"An Earthquake," he answers Lucinia,
"I noticed!" she grumbled. "I'm just wondering why we're having an earthquake!" Lucinia couldn't recall any other earthquakes during the time she was here. If there had been, well, she must've been too zonked out on medication to notice. In any case, getting a safer spot was probably in her best interest. So she attempted to do just that, trying to stand again. Like her previous attempt, however, she stumbled about, and fell again—hitting her head on the corner of a table. She cursed and grabbed her head, a flicker of fear showing in her violet eyes. The last thing she wanted was another head injury. Receiving one was what had got her into this facility in the first place.

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom​

Turning to Hagusa as he assisted in keeping Elijah in his wheelchair, Clark gently scooted the man back towards his seat. "Keep him steady," he says to the youth. The journalist's balance was wobbly due to the violent shaking, making him sweat.

"An Earthquake," he answers Lucinia, clenching his teeth as he does his best to keep his balance. "A very violent one at that...Oh, God!" Clark gulped, fearing that this phenomenon was taking place throughout the Institute. His mind wandered to those who went off to find Doctor Staple; worry filling his thoughts.

@Ver @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @ActivityRoom

Hagusa gave Clark a nod, keeping a gentle hold on the elderly man while doing his best to keep his wheelchair steady until the supposed earthquake came to pass.

"I noticed!" she grumbled. "I'm just wondering why we're having an earthquake!" Lucinia couldn't recall any other earthquakes during the time she was here. If there had been, well, she must've been too zonked out on medication to notice. In any case, getting a safer spot was probably in her best interest. So she attempted to do just that, trying to stand again. Like her previous attempt, however, she stumbled about, and fell again—hitting her head on the corner of a table. She cursed and grabbed her head, a flicker of fear showing in her violet eyes. The last thing she wanted was another head injury. Receiving one was what had got her into this facility in the first place.

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom​

Wincing at the sound of Lucinia hitting the ground again, after hitting her head on the end of one of the tables.

"Careful! You okay?" Hagusa called to Lucinia in worry, his amber gaze landing on her briefly from where he was.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Josh @Lucky @York @Not a Writer @Activity Room

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Flynn stopped trying to expect things a long, long time ago - but no amount of healthy pessimism could have prepared him for this. As he left the activity room with the rest of his fellow 'patients,' not a word left Flynn's mouth. It was reminiscent of how he behaved when he first arrived at Raven Hill Memorial, and not much changed from that angle - Staple had managed to get him talking again, but only barely. Just the act of forcing words out of his throat hurt. Somehow, Elijah managed to get more out of him than Staple ever did.

And that's what kept Flynn's mind busy as he trod down the hallway in his fatigues after Peter - the mystery of Elijah. The doc always said that analytical puzzles were a good way for him to keep his mind focused - to contrast the simplistic patterns of thought that cultivated his delusion, or however she worded it. Elijah laid out a puzzle in himself like a maze on his skin, demanding that everyone around him solve the riddle. It must have had something to do with his whole delusion about being a supervillain.

Not the kind that burns a city to cinder, or renders whole masses of people into meat for the machine. He wasn't a - he wasn't one of those. No, he just fancied himself a mastermind. Toying with people like it was all some sick game. Flynn only barely believed his own parting words, that the old cripple was just a freak. There was something more beneath the surface, itching at his skin like a twitchy trigger finger, tempting him to squeeze and let loose to end this assault.

"Just a freak," Flynn muttered with a low, bitter growl in his voice, entwining his hands into a ball and scratching at his knuckles. "Just a freak, like everyone... else."

He blinked, and was staring into darkness. Though, this time, the darkness wasn't in his head, because everyone else was staring bug-eyed at the hallway, so that meant it had to be real. The marine untangled his hands and turned to look down at an awaiting blackness outlined in dull white walls, which reverberated with a distinct knocking sound at the far end of the hallway.

"This is- something doesn't feel right. Hold o--"
ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch

"What, you scared?" Erin said to Peter, sticking her tongue out before walking off into the dark hallway.

"It's just darkness!" she called out, "Nothing to be scared of!"

The others could make out her footsteps deep within the hallway, turning from a rhythmic walk to a thump... tha-thump... tha-thump... tha-thump...

Was she... skipping?​
Then, a rhythmic skipping sound came from the hallway - but that was from Erin, her back already vanishing into the black as she gingerly charged headlong into the fray. Some hidden instinct in Flynn forced him to jog after her, catching up to the girl and trying to grab her by the shoulder.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind?"

Beat. Flynn looked around the interior of the... mental hospital he was in, and shook his head with a frustrated sigh.

"Jus' - jus' let me go first, alright? This whole thing doesn't sit right with me, like all of this is just... a little too convenient," Flynn spoke, and did with such effort that he managed to sound coherent for once - like he was all there. He glanced over his shoulder at Peter and the rest of them, nodding his head down the hallway. "I think- I think we should stick together, and find Dr. Staple - now. Anyone got a light?"

Flynn didn't allow Erin any chance to protest as he quickly moved ahead of her with a steady fast-walk, moving as carefully as the darkness would allow. For now, he was relying more on sound than vision to carry him through, and he was making a steady path towards the sound of that knocking. It was the only lead they had so far, and he had to take the lead because every instinct told him to.

That's marine conditioning for you. My word - right or wrong.

@Ver @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Jeremi @Hallway

View attachment 10807

"That sounds lovely, Takara," Clark replies to the girl, as he was glad to have a change of subject. "It's good to have something to do when you're not occupied with work, school, or anything stressful." Pushing his glasses up against his face, the journalist clears his throat. "Before I was admitted here when I'm not pursuing a story for the Daily Planet, I love to read science fiction." He answers the green-haired girl's question, "I've been certainly a fan of it since I was a boy back in Smallville. I always read stories about alien civilizations, expeditions to cities underneath Earth's surface. Heck, had a chuckle reading Starship Troopers at its absurdity."

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @ActivityRoom
VbEC4Zd.png

Finding her gaze drawn by the boy who would acknowledge her, she would shrug. "Probably not, but I'm so close to leaving this place that I don't want to make any mistakes," she admitted. Lucinia was very careful these days. "Not like sir-laughs-a lot over there," she added, using her chin to gesture at Elijah. That guy was more whacked than any of them. Why would he choose now of all times to start speaking?

"It's not being around strangers that bothers me," Lucinia admitted, shrugging her shoulders. "I used to livestream in front of thousands of people every day. Like I said, I just don't want to make any mistakes when I'm so close to getting out of here." She sighed, leaning her cheek against the nub on her arm where her hand ordinarily would've been. When it came to the (heartwarming?) scene of Sylvia seeing her husband, the girl just rolled her eyes. She needed something, anything else to pay attention to so that she wouldn't have to watch this scene.

Sure, why not? This was one question she could answer. "Heh, you're looking at the number #1 e-sports athlete in the Tempest World Championships—three years running! Not to brag, but I was kind of a big deal," she said with a smirk. And, as far as she was concerned, Lucinia was still a big deal. The internet trolls who had canceled her online were just bogus idiots who didn't know a pro when they saw one.

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom
Eno Liberi
@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @Rwac96 @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @ActivityRoom

Eno felt put off at the thoughts Clark's own musings began to put in his head, but Takara soon gave an explanation that made the most sense to him, allowing him to return to a state of relative calm quickly.

"Y-... You're right. It has to have been a test. Once we graduate, I'm looking forwards to living a normal life again. A-Actually, I haven't even graduated High School now that I think about it. Me and Chloe used be classmates, if you could believe it!" He said, laughing a little nervously at that thought.

