Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Pepper nodded her thanks and put her son down, taking off his shoes. They weren't meant for hiking and weren't higj quality to begin with. Neither were hers but she was more concerned about the blisters and sores forming on his feet. He whimpered a little when she peeled his socks off, some of the sores had broken and soaked his socks with blood "oh sweetie..why didn't you say.."

"I want to be strong like Badru..." he answered, letting his mother tend to his feet.

Misty found a spot in the corner to dump her bag and sit down. Everything ached but she didn't complain. Everyone was tired and sore. What right did she have to complain?

Badru knelt and put a gentle hand on Peter's shoulder. "To be strong, you must also know when to ask for help," he said softly. "To know limits." He squeezed Peter's shoulder gently. "Tomorrow, you will ride on my shoulders. Yes?"

Jonah stood near Misty but didn't say anything to her. He looked out into the night, pretending not to be looking at her as he watched for any threats.

Peter looked up at Badru then back at his poor feet. Pepper gave a little nod, agreeing with Badru.
Peter nodded "ok..." he wouldn't argue. He was a good kid.

Misty pulled off her boots and grimaced a little. Her feet pretty raw too even with better quality boots. Not as bad as poor Peter and Pepper though. So she stayed quiet about it and rinsed them off with cool water to ease the ache.

"Not sure how much longer we can all go like this Mathias...how far left to go?" Charlie spoke up as he got rations out for everyone

Badru gave Peter's shoulder another little squeeze before standing and adressing Charlie. "One day," he said. "Maybe less, maybe little more, but we arrive soon. Before moon sets twice more."

Gray sat next to Justira. "How are you holding up?" he asked her, watching her face anxiously.

Charlie glanced around at all the others "maybe it would be best to stay here a day or two...look at us..we aren't built for long travel like this"

Justira looked up from where she had sat down. She was always bare foot so that wasn't an issue except when it got cold.

"I am ok" she signed. Physically at least. Her heart still hurt. "I wish to heal them but I am scared to" she added when she was sure nobody was looking st them

"Not safe to stay here," Badru said firmly. "Nearly there. You will arrive. We will all live." He would make certain of that, but this area was not safe for an extended stay. They were so close!

"It is better you conserve your strength," Gray told her. "Perhaps if you were just to help Peter's feet a little. Only a little so you do not hurt yourself. The rest of us are doing fine. Badru says we should arrive tomorrow unless we are really slow."

Charlie just nodded, not questioning it further.

She nodded a little and glanced towards Peter and his mother "I will help when they are asleep. Like before"

That would be good for them," Gray encouraged her gently. "For now, you should rest. You need it."

~~

She ran through the day and into the night, panting as she tried to get her partner to move faster, but there was only so fast he could move. Damned humans! She should have known better than to have anything to do with any of them. They were nothing but trouble. Trouble she was forced to run toward for now, but it was better than what lay behind.

She stumbled a little, exhaustion dragging at her heels. She had to keep... had to keep going!

Something snagged around her foot. She squealed as something bit into her ankle and yanked her up into the air, hanging her upside down with her head perhaps two feet from the ground. No! NO! She was the hunter, not the hunted! Yet here she was being chased and now caught in a human trap! She hung for a bit, snarling to herself in frustration. Ever since she'd met those humans, everything had gone sour.

Last edited:
Mathias heard something going on outside. He frowned a little. "Badru keep watch" he said before ducking outside to go have a look around. He didn't wait for a reply. Confident enough in his own abilities to go scout arounf and make sure there were no threats.

What he didn't expect to find was the wolf woman hanging in a trap. He raised his brows a little in surprise. He didn't expect to ever see her again "need a hand?"

"Now what?" Lynna grumbled tiredly. "Are we under attack?"

The woman snarled and tried to take a swing at Mathias but missed. The movement gave her momentum and sent her slowly twisting awkardly. She didn't speak to Mathias, hissing, spitting, and growling angrily. Something dark and sticky covered her left side from arm down to hip, and her leathers were torn.

A low growl came from the shadows. An old grey wolf- nearly white he was so old - came limping out of the shadows. He growled at Mathias, swaying on his paws. He was clearly injured and exhausted yet still willing to fight for this angry human.

Mathias glanced at the wolf and sighed "tell your wolf friend I'm helping" he said as he stepped forward slowly "I can help you both"

"You not helpful!" she snarled, trying to swing back around to face him. "You cause trouble!" The rope holding her twisted in the other direction, swinging her around in opposite direction.

He stopped and smirked "right well I will just let you dangle there then until something comes along to eat you?"

"Nothing" Mathias answered "just want to help..going to let me?" He asked, still not coming forward again

She watched him suspiciously - or at least watched him as best she could while the cord leisurely twisted her back and forth. How much choice did she have? She'd lost her knife in the fight, and her spear now lay below her in the grass. The wolf was smart, but she wasn't sure she could get him to hand her the spear as exhausted as he was. Meanwhile, she was steadily losing feeling in her foot, and she could feel a trickle of blood from the wound where it cut into her leg.
"Fine," she growled in low defeat. "Help."

"Good" he stepped forward again and caught her in one arm before reaching up with his other hand and slocing the old rope with his sharp hunting knife. If all went well she would fall into him so she wouldn't just go crashing into the ground

She fell awkwardly, one foot almost kicking the wolf as she slumped awkwardly into his arms. The wolf stumbled to the side and stood panting, whining softly as he watched them.

She lay in his arms for a moment, trying to get her barings. The she jerked away from Mathias and tried to stand on her own. Her leg gave out, and she crumpled down to kneel.

Mathias sighed, not forcing her to stay in his arms "you're hurt..you both are" he glanced towards rhe wolf "we have medicine..bandages..we can help" he offered again, holding his hand down to her

She hesitated a little longer before gritting her teeth, reaching out, and taking his hand in her own strong, calloused one. She managed to get herself upright but found herself leaning on him more than she wanted to. She couldn't help it. Her ankle wouldn't hold her.

The wolf limped toward them, still watching Mathias. Friend? Or foe? He was getting conflicting scents from his human.

Back