Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lake Aranai

Fuck you, Tycho, and your shitty magpie tendencies. Couldn't have left the weird bathing underwear girl alone, could you? Just had to have a little lookie-loo and get yourself snared by a katana wielding superfreak.

He struggled - he struggled hard, but the sheath tripped him up as the water snared him, even as he tugged at the magic and churned his feet on the grassy ground. His fists were still adorned in copper, but his fingers were slowly losing feeling - when he'd come back, he'd come back with sausage fingers, apparently.

Couldn't have been a normal bird, either - just had to be a fucking dragon mage. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"Y'can't kill me," he croaked, "better folks'n you have tried. I ain't impressed with th'water works, neither."

She walks up to, enough distance as he can't lash out with his legs to kick her or trip her, an evil sadistic smile on her face.

"Oh no deary, I prefer my play things alive and feisty, the feistier the better. The funner to break them." Her last words very dark, and seductive.

Her smile turns to a sadistic smirk as her eyes slowly undress him mentally, wondering what exactly is beneath those clothes.

"I am not here to dazzle you my pet, simply to entertain myself and you so happened to volunteer to join the fun. Make you a deal my pet. You quit fighting me, put those childish toys on your hands away and we can truly make a deal for your freedom." She says softly, a tone of warmth creeping slightly into her voice.

Just as she finished her sentence, a young red dragon lands about 10 ft from where her clothing sits.

"Lady Mortyra, this man bothering you? Need I handle this?" The young red dragon growl showing his sharp teeth.

"No need my darling friend, I am nearly trying to get a new pet to play with since the last one decided to run away before the fun could start."

It was at that moment that the water of the lake burst upwards once again, this time unbidden by Mortyra's magic. Tendrils of shimmering liquid the width of tree trunks made to rush towards both combatants, aiming to immobilise them in a surprisingly solid grip for a limb formed wholly of water - pinning their arms to their sides and lifting them from the ground entirely. Mortyra would find that the lake's water no longer danced at her command; for all her affinity to it, its loyalty lay elsewhere.

In the spray, another figure stepped into view, seemingly coalescing from the scattered water droplets. He was a slight boy, youthful in appearance and clad only in swirling currents of water - shimmering brightly enough to preserve his modesty. His hair was a shade of aqua that matched the surface of the lake on the clearest of days, and so too were his bright and inquiring eyes.

"No fighting on the beach!" The boy exclaimed, resting his hands on his hips in a childish gesture that was nothing short of a pout.

"Are you fuckin' kiddin' me," Tycho spluttered, quickly shaking out of the knuckle dusters and letting them fall back into his coat pockets. With any luck, the boy - who was apparently stronger than the fucking dragon girl - wouldn't have noticed them.

"Fine," he called to the newcomer, "jes lemme go an' that'll be that."

Startled, Mortyra's cold demeanor change quickly as she quickly realize she had trespassed against a spirit of this lake. She knew, even with her abilities of elemental manipulation, it was not wise to rile a spirit of anything.

"Apologies, I had no idea that you were of this lake. I meant no disrespect spirit." She explained in a soft, now seeming motherly tone of voice as she stared to the child with her lucid blue silver eyes that were reminiscent of the moon shining upon a lake surface disturbed by a cool breeze, her expression was sincere.

Even the red dragon, though apprehensive and wanting to protect Mortyra knew his place when it came to elemental entities, if he were other, turning this spirit to a wisp of steam would be an easy feat, but for now in his youth he knew better to consider such a thing. He sat quietly watching, knowing his friend had been raised by her mother with a healthy respect for spirits as her mother was close kin being a nymph to such spirits as this boy before them. Her half nymph blood danced with delight to the chaotic nature or this spirit's magic being so close to this planet's spirit itself! The young dragon, showing his respect, lowered his head in a makeshift bow of respect to the spirit.

"My Lady simply was bathing, she is not one normally for rash actions as these. May she continued to bathe in your pure waters if she promises peace and leaving your water to your controlling." The young red dragon asked the spirit. "I can assure you I will enforce her obedience in the matter."

Mortyra shot a look over to her companion warningly about his remark to force her obedience. How dare a red try to order a black around! She scolded him with a telepathic message. HALF BLACK Mortyra and for your sake, you best behave for even I can't help if this spirit turns a wrath upon you. The red dragon replied telepathically. She softened her gaze, he wasn't being brutish, he was protecting as he once did as she was a babe, he expression softened lovingly toward the red dragon. Her rage toward the situation, the red, and the man who tried to rob her seemed to melt, her shoulders relaxing.

"You have my word that I will finish my bath in peace then leave." Her voice was delicate, a slight sob of affection for the red caught in her throat making her quickly say her peace and fall silent, looking away toward the trees, longing to be in their dark tendrils so they could not see as the first tear in centuries fell from her face.

If the man across from her was paying any attention, he would see the tear, the deep look of sorrow in those lucid silver blue eyes that now seemed like a sorrowful day upon a quiet lonely stream.

And it was as simple as that. The watery tendrils dissolved in a sparkling splash, droplets scattering on the floor around the two combatants. The spirit beamed. "Alright, good! As long as there's no more fighting!"

After a few moments, the swirling waters around him coalesced into something more closely resembling a normal outfit - an unassuming shirt and jeans - and he stepped fully clear of the shallows to greet them. "You're welcome to swim and wash if you'd like! I always enjoy visitors, as long as they're friendly. My name is Teo, and this is my lake!"

