's changing his mind about Caz. I sure hope so.

Imogen pushed herself to her feet and jogged toward the horse Cazimir was on, he was asking her if he looked pathetic which brought a small smile to her face. "You don't look pathetic, let me help you." The girl studied the horse, trying to figure out how to mount the thing. She had never been on a horse before and to be honest, the creature made her nervous. She didn't want him to think she was pathetic for not being able to ride a horse, so the Fae fluttered her wings and positioned herself behind Cazimir. Her hands found the back of his shirt, both for support for herself and support for him. Man I must look stupid right now...

"
Imo" his voice sounded in her ears, calling her by the nickname he dubbed her ever so fondly. Something about the way he called her that warmed her heart, it was endearing and she felt the butterflies dance in her stomach every time he called her it. He began to ask her about the mind linking she had brought up earlier, a means to communicate with each other without others being able to listen in. He had something he wanted to tell her, but what? she thought. Does it have something to do with what he said earlier she wondered. Imogen knew if she established the connection between Cazimir and her that the connection she established with Brutus earlier would be severed. She looked over to the lycan one last time, knowing that she would have to talk to him at some point about everything that happened. Imogen turned to Caz again, this time with a smile.

"Of course." she said quietly but happily. "I have to... touch you." Imogen explained as a hand reached from behind him, finding its way to cup the side of his face as it did before when he was yelling at her for chasing after him. Her eyes closed and concentrated; she rejected all of her own thoughts from her mind and focused on Cazimir's. It felt different, connecting to Cazimir over connecting to Brutus, why? Was it because Cazimir was part fae? Would that change how the connection worked once they were linked? Regardless, Imogen continued to focus on connecting the light pathways she imagined between their minds. As they began to converge and become one, she knew the link was complete. The girl slowly removed her hand from Cazimir's face, even though she wanted to leave it there, and placed it on his side to help him balance. "It's done. If you think of my name really hard, I should be able to hear you, which tells me you want me to listen to your thoughts... and that's how we communicate." she told him by projecting her words into his mind. The thought of them being connected in such an intimate way made Imogen blush, there was something different about this mind link indeed.

Ratchel
Kyramn Forest

Note: (This is carried over from the Yadressil's forest thread)

Before she could reprimand her thoughts any further, Ratchel felt a small, warming, embrace. Lisa. Realizing that she went back to her childhood habit of playing with her hair, when under Immense stress, she cursed herself under her breath and was about to say that Lisa had nothing to apologize for.

"Would you like to play with my hair?"

Ratchel's heart melted at Lisa's innocents, feeling some dampness in her eyes from the gesture but keeping the tears in if just for her own pride. She let out a small tired chuckle. "How can I refuse?" Softly playing with Lisa's golden strands of hair made her feel more relaxed, and, even though it was a small gesture. She felt like a mother she wanted to be. Always able to play with her children, comfort them in any way she could, and forget about her worries, because right now. There was a list of them starting to form in the darkest parts of her mind.

Which was why she physically cringed when Renee came and interrupted, wanting to know what happened and if anyone was hurt by the storm cloud. Standing up and gently fixing Lisa's hair, she began telling Renee what she knew. "I don't really know the details of what happened, as far as I can tell, it involved Imogen and that playboy being carried by the lycan." Pointed towards Brutus placing the man on a horse. Somehow he was able to mount in his condition. Another mental note was added to the list, from the little she knew. If it wasn't for that jackass, acting like a jackass, we could have avoided this whole carnage! Also, that damned Lycan shared most of the blame, when will that fucking idiot learn not to barge into other's business!?

