"That's right, you did push him here earlier, didn't you, Takara, Hagusa? But how would he have... Did he lapse out of his catatonia when I wasn't looking again?" She asked with an exasperated breath, as though drolly aware of Elijah's avoidant attitude toward her.

"Sure did," Peter nodded curtly. "He couldn't have gone far though. I don't wanna know what he wants to pull under our noses."

"I wonder if Erin knows where he went. I know she... decided Mr. Trevor's sudden appearance here wasn't worth her time, so I guess she's still lounging around in the Activity Room," Fujiko speculated. "And there's the others that decided they saw enough already," she added as she gave a wide shrug, referring to the others that decided to leave as well.

"Ugh... Don't tell me you all wanna go look for that creepy old man. I mean, what could he possibly be capable of stuck to that dinky little wheelchair of his?" The woman sighed, brushing aside some stray hair behind her ear.

ugxrwsb.jpg

The journalist's brows crease in worry, nodding his head in agreement with Peter's words. "Expect the unexpected," he answers Fujiko's skeptic-like question. "from years of reporting, in cases of horrific tragedies, anyone can be capable of anything; regardless of physical condition."

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @York @Lucky @Lobby

Michelle was taken back by the name that Elijah used to name her. She stood there in silence for a moment before she signed back. [You're right. A name is a name. It's the skills that we have and the deeds that we do that are the important parts of what makes us, well, us.]

Though at the mention of secret passages Michelle's face lit up. [No way! There's no secret passage! Even if it would be pretty sick if there was one. But, if you need help to look I'd be more than happy to help!]

@Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Hall

Flynn didn't react when he saw Elijah. Though, unlike his attitude from just minutes ago, Flynn wasn't immediately jumping at his throat. He wanted to - god, it felt like he should. It felt like he was the only one that was paying any attention. A damn shame that it had to be Flynn to play the role of the crazy guy - in a whole hospital of crazy people. He didn't like it. Why would anyone? It didn't feel right. The marine froze like a statue under Elijah's stare, looking back at him with an unreadable expression, and then to Erin. Then, to the footsteps trailing after him. He sighed, beginning to move again, only to inch closer to the door once Elijah's attention was caught by someone else.

Flynn almost opened his mouth to apologize. It seemed like the natural next step to take after everything he said to Sylvia. Apologies do that - they help you forget, they give you peace of mind. If Flynn could act like everything that occurred in the past hour or so was just some fluke psycho-episode, maybe he could move on without letting those pesky questions nibble at his ear like termites to flesh. Flynn couldn't find the words, and remained silent, stopping his path to the door once he heard Khada pipe up - and Elijah pipe up in response.

Flynn looked over his broad, thick shoulder at the two men. It was satisfying in a fucked-up sort of way, to see the smug artist start to fall to the same paranoia that Elijah had inflicted upon himself. He knew that even a suave, snobby avant-garde snowflake could feel the pressure when the questions start bubbling up. Why does he know so much? Why does he know about me? What does he know?

It made Flynn want to do a complete one-eighty and start questioning Elijah again. But, hey. He had no obligation to help anyone else answer those questions. It was only him. And he had to kill those thoughts in the cradle before anything else.

No, he had to go back to his room. Fuck, just let me go back to my room.

@Capri @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Hall

ugxrwsb.jpg

The journalist's brows crease in worry, nodding his head in agreement with Peter's words. "Expect the unexpected," he answers Fujiko's skeptic-like question. "from years of reporting, in cases of horrific tragedies, anyone can be capable of anything; regardless of physical condition."

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @York @Lucky @Lobby

Watching Flynn, a sigh left Sylvia's mouth. Something about that man. He was like a lost puppy waiting for its owner. Turn to Clark Kent, Slyvia had to admit, she felt safe around the main. She couldn't tell why. She did know one thing; she didn't want to go anywhere without him.
View attachment 10932
"Mr. Kent, maybe it's a good idea if follow Flynn and the other. At a certain point, maybe we're better sticking together. You've seen horror movie, I assume. Not that we're in a horror movie.... I hope."
A slight, awkward giggle followed her words.
@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Not a Writer @Rwac96 @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @York @Lucky @Lobby

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi
As Michelle joined the fray, bumping into Elijah and the others in the hallway, the man greeted the other newcomer with a smile. He didn't vocally speak to the woman, instead signing back to her silently. [What's the difference? Mr. Glass may simply another name for Elijah Price, but it is still the same coin. Don't you agree, Makkari?] He asked, pointedly using her delusion name.