He glanced between the man, the woman and the dragon with an open, friendly smile. "Who are all of you?" His eyes settled on Tycho first. "Why were you trying to rob her?" Then they moved to Mortyra. "And what were you trying to do to him? I didn't understand all of the things you were saying to him. You seemed to be saying a lot of things that sounded like they meant different things to what you said..."

Tycho's arms flung outward at his sides, a result of straining against the magic. He windmilled lightly, regained his balance, and scowled at the boy, rubbing frantically at the back of his neck.

"Nah," he said again, his arms flinging wildly, wiping at his coat as if to wash the mess of this situation off of him. His face was clean, at least.

"I ain't got nothin' more t'do with either of ya. S'it for me."

Waving over his shoulder, he stomped away, muttering about water magic, knuckle dusters, and crazy temptresses.

She couldn't help but smirk as the man walked away stomping and muttering like a child.

"It seems the water spirit is more grown in behavior than the man, wouldn't you agree my Red?" She said teasingly without looking to the dragon, knowing full well he would be listening for her wishes.

"Agreed Lady Mortyra. But shall we chose our words wisely in front of the water spirit? Hmm?" The red dragon pressed.

She waved at the dragon dismissively, "Yea, yea." With a grin, she turned to the child, fully turning to face him. "You must not get a lot of company to realize many things people say can and often do have dual meaning or even worse in many cases a hidden meaning which is often accompanied by a hidden agenda. Am I correct in that assumption young Teo?" She asked, her voice soft as silk. "Many of my words had dual meaning behind them, along with a hidden agenda. But what that hidden agenda was is particularly my business young Teo. Whatever it was though my dear Teo, it wouldn't have been anything less than he deserved for trying to rob me then assaulting me when I was originally only being playful and flirting." She explained gently, walking over to Teo and attempting to lay a hand on hid head and ruffle his hair playfully.

"No matter, Lady Mortyra will be finishing her bathing and we will be on our way. Won't we M'lady?" The dragon's voice was strained for patience with her antics.

She smiled at the sound of his voice, knowing she full well loved to rile her friend. Their relationship had always been an odd one, but nonetheless, they were close and would kill and/or die for the other if need be.

"I realise it well enough!" Teo protested, folding his arms and balking slightly at the ruffling of his hair. "I'm just not very good at figuring out what those hidden meanings are, yet."

After a moment, he gave a happy grin and a shrug. "But you're right, I don't get many visitors. Especially since everyone left the city. I used to get more, people who would come here for days out, or picnics, or dates... But now everybody's too busy trying not to die. Which is fair enough, I suppose, but it does make things here a little more boring! In any case, I think you scared him. Or at least made him think you were up to no good! Even if he was also up to no good... in the end it just ended up not being good for anyone!"

He peered off after the retreating man with a frown, and called after him. "Well, goodbye! I hope you'll come back again sometime!" Whether or not the man was of a reputable nature was of little matter to Teo. There were very few who could do him harm this close to his source of power, and so he welcomed the company of those from all walks of life. New and interesting perspectives were refreshing, after all!

She looked to the lad named Teo, "I see. So in all the chaos everyone abandoned the place huh?" She said softly. "I am not surprised, dragons are notorious to cause fear, especially ones like my father a magnificent Black dragon!" She bragged grinning widely and proudly , holding herself proudly about her heritage, pausing for affect and reaction from Teo.

"How would you like it if I taught you a little on reading someone Teo?" She said softly to the boy.

The red looked to her suspiciously, she never typically entertained people, barely entertained him.

"You're a dragon too?" Teo smiled brightly, looking between her and the more obvious dragon. "That's cool! I don't see that many dragons. Most of the ones I've met have been pretty okay, except that one that tried to burn down half the country. That one was less great."

It was doubtless a less awed reaction than Mortyra had been expecting, but when one lived around Westeria City, dragons were - in a way - just another part of daily life. At her proposal, the water spirit tilted his head to one side. "Like how?" he asked.

She smirked at Teo's reaction. "I am only half black dragon. But I am proud of my heritage." She said proudly.

"As for how, well, I could teach you a few tricks in to reading between the lines of something someone says. For example, I had said earlier that 'funner to break them.' "In this situation, I was not saying break as in break a bone, I meant break them in spirit by dominating their spirit. When I had said play, I had more meant along the lines of most likely some torture for his actions against me. It is kind of a dragon thing, vengeance when someone messes with our stuff." She had explained the statements in a matter of fact tone, but her last statement was stated in a more nonchalant way, like it didn't bother her to say it and it was a normal thing for her to say. "But keep inmind the context of the word 'play' for me in that I meant torture, but it could also mean someone wants to play legitimately or even have some fun sexually. It all is in the context of how it is used Teo." She paused a moment to let him consider her statements and examples.

"Follow me so far, or more examples needed?" She asked softly, smiling warmly to the boy.

Red stood tensely, wondering if the boy wouldn't like her answer and they would need a quick escape from here. He watched his companion, the sight of her was flattering with her being wet and only in her undergarments. He looked away a moment, shifting to avoid her catching his thoughts.

She smirked to herself, casting her eyes back, catching the subtle comment he attempted to hide. So, Red has an interest in me. Interesting, I may use this in the future against him if I need to, though I hope my friend doesn't force my hand to do so. she thought to herself, guarding her thoughts far better than the dragon had.

Back