There was a pause as he glanced at Elijah's little 'prank' on Sylvia, seeming... Thoughtful again before he shuddered, deciding not to try his luck with Elijah's reaction to him handing over a cup of water.

Instead, he entertained the question of what they liked to do in their free time. His mind immediately drifted to that hobby of his.

"It hurts when I sing. Not that there's anything wrong with my throat, but... I always thought it had something to do with my delusions. So... I thought I'd practice. I... I've been getting better at it! And... I hope when we graduate, I can sing that song I always wanted to. It's... Russian, but, it's the first thing that came to mind, heh." Eno said.

He was surprisingly talkative now once the metaphorical ice had been broken, at least for the moment. Then, he turned back to Elijah, more cheerful than before.

"Hey, how about you? Got any plans when you graduate?" He asked.

Not that he expected an answer that didn't make some waves so to speak, but all of a sudden... He felt like he could take it better this time.
Icarus (Issac) Clark

Icarus wasn't sure what was about to happen next. This woman clearly believed that she knew, but he wasn't sure if that was true. Maybe she was right- but facial features were harder to read sometimes through the bandages. What else there was there to do? He listened as she approached him and placed a hand on his bandaged face. He shifted semi-uncomfortably.

As she spoke those words, there were flashes of memories, but there was a problem with them. Some of them were real and some of them were from his time as the other man, Ikaris or whatever he said nothing. " I feel like what you are saying is true- but it is...." How exactly could he finish that sentence without sounding like he was relapsing. Icarus realized he couldn't.

As her hand started to shake on his face, Icarus wasn't sure what she was going to do next.

"STOP- DON'T DO THAT," he shouted hoping that she would stop removing the bandages. But it was too late.

Icarus would look over at her and blinked twice. " Why did you do that?" He asked, wondering why she would to see his burn marks. Why did she do that?

Looking her in the eyes, he did recognize her....... somewhat. He looked mostly the same as before.... well except for the beard he had from being on the desert island.

@Josh @Activity Room
View attachment 10808

"Yeah... I guess you're right. Maybe it was just an orderly, or a security guard," Peter nodded as Erin suggested to just keep moving forward. However, that was the strange thing. There was a noted lack of other staff in the hallway, not a single other soul beyond the group. This would become even more pronounced when, no matter where Khada would look around, through any of the windowed doors or around the empty corners, there was no one there.

Before too long however, Peter shook his head, not wanting to be too distracted by a harmless voice, whatever it was. "Well, whatever. We shouldn't waste any time," he sighed, forcing himself to keep going. "If I remember the way correctly, I think we... take a left here," Peter went on, taking the group through a left turn toward another door which he would saunter through.

However, once everyone was on the other side of the door, what lie beyond was hardly the most inviting sight.

View attachment 10809

"... Huh."

The next hallway was much darker than the last, with hardly any functional lights to illuminate the way. Without any hesitation, Peter shook his head and turned around. "On second thought, maybe it was a right," he said in an almost deadpan manner, walking back toward the door they had just stepped through and attempting to open it... only to find that it was locked.

He pushed on the door's metal bar as hard as he could, but no matter what, it wouldn't budge, as though it were locked from the other side. With a look of alarm, he stepped back, unable to believe what was happening. "But that's... Did any of you...?" He could only ask the rest of the group, unable to even finish his question before a distant sound could be heard in the dark hall, that of a faint knocking sound.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Hallway

Elijah cared little for any offense Sylvia might have taken from his little practical joke, instead returning her knowing look with his own. "I'll let you know when there is a change," he simply said, before the woman's attention would be diverted by Isaac. With the man diverting even Clark's attention away from Elijah, the wheelchair bound man merely watched the exchange silently, having deliberately ignored Clark's question about whether or not he had been given something.

He almost let a surprise slip. That was how a villain's downfall always started.

Rrrmble rrmble rrrmble.

Before too long however, suddenly something strange began to happen. The entire room began to shake, subtly at first, and then violently in a matter of seconds. A rumbling sound preceded the shaking, and it would be clear in an instant what was happening; an earthquake, or so it felt, shaking up the place.

"H-Huh?! What the--?!" Fujiko gasped out, taken by surprise, even ending up falling out of her chair.

So violent was the quake that objects clattered and fell off their tables, and even Elijah looked uneasily as his wheelchair wobbled unsteadily, the man coming close to falling out of his seat too. But unlike Fujiko, one could imagine it wouldn't end so well if he ended up falling out.

The real kicker was that, while everyone in the Activity Room would have no way of knowing this, the other group in the Hallway wouldn't be having this issue at all.

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Activity Room
"Yeah that makes sense." Hagusa replied, scratching the back of his head before listening as Lucinia brought up that she was an e-sports athlete, impressed.

The boy himself wasn't extremely big on video games, like his brother, but it was still an interesting thing to hear.

Hagusa's attention turned to Takara as she spoke, perking at the mention of her sister and the business she owned with some interest. With the moment between Sylvia and Isaac going on, he was a bit glad for the distraction from their moment. Isaac yelling at Sylvia had caused the boy to flinch slightly, but after taking a second to calm down and assure himself that things were okay, he'd finish his water and answer Takara's question.

"I used to read up on Capybaras, thought they were pretty neat. Plus I had a small interest in history too." Hagusa replied. Mizuchi had never had an interest in history.

"I'm not as interested in those things now though." He added with a shrug. His interest was still there, just not as much as before coming to this place.

Before Hagusa could say anything else to either Takara or Lucinia, the very ground began to shake and rumble as if an earthquake had hit. Caught off guard, Hagusa dropped his cup and yelped in surprise as he struggled to stay upright, before his gaze snapped to Elijah.

As much as he didn't really like the old man, he doubt that falling would feel nice for him. So, Hagusa attempted to at least stop the man's wheelchair from wobbling so much, even as Clark moved to gently keep the man from falling out of it and onto the floor.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Lucky @Josh @York @Neko Shogun @Activity Room

OcLvyVh.png

Seeing sympathy on the journalist's face, the girl would narrow her eyes. The ex-gaming pro still didn't really know how to handle when someone felt sorry for her injury. Lucinia wished people wouldn't comment on it, but at the same time knew it was impossible to ignore. "You don't need to say you're sorry. It's not like you did this to me," she mumbled, curling her lips into a frown. The only one she wanted an apology from at this point was her own mother for putting her in this place.

Hearing the man call her passionate, the bluenette shrugged. "Maybe, but sometimes passion isn't enough. Sometimes the world decides to screw you over regardless of how passionate and skilled you are at something." If the world was a kinder place, she wouldn't be here anymore. She'd be home, still doing what she loved with her supportive fans watching. She had a feeling that stage of her life was was over for good.

"Yeah, it does make sense. It's probably the only thing that makes sense in this place," she said to Hagusa. Not a lot of things made sense in a mental institution. Being around all of these other weirdos--especially the ones like Mr. Glass--made her feel like she was just a hair away from truly going crazy. Continuing to listen to Hagusa for a moment longer, she found herself chuckling. "What the hell is a Capybara? Never heard of such a thing."

Before she could attain a proper answer from him, however, the room began to quake. The vibrations started off small, before rapidly feeling as if someone were using a jackhammer against the floor. Instead of easily taking cover, the girl collapsed. Her balance was already off thanks to her missing hand, so a situation like this was a nightmare for her. "Ouch! Ugh, I can't... stand up! What in the world is going on?"

@Ver @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom
Turning to Hagusa as he assisted in keeping Elijah in his wheelchair, Clark gently scooted the man back towards his seat. "Keep him steady," he says to the youth. The journalist's balance was wobbly due to the violent shaking, making him sweat.

