Adenovirus 423 Living Quarters

'One year of a failed catastrophe...'

As the time passed, a young man sat in a chair. On a small table beside him was a bowl. Within that bowl were a few grenades. Not the dangerous kind, mind you, but the kind that hinders. cylindrical grenades, rough in terms of appearance in comparison to its precursors, but still quite effective in its usage. Stun grenades. Flashbangs. Concussive grenades. These were arguably much more difficult to create than the more favored grenade, but make them the young man did.

'The lost triplet's cries echo across the land,'

The young man continued to finish up his grenade. It wasn't his favorite kind, but it's still a necessary part of their equipment. It was a bit of bother to create something that would release the sound and light of a contained explosion, but he had the skill and the knowledge and the experience to make it work. Enough for him to think to himself of how to secure the password to his next big bomb, should he ever find the time and materials to make it.

'moving away from their siblings, rather than towards them.'

This young man's name is Vito, but he is better known as "Rat." And he had just finished crafting another concussive grenade. Smiling at his creation, he placed the newly finished creation in the bowl with the others.

Last edited:
Wyatt had a mission. He had no idea where Preston was but that didn't matter any more. He wanted to see their explosive expert. See what he was up to. That was more important. If they had the knowledge to create this stuff in bulk... well, they'd be the winning faction for sure.

He rounded the corner and found the room he was searching for. Without a knock, Wyatt just entered and his brown eyes looked for the young boy - Rat. He was there and he was working. Perfect.

"Oi, Rat." Wyatt moved into the room.

There were explosives to the side. He nodded. This was good. "I've come to ask a few things about these explosives you do. First, is there any resources that you currently need? And two, how easy do you think it'll be teach others how to make these things? I only ask because I'm thinking if we can make these all in bulk... if we ever need to attack, we'll have the advantage."

Rat was arching into a drawer to pick a new shell when Wyatt entered his room. The boy was asking if he needed any materials. Well, that and if he could teach the others. Rat, keeping a calmness in his appearance regardless of the sudden intrusion, answered the first question.

"Hm. Scrap metal and Clay help immensely. They make the frame of these explosives. Black powder helps as well, but I doubt you'd find much of it out there. Even then, carrying it around is hazardous. It would basically make you a walking bomb if not careful. I rather you just bring back charcoal so I can make it myself."

Rat thought on the second question. It would be a boon if everyone also knew how to make explosives. It would make production faster, and missions involving destruction much easier. However...

"As for your other question...Well, I can teach you and the others, I guess. But it would take a while for anyone to get it down without blowing themselves sky high. Especially with only half of this book."

Rat walked over to his bed, and reached under the pillow. He pulled out a mangled, tattered-looking bung of pages that once belonged to a whole book. It was ripped from the spine, and a good portion of other pages were understandably missing.

"A starving person will never feel full with only a portion of a meal."

Rat placed it back under his pillow, and returned to his seat. He reached into the drawer from earlier, and pulled out a small, clay or ceramic-looking orb with a hole in it, and placed it on the ground, beside a small bowl of what looked to be the aforementioned black powder. As he began working on it, he continued speaking.

"I'm perfectly willing to teach, but understand that it will require time and resources."

Wyatt nodded at the materials that Rat stated. Clay and scrap metal were easy to get scouts to look for. And with the packages that kept arriving in No Man's Land with supplies and resources in, they might be able to get these resources from them. Who knew what would be found in them when they were dropped.

"That's good enough. I can get scouts looking for that when they go out. I might go out scouting at some point so can look for both those too." He added.

When he mentioned the stuff about the teaching, Wyatt frowned. "I'll have to see if I can talk to Eve about that. She'll probably want input on the resources and everything. I'll have to get back to you on that. But it's a thought on making production quicker."

"Can I have a look at that book you just pulled out?"

"Hm..."

