Legend of Zelda: Sins of the Father (Book 2, Fan Fiction)

Alissa Ming

Wandering Storyteller
Prologue
Demise sat with Ghirahim, angry. "Well, Ghirahim, I am finally awake. And it took long enough. But I am not at full power. And if I am not at full power, I cannot take this world, as is my destiny. Also, I am having trouble controlling this vessel. He fights me at every opportunity. I believe if we find where the rest of my power has gone, I can completely subsume him. If the hero had not arrived when he had, this...Gannondorf would not have fought me so. In fact, he would have been glad of the power I offer. Ah well. We already have the Triforce of Power. Now we need the other three, but the Goddess and the Hero are powerful. Especially that blasted Goddess. So, I want you to go and find my missing power. Now."
"Of course, my lord. I will do as you wish. I'm sure we will find the rest. Though the Hero will only grow more powerful."
"I know. But that will make it all the more sweet to beat him. Now go." Ghirahim bowed to Demise, and left. "Well, the little Hero and the Goddess don't recognize me, Ghirahim, or anything else. And so much has changed. I suppose this makes things more interesting. Too bad I have to wait..."

Chapter One
When Demise rose again, it took the Hero and the reborn Goddess together to defeat him at last. But he left them with a terrible curse.
Link was moping. He, Zelda, Eli, Impa, Kome, Kotake, Nabooru, and Daruma were in a meeting, trying to decide what to do next. But they were no closer to an answer on how to defeat Demise without also hurting Gannondorf.
"
If only we had the Triforce." Zelda mused. "It's said it can grant wishes. Though if anyone touches it who puts one of its values above the other three, it will shatter into three pieces. The Triforce of Courage, the Triforce of Wisdom, and the Triforce of Power. Each will go to the person who best represents that piece. It can be put back together, but only if someone were to find all three pieces."
"
Wait," Link said, sitting up. "I thought you guys had it. You certainly gave that impression during your audience with my dad."
"
Alas, we couldn't tell Gannondorf, but we lost it in the last war. No one knows what happened to it. I suspect it broke into its three pieces. But I could be wrong. If it is, then I should have the Triforce of Wisdom. It's always been in my line, gifted the the Hylian princess. But I haven't seen the mark. Maybe I'm missing something."
"
So basically something changed this time, and either the Triforce pieces didn't break up, or they didn't go to whoever best resembled them." Link mused.
"
Exactly. However, I wonder if there's more too it than that. Typically, what happens is the Triforce of Courage has to be found by the Hero who's protecting Hyrule at the time. Or that's what all our history says. That hero has to complete trials proving himself worthy of the Triforce of Courage. So maybe something like that happened with the Triforce of Wisdom this time. Whatever happened, if we want any chance of rescuing Gannondorf, we need to find the Triforce, or its pieces. Then you can wish him apart from this Demise character. I wonder why he thought we should recognize him."
"
I'm not sure. But he seemed to know us at least. As did Ghirahim. The names sound familiar, but I can't place where."
"
Well, for now, I'll continue to go through our history, though much of it was lost after the fall of Hyrule. I can't guarantee I'll be able to find them, or anything about them." Link nodded his understanding. Even more history had been lost in the simple passage of time, as Hyrule tried to rebuild from it's fall. Not always successfully. Much had been both lost and gained. Some of that gain had been lost again. It was a terrible cycle that kept repeating and repeating. The new constantly being built upon the old. It never ended. He was just one more version of that struggle for survival.
The talking continued, on and on. Finally Link had had enough. "
Look, all this planning and plotting will only take us so far. We need two things for sure. We need to know what Demise is after, other than defeating us, or he would have done so already. And we need to find the Triforce or it's pieces. We won't get anywhere just sitting here. So I'm going to go looking for the Triforce."
"
I'll come with." Said Eli. "After all, someone has to keep you out of trouble." And with that, the two boys left the room.

