Lewis High: Sign Ups (Player and GM Applications!)

thedoc

It's 2002, the air was still hot from the past summer, the birds still chirping loudly as the rays of sun hit the faces of the youth. This wasn't just another summer, however. This was the summer going into your first year of High School. Parents have always talked about the high school lifestyle with some kind of reverence of the experience made during those four years. The connections made, the adventures had, the loves kindled, and the loves lost. While this talk of the great adventure of high school was supposed to make their children more excited about the journey to come, they were more scared than anything else. What would happen if they'd missed out on the exciting prospects of adolescence? What if they weren't the same people as they were going into high school. Would the experience of high school help or hinder their progress as a person?

There was no time to answer all of those questions concisely. They were going to have to figure it out on their own. A whole new adventure that will test their willpower and their mental stability. All of the work hours and the sleepless nights, all of the stress and clubs, will it get to our youngsters? Well, there's a high school on the horizon that will put their minds to the test. Lewis High will see if they have the power to withstand the backstabbing, the broken hearts, the ruined dreams, the expensive football tickets, or the late assignments? Well, let's see if they can...

Welcome! I plan on creating a Degrassi style high school roleplay. I plan on this trying to be at least a little deeper than an average high school roleplay, as I have a lot planned for this. I plan on having certain events, think of promo campaigns for tv shows. These events majorly change the plot, but players will choose how it affects the characters and the resulting chaos. I and One other GM will be controlling NPC's, and other general things that aren't player characters. There will be a discord server when RP starts to make the communications between players a lot more smooth. The sign-ups for characters will be in this thread, while GM applications will be in an interview format through PM. The player character sheet will be below. Also to preface this before you get the wrong expectations, this will be a large RP. I expect at least a few paragraphs a post, with detailed descriptions and such. I respect all forms of roleplaying as long as the role players are having fun, but that's not the roleplay I'm going for. Also, don't forget this is 2002, the internet is still pretty bad as people talk through AOL Messenger, television still reigns king, and the GameCube just came out. Anyways, here it is:

Character Sheet

Full Name:

Age (14 or 15, these are freshmen.):

General Size (Small person, Big person, etc.):

Average attire:

Appearance (I prefer just a literary description, but face claims are fine. Just make sure they look teen-ish):

Personality (Make sure that the personality is decently flawed. These are young teens, they are flawed no matter how you view it. And by flawed I mean unlikable qualities of their personalities and not stuff they can't control like anxiety. That's not a personality flaw.):

Clique Your character would fit the most in. (Think Jocks, Nerds, Outcast, etc. I'm not going to typecast your characters, people aren't like that. But in general, what clique would your character seem to fit the most in?):

Familial Relationships (Important relationships that shape your character. A stepfather who's negligent. a broken home, etc. Not needed to make a great character, just here incase. Don't need to fill out!):

The hobby that makes them the happiest:

Other Quirks (Here to flesh them out with junk that's not really important, but can add some flavor to your character. An irrelevant quirk, if you will.):​

There we go! Remember, make the characters flawed! If you'd love reading about their problems and turmoil in novels, then that'd be perfect! Thank you, and good luck fellow role players!

Character Sheet

Full Name: Kiyo Amaya Chou-Pierre

Age (14 or 15, these are freshmen.): 14

General Size (Small person, Big person, etc.): small person

Average attire: Skirts, hoodies, calf-high socks, and high top converse, with Mp3 player (Ik it came out in 2002)

Appearance (I prefer just a literary description, but face claims are fine. Just make sure they look teen-ish):
Hazel- green eyes, black hair, stand at around 4'9", 86lbs

original.jpg

Personality (Make sure that the personality is decently flawed. These are young teens, they are flawed no matter how you view it. And by flawed I mean unlikable qualities of their personalities and not stuff they can't control like anxiety. That's not a personality flaw.): Kiyo is a quiet person and tad socially awkward. Because she is always quiet she sometimes can seem standoffish and rude. Most people don't enjoy how she tries to be kind to everyone and works hard in everything she does. She can sometimes look like a teacher's pet.

Clique Your character would fit the most in. (Think Jocks, Nerds, Outcast, etc. I'm not going to typecast your characters, people aren't like that. But in general, what clique would your character seem to fit the most in?): Outcasts

Familial Relationships (Important relationships that shape your character. A stepfather who's negligent. a broken home, etc. Not needed to make a great character, just here incase. Don't need to fill out!): Lives with her Dad & Older brother, Her mother died during birth. Her father works a full-time job so he isn't home a lot. Kiyo mostly grew up with it being just her and her older brother.

The hobby that makes them the happiest: Writing & Singing

Other Quirks (Here to flesh them out with junk that's not really important, but can add some flavor to your character. An irrelevant quirk, if you will.): Kiyo really likes sweets.

I think I did it right but here!​

Full Name: Hana Lin Yao-Jia

General Size: small

Average attire: Usually a simple hoodie over a T-shirt and jeans.

Appearance: Dark brown hair pulled into a ponytail and a thick fringe that covers her forehead. She has thick pink glasses. She's about 5'4 (160cm) but her bad posture often makes her look smaller.

View attachment 6772

Personality: Outwardly, Hana appears to be quiet and meek, hating any sort of confrontation. This leads to her being a bit of a pushover because she doesn't like to deal with conflict. As a result, people tend to think that she's a boring person who's only good for copying essays from or pushing around for fun. Internally, however, Hana struggles with her sense of identity and inability to fit in, all while holding a deep grudge towards more "popular" people in school. She longs for friends that she can open up to, though her tendency to judge people prematurely hurts her chances of relating to others.

Clique Your character would fit the most in: Loner, Outcast

Familial Relationships: Hana and her parents have a strained relationship - being the only child of immigrants, Hana has been facing their high expectations since childhood, which she's grown to resent. Furthermore, Hana thinks that their overbearing nature is preventing her from being able to truly find friends, leading to more tension between her and her parents.

The hobby that makes them the happiest: Reading, listening to music, secretly browsing internet forums/chatrooms

Other Quirks (Here to flesh them out with junk that's not really important, but can add some flavor to your character. An irrelevant quirk, if you will.): She wants a pet but her parents won't let her have one.

(Hope this is fine lol)

Name: Aisha Taylor
General size: small

Average attire: Soft coloured, mostly cream, clothes. Short skirts and dresses. Tops with puffy sleeves and collars. Ribbons, lace, velvet. Vintage meets kawaii.

Appearance: 5”2. Shiny, wavy, coal black hair almost waist length. Olive skin. Brown almond shaped eyes with thick lashes. Small pink lips.

Personality: Comes across pleasant, charming and genuine. Likes making friends and curious about people. People pleaser. Sensitive and daydreamy. Although tends to be popular doesn’t feel like she belongs and walks around with a void. Self critical, perfectionist.

Clique: popular

Family: Has 6 siblings and is the middle child. Parents from India and family are Muslim (she doesn’t identify herself as Muslim though this is a secret). Doesn’t have a relationship with parents on account of all the kids. Can be very busy and chaotic at home and always filled with drama. Hence all the detached daydreaming and friends as distractions.

Hobby that makes them happiest: visiting new places

Other quirks: Likes to store as much as she can in her locker. Whoever has their locker next to hers is very lucky is all I’ll say!

(Excited to join. Can you tell this is my first role play?)

Back