To Erin, he gave a wide shrug. "Well, if you must know, I was looking for... shall we say, a hidden passage? You know how it is with these old buildings. Probably bound to be a secret exit somewhere around here, don't you think?" He said, a soft, almost playful inflection in his words, not quite like how he'd spoken to most of the other patients.

Elijah gave a slight pause as Khada asked about where he might find some tools to draw with. The man quietly looked at him with a thoughtful expression; there was little telling what might have been going on in a mind like his, but before long, a smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "I... might have an idea of where you could find some instruments," Elijah began to respond, but instead of elaborating, he instead shifted the topic a bit.

"Tell me, Mr. Jhin, what inspires your art? What kind of styles speak to you most? Surrealism, realistic?" He asked, before leaning in with an intent look. "I've always been a bigger fan of the pulpier stuff. Something stylish, yet maintaining wide appeal. Have you ever considered... drawing for comic books?"

@Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Hall

"Ooh~! Secret passages!" Erin said, slightly hopping on her feet, before feeling the walls. Although Elijah could probably tell, Erin wasn't really doing it out of any desire to actually find one, but rather just to have some fun.

If she actually did find one that would be pretty sick, wouldn't it?​

"Khada" Jhin - Hall/Activity Room
@Ver @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Hall

Elijah gave a slight pause as Khada asked about where he might find some tools to draw with. The man quietly looked at him with a thoughtful expression; there was little telling what might have been going on in a mind like his, but before long, a smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "I... might have an idea of where you could find some instruments," Elijah began to respond, but instead of elaborating, he instead shifted the topic a bit.

"Tell me, Mr. Jhin, what inspires your art? What kind of styles speak to you most? Surrealism, realistic?" He asked, before leaning in with an intent look. "I've always been a bigger fan of the pulpier stuff. Something stylish, yet maintaining wide appeal. Have you ever considered... drawing for comic books?"
The virtuoso's eyes immediately regained life as Elijah became his first clue. "--Do tell, please," he quickly replied, a bead of sweat falling down his neck, "It's important. It's only a matter of time before I lose this feeling." He could already feel inspiration drain with every passing second, and once it was lost, he would return to that mysterious, grey abyss again.

As the conversation shifted, Khada appeared to scowl for a moment, as if being given false hope. But at the same time, he couldn't ignore the questions he was being asked. The thought of it immediately got his mind racing again. He could draw in pretty much any known style, from surrealism to realism, but what was his style? And what was truly the source of his inspiration? "...You ask some difficult questions, Mr. Price," he laughed nervously, "Well, realism has its merits. The logical chaos of nature, the authenticity of facial expressions... these are things that are beautiful all on their own." He unconsciously grinned, causing his face to darken. "But when I draw, I create my own interpretations. Something to make things a little less... ordinary. You could call it surrealism, but I call it perfection--"

He paused mid-sentence like he had just accidentally blurted out an indecent slur, his face twisting between expressions of disgust and awe. A vibrant image of a woman transforming into a sea of burning roses filled his mind.

He shook his head and rubbed his face, looking back at "Mr. Glass" with a desperate look. "Just answer the question." At this point, he was no longer afraid of losing inspiration. He needed to get rid of it.​

"Mr. Kent, maybe it's a good idea if follow Flynn and the other. At a certain point, maybe we're better sticking together. You've seen horror movie, I assume. Not that we're in a horror movie.... I hope." A slight, awkward giggle followed her words.

AvefHk0.jpg

Clearing his throat, Clark adjusts his glasses. "That's a good idea, Sylvia," the journalist nods in agreement. "though, let's not jinx it, especially after all the strangeness that's happened."

