Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Misty sighed "well not all too much we can do but stand up for them" she said. That prospect made her stomach churn but she would defend Badru if it came to it.

--

Interesting how?" Peter asked curiously "are they like Badru?"

Lynna couldn't see Misty being that verbally aggressive, but she'd suprised her before. "Where is Badru? We should get going.

~~

"No, that is why it is interesting. They are more like us than Badru," Gray explained. "They are quite nice, though the male is rather sharp with words sometimes. The lady is deaf and very nice."

"He's in the washroom" she said, glancing back towards the hall "I guess we may as well walk up together then?" Would be kind of nice actually to walk with her, help quell some of the nerves.

-

"Huh...that is interesting...maybe they are descents from those people who went to the surface all those years ago to explore but got lost and never came back. We were just learning about them in school" that was about when the two in question emerged.

"You kinda look like them Gray" Peter commented. Interesting.

Lynna nodded. "Yeah, safety in numbers and all that. That sounds good!"

Right on cue as if summoned, the mighty black monster emerged, filling Misty's hallway. He walked down toward her and looked at Lynna with mild interest. What was all this?

~~

"That is a good theory," Gray agreed. Then the twins approached, Gray waved and introduced them. "This is Pepper and Peter, friends of mine. Peter, Pepper, this is Faelar and Justira."

Misty looked up at Badru and offered a smile though was clearly nervous "we must go speak to the authorities...they have called for us" she hoped he understood enough of what she said to know what was happening or at least the idea of what was happening

--

Peter smiled and both signed and spoke "it is very nice to meet you both.

"Nice ta meet you too little fella" Faelar said in return and glanced at Gray "we ready ta go then or we waitin fer others?"

Badru inclined his head solumnly. "I will go with you," he rumbled slowly and distinctly.

Lynna raised her brows. "Wow. He's picked it up fast, hasn't he? Well, come on. Best not to make them cranky by keeping them waiting." She turned and headed back down, almost tripping over her skirt. It was her mother's, a nice light grey one, and a bit longer than she was used to, but her mother had insisted.

~~

This is everyone. Let us go." Gray led the way, finding the shortest route through the city to get to the main law offices.

"You look nice Lynna" Misty complimented, locking her door up behind them "I didn't picture you as one to wear dresses" she herself was not wearing one but a fresh set of clothes anyway

--

The others followed Gray's lead, none of them really knowing what to expect when they got there

"Thanks, but I feel like an idiot," Lynna grumbled. "My mother didn't like the skirts and dresses I did have, so she said I had to wear this if I was going before the council." She glanced up at Badru, who was following like a shadow. "You got him new clothes, I see. That's good. He looks less likely to spear someone."

She looked up at Badru "I'd saybit suits him but it doesn't...he was a warrior before he ended up here: she told her as they walked

It wasn't horribly far to the council chambers where they were expected, they arrived close to the same time as the others. It sort of made sense why they were all summoned. Except Peter and Pepper of course. What did they have to do with anything.

Mathias showed up a moment after the rest. He'd not bothered to dress up. Never did and never would. He was who he was. Why pretend otherwise?

Lynna wasn't sure what to say about that and stayed quiet for the rest of the trip, but she brightened when she saw Mathias and gave him a wave. "Hi! How are you feeling?" Then she spotted Pepper and Peter. "What are you two doing here?"

Gray guessed Faelar might be distracted with Lynna for a moment - particularly the rather tight boudice on her white blouse and the flattering lay of the back part of her skirt - and nudged Justira to get her attention. "Try not to worry. I will stay with you as much as possible. I know what it is like to be lost in the silence. I will try not to let that happen with you."

He was not wrong, Faelar could not help but to stare a moment. Thos woman was stunning no matter what it was she was wearing! "Ya looking lovely miss Lynna" he complimented but she must not of heard as her focus shifted to the scruffy man who had helped save them.

"Fine. Confused but fine" Mathias said, also curious about why his sister was here. Pepper shrugged "no idea...they summoned us along with Gray" how had they known where she was staying? She hadn't told anyone.

Justira smiled "thank you" she signed "my brother tries but is easily distracted by a pretty face"

Lynna hear Faelar say something, but her focus was already on Mathias. "So why are we all here?"

Badru looked down at Pepper and Peter and examined them. Pepper had no new injuries. Good. He looked at Peter and gave him the tiniest of nods as a greeting.

Gray glanced at Faelar and tried not to smirk. "I feared that may be the case. If you need me to translate at any time, please nudge me."

"No doubt to discuss what's to be done with our top dwelling friends" Mathias reasoned but who knew for certain

It was only a moment before a young man stepped out "ms Pepper. If you and your son will follow me. The rest of you may go in" he motioned to the larger set of doors to the council

"Why?" Badru said bluntly. "Why seperate?"

Lynna reached up and patted his elbow. "It's okay, Badru. They'll be fine. Come on, let's get this over with so I can take this stupid skirt off." She marched forward confidently.

Gray smiled at Justira and walked forward. He was sure things would be fine... Although he was curious to know how they knew where Pepper was staying. Later, he would be making some inquiries.

being separated worried Pepper, meant she was likely there for an entirely different reason and only a few people knew where she was... Allen among them

the doors were opened for them and they were lead in, the head council of Desolation waited, seated along a long bench, there was no one leader, it was the council together who decided things but still a bit of a dictatorship when it came down to it. "Please have a seat" one of them said, an elderly woman who seemed to have more wrinkles than anything else. Yet the old birds voice was strong. "I assume you know why you're all here?"

One of the council was an old man, though not as old as the woman, calloused and worn. He had once worked down in the engines of Desolation like Pepper. He watched quietly, his skin stained slightly darker than the others due to the oil and smoke, his short black beard lending to the illussion of darker skin.

Gray signed the question to Justira, trying to keep her informed.

"Yes, Ma'am, because we had contact with the Top Dwellers," Lynna stated. Jonah just nodded.

"Not only this but brought two more into our city without consulting any authority" the woman said looking at Lynna and Mathias particularly.

"What we should have let them be torn up and die?" Mathias scoffed. Long had he tried the councils patience but he was valuable enough they normally let things pass.

Lynna frowned up at them and pointed to Justira's arms. "They nearly tore her limbs off! And Gray did tell you really fast. We didn't try to hide anything."

"Gray did his part true enough and we thank you for that" she said "but you dear. Saw fit to take them to the hospital then to visit Misty and then to Gray and he informed us. We should have been consulted before they were lead into the city. Who knows what diseases you have exposed our city to" she clearly was no fan of the top dwellers

"Oh please. She would have died of infection before you lot decided anything" Mathias said, daring to defy them openly. "No true harm has been done. These two have been through hell and need rest for gods sake" he went on

"I think if there were any weird diseases, the hospital is the perfect place to take them," Lynna pointed out. "I took them to Misty because I thought that perhaps they could meet Badru and be able to shed some light on things. Turns out their tribes are not friends... but then I took them to Gray because I knew he'd know how to go about letting you people know and what to do. I don't see what the big deal is. They aren't even full Top Dwellers. They are more like us than Badru, so it's like getting a visit from one of the other city traders."

Back