Rat was uncomfortable with the concept of anyone other than his sister even touching his half of the book, but...Wyatt never the type to keep anything like that forever anyway. Still, for a moment, Rat's grin wavered in response. Regardless, he walked over to his bed once again, and reached under the pillow. He took the half of the book in hand and walked over to Wyatt, stopping in front, and lazily handed the book over.

"Just so you know, if anything bad happens to it, there will be trouble for both you and I, okay?"

Wyatt nodded. "Don't worry, I just want to have a look at it. I'm not going to leave with it. You're the expert in this." He spoke as he flicked through the pages that Rat owned.

"What I'll do I see speak to the second in command. See if I need a meeting with Eve or how to go about this and get back to you." He finally spoke, handing the book back over. "I think that is the best course of action, at least for now."

Rat took the book back and simply placed it on his bed. He had a clay explosive to make, and stopping in the middle messes with the effectiveness.

"Do what you will. As for me, I'll make a few more grenades. You never know how much we'll need."

Rat sat back down, and started mixing the gunpowder again. These clay bombs need to be prepared carefully, and took a bit of time, but they were just as useful as normal ones.

Wyatt nodded.

He stood there for a few moments, trying to decide if he should stay and watch or something before he nodded. "okay then, I'll come back later once I've spoken to someone regarding the explosives. I'll let you know. It might be a while as I need to go out scouting also. Those crates have been coming down a lot lately and I want to get a location on another one before anyone else."

He turned around. "See ya around, Rat. And if you see my brother, tell him I'm looking for him."

With that, Wyatt left Rat to sort out his explosives.

Preston finally arrived back at his room and looked for a pair of gloves. He was sure he had some. He was throwing his clothes around here and there desperately trying to find a pair of gloves. He had some, didn't he? Surely.

"What ya doin'?"

Preston jumped a mile, turning around to see his brother standing there. He hadn't even heard Wyatt enter. His brother was leaning against the doorway, arms crossed against his chest, looking just as intimidating as always. Wyatt was bigger than Preston. And scarier.

"Out." Was all he could respond, hoping no further questions were asked.

"To where? No Man's Land? By yourself?" Wyatt was almost laughing. His brother was weak, he wasn't scared of No Man's Land, but you didn't want Preston with you if you were jumped by a rival gang.

He frowned. "No... I'm going to help someone."

"That girl?"

"Maybe."

Wyatt grinned. "You know what? I need to go out too. Rat needs me to get stuff and I need him to help me find what I'm looking for. And so you can head out with this girl. We'll go as a group together."

Preston was horrified at the thought of his brother crashing his date, but it wasn't going to change anything now. Preston wasn't going to stop his brother now. He knew that already. Sighing he nodded. "Poppy will meet me here, once she's ready. Soon."

Wyatt grinned. "Great. I'll go tell Rat."

Wyatt disappeared out the room and went to where he'd left Rat, once again, for the second time that day just entering. "Hey, Rat. We're going to No Man's Land. I have Poppy and Preston. You're coming too. You can show me this stuff first time so I can go out next time alone for you." He told the boy. It didn't sound like he was been given a choice or being asked if he wanted to go.

"Hm?"

Rat was setting down the clay grenade from earlier. He hadn't expected to be needed for something in No Man's Land. It was definitely a place filled with the kind of resources that he'd need, but it wasn't exactly safe. The name itself was a warning that venturing into the area carries risk for anyone that decided to do it. In any case, he might as well. If Wyatt wanted to learn how to make explosives, or even find the materials, it would provide the kind of opportunity that would help immensely. There was just one question on his mind.

"The mind needs not know what the rest of the body is doing, but a controlled movement is much better than an instinctual one. Does Evelynn know?"

Poppy walks into the main entrance of the living quarters carrying a large green backpack holding an assortment of clay jars and individual bags. She had changed into a green and grey shirt with long sleeves that went down her arm almost covering her hands. On her hands are some grey gardening gloves. She also has on long white pants with multiple sewn-in pockets of different colors.

Back