Law of the Desert

Maluon

The Visitor
vxn4vc.png

It has been two hundred and fifty years since the planet was found, eighty seven years since the first colonies were established, and fifty years since the those colonies began to somewhat govern themselves. Its been 4 days since the supply runs stopped.

Now, the towns and villages are dealing with a breakdown of law and order. While many people try to stay within the laws as written, many have decided they are going to ignore it, and have turned to looting, and robbing. Others have decided that since there is no more outside influence, they can run the place themselves, and many have tried placing themselves above the law, no matter how much it may destroy them in the long run.

For no one is above the Law of the Desert.

Posters have turned up overnight in certain places, on them is a coded message, that if solved, gives instructions and explains the urgency of the state of things.

-----
To start, your character will be one such person who finds a poster, and solves it, and follows the instructions. The instructions tell the character to go to a certain place at a certain time for a gathering of people hoping to restore an order to the chaos.

This story takes place on a mostly desert planet whose surface has only ten percent water coverage, and is orbited by two moons. The planet also has a rotation of 26.5 hours.

The planet is in no way lifeless, it would have a variety of desert adapted plants and animals. The plants would resemble anything from tiny ground covers to huge trees scattered about the landscape, and the animals would be anywhere from tiny flies to surprisingly large herbivores, and the predators that eat them.

I took inspiration for the desert planet habitat from the spiny forests of Madagascar, the Deserts of the American west, the Australian Outback, and the Nile region of Egypt. The animals would somewhat resemble those of the Permian period on earth

Let me know if you feel it is missing something.

Figured I'd link this as this thread and the concept gave me heavy Trigun vibes. You've got a great idea here and I'm really digging it! I hope the RP goes well for you and if the idea I talked to you in our PM doesn't pan out I can always change but for now I'm still feeling

Oddworld%2BStranger%2527s%2BWrath%2B1.0.13%2BAndroid%2BAPK.png

The Stranger

Were you waiting to see if the interest was there btw before putting a CS up?

I'm curious as to the atmosphere and style you are going for. Is this a world of superheroes or is it full of average beings. I understand it's some degree sci-fi, as you mention colonies, but to give a good example as to what I'm looking to understand, I'm wondering if the story you want to create exists in something like star wars, with some random collection of heroes and average joes, or something like NujabesLives! sees with Trigun? Or should I be off and imagining something akin to the Deserts of Kharack from the Homeworld series?

I'm curious as to the atmosphere and style you are going for. Is this a world of superheroes or is it full of average beings. I understand it's some degree sci-fi, as you mention colonies, but to give a good example as to what I'm looking to understand, I'm wondering if the story you want to create exists in something like star wars, with some random collection of heroes and average joes, or something like NujabesLives! sees with Trigun? Or should I be off and imagining something akin to the Deserts of Kharack from the Homeworld series?

Ok, first, the atmosphere is breathable, however, it might have slightly different composition. same gases as earth, different proportions, such as a little more oxygen, however, it has quite low humidity, resulting in very infrequent rainfall.

As for the the beings in the colonies, its all common people trying to scrape by. while there is some self sufficiency. its very small with only a few really trying to make their living completely in dependent of the supply runs from other places. In all honesty, the only universe mentioned so far I've actually heard of in detail is star wars, but even then its not quite the same.

Ah, I should have specified more. When I say atmosphere, I am referring to tone, not the composition of the gases surrounding the planet. So, what tone are you looking for in this RP? Is it meant to be gritty and serious, or whimsical and light? Perhaps somewhere in between?

Ah, I should have specified more. When I say atmosphere, I am referring to tone, not the composition of the gases surrounding the planet. So, what tone are you looking for in this RP? Is it meant to be gritty and serious, or whimsical and light? Perhaps somewhere in between?

Oh.........
Its mostly going to be rather serious, there might be some lighter moments, but mostly serious.

Soon, im still deciding what all to put in it though.
Perhaps something more than establishing a new settlement. That sounds like an rp destined to die in just a few pages. Perhaps something more fulfilling, or dire? What conflicts could come up other than some other factions noticing and sending attacks?

Perhaps something more than establishing a new settlement. That sounds like an rp destined to die in just a few pages. Perhaps something more fulfilling, or dire? What conflicts could come up other than some other factions noticing and sending attacks?

Ok, first, the settlements aren't really new. they've been there for a while, long enough for them to grow and start governing themselves.
The idea of the supply runs is related to the dry climate. At the moment it is believed the planet has little to offer in true self sufficiency, but only certain industries like mining.

Also you have some trying to rise to become a dictator, for lack of a better term, you have good people labeled criminals, also there are things such as the wild life and the terrain to contend with, so perhaps its find a a way for all the people to survive and continue on their own, or find a way to get off the planet, or gradually, everyone will perish. and obviously, people will disagree on how to go about the whole thing, people will get sick, shot, or even eaten by carnivores.

Back