"An Earthquake," he answers Lucinia, clenching his teeth as he does his best to keep his balance. "A very violent one at that...Oh, God!" Clark gulped, fearing that this phenomenon was taking place throughout the Institute. His mind wandered to those who went off to find Doctor Staple; worry filling his thoughts.

@Ver @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @ActivityRoom
"It really was," she admitted to Clark with a smile. "And I agree. It's been years and years since I've had to worry about school, of course, but when I'm not tending my flowershop, I usually just like to read or spend time with my sister." Their situation was definitely abnormal, with Fumika actually living with her rather than choosing to stay with their parents, but Takara wouldn't have had it any other way. "Science fiction though, huh? Definitely a good choice, if you ask me. History, too," she appraised both Clark and Hagusa, wearing the same gentle expression as before. Though her smile broadened slightly at the latter's mention of his other interest, her emerald eyes sparkling with joy. "Capybaras, hm? You've certainly got impressive tastes for someone your age. Did you live abroad, or was it just a random interest? Ah, and I'm sorry to hear your hobby is painful to you, Eno... I'm sure someday, you'll blow everyone away with a positively beautiful song."

Loathe as she was to admit it aloud, though, she couldn't say as much about Lucinia's interests. She blinked slowly, looking at the blue haired teen and trying not to let how stupefied she was show through. She... knew so, so little about video games. But she tried her best to pretend to be informed regardless, following the others leads and the prestigious sound of her words. "Yeah, that's really neat! I'm sure you're very proud of yourself for that kind of achievement." But as much as she'd love to try to learn more about the young girl and the other present company, and to continue trying to put them at ease, Takara quickly found that opportunity stolen from her by the violent shaking of the room.

Shit! she internally cursed, her eyes going wide as she flew to her feet, doing her best to stay there. "Clark's right! Get down, under the nearest firm piece of furniture you can find!" she called to the others, hoping they'd seek shelter swiftly. At least they were in a room with tables and the like, but she wasn't sure how sturdy they'd be. She also wasn't sure why it felt like she'd dealt with earthquakes before. But she disregarded that strange sense of deja vu regarding this manner of catastrophe and the odd calmness that came with it, instead leaping into action and going to help Clark and Hagusa with Elijah. Sure, the guy had caused some problems, but she vividly remembered the doctor's explanation of his condition. She had no ill will or wishes toward him, and she certainly didn't want the man to fall and die. She didn't want anyone here to be hurt.

In fact, that was all she wanted. She wanted it so badly it was almost suffocating. The darker part of her mind was practically recoiling at the experience, outright disgusted by the idea that something so simplistic as an earthquake might pose a threat to her or the civilians in her vicinity. It was infuriating. And more than that, that forcibly internalized egotism was making Takara feel like her head was going to explode. She... hated it. She hated this feeling. Hated this earthquake. Hated this powerlessness. And she wanted it to stop.

Maybe, if she was as powerful as Elijah believed her to be, it would.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @Stayingbackgroup​

Hagusa gave Clark a nod, keeping a gentle hold on the elderly man while doing his best to keep his wheelchair steady until the supposed earthquake came to pass.

"During our whole time in here," he says, as he does his best to keep the man in his wheelchair. "no Earthquakes, and now one like this occurs?" Clark clenches his teeth as he ponders on this more, his time in the Institute seems to be drawing a blank; which made things more frustrating for the journalist. "Ugh, why now? On the day we're supposed to leave?! C-Could it be bad luck? A coincidence?!"

Then, his mind goes somewhere else once more; but not the familiar places of Metropolis or Smallville. No, it was somewhere dark; more specifically, a place shrouded in shadows.

"A coincidence, Clark," said a male voice, as if he had offended him somehow. "No, there's a connection."

View attachment 10813

The man speaking to him was dressed in what Clark can only describe as a bat. It looked similar to the Superman attire in his delusion, but the man he imagined himself to be had inspired the people. This man, however, seems to be more of a fearful type. "I don't believe in coincidences, and with your history with Luthor, neither should you."

Shaking his head, snapping himself back to the situation at hand. The journalist was panting heavily, as he seemed to have another image flash of someone else from this Superman's life. He talked to him as if he was someone he worked with. His brows crease in concern, looking around the violently shaking room.

"Why," he asks himself, "why is all of this happening?"

@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @ActivityRoom

"During our whole time in here," he says, as he does his best to keep the man in his wheelchair. "no Earthquakes, and now one like this occurs?" Clark clenches his teeth as he ponders on this more, his time in the Institute seems to be drawing a blank; which made things more frustrating for the journalist. "Ugh, why now? On the day we're supposed to leave?! C-Could it be bad luck? A coincidence?!"

Then, his mind goes somewhere else once more; but not the familiar places of Metropolis or Smallville. No, it was somewhere dark; more specifically, a place shrouded in shadows.

"A coincidence, Clark," said a male voice, as if he had offended him somehow. "No, there's a connection."

View attachment 10813

The man speaking to him was dressed in what Clark can only describe as a bat. It looked similar to the Superman attire in his delusion, but the man he imagined himself to be had inspired the people. This man, however, seems to be more of a fearful type. "I don't believe in coincidences, and with your history with Luthor, neither should you."

Shaking his head, snapping himself back to the situation at hand. The journalist was panting heavily, as he seemed to have another image flash of someone else from this Superman's life. He talked to him as if he was someone he worked with. His brows crease in concern, looking around the violently shaking room.

@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @ActivityRoom

"Dunno. I've never been the lucky sort, not really, so bad luck wouldn't surprise me, but right now panicking won't help." Hagusa replied. He was doing his best not to panic himself.

The superstitious sort would of chocked the earthquake up to whatever God or gods they believed in, as they do during natural disasters and the like. Floods, earthquakes, plagues. Death and destruction. Claiming it was due to angering a god or whatnot.

"It really was," she admitted to Clark with a smile. "And I agree. It's been years and years since I've had to worry about school, of course, but when I'm not tending my flowershop, I usually just like to read or spend time with my sister." Their situation was definitely abnormal, with Fumika actually living with her rather than choosing to stay with their parents, but Takara wouldn't have had it any other way. "Science fiction though, huh? Definitely a good choice, if you ask me. History, too," she appraised both Clark and Hagusa, wearing the same gentle expression as before. Though her smile broadened slightly at the latter's mention of his other interest, her emerald eyes sparkling with joy. "Capybaras, hm? You've certainly got impressive tastes for someone your age. Did you live abroad, or was it just a random interest? Ah, and I'm sorry to hear your hobby is painful to you, Eno... I'm sure someday, you'll blow everyone away with a positively beautiful song."

Loathe as she was to admit it aloud, though, she couldn't say as much about Lucinia's interests. She blinked slowly, looking at the blue haired teen and trying not to let how stupefied she was show through. She... knew so, so little about video games. But she tried her best to pretend to be informed regardless, following the others leads and the prestigious sound of her words. "Yeah, that's really neat! I'm sure you're very proud of yourself for that kind of achievement." But as much as she'd love to try to learn more about the young girl and the other present company, and to continue trying to put them at ease, Takara quickly found that opportunity stolen from her by the violent shaking of the room.

Shit! she internally cursed, her eyes going wide as she flew to her feet, doing her best to stay there. "Clark's right! Get down, under the nearest firm piece of furniture you can find!" she called to the others, hoping they'd seek shelter swiftly. At least they were in a room with tables and the like, but she wasn't sure how sturdy they'd be. She also wasn't sure why it felt like she'd dealt with earthquakes before. But she disregarded that strange sense of deja vu regarding this manner of catastrophe and the odd calmness that came with it, instead leaping into action and going to help Clark and Hagusa with Elijah. Sure, the guy had caused some problems, but she vividly remembered the doctor's explanation of his condition. She had no ill will or wishes toward him, and she certainly didn't want the man to fall and die. She didn't want anyone here to be hurt.