"I'm glad we were able to reach an agreement," Staple simply said as the others seemed to relent, folding her arms reservedly. With that all said, it seemed that the matter had been put to rest, only for the others to notice yet another thing out of place in the lobby, particularly that of Elijah's sudden disappearance from the group.

"That's right, you did push him here earlier, didn't you, Takara, Hagusa? But how would he have... Did he lapse out of his catatonia when I wasn't looking again?" She asked with an exasperated breath, as though drolly aware of Elijah's avoidant attitude toward her.

"Sure did," Peter nodded curtly. "He couldn't have gone far though. I don't wanna know what he wants to pull under our noses."

"I wonder if Erin knows where he went. I know she... decided Mr. Trevor's sudden appearance here wasn't worth her time, so I guess she's still lounging around in the Activity Room," Fujiko speculated. "And there's the others that decided they saw enough already," she added as she gave a wide shrug, referring to the others that decided to leave as well.

"Ugh... Don't tell me you all wanna go look for that creepy old man. I mean, what could he possibly be capable of stuck to that dinky little wheelchair of his?" The woman sighed, brushing aside some stray hair behind her ear.

@Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Lobby

As Michelle joined the fray, bumping into Elijah and the others in the hallway, the man greeted the other newcomer with a smile. He didn't vocally speak to the woman, instead signing back to her silently. [What's the difference? Mr. Glass may simply another name for Elijah Price, but it is still the same coin. Don't you agree, Makkari?] He asked, pointedly using her delusion name.

To Erin, he gave a wide shrug. "Well, if you must know, I was looking for... shall we say, a hidden passage? You know how it is with these old buildings. Probably bound to be a secret exit somewhere around here, don't you think?" He said, a soft, almost playful inflection in his words, not quite like how he'd spoken to most of the other patients.

@Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Hall

Not getting the exact answer he wanted made the boy pout slightly, but when Staple mentioned that he and Takara wheeled Elijah in, the boy nodded in affirmation.

When Clark and Sylvia talked about sticking together with the rest of the group, his gaze went to Takara.

"You feeling better? Might as well see what the others are up to now, if you want." He asked her with a shrug.

@Ver @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Yun Lee @Minerva @York @Anybody @Lobby

Reuniting with family...Hagusa crossed his arms and bit the inside of his cheek in thought to the point he could taste a hint of blood before focusing back into his location and those around him. Something about this all wasn't sitting right with him. After the earthquake and that weird soldier showing up, Dr. Staple seemed to being telling them what they seem to want to hear.

"If that's the case, then maybe you could help me find my sister and I can stay with her instead?" He asked, a small tinge of hopefulness in his voice despite wondering if she'd be quick to give him some form if reassurance on the matter just to appease him. No matter what the doctor had said to him before he wasn't forgiving Kouto for what he did, plus he'd much rather stay with his sister, his real one.

Hearing Takara mention Elijah, Hagusa took notice that the wheelchair bound man must of slipped away at some point during all the commotion. Oops.

"Ah, he might have left during all the noise." He muttered to the green haired woman, scratching the back of his head almost sheepishly as he did so. It was the only explanation that made sense to him, anyway. It wasn't like Elijah could disappear like a Magician in an act. Right?

@Ver @Not a Writer @Josh @Lucky @Minerva @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Lobby
"Elijah," Clark's brows raised slightly, beginning to look around for the wheelchair-bound man. His blue irises shifts around the lobby, guessing that he wandered off during their talk with Trevor and then Staple. "He must've left," the Kansas-Raised man calmly says, though there was a tone of edge in his voice. It was a sign that the journalist was very cautious of the man, especially if his delusion was a supervillain.

"I'm glad we were able to reach an agreement," Staple simply said as the others seemed to relent, folding her arms reservedly. With that all said, it seemed that the matter had been put to rest, only for the others to notice yet another thing out of place in the lobby, particularly that of Elijah's sudden disappearance from the group.

@Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Lobby
Watching Flynn, a sigh left Sylvia's mouth. Something about that man. He was like a lost puppy waiting for its owner. Turn to Clark Kent, Slyvia had to admit, she felt safe around the main. She couldn't tell why. She did know one thing; she didn't want to go anywhere without him.
View attachment 10932
"Mr. Kent, maybe it's a good idea if follow Flynn and the other. At a certain point, maybe we're better sticking together. You've seen horror movie, I assume. Not that we're in a horror movie.... I hope."
A slight, awkward giggle followed her words.
@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Not a Writer @Rwac96 @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @York @Lucky @Lobby
Not getting the exact answer he wanted made the boy pout slightly, but when Staple mentioned that he and Takara wheeled Elijah in, the boy nodded in affirmation.

When Clark and Sylvia talked about sticking together with the rest of the group, his gaze went to Takara.

"You feeling better? Might as well see what the others are up to now, if you want." He asked her with a shrug.

@Ver @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Yun Lee @Minerva @York @Anybody @Lobby
Though she still wasn't in tip-top shape, Takara had at least regained enough of a grip to tune in to the situation more attentively than before. Even if she wasn't feeling the greatest, she reminded herself that she wasn't the only one; she needed to hold it together, not just for herself, but for everyone else as well. Hagusa's words were part of what helped her recall that; his tension was almost palpable, and the request to 'find his sister' and stay with her didn't go unnoticed. She bit her tongue for now, not wanting to stress him by asking questions, but she made a note to ask him some things before they left this place. For now, they could focus on the other oddities at hand.

"Ah, yes, we did, but- ...Wait, 'again'?"
Takara wondered after Dr. Staple's words clicked, prompting her to tilt her head with mild confusion. "Are his lapses common, then? He was totally lucid when we were with him before." She didn't bring up his strange ramblings just yet, not wanting to get him into total hot water with the staff despite all the trouble he'd caused. But she was curious about exactly how much the doctor already knew, on that front.

While she was pondering these things, it seemed more and more of the group had steadily trickled away. Takara released a small sigh, though Sylvia's joke earned a small chuckle in turn. "Sheesh, I sure hope we aren't. That'd be an awful thing to discover right before our release, huh?" she mused with a half-smile. "Anyway, it probably is a good idea to head back. I'm sure the staff are busy with that Trevor guy; if Elijah really did wander off, I'd hate for him to accidentally hurt himself somehow... Especially after that earthquake before." Or, not earthquake. Whatever it was that had happened. She glanced at the doctor, scratching her cheek momentarily before managing to will herself to voice a question on the matter. "Actually... do you know anything about that, Dr. Staple? When we were in the activity room, the entire room started violently shaking. It almost knocked Elijah right out of his wheelchair. Was there... some sort of construction going on nearby, or something?" She hoped the woman would have an answer. An answer that didn't involve telling the group they'd imagined the whole thing and were crazy, and would have to stay longer. An answer that didn't involve her being exactly what she'd hallucinated herself to be.

Drowning herself in those worries wouldn't do her any good, though. She'd get the answer when the doctor gave it. And in the meantime, Hagusa's words actually made her smile, she giving a small nod of appreciation. "...Yes, I'm feeling much better now," she assured, sincerely. "Thank you for the concern. Are you doing okay? I know a lot's going on right now."

@Ver @Takumi @Josh @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Lucky @SorryifImissedanyoneintheLobby

Though she still wasn't in tip-top shape, Takara had at least regained enough of a grip to tune in to the situation more attentively than before. Even if she wasn't feeling the greatest, she reminded herself that she wasn't the only one; she needed to hold it together, not just for herself, but for everyone else as well. Hagusa's words were part of what helped her recall that; his tension was almost palpable, and the request to 'find his sister' and stay with her didn't go unnoticed. She bit her tongue for now, not wanting to stress him by asking questions, but she made a note to ask him some things before they left this place. For now, they could focus on the other oddities at hand.

"Ah, yes, we did, but- ...Wait, 'again'?" Takara wondered after Dr. Staple's words clicked, prompting her to tilt her head with mild confusion. "Are his lapses common, then? He was totally lucid when we were with him before." She didn't bring up his strange ramblings just yet, not wanting to get him into total hot water with the staff despite all the trouble he'd caused. But she was curious about exactly how much the doctor already knew, on that front.

