Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Pepper shook her head "Jonah's doing a fine job. We'll let them.be a little longer then we can move her into a hot bath" Pepper answered. She could talk to Jonah about Mistys feet then. Like him, she was wanting to spare Misty

"Alright, fair enough," Lynna said and backed away.

Badru and Area stood talking quietly, mostly trading grunts. They seemed to understand each other pretty well.

Pepper went to go see what they had to help with pain and swelling. Herbal remedies just wouldn't do. She would have to use some of what they brought with them.

After a little while she came back with some pills and water "painkillers...should help the swelling too" she explained mostly to Jonah before helping Misty to take them.

"Whence they kick in we can put her in the bath.."

--

Peter wondered over towards Badru and Arena curiously

Jonah nodded and helped Misty sit up. "Come on. You need to swallow these," he coaxed. He took the water and pills from Pepper, cradling Misty against his chest so he could use both hands. He offered her the pills, gently trying to get them in her mouth.

~~

Badru noticed and looked down at Peter. "We are discussing going hunting," he told the boy frankly.

Misty blinked a little, took a second to process then she nodded and let him help her take the pills and drink a little water

--

Peter nodded "will you show me how to hunt?" He asked hopefully. He wanted to learn everything he could

"There we go," Jonah smiled. "Would you like a bath in a minute?"

~~

"Yes, but not this time," Badru said with a little smile. "I am not sure of this place yet. Next time, I will take you." That was a promise from him. "Now, I need guard for the people here while Mathias sleeps."

Misty nodded faintly again, eyes falling closed. Sleep was the bodies method of concerving energy and using it to heal

"Give it a few minutes. I'll make sure the bath is ready" Pepper said as she stood up to go tend to that.

--

Peter glanced over at his uncle "I think he is sick Badru..he never sleeps this long"

"Thanks, Pepper. For everything," Jonah said softly. "I don't know what would have happened without your knowledge."

~~

Badru glanced at Mathias. "Perhaps. We will let him sleep for now. Tell your mother to check him. I do not know medicine, but we will be hungry soon." He reached down and patted Peter's shoulder, hoping he understood that Badru was sorry he couldn't do more.

"And you don't want to know" she said frankly and sighed "I'll be back" she wanted to make sure the water wasn't too hot for her but hot enpugh to get circulation going and hopefully save her feet

--

Peter nodded but hesitated "Badru...are you my dad?" He was a smart kid but didn't understand the complexity of relationships

Peter shifted "ate you my new father?" He translated into Badru's language instead to make things easier

Peter shifted a little "I think you'd be a good one" he decided to answer, just saying yes or no was not so easy. He was still coming to terms with the kind of father his father had actually been. he hadn't seen the cruelty until the end. Not really.

"Thank you. That means much." Badru glanced over at Arena, who was waiting impatiently, then said, "I will look at Mathias. Then I must go. Tomorrow, if the snow does not fall or the wind too harsh, I will take you."

He shook his head "it's ok, you go, I'll get mamma to look at him" he said, noticing Arena was eager to go and he was sure his mother could handle it whence she finished with Misty.

Peter gave him a quick hug before he dashed off to go talk to Pepper

"Alright Jonah, the bath is ready for her" Pepper was saying when Peter came to find her but he would stand back and wait

Badru watched him wistfully then turned and went out with Arena. They would hopefully not be gone too long. Just long enough to catch a few creatures to eat for the next two days, he hoped. Lynna hadn't quite mastered the ice box yet.

Jonah wrapped Misty up in the blanket and stood, carrying her over to the lightly steaming water. Very carefully, he slipped the blanket off and lowered her into the warm - but not hot - water. "There we are, Misty," he said, cradling her head. "Don't slip under, okay?"

Misty gasped a little in surprise when she was put in the water, she relaxed soon enough though. The water felt nice

"Jonah.." Pepper prompted giving a slight nod for him to come talk to her a moment

Jonah made certain Misty was settled then followed Pepper a few steps away. "Alright, spill. What's the matter with Misty?"

Back