In fact, that was all she wanted. She wanted it so badly it was almost suffocating. The darker part of her mind was practically recoiling at the experience, outright disgusted by the idea that something so simplistic as an earthquake might pose a threat to her or the civilians in her vicinity. It was infuriating. And more than that, that forcibly internalized egotism was making Takara feel like her head was going to explode. She... hated it. She hated this feeling. Hated this earthquake. Hated this powerlessness. And she wanted it to stop.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Yun Lee @Takumi @Josh @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @Stayingbackgroup​

With Takara instructing them to get under a sturdy surface, he glanced at the few tables in the room, and with Elijah's condition they'd have to be very careful if they moved him from his chair to the ground. Even so, he continued to try and keep the wheelchair steady as well as help Clark keep the man in it steady as well.

@Ver @Not a Writer @Rwac96 @York @Josh @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Activity Room

"Dunno. I've never been the lucky sort, not really, so bad luck wouldn't surprise me, but right now panicking won't help." Hagusa replied. He was doing his best not to panic himself.

The superstitious sort would of chocked the earthquake up to whatever God or gods they believed in, as they do during natural disasters and the like. Floods, earthquakes, plagues. Death and destruction. Claiming it was due to angering a god or whatnot.

With Takara instructing them to get under a sturdy surface, he glanced at the few tables in the room, and with Elijah's condition they'd have to be very careful if they moved him from his chair to the ground. Even so, he continued to try and keep the wheelchair steady as well as help Clark keep the man in it steady as well.

@Ver @Not a Writer @Rwac96 @York @Josh @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Activity Room
Forcing Issac to follow her lead, Sylvia crawled towards the rest of the group. Her arms scarped and scuffed as she forced a smile on her face.
View attachment 10814
"Hello! It's good to see none of you dead! I know Mr. Kent, but I don't think I talked to either of you four! I'm Sylvia! That's Issac. We're married, but he doesn't remember. Right now, however, is not the time for small talk.

Pushing closer, her British accent rang again.

"Everyone, push in close! Let's make a protective ring! Strong people on top, move the weaker ones of us towards the middle, that means Elijah. We're only going to survive this together."

@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Rwac96 @York @Josh @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Activity Room

Turning his head to Hagusa, he nods his head quickly. "Right," Clark takes a deep breath, "you're right." Furrowing his brows in determination, his blue eyes shift down to Sylvia crawling, making Issac follow her. Though this made him blink, he thinks back to whenever Lois brought him along on the more dangerous assignments for the Daily Planet.

"Hello! It's good to see none of you dead! I know Mr. Kent, but I don't think I talked to either of you four! I'm Sylvia! That's Issac. We're married, but he doesn't remember. Right now, however, is not the time for small talk.

View attachment 10815

"We can all agree on that," he says to Sylvia, gesturing to the rumbling room.

"Everyone, push in close! Let's make a protective ring! Strong people on top, move the weaker ones of us towards the middle, that means Elijah. We're only going to survive this together."

"You heard her everyone!" Clark shouts to those present, beginning to move closer to the couple. He turns his head to Hagusa, nodding his head to Elijah and pointing to the middle. "Form a ring!" The man's tone changed, from a mild-mannered reporter from a small town in Kansas to a man who was determined to save others. Though he wasn't invulnerable like Superman, his demeanor at the moment gave him a similar vibe. "Now!"

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Crunch @Hallway

"Mmm…"

There was some ambiguity in her initial response to his outburst. Would she call out that he was very clearly affected by Elijah's statement? Would she go ahead anyways?

"Okay! At least someone's not afraid of the dark!"

Honestly? Erin was touched by Flynn’s concern. Felt like affection, at least what Erin thought was affection. Not like she's ever felt it before.

So she just followed Flynn, a hop in her step. She turned and looked at Khadia, Michelle, Morgan, and Peter, beckoning them to follow before fully following Flynn.​

It took Chloe a bit to remember something. Oh right, she was supposed to graduate high school a couple of months back. It was obvious to say that she would be held back and needing to retake her senior year before officially graduating. She felt completely dumb over forgetting one of her classmates, and then realizing that Eno had gone through a similar bout of delusions like her.

Still nervous, she managed to put up a smile and about to say something to her classmate until...

... an earthquake supposedly started to take place.

Panic immediately replaced the awkward tension weighing her down. Knowing that she was going to fall over by staying on her chair in a time like this, Chloe immediately got on the ground and started to make her way towards the protective ring the others were trying to form. Usually by now, a usual earthquake would've calmed down after a minute or so passed. It felt like it wasn't going to stop, almost like... almost like...

[ Incoming fire! ... Everyone... get down!... We're... under... attack! ]

No, she couldn't think like that right now. Shaking her head to dismiss the intrusive instincts, Chloe hastily crawled over to the others, looking around the activity room to see if anyone needed assistance.

@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom

"Khada" Jhin - Hallway
@Ver @Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Hallway

[No,] Michelle signed. [I didn't.] Frustration was etched on her face. She didn't want to use the tablet unless she really needed to. Especially now if there was something else in this place. "I thought this place was supposed to be prestige," Came the text to voice from her tablet. "That's why I was sent here anyway."

@Ver @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Hallway

[You're right, it was. I was never a fan of it,] Khada replied with rather exaggerated movements, [But it appears that even Raven Hill Memorial has something to hide. Aren't you curious?]
Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Flynn stopped trying to expect things a long, long time ago - but no amount of healthy pessimism could have prepared him for this. As he left the activity room with the rest of his fellow 'patients,' not a word left Flynn's mouth. It was reminiscent of how he behaved when he first arrived at Raven Hill Memorial, and not much changed from that angle - Staple had managed to get him talking again, but only barely. Just the act of forcing words out of his throat hurt. Somehow, Elijah managed to get more out of him than Staple ever did.

And that's what kept Flynn's mind busy as he trod down the hallway in his fatigues after Peter - the mystery of Elijah. The doc always said that analytical puzzles were a good way for him to keep his mind focused - to contrast the simplistic patterns of thought that cultivated his delusion, or however she worded it. Elijah laid out a puzzle in himself like a maze on his skin, demanding that everyone around him solve the riddle. It must have had something to do with his whole delusion about being a supervillain.

Not the kind that burns a city to cinder, or renders whole masses of people into meat for the machine. He wasn't a - he wasn't one of those. No, he just fancied himself a mastermind. Toying with people like it was all some sick game. Flynn only barely believed his own parting words, that the old cripple was just a freak. There was something more beneath the surface, itching at his skin like a twitchy trigger finger, tempting him to squeeze and let loose to end this assault.

"Just a freak," Flynn muttered with a low, bitter growl in his voice, entwining his hands into a ball and scratching at his knuckles. "Just a freak, like everyone... else."

He blinked, and was staring into darkness. Though, this time, the darkness wasn't in his head, because everyone else was staring bug-eyed at the hallway, so that meant it had to be real. The marine untangled his hands and turned to look down at an awaiting blackness outlined in dull white walls, which reverberated with a distinct knocking sound at the far end of the hallway.

"This is- something doesn't feel right. Hold o--"

Then, a rhythmic skipping sound came from the hallway - but that was from Erin, her back already vanishing into the black as she gingerly charged headlong into the fray. Some hidden instinct in Flynn forced him to jog after her, catching up to the girl and trying to grab her by the shoulder.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind?"