While she was pondering these things, it seemed more and more of the group had steadily trickled away. Takara released a small sigh, though Sylvia's joke earned a small chuckle in turn. "Sheesh, I sure hope we aren't. That'd be an awful thing to discover right before our release, huh?" she mused with a half-smile. "Anyway, it probably is a good idea to head back. I'm sure the staff are busy with that Trevor guy; if Elijah really did wander off, I'd hate for him to accidentally hurt himself somehow... Especially after that earthquake before." Or, not earthquake. Whatever it was that had happened. She glanced at the doctor, scratching her cheek momentarily before managing to will herself to voice a question on the matter. "Actually... do you know anything about that, Dr. Staple? When we were in the activity room, the entire room started violently shaking. It almost knocked Elijah right out of his wheelchair. Was there... some sort of construction going on nearby, or something?" She hoped the woman would have an answer. An answer that didn't involve telling the group they'd imagined the whole thing and were crazy, and would have to stay longer. An answer that didn't involve her being exactly what she'd hallucinated herself to be.

Drowning herself in those worries wouldn't do her any good, though. She'd get the answer when the doctor gave it. And in the meantime, Hagusa's words actually made her smile, she giving a small nod of appreciation. "...Yes, I'm feeling much better now," she assured, sincerely. "Thank you for the concern. Are you doing okay? I know a lot's going on right now."

@Ver @Takumi @Josh @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Lucky @SorryifImissedanyoneintheLobby

How odd that the good doctor seemed to always miss Elijah's times of lucidity. Takara's words addressed to him caused him to blink before looking to her.

Hagusa was almost taken aback by her own question on his wellbeing, but gave his fellow patient a small smile in return as he scratched the back of his head, feeling a bit sheepish about being slightly caught off guard.

68b01a24f64be87a44257d9eecd08bca67b62a3a.png

"Ah, yeah I'm fine. Mostly taking things as they come y'know?" He replied, before adding, "I'm glad you're feeling better, in all honesty."

@Ver @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Minerva @Lucky @York @Lobby

Icarus (Issac) Clark

Icarus was sure that the doctor was right, but there was something about the Steve man that bothered him and he wanted to ask a question. But he had a feeling that it would get him in trouble. He would gently tug on Sylvia's shirt from the side and gestured for her to follow him so they could talk in private, hoping to find a safe spot. "Are we sure we can trust the doctor? She didn't contradict when one of our fellow inmates said Steve was dead, it just feels weird," he admitted to her.

@Josh @Lobby

AvefHk0.jpg

Clearing his throat, Clark adjusts his glasses. "That's a good idea, Sylvia," the journalist nods in agreement. "though, let's not jinx it, especially after all the strangeness that's happened."

View attachment 11002
"I appreciate that, Mr. Kent. If anything, we're more in a psychological thriller than a horror movie." Slyvia smirked at Clark. All the stress that's going on, it helped to laugh. Slyvia than felt the touch of another Clark, her Clark. Issac Clark.

Icarus (Issac) Clark

Icarus was sure that the doctor was right, but there was something about the Steve man that bothered him and he wanted to ask a question. But he had a feeling that it would get him in trouble. He would gently tug on Sylvia's shirt from the side and gestured for her to follow him so they could talk in private, hoping to find a safe spot. "Are we sure we can trust the doctor? She didn't contradict when one of our fellow inmates said Steve was dead, it just feels weird," he admitted to her.

@Josh @Lobby
Following her husband, Sylvia had to admit; as much pain as him losing his memory caused her, the fact that he trusted her? It gave her faith.

View attachment 11001
"We're not prisoners, Issac. Technically, since most of us are here voluntarily we're participants, clients. And I don't trust her. To be far? I never heard of that Steve before. Something is clearly off, but maybe out best bet is to go with the flow."

Grabbing his hand, Sylvia buried her head in his chest, softly. looking up at him, a tired sigh left her lips.

"As long as we have each other, I'm happy to weight things out. I've waited for you for so long. I know you don't remember me, but I love you. I always will. Even if you don't remember loving me."

"I appreciate that, Mr. Kent. If anything, we're more in a psychological thriller than a horror movie." Slyvia smirked at Clark. All the stress that's going on, it helped to laugh. Slyvia than felt the touch of another Clark, her Clark. Issac Clark.

