Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

"Well I can help! Badru taught me a lot. It was my job to teach the others in the cook hut but never sid get to the trapping...maybe you can help me with that part" he suggested "the more skills we all know the better right?

"Sure, why not?" Lynna shrugged. "I can't really teach you trapping while on the go, but perhaps you can teach me a bit about plants."

Gray stumbled and nearly went down but caught himself at the last second. He paused to catch his breath then forced himself to keep going. It was nearly noon, and he did not know how much longer he could keep going. His mind felt disappated like fog before the light, and his very body felt as if it was slowly crumbling. Perhaps he really was made of shadows.

"Sure!" Charlie grinned "first off don't touch that" he said, catching her arm and pulling her away from a vibrant vine "poison ivy" he said "will make you super itchy and spreads a rash" he explained

--

Justira frowned a little and looked at Peter. She didn't need to say anything.

Peter ran up ahead "Badru!" He called

"Really? I've picked this before... I think," Lynna said with a frown. "No wonder Badru never lets me go with him anymore."

~~

Badru stopped and turned to face Peter. "What is wrong?" he asked.

Charlie laughed a little "it's pretty but no don't touch it" "but this is good" he darted over to another tree and pulled out a knife to carve a bit of the bark off "willow bark. It's a natural pain reliever" he said carving off a bit more and tucking it away

--

"Gray needs to rest" Peter saod glancing back worriedly "a place with lots of shade..." thos was not going well

"You know, foraging is kind of weird," Lynna said. "When you're used to eating our stuff, having to eat plant roots and tree bark is so weird." She paused, looking back at the group. "Looks like something is going on. We should catch up."

~~

Badru nodded and looked at Mathias. "Find shade to rest. I will carry Gray." He headed back to Gray and looked down at him, his brow knit. No, this was not good. Gray could not keep going like this. It looked like he wasn't even fully aware of the people around him. Badru untied him from Justira then lifted him into his arms.

Charlie glanced over, he nodded. He'd follow her back "it is but..it's so exciting too..Ispent so much time with my nose in a book reading about the old world..never thought I'd see it"

--

Mathias gave a nod "stay with them Peter" he stated before hurrying ahead looking for the darkest place he could

"I don't think we're seeing it, still, but it sure is an adventure!" Lynna agreed.

Gray twitched, shivering in Badru's arms as the giant walked faster.

"Well I mean we are and we a he aren't " he half agreed ashe followed her back "looks like something is up with Gray..." he frowned

Up farther ahead Mathias had found a spot where thw tree's were thicker and they could hunker down there for a little while. Was the best option in the middle of the woods

Jonah spotted Lynna and Charlie and waved them up. "Stay closer," he warned them. "If something happens, we need to be able to reach each other."

"Sorry," Lynna apologized. "What's going on?"

"We're stopping for the afternoon," Jonah told her shortly.

Badru reached Mathias first and looked around. "Good," he approved, carefully setting Gray down.

Justira was quick to come to Grays side, setting the bag she had been given down and took her blanket to create more shade for him. Peter saw what she was doing and used his blanket too.

"We didn't go that far.. kept in sight" Charlie spoke up as they rejoined the group

Gray curled up as small as he could make himself and closed his eyes. The deep shade helped. He still could not force his mind to focus on anything other than hiding from the sun, but his body did not hurt so much. He was aware of people around him, people trying to help.

Jonah frowned at Charlie. "In sight can still mean out of reach. Stay closer."

"Fine, grumpy grumpers, we'll stay closer," Lynna grumbled. "Someone needs his lunch."

"Alright alright" Charlie sat down and slipped his bag off.

Misty sank down, all but dropping her bag, rubbing her shoulder "how far do we have to go?" She asked

Badru glanced at Misty. "Long path. Is good ending, worth long path, but is long path."

Jonah frowned. "Is your shoulder alright? Maybe you shouldn't carry that heavy of a pack."

"What's for food?" mumbled Lynna already trying to piece together lunch.

"It's a little sore that's all..it will be fine" Misty insisted, still rubbing her shoulder. She wanted to carry her own weight and not be a burden.

"We should take a little time to let Gray rest...Jonah get a fire going. Lynna. Lets go hunt for some lunch" Mathias answered setting his bag down and handing his rifle off to Pepper. It was for protection not hunting

Jonah narrowed his eyes at Misty suspiciously, but he only nodded. Maybe if he got a chance, some of the weight in her pack would mysteriously make its way over to his. If he could manage it. He looked up at Mathias' orders and sighed. "Maybe this time the fire can stay lit," he grumbled and set about trying to get a proper fire ring set up.

Lynna made a face as she followed Mathias. "Can't Badru just carry Gray so we can get to wherever we're going faster? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I'd think it would be better for him if we got there faster rather than spending more time out in the sun."

Mathias sighed and nodded "yes I agree...but let's let him rest a little. I think everyone needs a little breather and we all need some protein for energy"

"That's a good point," Lynna conceded. She looked around. "I don't know what we are hunting for in the forest. Have you hunted around here before?"

He nodded "I have, I'm going to show you how to track" he told her "we are going to hunt down a rabbit for lunch. I'll handle the kill this time for times sake but pay close attention"

Lynna gave him a cocky salute. "Sir, yes, sir!" She settled down to learn, her eyes already scanning the ground. She didn't tell him she had already sort of started to learn how to track. It was better he teach her from scratch. After all, she might be missing something obvious!

Back