LGBTQ+ rights matter! What's your story?

So with all the insanity and the protests etc that're going on right now, we might as well discuss what is (in my opinion) one of the biggest issues with society. While some people are willing to accept others for who they are, some people are still homophobic, transphobic, or just straight up hateful.

I am very lucky to have grown up in a family that respects peoples' preferences. I tried so hard to pretend I was straight but once I came out and told everyone I wasn't my mom said she already knew xD at this point even two of my siblings ship me and my future gf. I'm pans btw
Also prepare for a bit of ranting lmao

There's this bi girl in my neighborhood who I've really liked for a while now. It's been longer than 4 months, the normal duration of a simple crush, so it's clear I'm already in love. She initially said she just wanted to be friends because she was already dating someone else. She broke up with him a couple months ago. I dunno if it was because of me in some way, I feel like it was but it was still 100% her decision. Heck, I even tried to talk her out of it, 'cause her bf was a nice guy.

Anyway, we can't see each other because of the pandemic but we fully intend to get together once school starts up again. She's a really nice girl (she bought me some small gifts last Christmas even after I told her I didn't want her to get me anything. I loved them anyway) I always buy her little gifts like some chocolate or a small plushie, for holidays or just whenever I feel like she needs cheering up. Every time I give her something I tie a ribbon around it in her favorite color and it seems to make her really happy. I really love this girl and I hope things work out.

In my school district there's a thing called the Gay-Straight Alliance. I will definitely be joining this group next semester.

Anyway, that's my story. What about the rest of you guys?
you have to be incredibly diluted to think it's the most important issue, central banking is erasing our sovereignty as a nation and the world is experiencing crumbling poverty. Who cares about any of that when in like 40+yrs everyone that was once middle class will be living in tents in a mcdonalds parking lot.

you have to be incredibly diluted to think it's the most important issue, central banking is erasing our sovereignty as a nation and the world is experiencing crumbling poverty. Who cares about any of that when in like 40+yrs everyone that was once middle class will be living in tents in a mcdonalds parking lot.

Issues can coexist. Both can be pressing matters that should be addressed. You're right, there are more "urgent" issues out there in the world right now like the COVID threat and other political instabilities. But that doesn't mean we toss caring about LGBT+ rights out the window either.

Issues can coexist. Both can be pressing matters that should be addressed. You're right, there are more "urgent" issues out there in the world right now like the COVID threat and other political instabilities. But that doesn't mean we toss caring about LGBT+ rights out the window either.
Not caring=/=saying that something isn't an urgent issue that deserves major attention at the moment.

Part of this community as well. I'm asexual as well as panromanic, meaning I'm not picky on the gender of my partner. Male, female, non-binary, doesn't matter to me. Asexual means I have no desire nor drive for sexual interaction and people have such a hard time understanding that. I've been called many hateful and hurtful things over the years and still haven't told family about it. They're very homophobic so I can only imagine how that will go if I ever got into a relationship with another female.

I support everyone in this community though and I wish everyone the best and that they stay safe and strong! You'll never alone with people like us around. We got your backs!

Back