The journalist blinks at her moment of laughter, then he himself chuckles a bit. Though the situation they're currently in was stressful, Sylvia's laughter was quite infectious. Clark felt the tension that was building up decrease a little, then his blue eyes focus on her and Issac sharing a moment. The Kansas-Raised man couldn't help but blink, as the scene playing before him made him think of him and Lois.

Clark begins to ponder on the moments he and Lois had with one another, though, he blinks. He remembered a time where they were rivals, all because he managed to get a big scoop. But, what was that big scoop? Closing his eyes, the journalist begins to think harder; as if he was in school again and was taking a test.

Then, an image flashed in his mind, as it answered his question for him.

View attachment 11003

Opening his eyes, staring at Sylvia and Issac once more. On one hand, it began to give credence to the possibility that this Superman...wasn't a delusion. The image of him and Lois in each other's arms seems to confirm Elijah was spouting. But, on the other, it was still a delusion...though, it was becoming hard to tell if he was human after all. Clearing his throat rather loudly to get their attention, the journalist begins to speak.

"I think we should head off to check on Elijah," Clark says to those gathered in the Lobby, "you're welcomed to come with if you like."

"Earthquake...?" Staple could only respond obliviously as Takara asked her about the shaking that seemed to plague half of the group earlier, raising an eyebrow. "I... don't think I know anything about what you're talking about. I'm sorry."

View attachment 11012

"Yeah. Me and some of the others went to look for you earlier. We... uh, got lost," Peter said, tugging at his collar briefly. "But when we came back, the others told us about this earthquake, but we didn't notice anything either."

"Oh, so you think we're crazy, do you?" Fujiko snapped toward Peter, still vividly remembering the quake.

"Now now, Ms. Mine, we don't use that word," Staple only responded.

"Thank you, that really helps."

Pinching the bridge of her nose for the briefest of moments, Staple nodded. "Okay, I'll keep this in mind. Tremors, like a quake, being felt by some of you..." She said, before eyeing Peter as well. "... As well as confusion and loss of direction from the sounds of it."

"I..." Peter began to protest, before backing down just as quickly, unable to deny that he had no explanation for how he and those who had accompanied him seemed to walk in an impossible circle when trying to find Staple earlier.

"But in any case, we have other matters to attend to right now. If Elijah's awake, then I simply cannot miss this opportunity!" She exclaimed, perhaps the most animated anyone had ever seen her, as she clasped her hands together. "And if nothing else, we cannot have someone like him left alone by himself!"

"Yeah, I'm with you on that front, I guess. Only way he coulda gone is back where we came, I'm thinking," Peter said, gesturing toward the door that everyone had just come through earlier.

"Ugh, fine. What are we waiting for then? Let's get a move on."

"Well, if you're so adamant..." Elijah began to respond to Jhin, putting a hand to his chin. "I can think of one place where you'll be content to draw for as long as you'd like, whenever you want. All you need to do..." He trailed off, leaning in closer toward the artist. "... is to help me find the exit," he finished, presumably referring to the supposed secret passage he was trying to find.

However, before anyone could say or do anything more, that was when the rest of the group who had remained in the Lobby finally reunited with everyone, almost seeming to burst through the door into the Hall where everyone had come together again.

"Oh, Erin, there you are. So good of you to join us," Fujiko said drolly, standing near the front of the group. "At least you managed to hold up our dear supervillain for us."

As Staple stood beside Fujiko, she recognized the gleam of consciousness in Elijah's eyes, and knew then and there that she had finally come face to face with the real Elijah for once. Unable to escape this fact, especially after all this time, the old man tilted his head curiously toward Staple. "Ah, the good doctor seeks an audience with me now, I'm guessing," he said, as though all his time in catatonia had been somehow faked the entire time.

"It's... so nice to finally meet you, Elijah. We have... a lot to discuss," she cleared her throat, walking toward and then behind Elijah's wheelchair and putting her hands on the grips behind him, before looking back at those who had just spent a hot minute with him. "What has he said to you? Anything of particular interest?" She asked, to which Elijah -- his face obscured from Staple's sight -- gave a knowing wink to the others, silently signing to the group with his hands.