Beat. Flynn looked around the interior of the... mental hospital he was in, and shook his head with a frustrated sigh.

"Jus' - jus' let me go first, alright? This whole thing doesn't sit right with me, like all of this is just... a little too convenient," Flynn spoke, and did with such effort that he managed to sound coherent for once - like he was all there. He glanced over his shoulder at Peter and the rest of them, nodding his head down the hallway. "I think- I think we should stick together, and find Dr. Staple - now. Anyone got a light?"

Flynn didn't allow Erin any chance to protest as he quickly moved ahead of her with a steady fast-walk, moving as carefully as the darkness would allow. For now, he was relying more on sound than vision to carry him through, and he was making a steady path towards the sound of that knocking. It was the only lead they had so far, and he had to take the lead because every instinct told him to.

That's marine conditioning for you. My word - right or wrong.

@Ver @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Jeremi @Hallway
ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Crunch @Hallway

"Mmm…"

There was some ambiguity in her initial response to his outburst. Would she call out that he was very clearly affected by Elijah's statement? Would she go ahead anyways?

"Okay! At least someone's not afraid of the dark!"

Honestly? Erin was touched by Flynn’s concern. Felt like affection, at least what Erin thought was affection. Not like she's ever felt it before.

So she just followed Flynn, a hop in her step. She turned and looked at Khada, Michelle, Morgan, and Peter, beckoning them to follow before fully following Flynn.​
Khada quickly followed the two, eager to get a front row seat as to what would happen next. "The dark may be frightening, but isn't that what makes it so captivating?" the virtuoso mused to Erin, putting his hands behind his back as he walked, "I prefer to cherish moments like these -- they are far and few between."

He glanced in Flynn's direction. "But to see the hero's journey unfold before my eyes? I can't miss that either."

Lucinia's answer made his brows raise, as he uses the Internet in his journalistic endeavors, and saved old photos. Clark nods his head in understanding, "Of course," the reporter said in agreement. "so close to the end, and no one can't afford any stumbles or slips."

"Interesting," he scratches at the top of his head, as he rarely understood e-sports; as he played some football back in his childhood. Though, he worked on a few sports articles with a colleague, Steve Lombard. "You must've worked very hard to get to that point."

@Ver @Neko Shogun @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @ActivityRoom
Icarus (Issac) Clark

Icarus wasn't sure what was about to happen next. This woman clearly believed that she knew, but he wasn't sure if that was true. Maybe she was right- but facial features were harder to read sometimes through the bandages. What else there was there to do? He listened as she approached him and placed a hand on his bandaged face. He shifted semi-uncomfortably.

As she spoke those words, there were flashes of memories, but there was a problem with them. Some of them were real and some of them were from his time as the other man, Ikaris or whatever he said nothing. " I feel like what you are saying is true- but it is...." How exactly could he finish that sentence without sounding like he was relapsing. Icarus realized he couldn't.

As her hand started to shake on his face, Icarus wasn't sure what she was going to do next.

"STOP- DON'T DO THAT," he shouted hoping that she would stop removing the bandages. But it was too late.

Icarus would look over at her and blinked twice. " Why did you do that?" He asked, wondering why she would to see his burn marks. Why did she do that?

Looking her in the eyes, he did recognize her....... somewhat. He looked mostly the same as before.... well except for the beard he had from being on the desert island.

@Josh @Activity Room
"I'm sorry. I just have to know."
View attachment 10810
Ripping the bandages off may not have been the best idea, but Sylvia was desperate. As Issaac shouted at the women, she reeled backwards. The two never yelled at each other. Their marriage wasn't perfect, but who's marriage is? The two never got heated with each, however. This was new.
View attachment 10811
"I just needed to see your face, Issaac. I don't' care what you look like. I'll love you no matter what."

Sylvia leaned in, and she was shocked. He wasn't burned. at least at first look. However, Sylvia's nose twitched. Issacc had a beard. While she did like beards, Issaac never had a beard face. She couldn't help but laugh loudly.

"I'm sorry, Issaac. I missed you so much, and I love you. So don't take this the wrong way; I'm not trying to be mean, but that beard is dreadful. It looks like you have a small cat on your face!"

More giggling as she laid her head into his chest. Sylvia looked up into her husband's eyes, her eyes still crying

"God, I missed you. You just left. I didn't sleep for weeks. I thought I did something wrong, like I wasn't good enough for you. But you don't remember me, do you?"

@Rwac96 @Ver @Neko Shogun @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Takumi @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @ActivityRoom
"Yeah, I can't afford even a single slip-up more. I've made too many already," murmured the gamer, violet eyes flicking to her disabled arm. Missing a hand royally sucked. She had a feeling that her championship e-sports days were done for now that this injury was a part of her life. And to think, she had thought getting canceled was the worst of her problems before the accident.

Straightening up in her chair and displaying pride, the bluenette nodded at the journalist. "I did work hard! It takes a lot of skill, reflex, and practice to become a national e-sports pro, I'll have you know. Almost harder than, well, staying here at this place." Lucinia definitely wasn't a fan of the mental hospital life.

Icarus (Issac) Clark

Icarus wasn't sure what to say to that. There was a moment of quiet.

Ripping the bandages off may not have been the best idea, but Sylvia was desperate. As Issac shouted at the women, she reeled backwards. The two never yelled at each other. Their marriage wasn't perfect, but who's marriage is? The two never got heated with each, however. This was new.

But yet, there was something else to be said about the fact that she was desperate. He could see it in her eyes. Boy, this room was a lot more dreary when it was seen in person. But yet- this wasn't something that could be said about what happened next. She seemed so sad, like someone had punched her.

It was weird for someone to need to see something as simple as his face. There was also something to be said about loving him no matter what.

He had learned to catch on to micro expressions when he had been behind the bandages. God, the room was a lot louder than he thought but he noticed the way her nose twitch and there was a pause as she laughed. Icarus didn't understand.

Icarus would look over at her and raised an eyebrow and there was a certain dryness to his reponse. " I'm sorry that the beard I got after being crash landed on a desert island is dreadful. I'll make a comment to the barbers there. Burns mean I haven't actually seen myself ...... well, in a bit."

Icarus would take a deep breath as he wasn't sure if he was going to be much of a help and then he paused as she spoke the next words. A flash- a moment, words on a paper on the table next to the window.

"I don't remember you..... but I do remember something else. If I am who you say I am to you, I wrote a note before I left on my trailer. There was a note on the table next to the window." He believed the words he said as well it would seem.

@Josh

Blue eyes shift to her disabled arm, making the journalist's brows crease. "Oh, dear," Clark mutters lowly, moving his gaze back directly to Lucinia's eyes. "I'm...I am sorry."

Clearing his throat, "You know, it sounds like you're passionate about what you do. Also, believe me," he gestures to those present in the Activity Room. "most of us," he gives a side-glance to Elijah, "prefer to be outside the Institute at this."

@Ver @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Not a Writer @Josh @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @ActivityRoom
Elijah cared little for any offense Sylvia might have taken from his little practical joke, instead returning her knowing look with his own. "I'll let you know when there is a change," he simply said, before the woman's attention would be diverted by Isaac. With the man diverting even Clark's attention away from Elijah, the wheelchair bound man merely watched the exchange silently, having deliberately ignored Clark's question about whether or not he had been given something.

He almost let a surprise slip. That was how a villain's downfall always started.

Rrrmble rrmble rrrmble.

Before too long however, suddenly something strange began to happen. The entire room began to shake, subtly at first, and then violently in a matter of seconds. A rumbling sound preceded the shaking, and it would be clear in an instant what was happening; an earthquake, or so it felt, shaking up the place.

