Interest Check Looking For Storytellers

Silas

The Uncultivated
I'm looking for one or two experienced role-play creators to collaborate with on an idea of mine. I first started role-playing quite a long time ago, but if I’m being honest, I don’t have a lot of experience. I’ve never been a part of anything I would consider epic, and I’ve certainly never created my own game. That’s why I’d like to create this game with the help of someone who has been through the ropes.

Now that I’ve gotten my résumé out of the way, I’ll move on to my idea. I’m not expecting to have full creative control or anything like that, so this is more like the draft of an idea. There are some parts I will keep intentionally vague for now for purposes of not spoiling everything here and because they may change as we work together.

I would like to explore a post-apocalyptic setting that takes place in the real world (specifically in different parts of the United States). :emoji_earth_americas: The idea is that the world has been attacked by an unknown alien species. The people have suffered a single, sweeping attack that has wiped out a large fraction of the Earth’s population, rendered most modern technology inoperable, and made large governments moot.

This shouldn't be thought of as your typical alien invasion. :emoji_alien: People are aware of the general origin of the attack, but there doesn’t seem to be any armies occupying the planet and there certainly aren’t any alien overlords enslaving what is left of humanity… yet.

Before our main cast of characters starts learning more about their attackers, a lot of the drama should be coming from the dread of the unknown, when and if their attackers will return, and surviving their new environment and other dangers. I’m envisioning a diverse cast of people in terms of race, religion, sexual orientation, skills, etc. I really like the idea of the players collaborating with one another when creating their characters rather than doing so independently of another as seems to be the norm.

And that’s it for now. The idea is more fleshed out than what I’ve presented here, but not by much. For example, I have an idea as to the motivation behind the attack and the nature of the said attack. Overall, I am open to (and eager for) creative input.

Some sources of inspiration to better help you understand the setting and themes of my vision are The Stand and The Dark Tower by Stephen King, I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, and that hilariously cheesy John Carpenter movie, Escape From New York. Try not to judge me too harshly for that last one. It has its charm.

If you're simply interested in joining this role-play, thank you, and feel free to follow my profile for updates, but for now we're still a ways away from that. First, I need those one or two brave souls to help me get to that point where we can even start recruiting players. If you’re interested in helping, feel free to post any questions here and I’ll try not to be too overbearing. :emoji_vulcan:

Hello Silas,

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I really like this idea, especially your looking for more collaboration when making the characters. The plot outlined thus far and the inspirations are right down my alley. I'd like to tentatively put my hat in to help be one of those collaborators. I say tentatively because while I've been known to help others get their own RPs going, I do so because as someone owning an RP site, seeing others flex their creative muscles is what it's all about for me. By that same token, I'd prefer to see you find others rather than take a spot from other users myself.

So, in the event that you feel you are unable to find someone to help bring your vision to fruition, please let me know. I'd be happy to help you bring this creation about. To help with your search, I'll keep an eye out for users I know might be interested and could fit the bill. Do let me know if there's any questions or ideas you want to bounce around here. You can do so here, by messaging me directly, or even posting in our Writer's Circle to open up the discussion on whatever aspect of GM/DMing you want to discuss.

Hello Silas,

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I really like this idea, especially your looking for more collaboration when making the characters. The plot outlined thus far and the inspirations are right down my alley. I'd like to tentatively put my hat in to help be one of those collaborators. I say tentatively because while I've been known to help others get their own RPs going, I do so because as someone owning an RP site, seeing others flex their creative muscles is what it's all about for me. By that same token, I'd prefer to see you find others rather than take a spot from other users myself.

So, in the event that you feel you are unable to find someone to help bring your vision to fruition, please let me know. I'd be happy to help you bring this creation about. To help with your search, I'll keep an eye out for users I know might be interested and could fit the bill. Do let me know if there's any questions or ideas you want to bounce around here. You can do so here, by messaging me directly, or even posting in our Writer's Circle to open up the discussion on whatever aspect of GM/DMing you want to discuss.

I figured I would let this marinate for a while, but now that I have 60 views and only one bite, I figured maybe I should try to get the ball rolling on this. If you're still interested in helping, we can smash our skulls together and see what comes out.

Back