[Do you trust me?]

@Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

After Peter revealed to Staple about the strange occurrences and some comments from Fujiko, a sigh of relief escaped Clark's lips. The journalist pushed aside the questions that plagued his mind for the moment, focusing on Elijah; noting the emotion in the doctor's face. Which was a bit more than he usually sees from her.

"But in any case, we have other matters to attend to right now. If Elijah's awake, then I simply cannot miss this opportunity!" She exclaimed, perhaps the most animated anyone had ever seen her, as she clasped her hands together. "And if nothing else, we cannot have someone like him left alone by himself!"

Nodding his head in agreement, he saw how the elderly man acted when the doctor first walked out of the activity room. Even if he was talking sense or not, it was clear that the man has a goal in mind. With his head held high, Clark walks with the others down the hallway, returning to where they came from.

When they arrived, he and everyone else seemed to burst through the door. Adjusting his black-rimmed, squared glasses; he takes a quick exhale.

"Ah, the good doctor seeks an audience with me now, I'm guessing," he said, as though all his time in catatonia had been somehow faked the entire time.

"It's... so nice to finally meet you, Elijah. We have... a lot to discuss," she cleared her throat, walking toward and then behind Elijah's wheelchair and putting her hands on the grips behind him, before looking back at those who had just spent a hot minute with him. "What has he said to you? Anything of particular interest?" She asked, to which Elijah -- his face obscured from Staple's sight -- gave a knowing wink to the others, silently signing to the group with his hands.

Clark took notice of the sign language from the wheelchair-bound patient, his lips curling into a slight frown. Remembering Trevor's warning, as of this moment, he had to take certain things with a grain of salt. Whether it's from Doctor Staple or Elijah, as the former had left some info out and the latter had faked his catatonic state.

ogtadMB.jpg

"Well, Doctor Staple," he begins to speak, turning his attention to the redhead. "Elijah mentioned a nasty fall he took years ago, which resulted in his paralyzed condition." Gesturing his thumb to the man of the subject, "He said he ran into someone, even referring to him as his own 'Superman'."

@Ver @Takumi @Josh @Not a Writer @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

"Well, if you're so adamant..." Elijah began to respond to Jhin, putting a hand to his chin. "I can think of one place where you'll be content to draw for as long as you'd like, whenever you want. All you need to do..." He trailed off, leaning in closer toward the artist. "... is to help me find the exit," he finished, presumably referring to the supposed secret passage he was trying to find.

However, before anyone could say or do anything more, that was when the rest of the group who had remained in the Lobby finally reunited with everyone, almost seeming to burst through the door into the Hall where everyone had come together again.

"Oh, Erin, there you are. So good of you to join us," Fujiko said drolly, standing near the front of the group. "At least you managed to hold up our dear supervillain for us."

As Staple stood beside Fujiko, she recognized the gleam of consciousness in Elijah's eyes, and knew then and there that she had finally come face to face with the real Elijah for once. Unable to escape this fact, especially after all this time, the old man tilted his head curiously toward Staple. "Ah, the good doctor seeks an audience with me now, I'm guessing," he said, as though all his time in catatonia had been somehow faked the entire time.

[Do you trust me?]
Khada looked at Elijah for a moment before nodding silently. There was something about the way Elijah spoke that resonated with him. He felt himself respecting the old man a bit more now, but it wasn't just because of the offer. For some reason, it felt more natural than that.

He had no time to ponder it further as the Hall suddenly increased in population.

When the virtuoso heard the rest of the group burst into the hallway, his face twitched into a fake smile, realizing that Dr. Staple was probably among them. He needed to wear a mask now more than ever.
"Well, Doctor Staple," he begins to speak, turning his attention to the redhead. "Elijah mentioned a nasty fall he took years ago, which resulted in his paralyzed condition." Gesturing his thumb to the man of the subject, "He said he ran into someone, even referring to him as his own 'Superman'."

"Ahem--" Khada coughed loudly, taking a step into the spotlight, as if trying to cut off Clark and distract from the details that had just been spilled.