"H-Huh?! What the--?!" Fujiko gasped out, taken by surprise, even ending up falling out of her chair.

So violent was the quake that objects clattered and fell off their tables, and even Elijah looked uneasily as his wheelchair wobbled unsteadily, the man coming close to falling out of his seat too. But unlike Fujiko, one could imagine it wouldn't end so well if he ended up falling out.

The real kicker was that, while everyone in the Activity Room would have no way of knowing this, the other group in the Hallway wouldn't be having this issue at all.

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Activity Room
"The note on the table near the window?" Issac, what do you me-"

It Sylvia like a bolt of electricity.

"Oh my god, you let me a note where you were going, didn't you? I woke up so groggy that morning. I-I-I must have thrown it away. I just, God! I feel conflicted. "

The room started to shake. Grabbing Issac, Slyvia dragged, or tried to frag Issac under a nearby table with the rest of the group.
@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Not a Writer @Ver @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Activity Room

The Activity Room began to shake, subtly at first. This made Clark blink twice at this occurrence but finds himself fighting to maintain balance as the room shakes violently. Grimacing at the realization that an Earthquake was taking place, alarms rang in his mind. Something that urged him to act, not just self-preservation but the well-being and agency of others.

His brows raised as he turned his attention to the man who was casting doubt upon them, who was now in danger. Sure, Clark would fall over and bust his glasses. But unlike the others in the violently shaking room, it wouldn't end too well for Elijah. In an instant, he moves towards the wheelchair-bound man; despite the trouble, he caused earlier.

"I got you," Clark says as he quickly but gently catches him before he wobbled out of his chair. The reporter gulps, remembering Staple's warning of his condition. The man who was preventing Elijah from falling seemed to be acting as if he was this Superman he imagined, even if he himself could get hurt. "Everyone! Take cover!!"

@Ver @Yun Lee @Josh @Not a Writer @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @ActivityRoom
"Yeah that makes sense." Hagusa replied, scratching the back of his head before listening as Lucinia brought up that she was an e-sports athlete, impressed.

The boy himself wasn't extremely big on video games, like his brother, but it was still an interesting thing to hear.

Hagusa's attention turned to Takara as she spoke, perking at the mention of her sister and the business she owned with some interest. With the moment between Sylvia and Isaac going on, he was a bit glad for the distraction from their moment. Isaac yelling at Sylvia had caused the boy to flinch slightly, but after taking a second to calm down and assure himself that things were okay, he'd finish his water and answer Takara's question.

"I used to read up on Capybaras, thought they were pretty neat. Plus I had a small interest in history too." Hagusa replied. Mizuchi had never had an interest in history.

"I'm not as interested in those things now though." He added with a shrug. His interest was still there, just not as much as before coming to this place.

Before Hagusa could say anything else to either Takara or Lucinia, the very ground began to shake and rumble as if an earthquake had hit. Caught off guard, Hagusa dropped his cup and yelped in surprise as he struggled to stay upright, before his gaze snapped to Elijah.

As much as he didn't really like the old man, he doubt that falling would feel nice for him. So, Hagusa attempted to at least stop the man's wheelchair from wobbling so much, even as Clark moved to gently keep the man from falling out of it and onto the floor.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Not a Writer @Yun Lee @Lucky @Josh @York @Neko Shogun @Activity Room

OcLvyVh.png

Seeing sympathy on the journalist's face, the girl would narrow her eyes. The ex-gaming pro still didn't really know how to handle when someone felt sorry for her injury. Lucinia wished people wouldn't comment on it, but at the same time knew it was impossible to ignore. "You don't need to say you're sorry. It's not like you did this to me," she mumbled, curling her lips into a frown. The only one she wanted an apology from at this point was her own mother for putting her in this place.

Hearing the man call her passionate, the bluenette shrugged. "Maybe, but sometimes passion isn't enough. Sometimes the world decides to screw you over regardless of how passionate and skilled you are at something." If the world was a kinder place, she wouldn't be here anymore. She'd be home, still doing what she loved with her supportive fans watching. She had a feeling that stage of her life was was over for good.

"Yeah, it does make sense. It's probably the only thing that makes sense in this place," she said to Hagusa. Not a lot of things made sense in a mental institution. Being around all of these other weirdos--especially the ones like Mr. Glass--made her feel like she was just a hair away from truly going crazy. Continuing to listen to Hagusa for a moment longer, she found herself chuckling. "What the hell is a Capybara? Never heard of such a thing."

Before she could attain a proper answer from him, however, the room began to quake. The vibrations started off small, before rapidly feeling as if someone were using a jackhammer against the floor. Instead of easily taking cover, the girl collapsed. Her balance was already off thanks to her missing hand, so a situation like this was a nightmare for her. "Ouch! Ugh, I can't... stand up! What in the world is going on?"

Wincing at the sound of Lucinia hitting the ground again, after hitting her head on the end of one of the tables.

"Careful! You okay?" Hagusa called to Lucinia in worry, his amber gaze landing on her briefly from where he was.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Josh @Lucky @York @Not a Writer @Activity Room

View attachment 10813

Forcing Issac to follow her lead, Sylvia crawled towards the rest of the group. Her arms scarped and scuffed as she forced a smile on her face.
View attachment 10814

Pushing closer, her British accent rang again.

@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Rwac96 @York @Josh @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Activity Room

Turning his head to Hagusa, he nods his head quickly. "Right," Clark takes a deep breath, "you're right." Furrowing his brows in determination, his blue eyes shift down to Sylvia crawling, making Issac follow her. Though this made him blink, he thinks back to whenever Lois brought him along on the more dangerous assignments for the Daily Planet.

View attachment 10815

"We can all agree on that," he says to Sylvia, gesturing to the rumbling room.

"You heard her everyone!" Clark shouts to those present, beginning to move closer to the couple. He turns his head to Hagusa, nodding his head to Elijah and pointing to the middle. "Form a ring!" The man's tone changed, from a mild-mannered reporter from a small town in Kansas to a man who was determined to save others. Though he wasn't invulnerable like Superman, his demeanor at the moment gave him a similar vibe. "Now!"

It took Chloe a bit to remember something. Oh right, she was supposed to graduate high school a couple of months back. It was obvious to say that she would be held back and needing to retake her senior year before officially graduating. She felt completely dumb over forgetting one of her classmates, and then realizing that Eno had gone through a similar bout of delusions like her.

Still nervous, she managed to put up a smile and about to say something to her classmate until...

... an earthquake supposedly started to take place.

Panic immediately replaced the awkward tension weighing her down. Knowing that she was going to fall over by staying on her chair in a time like this, Chloe immediately got on the ground and started to make her way towards the protective ring the others were trying to form. Usually by now, a usual earthquake would've calmed down after a minute or so passed. It felt like it wasn't going to stop, almost like... almost like...

[ Incoming fire! ... Everyone... get down!... We're... under... attack! ]

No, she couldn't think like that right now. Shaking her head to dismiss the intrusive instincts, Chloe hastily crawled over to the others, looking around the activity room to see if anyone needed assistance.

@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom
Eno Liberi
@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Lucky @Rwac96 @ActivityRoom

That rumbling... For a moment, Eno was frozen in place, the very sensation causing a distinct part of that repeating nightmare he had to emerge from the depths of his psyche. He couldn't hear that well, nor could he see, but he could feel that others were surrounding him. His 'herd'.

Not just that, but... As he felt pain radiating from all around him, he had a feeling his 'herd' was in danger. Though... What was... Danger anymore? What was... Fear?

All he wanted to do was sing, right?

