Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

"She's not going to be aware of much for awhile and Jonah has a point" Survival was priority and she doubted Jonah was volunteering for any other reason than noble ones "men produce more heat by nature anyway" she reasoned " strip down to your bottom layer. Skin against skin will be best" she told Jonah as she started undressing Misty who was awake but only just

Jonah ignored the others as he undressed quickly and wrapped a blanket loosely around his lower half. He'd left on his underwear but had taken everything else off. He laid down on the bed and held out his arms for Misty. He'd warm her up if he had to literally give her all his heat!

Whence Pepper had her undressed he settled her down next to Jonah "Hold her close, get her warm" PEpper said, putting warmed blankets over them both and making sure the warm stones were by her feet "Let me know when the stones grow cool, I'll change them out" she directed.

Misty felt like ice against his bare skin, Instinctively she curled into him for warmth

Jonah hissed softly as he pulled her tight, trying to push skin to skin. "She's so cold," he mumbled. "So cold. She's going to be alright, isn't she?" He looked anxiously at Pepper. She seemed to be the one who knew the most about what was happening around here.

"She will be if we can get her warm. Maybe some frostbite but she will be ok" Pepper assured, making sure her head was covered too. "I went through something similar when I was little" she explained people tended to forget she had grown up same as mathias, near the surface and allowed outside.

"When? Did the AC break?" Lynna asked.

Gray shook his head. He remembered. "You went out to see the snow, did you not?" he asked Pepper.

Pepper smirked "Mathias's home? Was our childhood home. I grew up being able to go to the surface too and yes. I went out to see the snow. It looked so magical I couldn't resist. ended up getting lost. It was the middle of the night before my father found me" she explained the story "the point is. Misty will be fine"

"Oh, no wonder you're so chill about being up here," Lynna sighed. "How come more people didn't try to make homes up here if your family could live?"

Pepper smirked a little "I don't know of chill is the right word. Confident maybe?" She smiled a little.

"Because people are scared. Mathias has been trying for years and our ancestors before him...people are stubborn and afraid"

"Well, I am definately stubborn!" Lynna said cheerfully.

"If you lot are going to stand around and jabber, can you do it somewhere else and give us some privacy?" Jonah grumbled. "And the stones are starting to cool."

Pepper glanced at him, smiled faintly and nodded "I'll get some fresh ones in" she said before pulling out the cooling ones and going back to the fire, that was close by.
It didn't take long to exchange the stones.
"Come on Lynna, may as well get an early start. Lets clear a path to the stream" she said, already heading that way.

Misty's eyelids fluttered a little but otherwise didn't move or react, starting to shake a little, but that was a good thing, it meant she was regaining feeling to her numb body

Lynna grumbled a little about who, exactly, was in charge, but she followed willingly enough. Pepper was right, after all.

Badru followed them, wanting to keep an eye on them both. Everyone else would be safe in the cave.

Jonah rubbed Misty's bare skin gently but firmly, trying to help with the bloodflow. "There we go, love. Come on," he whispered to her. "You'll be alright. Promise."

Mathias was still asleep, seemed odd for him to still be asleep normally up and doing things before anyone else and pushing himself, maybe he had pushed too much. He needed good rest.

Pepper barrowed her brothers gloves and offered his spare to Lynna, grabbing a thick branch with a broken flat end she had scoped out the day before, not the best shovel but would help do the work and spare their hands.

"Maybe you should get Badru to old a board or something in front of him and just walk forward," Lynna teased Pepper quietly. "That would get the way cleared fast!" She got to work awkwardly stabbing at the snow. She was enthusiastic and really bad at clearing snow.

Pepper sighed patiently as she watched Lynna for a moment "Lynna...you're just wasting energy... need to scoop and throw it to the side" she used the stick and showed her how to use the flattened end as a scoop and throw it, then pack it down so it wouldn't just fall back into the path

"Oh. Maybe we should make a shovel next," Lynna said.

Badru quietly went ahead of them and started at the stream, working his way back toward the women.

Lynna glanced at Badru then looked at Pepper. "So, what's the deal with him?"

Pepper shrugged "I don't know, he doesn't really talk much. I think he just likes having Peter around to look out for...makes me think he had a family before the way he fathers Peter....I don't mind... my boy needs good role models" she shrugged "Have to say I feel a lot safer with him around too..."

Pepper paused too when she asked that "No" she shook her head "Sure he is a good guy and I feel comfortable with him but... he doesn't talk...I don't hardly know anything about him and he doesn't really know much about me either...language barriers make that kind of thing hard... besides that I... I don't know if I can ever be with anyone again" by then she was sure everyone knew about Allen

"Well..." Lynna rubbed the back of her neck. "I may still be a kid who doesn't know much about love, but I am not so sure that the knid of back-knowledge you're talking about is necessary. Besides, the way he looks at you, the way he guards you, I'd say that goes beyond any language barrier." She shrugged and picked up her stick again. "Besides, you could always go on a nice walk together and question him. Maybe volunteer a bit about yourself."

Back