Catching herself chastising on someone again, rubbing the bridge of her nose with a blue-silver gauntlet. Gee, I didn't think it was my time of the month already!! Great! Just great! She was now insulting and belittling herself, after this, she needed to see a shrink. Looking physically and mentally drain she regarded Renee with baggy eyes just, she just wanted to get some sleep after all this. "The storm did not harm anyone. I can't say the same for the fire, that insane fox started! But hey, she couldn't give a rats ass about us." It was then she heard something, a whistling in the wind, something moving at very high speeds and from the sounds, it seemed to be directly aimed at..... Give me a fucking break... Not fast enough to pull out her weapon a string of pure red lunged at her like a snake from a tree, or should she say through a tree since the string seemed more ethereal then anything else. At high speeds it started to wrap around her right index finger, faster, and faster, until it formed a solid crimson ring. "What the fuck!?" She yelled as she tried to get the ring off but to no avail. "What is this?! Why did it?! Who the fuck is Artimeties!? Why do I now know that name?!" Saying all this while trying to get this damned ring off.

He gave his beloved a quick kiss on the cheek when she said she needed to hide from the sun. "Alright. I'll be at the front of the group, I decided to let Imogen have her moment with the playboy so I'm the only tracker we have right now. Stay safe, love." He changed into wolf form and was about to make his way to the front when he felt something off, like a connection being severed. He looked over to Imogen, who was cupping Cazimir's cheek, he thought her name and waited for a reaction, but there was nothing, no response. His ears drooped and his eyes watered as he felt his heart break a little inside. He thought he'd mended things a little bit by helping Caz to a horse, but apparently Imo chose to cut him out completely.

He rushed to the front of the group, needing to put his mind to work on other things. He lead the group a little ways ahead before coming to a stop in front of what looked like a suit of armor. He approached it cautiously, sniffing around the pieces to try and discover what happened. The pieces were arranged in the same manner they would be on a man, but the body of the man seemed to be missing. The scent he picked up contained hints of the kitsune, and a certain scent he picked up before, during the zombie attack on New Eden. This armor belonged to Raakshdos, his body apparently evaporated where he stood, leaving only his armor behind. He shifted back to human form and called out. "Sir Rythe, you're going to want to see this!"

Rythe, Departing Kryamn

Rythe, having already departed with about 3/4 of the remaining wardens, wouldn't be present for the discovery of Raakshdos' body, though he already had lingering suspicions of his demise. Just as they exited the darkness of the forest, Rythe skid to a halt as a voice penetrated into his mind. Lucifer. Already, his mind raced with thoughts and tactics before he turned to his company,
"You five, double up shields, one on the back, one forward, you're coming with me. I'll be using your eyes, but you are not to engage in this battle, stay on the edges and keep your eyes on the surroundings. You might feel a bit of discomfort when I begin to use your eyes. The rest of you, continue to Fairharvest, leave an obvious trail. Keep the volunteers there, the situation is going to keep snowballing if they come."
Each giving a beat of the chest to the company, they split into groups of 6 and 12, each bound for their destination. Rythe reached beneath his plates, quickly grasping the links that restricted him and tore it from his shoulder, leaving it in his pockets. Snapping at the reins, they sped up, moving at the limit of their steeds' capacity. From their position and speed, they would quickly arrive at their location.

Rhiannon - Kryamn Forest

The vampire was unaware of the pain her lover was going through at the moment. Her mind was on getting the group to the town at a quick clip. The sight of Brutus changing back into his human form allowed her to glimpse what had caught his attention. Armor that looked oddly familiar. It wasn’t until she heard the concern in his voice and felt the fox in her arms stir slightly did she put two and two together.

Did Ryuna even know? Was this why she had been ready to destroy everything with little thought to what it would do to anyone around her? Rhiannon pulled the fox tighter to her as she noticed her ears move a bit more before her eyes opened. The gaze that peered out at the world was the sort of a cold hearted killer. This beast she held to her chest was thinking about killing something. She let her go as she sat forward.

Ryuna, Kryamn Forest

The dreams finally allowed her to surface. As she woke she was filled with the sensation that something was wrong. The arms around her were to delicate to be a man’s. She sat forward for a moment before she stared at the armor ahead of them, “To hell with you,” She muttered as she wiggled from the horse’s back. Walking over to the armor she angerly slammed her foot down on the chest piece, “I know you plan something. Death was just the easy way of getting to it. Don’t worry I’ll stop you. Hearts are only for the weak.”

