Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Her brow furrowed a little "what did you say to him?" She asked. Maybe she could help five him advice to distract from her own thoughts.

"Essentially, I scolded him for feeling responsible," Gray admitted. "Of course he feels responsible, but I do not want him to beat himself up over it."

"You're being a good friend. You don't need to apologize" Justira said "we just need to keep being supportive of him"

Gray smiled at her. He glanced around. No one seemed to be looking their way, so he leaned over and touched her cheek lightly, letting his fingertips linger. Touching skin had become more tolerable with Justira's help, but it was still difficult. He found by accident that he could withstand touching Justira longer and longer, but no one else. He'd touched Lynna's arm one day, and the pain had been just as severee as it always had been. It didn't matter to him much. He had no desire to touch anyone else.

Justira smiled a faintly and leaned into the touch, she always appreciated the effort it took for him and her heart always fluttered a little when he did, even now, as depressed as she was

Gray finally pulled his hand back so he could sign, "I am sorry about Faelar. He will be missed a lot. I think Lynna will miss him the most of this group not including you. Those two enjoyed getting into mischief together, but he always put you first."

"He is...was a good brother. Deserved more from life" she signed? Fresh tears coming to her eyes "how can people be so heartless?"

She sighed softly and nodded, not really having anything more to say about it

Outside Badru could likely hear Mathias making his way back in thr dark loaded down with everyone's bags

Gray placed a blanket around her shoulders and laid down. All they could do now was rest.

Badru waited until Mathias was closer then came out to offer his help. "You should not go alone. None should," he said quietly. He looked the bags over then gave a nod. "We have new person."

"It was easier alone this time" Mathias insisted, he needed to do it for himself mostly. He let Badru take some of the bags though. "New person? Who?"

Badru said nothing more about Mathias' nightly forray. He'd said what needed to be said, there was no need to continue with it. Instead, he told Mathias, "Charlie has come with extra food. He desires living with us. I gave him chance, but he says no going back."

Mathias smirked "course it's Charlie. Think he looks up to tpu Badru" he said "we'll talk about it tomorrow" he said before ducking inside and setting the bags against one wall for now

Nadir grunted and settled down to watch. He knew a place where they would be safe for the winter, but it would take at least two days to get there. Likely more with weaker members of the group like Peter and Gray.

The rest of the night passed uneventfully which was a good thing.

Slowly as the sun came up the others started to wake.

Misty found herself curled up against Jonah.she didn't move for fear of waking him.

Charlie ended up with his back against Lynna, shivering a bit in the morning chill. He rubbed his eyes and squinted as he woke up

As the sun rose, Gray retreated back, doing his best to hide from the light. Thankfully, not much could reach into the cave with the tree and the blanket blocking the way. Still, he moved to the far back, hiding more from the memory of the previous day than the actual light.

Lynna yawned and sat up slowly, stretching. "Earth is cold," she mumbled sleepily. Then she noticed Charlie next to her and stared in shock. "Charlie? What are you doing here?" She forgot to be quiet in her surprise, and the words came out rather loudly in the quiet cave.

Jonah woke with a start and groaned unhappily. What a way to start the morning. He opened his eyes and found himself looking right at Misty. He froze. She was scant inches away. He could feel her body heat.

Charlie pushed himself to sit up "I brought you all some supplies last night" he answered "not fair what happened.."

Misty blushed a little and sat up "sorry.."

Mathiad groaned and sat up "Lynna. Mist you he so loud this early?" He grumbled

"Woke up with a fellow in my bed that I don't remember inviting to join me! How'd you react if that happened to you?" Lynna demanded with a huff as she got up. She eyed Charlie. "Thanks for the food and the company."

Jonah sat up and cleared his throat. "It's fine. Fine. Cold night. Just looking for heat, yeah?"

Relax Lynna we're all kind if crammed together" Mathias sighed "not exactly much space"

Charlie flushed "sorry..." he wasn't sure how to react if he was being honest.

Misty nodded, her cheeks still pink "yeah just..cold night"

"We'll all eat then we need to move on" Mathias spoke up now everyone was awake.

"Gray, I know daylight is hard for you. How can we help make it easier?" They couldn't safely travel at night too much

Lynna stuck her tongue out at Mathias and offered Charlie a hand up. "Come on, let's get some food ready for the rest of these people."

Jonah didn't know what else to say, so he just nodded to Charlie and got ready to go.

Gray shrugged. "I do not know. I think perhaps if I were to use a blanket as a sheild, I could get farther. I am sorry to cause this trouble."

Back