Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Justira stepped in and looked around. It would do well enough and she couldn't complain really. They had no other options

She looked back at him after looking around the room. "It's perfect" she signed

"We appreciate it mr. Gray. Neither of us slept on days now runnin as we were. Any safe place is perfect"

"No mister, just Gray," he corrected gently. "Rest. You need rest, and I will bring you something to clean yourselves in a bit. Please stay near here for your own safety. There are some who are easily spooked and will not take well to Top Dwellers down here."

"No reason fer us ta go anyplace else" he reasoned with a nod "we'll stay here an wait fer ya ta come back. Thank ya both" he said nodding to Lynna too.

Justira self consciously tried to smooth her clothes a bit even though they were pretty hopeless, dirty and stained with her own blood

Last edited:
Gray smiled and nodded. "I will go get some supplies and soon be back."

Lynna stepped aside, moving slightly to try to block out her conversation with Justira from her brother. "I have some things that I think would fit you," she said quietly. "You can change into that while your clothing is washed."

Faelar could take a hint. He stepped further inside and found a spot he could sit.

Justira smiled "thank you. You're very kind. I don't know how I'll ever repay you" she signed back to her

Lynna grinned. "It's no trouble," she assured her. "Maybe someday I'll get to see your world. Then I can be the strange one wandering around lost!" She grinned and patted Justira's shoulder gently. Turning to Faelar but trying to remember to stay facing so Justira could read her lips, she said, "I'm off for a bit. Try not to let your mouth get you into trouble while I'm gone, eh?"

Faelar smirked "ah very funny" he said "only one here is my sister. An she used ta me since birth"

"Just means I'm obligated to tolerate him" Justira signed

"You have my sympathies," Lynna told her then waved as she let herself out, closing the door behind her. She felt a bit as if she was locking them away from sight, but they could leave whenever they wanted. The door was not literally locked. She just hoped they didn't share the feeling. She ran for home, mentally going through her closet for what would look good on Justira. Faelar was on his own unless Gray brought him something.

Justira walked over and sat by her brother, he put his arm around her and held her close, silently comforting her. They had been through so much the last few days and now they didn't know where they were going to end up, no idea what their future held for them.

Justira soon fell asleep leaning against Faelar as he rubbed soothing circles on her back and shoulders. He would stay awake and wait for the others to come back and just let her rest for now

Lynna returned first with an outfit for Justira bundled up in a paper bag as well as a massive leather bag stuffed with who-knew-what. She knocked first and waited politely.

Faelar gently extracted himself from his sister and laid her head to rest elsewhere before he got up and answered the door, opening it wider for Lynna to step in "Justira fell asleep but if ya can stand me, come on in"

"Alright." Lynna walked in and carefully set the sack down. "There's for her. The shoes are on the bottom. And here's for you." She pushed the larger bag at Faelar. "Washing up items! Towels, soap, scrubby things, all that fun stuff. Just add water!"

he laughed a bit as he accepted the bag "Alright alright I get the hint, I'm smelly and dirty" he said jokingly then his expression went a bit more serious "I really am sorry about before, with yer friends...Not much of an excuse but, not slept for three days and been through so much ya know...Was no way fair o me ta judge her friend how I did. I'm sorry" that was a much more genuine apology than the obligatory one from before

Lynna smiled and gave him a gentle tap on the shoulder with her fist. "It's okay. He didn't seem too offended, and I suppose you'll get a chance to make up for it later. We all should get at least one pass when running on nothing but adrenalin." She turned to go. "I don't know if there's a shower or a bath in here since it was only intended for short-term use, but there is a sink over there with running water. I'll see if Gray can improve on the bathing conditions when he gets here. I wonder what's holding him up?"

he smiled, glad she accepted the apology at least "Sink will do just fine, yer already doin so much fer us an all, can't complain really" he set the bag down "I'll uh, get ta cleanin up now then... Suppose I'll be seein ya soon?" he had no idea what time it was

Lynna nodded. "It's only about mid-day-cycle, and I haven't gotten a new assignment yet, so probably, yes. I do need to go take care of some stuff, but I can come back, if you'd like."

"I'd like to see more of ya" he admitted "but some sleep sounds right about nice for the moment, after I get myself smellin presentable that is" he smirked. He seemed like a good natured sort of guy and the way he looked out for his sister, he had a good heart too

Lynna gave him a salute. "Then I'll see you later at some point. Gray should be along shortly with some food, but otherwise, you're on your own. Sleep well!" She headed out, closing the door quietly. She hoped they both had a good few hours of sleep. Things always looked better after a sound sleep.

knowing his sister, she would want to be washed up before Gray got there, so he gently roused her from her sleep and prompted her with the bag of clothes and soap, gesturing to the sink. She sleepily nodded and got up to go get clean, always a nice feeling to wash away the filth.

It wasn't terribly long before it was his turn to go get cleaned up, they had rigged a blanket for privacy while they took turns washing up.

Justira sat and was combing her fingers through her now wet hair, the clothes fit pretty good. slightly big, but not a bad fit over all. She of course wouldn't hear if Gray knocked

Gray finally arrived, tired, a bit frazzled, but accomplished with two small bags of fresh, hot food. He took a second to breathe and straighten himself up. He did not want to frighten his guests with his appearance. They might read too much into it. He coaxed a smile onto his lips then knocked confidently.

Back