Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Misty frowned at him too "it's not funny Gray, we were having a private moment. We'll come back when we're good and ready" not happy that the moment had been spoiled

Grey raised his brows, not appreciating the tone. "I was told to find you. I did. Despite the sun. Your help was needed. I do beg your pardon for alerting you to a group need." He turned and walked away.

(And I forgot Jonah doesn't really know sign language, but oh well, he learned really fast, I guess.)

Misty sighed "gray..." she took Jonahs hand but went after Gray "you just could have waited a few more minutes that's all..." she didn't stay upset late, not liking the feeling of anyone being upset with her for any reason

"I did wait a few minutes. You two were enjoying yourselves quite a lot, and I can only wait so long," Gray pointed out without slowing.

Misty frowned, her shoulders falling a little. She didn't press it but now felt bad she had upset Gray and didn't know how to make it right. She silently cursed herself for speaking up in the first place. She glanced at Jonah but didn't know what to say to him either, social things were not her strong suite

Jonah caught Misty's shoulders and pulled her close. "Just because you are missing Justira gives you no right to be all cranky and nasty to everyone else," he growled to Gray.

Gray gave him a look. "Pot calling the kettle black? Just mind your business and help so we can all have walls before winter."

"Nice skills you have there, you make me want to jump right up and help you, your bossiness," Jonah growled.

Gray used one finger to give Jonah a universal sign and stormed back to the shelter.

Misty bit her lip and looked down as they walked, any sort of argument got her anxious and uncomfortable, really any sort of confrontation, quick way for her to crawl back into her shell

"He sure has been a sour crab since Justira left," Jonah grumbled. He looked down at Misty. "Don't you let it drag you down, Misty. None of it is your fault or your responsibility. Let him pout."

"I shouldn't have snapped at him" she said softly "he's having a hard time... I would too if you'd been gone so long" she reasoned "I hope they get home soon"

"He was being rather intrusive. I'd have snapped at him, too," Jonah said. "Of course, you're nicer than me, but I don't blame you."

"Maybe I'll talk to him later....let things cool" she said, give her a little time to think of what to say and build up the courage to go talk to him too.

she smiled and nodded "Sure" she agreed easily enough "Then we can go in and warm up? my hands are freezing already" they really needed more pairs of gloves...

"Yep!" He took her hands in his. "Although if your hands are already cold, maybe you should just head straight inside."

Misty shook her head "No I want to contribute" she insisted and offered a small smile, as long as she didn't look at the sky..was still sorta freaking her out seeing the waves of color

"Alright, one trip," he agreed, leading her down to the creek.

~~

Gray retreated to the farthest, darkest corner and curled up. He should be helping to make bricks right now, but he needed a moment. A moment of dark and stillness. The light... it was starting not only to drain him no matter what he did to try to protect himself, it was also making him feel ill. He felt sick constantly, and it was getting harder and harder to force himself to leave the cave.

It was getting late into the evening and still no sign of Justira and the others, they had been delayed, slowed down by the load of supplies, Misty worried a storm was coming in and worried they were going to get caught in it.

Noticing Gray by the entrance she cautiously approached "Gray?" she hadn't talked to him since that afternoon

Gray shifted a little to show he was listening. His eyes were still on the nearest tree just outside the cave. It was the best he could focus on with his blurry, light-sensitive vision. Everything was such a haze to him, but he wanted to be here waiting for Justira when she arrived no matter how miserable it was to wait so close to the light. He was here. Even if their relationship never went beyond what it was now, even if they grew apart and she found someone else, she was his friend and he would always be there for her. Lynna, too, of course, and Badru, but those two could take care of themselves. Justira was so much more delicate, he worried more for her.

Misty took a seat close by "I'm sorry I snapped" she said softly "that wasn't ok..friends don't do that"

Grey glanced at Misty and gave a tiny shrug. He understood. He had been a little pushy. He didn't feel like trying to communicate all that, but if it didn't look like she understood, he'd make the effort. She deserved better, he was just so very tired.

Back