Her flames engulfed the armor reducing it to ashes a feat no normal flames could do. Her gaze moved then to the group. They didn’t need her after all. Despite being deep in sleep she knew what they said about her. Insane, crazy, stupid even. That was fine. She wasn’t there to hold their hands and be their friends. Simply keep the realms divided. That was her purpose.

She remembered clearly now. Her sin of envy came from wanting to be like everything around her. To be just a normal tree or a normal fox or perhaps human. Standing straighter she moved away from those that would simply yell and claim she knew nothing, “Go home,” She told them, “Enjoy your lives while there is still time for it.”

Her soul she needed to find it before he could. Closing her eyes she reached inside of herself for the fragment that lingered like the last residue of honey in a jar before it was washed. Markings would appear over her body. A pentagram appearing on her chest surrounded by a tree complete with roots and heavy branches that reached for those roots. So far the feeling of her soul was faint and far away.

Lisa
Lisa had been hugging her knees while the kind woman from before fiddled with her hair, she didn't try to understand what most of the voices around her were saying and focused on what had happened, but a small kiss on the forehead and several kind words brought her back, and despite them telling her how it 'wasn't her fault', her heart remained heavy, cold and sluggish in her chest. Soon enough, the one named Ratchel began swearing about something in her own tongue, but Lisa didn't pay any heed. She felt strangely disconnected from the forest, like she didn't belong there anymore, soft tears dribbled out of her eyes, but she made no sound and traveled towards one of the spare large beasts the invaders had brought with them. She lept up onto its bare back and hugged around its neck carefully, the horse barely flinched, simply because of how natural it all seemed. "Lisa will follow." She said to nobody in particulae. "Take me with them." She whispered to the horse, that gave a snort of agreement. She was tired, emotionally and physically, and needed a bit of rest. The final small trail and tears having slipped off her cheeks as her mind was snatched away into nothingness. "The girl was in my memories." He subconscious whispered to her. "She could have changed anything." It continued, whispering more and more dark thoughts into her mind.

To those around her, it simply appeared as though she were having a nightmare, twitching slightly as her faced scrunched up in fear of what might have happened. The horse merely kept walking after those in front.

Cazimir Heskel
Kryamn Forest

When he felt her touch against his cheek, he closed his eyes, feeling just a tad bit comforted. Her skin was so soft, her hands so gentle. She looked so pure, and innocent, smiling lovingly, that in that moment she reminded him a little bit of his mother's touch, which made him feel all the more melancholic. She flew and rode behind him, making sure he does not fall back from his horse, and he could feel her hand on his side, keeping him steady.

Cazimir hesitated. He did not how from where he should start. At that very moment his biggest concern was how to convince Imogen to stay back, to make her understand, but for the most part of the ride, he just stared out silently as they followed the other out to Fairharvest. How should he start a tale of death and murder? How should he begin? He remembered his life before all this shit happened. It was a simple life, but it was the best he had. He had everything he ever wanted and needed. What he would give to go back to thsoe times, when his heart wasn't caged in fear...

If the love feels true, then you'll find a way...

No. No, no, no. He will not hold on to false hope. He will not mess this up. He will ensure the safety the first woman who had ever made him feel these intense feelings of affection, the first woman he felt like going through hell and back for. He sighed, as he kept his eyes close on the trail in front of them. Imogen, he called out in his head. The memories were so vivid, the material of his nightmares, when the shock and pain registered on her face, when her blood painted the walls, when he woke up to her dead body in front of him. I... killed my mother.

