Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Allen did not react except he walked to one of the walls where some electrical wire connected to the dim lights. As he touched them, the lights grew in brightness, flooding the tunnel with bright light "come out come out wherever you are" he taunted as he looked back the way he had come

The light burned! The shadows retreated, but they still lingered in the cracks and crevices. It wasn't much, but it was enough. The voices hung on as strong as before, finding the most strength in Allen's very shadow, though the sound of their position did not change.

Oh please, as if I would hide from anything. You, on the other hand, are currently taunting an alley way. Such a glorious use of your time. You could be forcing those bastards to see who was truly the powerful one, but no. You are taunting an alleyway. Oh, such an inspiration you are! Is that why you let the woman walk away with your son like that? Just walk off? When he is yours? Or is he?

Why does it burn? It is not supposed to feel like this, but it burns! So cold yet it feels like fire! Why did you spread the blood like this? Why won't you wipe it off? Don't you want to be rid of it?

Allen started to stroll back, his fingers following the electrical cords to keep them bright "you're right. I should just go take him. I'd be in the right to do so. I thought I'd be nice and give her a day to come to terms with her failure but perhaps I will go fetch him. I'd be in the right to kill that brother of hers if he tried to stop me. Self defense and all and that big offe. Well. He has no rights. Not a citizen"

A boy is supposed to be with his father, isn't he? And that fool of a brother just wants to kill everyone with his fool ideas.

Why? Why do you want to cause more pain? If you take the boy, he will hate you. He will hate you and seek to kill you. Your soul is stained with blood. Don't you want to wash away the blood? It's on your hands and face. Everyone can see it. They will know what you are going to do!

"Your grasping now Gray" he moved his hand and the lights dimmed again

He continued walking and didn't pay any more attention to the voices

What, you think that pathetic knob is the one inside your head? If you are being goaded by him, then maybe you really do deserve to be disrespected. Maybe you should just lay down and let that woman kick you kn the jewels again. Such a pathetic looser. You were scared, weren't you? Scared of a silly little shadow. So sad!

The blood is still there. Look at your hands. The blood still drips across your knuckles. The knuckles you used on your wife. Why can't you wash it off?

Allen ignored them. He had a goal now, a deadly focus as he made his way up. He didn't respond to the voices anymore. Convinced it was Gray somehow

That's right, find the little boy. Steal the boy. Get the woman back and teach her who she belongs to! Teach that jumped up brother of hers exactly who he's dealing with. Be a man!

Please don't. Please don't. Please, wipe away the blood! Don't add more blood. Why must there be more blood?

Allen ignored him all the way up to Mathias home. Unlike most he knew right where ir was. Having visited before he and Pepper had fallen out.

He pulled the rope bringing down the ladder as slow and quiet as he could as not to alert anyone he was coming

The whispers quieted until they were just barely audible, but they were still there, nagging and nagging. The weight grew on Allen's shoulders and back as if his clothing was soaking wet. It was like he was carrying the weight of the shadows with him.

Badru stood and gathered everything up with ease, firmly waving off help as he left the others sitting at the table and went into the kitchen.

A shadow at Mathias' feet whispered, the voice shifting and changing slightly. "He comes. He comes. Beware the monster. He comes."

Mathias wasn't sure who or what was trying to warn him but he didn't question it "pepper, why don't you take Peter back to your room" he said as he stood.

Pepper could tell by his voice something was wrong so she didn't question him "come along Peter" she said as she got up from the table "hurry now honey"

Allen picked up Mathias's rifle from where it rested by the hatch doors just as Mathias got up and turned towards the entry and exit hall. He froze. Shit. He never left the gun there!

Badru heard the noise and walked into the room. He paused, looking at the scene curiously. He was unfamiliar with guns, but it wasn't hard to gather it was a weapon from the way Allen held it and Mathias stood. There was a frightening edge to Allen. Badru had no doubt he would use that weapon, possibly even without provocation. And yet... there was something else in the air... A familiar sensation. He frowned, trying to find the source.

The whisper in Allen's ear scoffed as he held the gun, and a weight grew on the barrel, softly yet steadily pressing down. It was not as strong as a person, yet undeniable. The lights dimmed discernably.

Yes, sure, use a gun. That's a coward's weapon! Anyone can use a gun. I thought you were a man. Look him in the eye and kill him with your bare hands! He's weak and wounded. He's nothing compared to you.

Allen's eyes were on them "i want my son. Bring him out and nobody gets hurt" he said calmly, ignoring the voice still.

"Put the gun down Allen. Let's talk. Man to man. There's no need for.." Mathias started but Allen cut him off.

"I said. Bring me my son! That bitch can't keep him from me anymore"

Is that all you have to say? To this man who brought you so much misery? To this man who degraded you every chance he got? To this man who is less than the dirt on your shoes? You should do more than shoot him. Put down the gun and wring his neck!

Badru moved slowly to the side. Allen did not seem to interested in him yet. Maybe he could get to the side and attack... or do something...

"You'd like that wouldn't you Geay" Allen muttered before squeezing the trigger. Thanks to Gray he shot low and non experience he missed shotting the table leg.

Allen quickly raised it more still aimed at Mathias "give me my son!"

Mathias noted Badru's position. If he could keep Allens focus...

"Put the gin down Allen. Before you do something that will make Peter hate you forever"

The weight returned, this time pressing down and to the left. Slowly. Steadily. Forcing the aim away gently. The weight on Allen's shoulders increased. It looked as thought the shadows danced around him, darkening his visage. Now there were new voices.

Cheeky devil, isn't he? Assuming he can tell us what to do. Giving us a name. How dare he! Cheek.

Awe, look at that! The mighty warrior missed. Such a great shot, numbskull. What are you going to do now? Shoot a chair and show it who's boss? Such a grand fighter!

Please. No more blood. Don't let the child see! How could you kill the child's uncle in front of him? He shall never love you.

Love him? Love that sod? The boy will kill him in his sleep. The boy will avenge his uncle and mother.

Mathias was very confused as to what he was seeing but for now didn't question it

"Shut up!" Allen fired again, the bullet grazed Mathias's shoulder but harmlessly sank into a wall behind him.

Mathias acted. Two bullets was all Allen had. He launched forward and tackled Allen. Bigger and stronger he was able to knock him to the ground fairly easily

The voices continued hissing in Allen's ear, whispering and chanting softly. Some goading him on, some pleading with him to stop, some scathing and dismissive. Perhaps Mathias could hear them, but probably not. They wormed their way into Allen's ears, whispering... whispering...

Badru stepped over and calmly put a foot on Allen's throat, holding him in place. "I hold. You bleeding," he pointed out to Mathias.

"I'm fine" Mathias insisted, grabbing Allens arms and using his own belt to strap his hands together. "Hod damn maniac finally lost it"

Allen tried to move but it was little use

Badru grunted. He felt pointless. He wasn't even good for capturing this pathetic worm who would steal a child. He'd been looking forward to heroically aprehanding him. Roughly.

Back