Chapter Two
Demise defeated at last by the Hero, his final words were a curse on the Hero and the Goddess, that there would never be true peace in Hyrule and they would continue to be reborn in times of strife.
"So what's the plan, Link?" Asked Eli as they entered Hyrule Field.
"
I'm not entirely sure. But I can't just sit and twiddle my thumbs either. So, right now the plan is to pick a direction and see if we come across anything that can help." Link admitted with a shrug.
"
You really do need looking after, don't you?"
Link shrugged again. "
Dad's still out there, Eli. And every moment I'm sitting still, is another moment for Demise to regain whatever power he may have lost. I can't just sit around. I just can't."
Eli nodded his understanding. "
It would still help to know where we were going."
This time, Link nodded. But they had no one left to really ask. No one to talk to. He suspected there was more to the Master Sword than met the eye, but that was no help whatsoever. They traveled the entire day, and set up camp as the sun set. Eli went foraging, while Link practiced with the Master Sword. He was just about to put it away when it happened. Eli heard a shout from Link and came running, drawing his own sword to defend his friend, only to almost drop it when he saw where Link was looking. A young woman was floating above the ground. She was blue skinned. She wore a purple tunic and stockings. Her arms were covered in purple and blue sleeves. One sleeve was blue, the other purple. She looked at Link, and spoke.
"
It has been a long time, Master." She said.
"
W-w-who are you???" Link was sitting on the ground, having fallen over when the woman appeared out of no where.
"
You do not remember me? Have I been gone that long? Then I shall introduce yourself. My name is Fi. I am the spirit of the Master Sword."
"
I didn't even realize the Master Sword had a spirit. Why are you here now?"
"
I am here to help you find your way to defeating Demise, Master. I can help you by telling you if we are close to certain energy signatures."
"
You can do that?"
"
Yes, Master. I can. I should be able to triangulate the energies of the Triforce of Courage, and any evil energy we may come across."
"
This is a stroke of luck, Link." Eli interjected excitedly. "Who would have thought there was something like this at our disposal."
"
I see much has changed since we last saw one another, Master." Fi said, looking at Eli.
"
I'd assume so, yeah. I mean, it's been a while since the Fall."
"
Something is troubling you, Master."
"
Yeah, Demise has taken over my dad's body. I don't want to hurt my dad if I don't have to. The Triforce is the only way to reasonably accomplish that."
"
Then I shall do everything in my power to help you accomplish your goal, Master."
"
Thanks, Fi, though it's just Link. Not 'Master.'"
"
I will attempt to remember that, Master."
Link sighed in frustration, and, when Fi vanished back into the Master Sword, he and Eli ate and went to sleep for the night.

Chapter Three
Eventually, as time passed, the Hylian race returned to the surface of Hyrule, settling the most prosperous parts of the land.
The next morning, Link and Eli discussed their next move, and their expanded options, with the help of Fi. "You know, I had a thought. When I met Xandar on my first trip to Hyrule, something about him rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think I've ever felt that uncomfortable around someone who was just helping me. Except when dad was at his angriest, with Zelda, and later with me, when he didn't recognize me."
"
Interesting thought, Link. Do you think he'll be Demise's next target?"
"
I'm not sure. But if he is, we have to stop him somehow."
"
Link, I dunno if we can find Xandar. You said yourself that he was a traveler who just happened across you when you were sick. Even with Fi, it would likely be easier to find the Triforce of Courage."
"
I am not so sure about that, Master." Fi appeared out of the Master Sword, and entered the conversation. Both boys jumped, even though they knew Fi was there. "During our last encounter with Demise, I experienced quite a bit of his energy. I believe I could find it with ease."
Link looked at Fi, doubtful. "
You sure Fi?"
"
There is a 85% chance of success, Master."
Link nodded, though he hadn't asked for the odds, just if she was sure. "
Alright, then, let's find Xandar. Then we go straight for the Triforce of Courage. Or the Triforce. Whichever it is currently. Man that's confusing." Eli nodded as Fi returned to the sword once again, though her voice could still be heard.
"
I don't know, Link, maybe we should do what we planned originally and go after the Triforce of Courage. You could barely beat your dad before Demise took over. I don't think we'll stand a chance against Demise without the Triforce of Courage."
Link thought on that, then he sighed. Eli was right. "
You're right, Eli. I don't like it, but you're right. We'll go after the Triforce of Courage."
The boys got up, broke camp, and took off as Fi went back into the Master Sword. Link had to wonder if he'd made the right choice. But then again, he had no better idea how to find Xandar than he did the Triforce of Courage. He simply had to hope he'd come across it.

Last edited:
Back