It was a simple statement, but he felt like he was breaking. From the inside out, he was breaking. An intense wave of self hatred licked on his being once again, wondering why exactly is he still alive, when all those people.. All those people... he took a shaky breath and continued. I killed my mother and many others. The pain inside him felt so bad that he felt like he was drowning. He wanted to gasp, he wanted to run from himself. More than anything, he just wanted the pain to stop. But it will never stop. Even now, this piece of happiness he had found in Imogen... this is something he will tear down with his own hands one way or another. Every person I've ever cared for, every person I've ever treasured... I killed them all. For the longest time, I did not even know why.

It started slowly... since I was young. The first one was my mother. And then my closest friends, all starting to die around me. Murdered. I was so angry, Imo. I wanted revenge for every one of them, I wanted to hunt down the devil that killed them, I wanted to watch that person die with my own hands... and then I started to get these nightmares of me killing them, only to realize later that... they were memories. It was real.
he laughed bitterly. I was the one who killed them all along. For the longest time, I wondered if I was possessed by some devil. Either that, or I'm going crazy. During those times I stayed in Oblitus and avoided people, tried to kill myself one or two times... I wish I just had the guts to go through with it, but I was naive enough to yearn for a better ending.

He was silent for a moment, before he continued. Imo... have you ever heard of the Harbingers? I guess not, they must have been so far from your time. I... he hesitated. I had a friend that was part of them. Xena. The sin of Pride. She was the one who diagnosed what was wrong with me, showed me how I could conquer it, taught me how I can face the world and people again. You see... I was a cursed child. All she could say is that it must have been something I was born with, something that clung to me so much, it was virtually impossible to be taken away. A curse... he trailed off. ...to kill off everyone and anyone that I grant my affections to. Platonic or romantic, as long as I treasure and care for them more than the average acquaintance, I just... snap. And the next thing I knew, their blood is already in my hands. his hands tightened a little bit on the horse in front of him. I've been living in New Eden for a while now, and I'm afraid my reputation as a player was the least worst thing I've been doing. I have done horrible, horrible things in my stay. I... killed a lot of people, used a lot of people, just to make myself feel numb. Because... being alone is simply... a lonely way to live.

He sighed. Imo... I am not a dashing hero or prince in a stupid fairytale. I'm not someone who can sweep you off your feet. I'm a monster. No matter how you look at it, I have always just brought chaos and destruction. I am sorry for ever approaching you. I was curious, I was arrogant, I was certain that I could control myself around you. I didn't realize things will go like this. Because Imo... you are... too easy to fall in love with.

After that confession, he didn't relay his thoughts anymore. He simply leaned down on the horse and closed his eyes. Trying not to see, trying not to look. Any moment now, he wanted her to recoil from him, to feel disgusted and scared. Any moment now... Please, Aditi, just make her go away.

It was the first time in a long while that he found himself praying.

***​

Rene'ilyah
Kryamn Forest

Since everyone seemed to be leaving, Renee looked back behind her, seeing that the guy--- Alhon--- looked as if he was studying the group, but there was an eager look of interest in his eyes. Her eyes lingered on the piece of poison in his mouth--- that is, the cigarette, and she could not help it, she just walked towards him, plucked it right out of his mouth and crushed the ember right out of her feet. "I know its not my place to say this but... well... please don't smoke around me, and more importantly, not around children. Please?" she said in a little bit of a requesting tone, as she glanced at Lisa who was mounting one of the horses, still looking rather depressed. Renee was worried, but sometimes people need some time to themselves. She walked to one of the horses, mounting it and tightening her hold in the reins, as she glanced back at him. "I will be joining my group now. Should you want to join us or not is not a concern of mine. But..." she looked around, realizing all the steeds have already been mounted, and with a frown she glanced back at the Hgronian. "If you have decided to join, unless you feel more comfortable on your feet, would you like to ride with me?" she tilted her head. The horse she was on now was strong enough, it could easily carry two people. Besides, she was light and petite. "Don't get the wrong idea." she added with a frown, knowing how teasing the guy could be. "It would just be faster for us, we have so little time, so hurry up and decide."

Last edited:
Back