And so he tried.

His throat ached at first, and he recalled the sensation of something being shoved down it many years ago, and all he could let out were these violent, grotesque coughs.

And then... As all those sensations became too much for him, his voice finally came through.

And just as that haunting melody began to emanate from his mouth, he snapped out of his stupor, remembering where he was. The singing wasn't real. All of that... It had to be a nightmare, right?

As he heard the calls to form a circle, he forced his body into motion, seeing Chloe begin to crawl towards the others, he got down on his knees and did the same, moving towards the center of the circle that was forming, grasping Chloe by the hand as he did so, hoping to be there in case Elijah were to fall again.

"We'll make it... For sure. We'll all graduate, alive!"

He half muttered his declaration, both in an attempt to comfort those around him, and soothe that sharp pain that had returned to his throat.

Focusing on their graduation seemed to work, for now.​

[Curious? A bit,] Michelle signed back to Khada. [But I wasn't sent here to be curious. I was sent here because I think, thought, I was a god of speed.] She looked into the darkness with an uneasy look as some of the others ran off before them. [Well I suppose I'm in luck. If someone or something is lurking there. I'll at least be able to run to safety.]

Even so, she followed closely next to Khada further into the darkness. Michelle was no coward after all. What was there to be scared of anyway? Some scary old asylum?

Actually, that was probably the setting of a lot of horror movies, but that was fake and not real life. The worst thing they'd find here was an angry orderly asking them why they were walking around without any supervision. [Consider a boon from Hermes then for any would-be heroes!] Michelle joked as she went along.

@Ver @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Hallway

View attachment 10819

"If someone's trying to give us a show, then remind me to give them a one-star review," Peter said in response to Khada's initial remark as they entered the noticeably darker hallway. As Erin took the initiative to cut forward, hardly a care in the world, he too -- alongside Flynn -- attempted to stop her. "Hey, wait...!" He began to exclaim, before the other man instead managed to grab the woman's attention and advise her to stick together with the rest of the group.

With a soft breath, Peter shook his head in mild exasperation, knowing that Erin was right in a sense. What would they do if not press forward, go back through a locked door? Fat chance. With that, the man walked with the rest of the group down the dark hall, not a single corner to turn, or any other door in the side to distract from the path. One had to wonder what kind of wing this was supposed to be, just a plain corridor that nowhere else led into.

As everyone continued traversing through the hall, the strange knocking sound gradually became clearer and louder, as if they were getting closer, reverberating through the wall somewhere, somehow. The knocking in of itself had a peculiar pattern to it; at first, there were three knocks like someone would to a door, asking to be let in. Then a consistent string of four knocks, as though whoever was doing that was feeling something up, testing the wall out. And then back to the other pattern again. Moments like these, Peter rather envied Michelle's lack of hearing, but he knew it wouldn't do him any favors to be meek at a time like this, so he attempted to call out to whoever was making the noise.

"Hellooo? Dr. Staple, is that you? Anyone?" He called out, to no avail. In fact, it was then that the knocking sound stopped, followed by another soft voice like before.

"I'm in! Wish me luck, gentlemen."

"Who...?" Peter uttered again, but as they continued traversing through the dark, it was then that the end seemed to come to light. Or rather, it suddenly appeared before the group. Rather than the double doors at the end of the hallway gradually coming into their line of sight, they suddenly appeared before everyone in the blink of an eye. Just another strange happenstance on top of another.

"Is that...?"

"Nngh...!"

Elijah let out a labored groan, gasping out as he feared for his chances surviving a fall, even from his current position in the wheelchair, before Clark managed to valiantly keep him upright in the nick of time, with Hagusa pitching in to keep the wheelchair still, before the others in the room even came together to form a circle.

The earthquake persisted for a few more seconds, and then... eventually, it stopped, just as abruptly as it came, for one reason or another. As the rumbling came to a stop and the room calmed down, Elijah let out a breath, giving a wry look toward Clark in particular, the first one to leap to his help. "I give you my thanks, Mr. Kent. Glad to see I've got my own... personal superhero to call on," he said. Despite his knowing words, his eyes failed to hide a degree of genuine gratitude. For all he talked himself up as a supervillain mastermind, it was clear that he was far from infallible all the same.

With a breath, Fujiko staggered to her feet, brushing some stray hair behind her ear. "I-Is it over now? Where did that come from?" She inquired, before looking toward Elijah. "At least Mr. Twig over here is all safe and sound. I just don't know how I'd cope without him," the woman grunted sarcastically, having made no effort during the quake to contribute to the circle.

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Activity Room

Furrowing his brows as the others form a ring, Clark gets behind Elijah's wheelchair and steadily moves him towards the center. It was difficult due to the constant shaking in the room, and his glasses were beginning to wobble off of his face. No need to worry about that, he steps forward as everyone else in the room moved in.

"Hang on!" The Kansas-Raised man says to Elijah, quickly pushing his glasses up against the bridge of his nose.

The earthquake persisted for a few more seconds, and then... eventually, it stopped, just as abruptly as it came, for one reason or another. As the rumbling came to a stop and the room calmed down, Elijah let out a breath, giving a wry look toward Clark in particular, the first one to leap to his help. "I give you my thanks, Mr. Kent. Glad to see I've got my own... personal superhero to call on," he said. Despite his knowing words, his eyes failed to hide a degree of genuine gratitude. For all he talked himself up as a supervillain mastermind, it was clear that he was far from infallible all the same.

The violent shaking eventually stopped suddenly as it began, adding much more confusion to Clark. The journalist moves his gaze to the elderly man, raising a brow as he saw his eyes. Despite all the talk of him being a figure his...well, the man he imagined himself would oppose, he too had agency like everyone else.

"Making sure you're safe," he replies to him, adjusting his glasses.

With a breath, Fujiko staggered to her feet, brushing some stray hair behind her ear. "I-Is it over now? Where did that come from?" She inquired, before looking toward Elijah. "At least Mr. Twig over here is all safe and sound. I just don't know how I'd cope without him," the woman grunted sarcastically, having made no effort during the quake to contribute to the circle.

View attachment 10821

"I," he takes a deep breath, ignoring the fact that Fujiko had done nothing during the quake. "I honestly don't know. It happened all of a sudden. Something strange is going on. Does anyone else feel the same?"

"Nngh...!"

Elijah let out a labored groan, gasping out as he feared for his chances surviving a fall, even from his current position in the wheelchair, before Clark managed to valiantly keep him upright in the nick of time, with Hagusa pitching in to keep the wheelchair still, before the others in the room even came together to form a circle.

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Activity Room

Furrowing his brows as the others form a ring, Clark gets behind Elijah's wheelchair and steadily moves him towards the center. It was difficult due to the constant shaking in the room, and his glasses were beginning to wobble off of his face. No need to worry about that, he steps forward as everyone else in the room moved in.

"Hang on!" The Kansas-Raised man says to Elijah, quickly pushing his glasses up against the bridge of his nose.

The violent shaking eventually stopped suddenly as it began, adding much more confusion to Clark. The journalist moves his gaze to the elderly man, raising a brow as he saw his eyes. Despite all the talk of him being a figure his...well, the man he imagined himself would oppose, he too had agency like everyone else.

View attachment 10821

"I," he takes a deep breath, ignoring the fact that Fujiko had done nothing during the quake. "I honestly don't know. It happened all of a sudden. Something strange is going on. Does anyone else feel the same?"

Though Takara had been wholly ready to hunker down with the rest of the group in a pile despite the mental war she was waging, it ended up not being necessary. By the time she could start getting down on the floor, the crisis was over, as abruptly as it had begun. Mentally exhausted as she was by the experience as a whole, one part of it bugged her more than the rest.

