Akashic Arcana Library shenanigans: Two flames meet.

Rubies body shook at Jaydens refusal, not out of anger or even insult... But because he sounded so much like her. Shifting a little, a phantom pain shot up the scar on her back. "We are our scars... The past is a pain that will never heal." Almost lost in her own thoughts Ruby almost didn't process Jaydens words about Artoria. Shaking her head the memories now slowly starting to disappear, Ruby looked at Jayden smiling sadly. "Sorry about that. I've been having some... stressed episodes of late. What I meant to say was that, it helps to have a reminder to push yourself. Also, it seems like you have an awful lot of respect for her. You sure you don't enjoy her company a little." That sly grin returning, she was glad to have a distraction from her own thoughts.

Jayden watched in curiosity as Ruby zones out. He lets her mind wonder, as he has had episodes such as this before and knew the best route was to leave them be. He nods along to her phrase that they are their scars. He even started to zone out himself, almost as if he was remembering something. The memories were not as intense as Ruby's but they were significant enough that he almost missed what she said. But as soon as he understood what she was implying, his face quickly turned red as she states that he does enjoy her company. "I-I- What! NO! No. No." he shakes his head "I do not! She annoys me to no end and we constantly fight!"

Jayden then brushed it off as he gets a grip on his emotions and expressions. "Its nothing. She is an annoying stuckup princess and I have better things to do than talk about her!" he then makes a brushing motion with his hand, as if to wave off any thoughts of her.

Ruby just nodded her head knowingly at his protests amused at how much in denial he was. "Uha. Fighting. Annoying. Well since you put it that way, I'm sure of the answer." But before she could continue a slight beeping could be heard from her bag, an alarm she set.

He mood noticeably soured instantly she pulled out the small Black ORB, muttering something that could be heard if Jayden listened really closely. "I guess I've put it off for too long..." Telekinetically putting a few books into her bag, that now on closer inspection was just a stuffed animal that was modified to be a bag. "Sorry to cut thing short Jay, but I gotta go meet the wicked Bitch of the Confederacy.... Part of a deal... Ultimatum she made me." slinging the stuffed animal around her arm like a purse she made her way out of the library... But not before, "It was nice meeting you. If you need help with Artoira I'd be happy to fill in." She magically manipulated flames on the table to spell out her contact number and then went her way. Almost wanting to light a bitch on fire as she went out the door, mentioning that Ruby had been slain by the Warrior Princess. "Jesus on a pancake christ give me strength."

Jayden looks even more flustered by Ruby's reponse. However, he would be distracted by the beeping noise. His eyebrow shoots up as she mutters to herself. Jayden then nods as she mentions she has to go "Understand! It was a pleasure meeting you!"

He then puts her number in his ORB as she heads away. As soon as he finishes, his own ORB went off reminding him he is late for a class. "SHIT!" he exclaims before grabbing his things and sprinting out the door. His face was still flustered by the remarks Ruby made about him and Artoria, but his mind was quickly cleared as he sprints to the classroom.

Along the way, he made a mental note that Ruby is a rather cool person and that he wouldnt mind introducing her to his friends so that she didnt feel alone. He knew that the academy was a brutal place to got at it alone, so his group of friends would be a great boon to the fiery woman.

Fin~~

Last edited:
Back