Looking For Answers

TMITM

Megalomaniacal Arbiter
Disclaimer: I am totally respectful of people that choose to be a different gender than they were born with (if that is even how it works, I'm sorry) and LGBTQIA(?)+ people. That's fine with me. You can like whomever you wish or not like at all.

Okay, I need some things answered. Sometimes, my 1980s brain cannot understand and I need someone to help me.
Things that I am confused upon:
1) LGBTQIA????? What is IA? Why is it there? Isn't that what the plus is for???

2) BEAR? What is BEAR? Why is BEAR? Why does BEAR have a pride flag? Do people say: "I identify as BEAR,"???? Is it a furry thing? I'm almost scared to ask.

When I found out about this, I was genuinely in hysterics in front of my family and they were all laughing. My sister straight-up REFUSED to tell me what bear was, so now I'm scared.

please help

Last edited:
yeah little me which is part of lgbtq (yeah i say that one still) dont understand those either

The "I" stands for Intersex and the "A" stands for Asexual.

From what I understand, Intersex has to do with a diversity of physical characteristics that a person has that are typically described as masculine or feminine. Basically, these are people who have characteristics (attributed at birth) which are a combination of those typically separate.

Someone who is Asexual is someone who doesn't have desires with regards to sexual activity.

And a Bear is a large gay man. Like big, muscular and sometimes hairy.

As someone that's part of his community, I never knew those terms existed. I've never heard intersex or bear used before by anyone, so that's an eye-opener for me. Asexual I get, as I fall into that one, but the other two are new ones to me.

Back