She... hadn't been the one to do that, had she?

Blanching visibly, and still recovering, the distracted and mildly horrified woman ended up actually stumbling and falling on her ass. Under normal circumstances, she would've been humiliated by such a blunder, but she was too lost in her own head at the moment to care. She momentarily looked around the room with new eyes, in search of something she couldn't truly hope to perceive. It wasn't like she'd know if her own desperate wanting had been what had stopped the chaos, so it was a moot point to state at her surroundings like a deer caught in headlights. The room wasn't glowing green or anything absurd. That'd be good enough.

But... still. She might've held fast against the verbal prodding from Elijah, but the crazy experience that had just occurred definitely got to her. She was quiet as the others expressed their concerns with the situation, and ultimately ended up just staring at her own hands for a few long moments before finally seeming to tune back into reality again. With another couple of blinks, she managed to look up, placing a hand lightly to her temple as she caught the tail end of Clark's words. "I... y-yes, strange definitely feels like a fitting description," she mumbled, distantly. She was trying her best to shake off her rising panic at the self-inflicted notion that she might've helped the group with some sort of imaginary psychic power she knew wasn't real, but uh, it wasn't going super well.

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch

"Mr. Petrelli, you really are a coward," Erin said rather matter-of-factly, "When a door appears in front of you, just go through it!"

Erin turned to Flynn.

"But Mr. Blazkowicz here isn’t gonna let me go first, I know that’s for certain, so would you like to do the honors, Mr. Blazkowicz?"

View attachment 10819

"If someone's trying to give us a show, then remind me to give them a one-star review," Peter said in response to Khada's initial remark as they entered the noticeably darker hallway. As Erin took the initiative to cut forward, hardly a care in the world, he too -- alongside Flynn -- attempted to stop her. "Hey, wait...!" He began to exclaim, before the other man instead managed to grab the woman's attention and advise her to stick together with the rest of the group.

With a soft breath, Peter shook his head in mild exasperation, knowing that Erin was right in a sense. What would they do if not press forward, go back through a locked door? Fat chance. With that, the man walked with the rest of the group down the dark hall, not a single corner to turn, or any other door in the side to distract from the path. One had to wonder what kind of wing this was supposed to be, just a plain corridor that nowhere else led into.

As everyone continued traversing through the hall, the strange knocking sound gradually became clearer and louder, as if they were getting closer, reverberating through the wall somewhere, somehow. The knocking in of itself had a peculiar pattern to it; at first, there were three knocks like someone would to a door, asking to be let in. Then a consistent string of four knocks, as though whoever was doing that was feeling something up, testing the wall out. And then back to the other pattern again. Moments like these, Peter rather envied Michelle's lack of hearing, but he knew it wouldn't do him any favors to be meek at a time like this, so he attempted to call out to whoever was making the noise.

"Hellooo? Dr. Staple, is that you? Anyone?" He called out, to no avail. In fact, it was then that the knocking sound stopped, followed by another soft voice like before.

"I'm in! Wish me luck, gentlemen."

"Who...?" Peter uttered again, but as they continued traversing through the dark, it was then that the end seemed to come to light. Or rather, it suddenly appeared before the group. Rather than the double doors at the end of the hallway gradually coming into their line of sight, they suddenly appeared before everyone in the blink of an eye. Just another strange happenstance on top of another.

"Is that...?"

"Nngh...!"

"It seems to be over." Hagusa replied, cautiously removing his hands from Elijah's wheelchair and going to Lucinia to check on her head.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked, willing to help her up if she so wanted it.

View attachment 10821

"Eh? Well we just had a sudden earthquake after half of the people left the room, so yeah." Hagusa replied, almost in a deadpan towards the bespectacled man as he did his best with helping Lucinia.

Though Takara had been wholly ready to hunker down with the rest of the group in a pile despite the mental war she was waging, it ended up not being necessary. By the time she could start getting down on the floor, the crisis was over, as abruptly as it had begun. Mentally exhausted as she was by the experience as a whole, one part of it bugged her more than the rest.

She... hadn't been the one to do that, had she?

Blanching visibly, and still recovering, the distracted and mildly horrified woman ended up actually stumbling and falling on her ass. Under normal circumstances, she would've been humiliated by such a blunder, but she was too lost in her own head at the moment to care. She momentarily looked around the room with new eyes, in search of something she couldn't truly hope to perceive. It wasn't like she'd know if her own desperate wanting had been what had stopped the chaos, so it was a moot point to state at her surroundings like a deer caught in headlights. The room wasn't glowing green or anything absurd. That'd be good enough.

But... still. She might've held fast against the verbal prodding from Elijah, but the crazy experience that had just occurred definitely got to her. She was quiet as the others expressed their concerns with the situation, and ultimately ended up just staring at her own hands for a few long moments before finally seeming to tune back into reality again. With another couple of blinks, she managed to look up, placing a hand lightly to her temple as she caught the tail end of Clark's words. "I... y-yes, strange definitely feels like a fitting description," she mumbled, distantly. She was trying her best to shake off her rising panic at the self-inflicted notion that she might've helped the group with some sort of imaginary psychic power she knew wasn't real, but uh, it wasn't going super well.

Noticing Takara seemed out of it he looked her way with a furrowed brow.

"You alright? You hurt?" He asked, even if either girl ended up with minor injuries...

Another fuzzy memory resurfaced, someone was hurt, but he can't see their face. They seemed glad that he was okay, at the least. Who was it?

Blinking back to the present, he sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"Well, what now? Once we make sure no one's seriously hurt and all, do we just look for the rest, or a doctor or something?" He asked no one in particular. Was there some sort of certain protocol for earthquakes in a place like this? Plus, the others were out of the room when it happened, and could of been hurt or as disoriented as some of the people present. Speaking of...

"You okay too, old man?" Hagusa asked Elijah, wanting to be sure he wasn't at all hurt during, well...all that.

@Ver @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @York @Lucky @Josh @Yun Lee @Not a Writer @Activity Room

"Yeah, that's really neat! I'm sure you're very proud of yourself for that kind of achievement."
Let's make a protective ring!
Something strange is going on. Does anyone else feel the same?"

A confident smirk crossed her lips when she could hear Takera's compliment. It almost sounded forced. She could honestly tell her fellow facility patient knew nothing of video games just by looking at her. Lucinia just couldn't see someone who worked at a flower shop being the gaming type. "I am pretty proud of myself. Just like you must be pretty proud of your— err... flowers, or whatever. Yeah, I'm not even going to pretend to know anything about plants. I'd be bored outta my skull if I had to do what you do."

Although, Lucinia had to admit that she much rather would've worked in a flower shop instead of being in the center of an earthquake. Momentarily, she found herself hearing a mixture of suggestions to form a protective ring and more rumbles. Opting to ignore this advice, she stayed on the floor, putting her hands over her head. It was kind of dangerous for her to move in this situation when her balance was already off, so she figured staying in place for the time being was her best bet.

Thankfully, this encounter with danger was over almost as quickly as it had started. Ears ringing and vision swimming, the pro-gamer felt a pair of hands helping to steady her. She didn't really like being helped, but in this situation she really had no choice. She took Hagusa's support, staying close to him until her hearing would return. "Thanks," she mumbled half-heartedly, averting her gaze from the boy. "I think I'm okay. I'm just... really shaken up." She paused for a moment, collecting her thoughts. "No duh something strange is going on," she eventually spat out in response to Clark. "An earthquake here isn't normal, right? Unless I've just been loopy on medication every time they've happened."

Back