NAME: Ronna Athelen

(Read the backstory first, the personality makes more sense then)

PERSONALITY:
Ronna is hardened, quiet, and sober. Ever since her brother died she’s stayed reserved, only really speaking when necessary. If she dedicates herself to a task she will see it through, no matter what the cost. This one track mind has proven to be both harmful and helpful, depending on the situation. Ego isn't a problem for her- if something needs to be done, she will do it. She doesn’t laugh- ever. In fact, she’ll rarely show emotion to anyone, even herself. She doesn’t let herself get attached to anyone, largely one of the reasons she comes across as cold and uncaring. The unfairness of her brother’s death and her anger at the thieves created an internal anger that has yet to be resolved. It’s very, very hard to piss her off, but if you do, watch your back. You may find a dagger in it.

BACKSTORY:
When Ronna was 18, the town she lived in in the outer reaches was attacked by thieves. One knocked over an oil lamp, creating a massive fire that spread across the camp. Though she tried to keep close to her little 12 year old brother, when the fire receded he was gone. A day later, they found his dead body at the edge of town. He had died trying to escape the fire. Ever since then, she's been more reserved and focused. She trains hard in combat skills every day in case those thieves ever dare show up again.

EXTRA FACTS:
-She has an intense phobia of fire, and won't even carry a lantern.
-To clear the taste of smoke from her mouth after the fire, she was given some mint gum. She got addicted to it, and she'll always have some on her, despite the high cost. In times when she was really struggling, she would steal it if need be.
-Ronna is volunteering for the guard because she wants to make a difference. If there's a way she can save other people from any dangers there might be she wants to take it.

EQUIPMENT:
-Ronna doesn't carry a lantern, but has 10+ glow sticks on hand at all times
-Mint gum
-Her brother's favorite toy- a little man fashioned out of sticks and other things found around camp
-Weapon- An old, rusted, silver gun. When the thieves realized they’d started a fire, they fled. One of them dropped the gun Ronna found, and she was able to scavenge some ammunition from a small stockpile they’d left behind even though most was lost to the fire. After a year of searching, she found an old book on how to make gunpowder. She makes her own and melts her own bullets.
-A ribbon to tie her hair back.

Quick (but important) question- how exactly did the sun go out? I've read the thread several times and it's still not exactly clear to me.

Quick (but important) question- how exactly did the sun go out? I've read the thread several times and it's still not exactly clear to me.
Mhm! That's intentional - nobody really knows. All anyone knows is that 'they' - the things that have taken over Earth's surface - stole it away from the humans.

Rorshach's Journal said:
Mhm! That's intentional - nobody really knows. All anyone knows is that 'they' - the things that have taken over Earth's surface - stole it away from the humans.

Ah! Okay, glad I didn't miss anything. Are you going to post your character profile?

Okay, so.

I'm currently dealing with a fairly serious real life thing (like a 7 on the Richter scale) so I'm going to delay the launch of this bad mother by a week at least. sorry to those who were all jazzed to start.

I'll keep you folks updated, and I'll shoot a pm around to make sure yall are still interested.

Back