Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Charlie glanced towards Tijani then back at Lynna "well if you trust him then, welcome as far as I am concerned.

"Bring him inside. It's damn cold out there" Mathias called and smiled, easily welcoming the new comer. He trusted the others judgement.

Peter jumped into Badru's waiting arms "missed you Badru!"

Justira ignored the others and went right to Gray, she no longer sported Lynna's dress but instead fur lined clothes that much better suited the winter. With boots, also fur lined and decorated with dyed leather beads and patterns. These must of taken a long time for her to make, assuming she had been the one to make her own clothes.

Justira wanted to hug him but remembered to let him be in control of how much they touched so she stopped short and signed "I missed you"

Lynna nodded. "Please tell me there's food? We skipped dinner to get here before nightfall." Then she turned away. "Tijani! Come in and be warm!" She knew he didn't understand much, but her excited waving probably said enough.

Badru hugged Peter tight. "I missed you," he said quietly. "Very much. You were a mighty man while I was gone?"

Gray stepped forward and hugged Justira carefully, his touch warm but tentative. He'd missed her, as well.

"Course! We were about to eat so just in time" Charlie said, happily leading the way back.

Tijani hesitated but followed her, glancing at Badru. So that was why he wad with them. He had a son with one of the little people.

Justira hugged him back, he could feel her relax when she felt his touch. It had been an emotional trip.

Lynna sighed as she dropped her pack. "Oh man, this stuff was heavy! I'm so glad to finally get home. By the way, this is Tijani. He lost his group when he got injured. They're some kind of nomads, so they left him behind."

Arena came up behind Mathias and watched Tijani suspiciously. She said nothing, just watched. She'd seen people like him before from a distance, but she couldn't remember if she'd ever come across this particular fellow before. Meme growled softly.

Badru patted Peter's back then lifted him up onto his shoulder, pack or no pack. "Peter, this Tijani," he said, introducing them.

Gray rubbed her back tenderly then slowly let go. "You look nice."

Mathias nodded to the other big guy "Welcome" he smiled, watching as he put supplies down "You guys got a lot of stuff, that's really great"

Justira smiled and glanced down at herself, she had missed her clothes, Lynna's were nice but they weren't hers. "Thank you, I made them myself, I brought you some of Fealar's things" she signed, he'd of wanted Gray to have them she was sure

Lynna nodded enthusiastically. "Oh yeah! The place wasn't even touched." She hesitated, a bit of her joy dimming. "A bit like robbing a graveyard, but I guess it's better than letting it go to waste." She brightened again. "And found a new friend! I bet he'll really he'll out with the hunting."

Gray frowned worriedly. "Are you sure you want me to have them?"

Badru looked down at Peter. "Where is your mother?" he asked carefully.

Tijani couldn't understand what most of them were saying so stayed quiet and just watched them, trying to sort out the kind of group this was.

Justira nodded a little "He wouldn't want them to go to waste" she signed "And nobody better to give them to than you"

Peter pointed to where Pepper was watching as everyone was coming back in, mostly watching Badru, still surprising herself with how happy she was to see him

"So, what are we going to do with him?" Lynna asked Mathias quietly. "Other than keep Arena from eating him," she added, noting the way both the girl and the wolf were glaring at the giant.

"Thank you, Justira," Gray signed, smiling softly.

Badru stood and walked over to Pepper. He stopped and seemed almost uneasy as he asked, "You are well? Peter did well?"

"Put him to work I suppose, if he stays he contributes" Mathias reasoned "And we'll keep a close eye on him" could never be too careful.

Justira smiled softly back "have you been well?" she asked, looking him over, looked like he hadn't been sleeping

Pepper smiled up at him "I'm fine, Peter was a great help" she assured him "We uh, we really missed you Badru.."

Lynna nodded. "I think he's alright, but Badru will have to teach him our language."

Gray smiled for her. "Yes, all has been well here, but better now that everyone is home safe."

"It is good being home," Badru said seriously as he looked down at her. He wanted to say more but he didn't know what to say. He didn't know how to move forward in his tentative desire, and he felt Pepper didn't want anything to do with it.

"Peter and I can help with that too, Badru's done well I'm sure he will catch on too" Mathias reasoned

"Why don't you come sit by the fire, I'll get you some dinner and you can rest" Charlie spoke up, feeling a bit like he had been brushed off.

--

Pepper just didn't know in general how she felt, perhaps breaking away from her ex was just too recent a thing. "Glad you made it safe... I was worried" she said and shifted a little again "Come sit by the fire, I'll get you some food"

Lynna nodded to Mathias. Then she turned to Charlie and gave his shoulder a light punch. "I'll tell you one thing we missed! Your cooking. I almost had to cook for them! I think Badru would have eaten me before he'd eat my cooking again."

~~

Badru nodded. "Yes. Let me tell Tijani. He does not understand." He hesitated a moment longer then reached out and patted her shoulder before turning away quickly and speaking to the other giant. He kept his words low and brief as he caught the other up on what was happening.

Charlie laughed and rubbed his shoulder where she punched him "well, you're in luck, we found some new herbs to spice things up" he grinned happily "Come on" he lead the way over towards the fire where the food was cooking.

--

Tijani gave a nod of understanding "So you stay here with small people for her? and son?" he guessed, glancing at Peter and Pepper as they set about getting them some food

Lynna groaned in anticipation. "I cannot wait to sink my teeth into your cooking! It smells fantastic!"

~~

Badru considered before answering. "They are all my friends. Good people. The child is not mine, but he is a good boy."

Charlie grinned "well have a seat m'lady" he motioned to a seat around their fire while he set around to getting the food set up.

-

Tijani nodded a little and watched as Pepper was moving to get them some food "if you say. I will trust your friends" he gave a nod

"Why, thank you, kind sir!" Lynna flirted, taking a seat on the ground.

~~

Badru dipped his head. "They are worth trusting."

Back