Adenovirus 423 Living Quarters

Crim

The blobfish
Description: Living Quarters contain one room which have a makeshift bed in them only. There is no electricity or hot water. If you want to wash you have to go up and out to a river or wash in the old sewer system which isn't the cleanest or nicest. Only light is by candles. The rooms are muddy and dusty, and have a sewer like smell to them. There is no toilet.

Lyra stretched her slender arms above her head as she blinked open her green eyes. Her hair, tangled and dirty, framed her pale face. Smiling she glanced beside her to the rag-doll peeking out of the partially open backpack.

"I think we will find him here, Kitty" her lips parting in a wide joyful grin.

Lyra rose to her feet quickly and silently, moved to the far corner, and relieved her bladder on the floor before gathering her things and heading for the hall. She tugged her dolly from her pack and gave it a squeeze. The black button, recently sewn on, was crusty and she picked at the dark threads. Her brows furrowed in displeasure.

"Bruce lied about Keylin. He didn't deserve to have this button."

Her frown faded and her eyes gleamed with childish delight. "He said I was too old for dolls, but without you I will never find my brother" her voice dropped to a conspiratory whisper as she tucked the doll back into her pack "He sure talked a lot..... until I used his tongue for thread."

She stepped into the hall and paused to get her bearings. Looking to the left as she felt a strange tug deep inside her belly, she began to head down the corridor with all the confidence of a thirteen year old who isn't afraid of death. One way or another she would find Keylin. He was her twin, they were meant to be together either alive or dead. It didn't matter to her.

She really needed to get up and sort herself out. Sara had plenty to do. It was a shame that her brain was only thinking about Derek though. Laying in bed she grinned like a fool just at the thought of the man. Yes, she was breaking the rules with him, but she was sure that he would protect her and him no matter what. She loved him and he loved her. Yes, the Underground had strick rules regarding relations. Yes, they could end up dead because of thier intimacy, but really, she didn't se why it mattered. Surely... surely they should want to live and not die.

Of course, she'd never voiced those thoughts. Not even to Derek. She'd ended up in the Underground as a young girl, recruited when her parents were killed. She didn't really remember it but that is what she'd been told. And since then that was how she had lived. She knew better than to speak out. And she didn't want to leave without Derek.

Getting up, Sara washed and dressed before walking out of the bedroom, listening to see who was around.

Back