"Welcome back, Doctor," Jhin said warmly, putting his hands behind his back, "I was just talking to Elijah about how passionate I am with my art. He's quite curious about our lives and delusions, so he hasn't had a chance to say anything in particular other than ask questions." He gave Clark a side glance before looking back at Staple. "Can you blame him? He's only just arrived in the waking world."

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Rwac96 @Ottonomous Ghost @EveryoneElse

"Salutations!" Erin spoke.

Dr. Staple asked her group, which was Khada, Flynn, and Michelle, what Elijah had said, yet Clark answered. To this, Erin stormed up to Clark.

"She was asking us you self-centered dolt!" Erin fumed, flicking Clark and gesturing to Khada and the others before returning to her neutral state.

"As for what Mr. Price was saying, it is, as Mr. Jhin was saying, a discussion about art. It’s really surprising, actually, Mr. Price is a fan of comic books,"

Erin’s on the fence with Elijah. On one hand, he’s insane! Returning to their delusions is NOT something Erin wants. Sure, it may be fine for the others but not for Erin.

Erin’s delusions lacked any sort of meaning, they held no reality, rhyme, or reason. She was unstable, and her false world reflected that. Erin finally had a sense of stability that she always wanted!

On the other… there was a bliss in the way she operated. ENA was entirely created out of coping mechanisms for her bipolarity and her trauma of becoming homeless after high school, as well as her stimming and overall strange behavior.

It felt good to pull the wool over her eyes. Erin doesn’t believe for a second that this state she's in will last. That she will relapse as ENA.

So she bit her tongue, hoping that her trust in Elijah won’t cause ruin for her in the long run.​

"Ahem--" Khada coughed loudly, taking a step into the spotlight, as if trying to cut off Clark and distract from the details that had just been spilled.

"She was asking us you self-centered dolt!" Erin fumed, flicking Clark and gesturing to Khada and the others before returning to her neutral state.

Clark grimaced, tugging at the top of his shirt. "My bad," he says, clearing his throat as he felt pretty rude. The Kansas-Raised man remain silent to let those who remained with Elijah to speak.

@Ver @Takumi @Josh @Not a Writer @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

"Earthquake...?" Staple could only respond obliviously as Takara asked her about the shaking that seemed to plague half of the group earlier, raising an eyebrow. "I... don't think I know anything about what you're talking about. I'm sorry."

View attachment 11012

"Yeah. Me and some of the others went to look for you earlier. We... uh, got lost," Peter said, tugging at his collar briefly. "But when we came back, the others told us about this earthquake, but we didn't notice anything either."

"Oh, so you think we're crazy, do you?" Fujiko snapped toward Peter, still vividly remembering the quake.

"Now now, Ms. Mine, we don't use that word," Staple only responded.

"Thank you, that really helps."

Pinching the bridge of her nose for the briefest of moments, Staple nodded. "Okay, I'll keep this in mind. Tremors, like a quake, being felt by some of you..." She said, before eyeing Peter as well. "... As well as confusion and loss of direction from the sounds of it."

"I..." Peter began to protest, before backing down just as quickly, unable to deny that he had no explanation for how he and those who had accompanied him seemed to walk in an impossible circle when trying to find Staple earlier.

"Yeah, I'm with you on that front, I guess. Only way he coulda gone is back where we came, I'm thinking," Peter said, gesturing toward the door that everyone had just come through earlier.

"Ugh, fine. What are we waiting for then? Let's get a move on."

[Do you trust me?]

@Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

Looking at, a slight narrowing of Sylvia's eyes as she lightly shook her head. Her years of teaching caught up with the women.

"Now Erin, mind Clark's personal space. Please?"

View attachment 11025

Back at the task at hand, Sylvia wasn't sure what to do or to say. Honestly? If you put a gun to Sylvia's head and ask her did, she trust the Doctor more than Elijah? No. Looking at Clark, Sylvia didn't speak, just nodding at the doctor. She was obviously wanting to talk to Clark privately when they get a chance.

@Ver @Takumi @Rwac96 @Not a Writer @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi

Back