New User Let's Dance

Dan

tuwéni ★
Forum Moderator: Bulletin Board
Benefactor
Hello Fellow SCers,

I think this is the site I've been looking for, like legit. Anyway, I'm Dan and I've been roleplaying since Bebo was a website before it went down a different path. So, I was pretty young, like 11 - 12, when I started roleplaying and learned the basics of it myself. Not gonna lie, I wistfully miss that old site because I was sort of a pro at making skins. Roleplaying has always been a hobby to me throughout my adolescence and just never went away. Throughout the years, I've grown intermediately to what I'd like to call my "progress" to now. At present, I'm just down for whatever at this point but I do have limits (as does everyone or so I hope.) OH I'm used to writing in third perspective, if that helps. I also love details but I'll roleplay with anyone of any skill :)

Besides roleplaying, I love writing offline. I don't like publishing them or showing them to anyone else because I always feel they're never finished. When I re-read them I get irritated that I never found an ending for it. I'm a sucker for video games but these days I mainly play story-based games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Senua's Sacrifice, Last of Us, Life Is Strange etc. I think you get the picture by now.

Sadly, I don't think I've ever found what I wanted to do in life so I just substitute at the local school here. It helps keep me busy so don't be surprised if I'm not online from 8 AM to 2 PM CST.

Besides me, myself, and I. I also care for 4 cats - 2 adults and 2 kittens. What was originally supposed to be my cat, Cow, ended with me in 4 cats. I'm not complaining, I love them to bits and pieces when they're not clawing my hands every second we play.

Anywho, I hope this was somewhat enlightening about myself. If not, there'll be more time for that later. Thanks for reading, now shall we dance?

P.S I posted this in the AM because I don't have work lol.

Hey there and welcome!

We actually have a lot of older members here with jobs, careers, families, and other such things to juggle. So people being unavailable for stretches of the day is fairly normal :) You'll fit right in.

I would recommend browsing through some of the other introduction threads and hitting up some of our other new arrivals that have interests that seem to fall in line with your own. It's a good way to get a head-start on making RP connections until your account is approved.

Also have to say I'm quite fond of story-based games myself, but never have time to play them. So I cheat and watch my husband play them :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That way I get to see the story while I get other things done. I think that makes me some kind of video game mooch.

Reactions: Dan
Hey there, I'm new too. I tried playing dragon age and I was very confused. Dragon Age Origins is so old school and I just couldn't get with it. It was very interesting but not enough to hold my attention. Do you by chance know anything about DA that could get me back into it and possibly allow me to enjoy it? I've been told it's an incredible series, I just have ADHD and it can't hold my attention for very long.

Eeeeeeyyyyy mass effect is dope. You should give Deus Ex a try if you haven't already. I'm a sucker for good story-based video games.

I, too, have four kitties. Nugget, Noodle, Chips, and Queso! At any rate, welcome to STC. Any preference for writing genre?

Hey there, I'm new too. I tried playing dragon age and I was very confused. Dragon Age Origins is so old school and I just couldn't get with it. It was very interesting but not enough to hold my attention. Do you by chance know anything about DA that could get me back into it and possibly allow me to enjoy it? I've been told it's an incredible series, I just have ADHD and it can't hold my attention for very long.
I started off with Dragon Age: Inquisition because it was on sale, to be honest. I've logged over 300+ hours into that game. I think you could take small breaks in-between - that's just my advice. If it doesn't hold your attention then don't worry about it! You can also look to YouTube to get a summarized version of the story so you don't have to force yourself to like something. I think do what best suits you. Take my advice with a grain of salt since I'm actually not a hardcore fan lol

Eeeeeeyyyyy mass effect is dope. You should give Deus Ex a try if you haven't already. I'm a sucker for good story-based video games.

I, too, have four kitties. Nugget, Noodle, Chips, and Queso! At any rate, welcome to STC. Any preference for writing genre?
Thanks for the rec! I definitely will :)

They have cute names lol I haven't named my kittens yet. They're both 4+ months old. I like Fantasy and Sci-Fi! But I also don't mind other genres to write on. It'll help me expand my writing more and I'm here for it :)

Hey, just popping back in to let you know that your account has been approved. You should now have access to all of the roleplay areas of the forums :)

Hey there and welcome!

We actually have a lot of older members here with jobs, careers, families, and other such things to juggle. So people being unavailable for stretches of the day is fairly normal :) You'll fit right in.

I would recommend browsing through some of the other introduction threads and hitting up some of our other new arrivals that have interests that seem to fall in line with your own. It's a good way to get a head-start on making RP connections until your account is approved.

Also have to say I'm quite fond of story-based games myself, but never have time to play them. So I cheat and watch my husband play them :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That way I get to see the story while I get other things done. I think that makes me some kind of video game mooch.
Thanks for the advice! I will do that :)

Oh lol like a backseat viewer? I used to do that a lot when I was younger because I was scared I'd mess up the game lol

Back