Full LF D&D Game

We still have room for one more person!
For reference what we have so far is a Druid (going circle of stars), War Cleric, Bard, and the fourth member is deciding what they want to play.

Would someone with no prior experience of this particular ruleset and only little more in general D&D type stuff be okay?
(also European timezone for me, if thats a problem I totally understand)

Would someone with no prior experience of this particular ruleset and only little more in general D&D type stuff be okay?
(also European timezone for me, if thats a problem I totally understand)
It's play by post so as long as you can put out a few posts a week you'll be fine! Everyone here has different schedules so we're not strict on post times. As someone experienced with 5e I'll gladly give you a hand creating your character!
@Tiko can get you set up to join the brainstorming channel on the discord since we're still working on character sheets

And to your other question, Tiko and I have no prior experience of 5e either. As I understand it, Tiko just recently bought the books and I don't own any of them. Take note that there are some technical differences between 5e and, say, 3.5e or Pathfinder, and you can probably find more about those differences online. I have read the full (vanilla) rulebook and, if you join the conversation on Discord, we can get you up to speed. We can do it by PM also but it's much easier over Discord, and there's a large body of information already there.

Last edited:
That would be very welcome ^^

I have no access to the discord convo yet, or I'm being very blind... I also have no knowledge of those rulesets you mentioned. I've played a bit of a ruleset popular in my country, though I don't know if that has an english version. Probably best to just think of me as a total newbie

@Tiko will need to invite you into the Discord channel I believe, just sit tight! Between the rest of us, I think we have a pretty good grasp on everything and should be able to answer any questions you have so I don't think there will be any problems.

Glad to have you along! :emoji_blush:

I'm sure Tico is busy enough without all of us poking them to do stuff.

Could someone maybe suggest some good websites to read up on some basics and possibilities of character creation? I can start reading up and collecting ideas

I haven't read through this site myself but lots of people use D&D Beyond and it seems to be word for word out of the 5e PHB so it should help a bit in the very least?

It doesn't have all the classes/races but it's a solid start.

Also this app has a pretty decent character generator wizard. Dunno if you have apple or android or something else but this is the android version. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wgkammerer.testgui.basiccharactersheet.app

But basic steps, choose a race, choose a class, choose a background. Each of those will shape your character's personality as well as contribute features.

The website Tiko provided in the chat has a lot of options. If it seems overwhelming, just check the players handbook link I sent in chat. Less convenient because you have to navigate it as a book but the options are much more manageable.

Back