"Now Erin, mind Clark's personal space. Please?"

1643061994835.png

The journalist's eyes shift to Sylvia, his brows raised slightly as he can recognize a look in her eyes. The ones Lois usually gives whenever they were on an investigative report. Clark turns to the woman, staying silent as his brows were neutral. A sign that he's willing to talk about what was she want to say or what was needed to be said.

@Ver @Takumi @Josh @Not a Writer @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

"Earthquake...?" Staple could only respond obliviously as Takara asked her about the shaking that seemed to plague half of the group earlier, raising an eyebrow. "I... don't think I know anything about what you're talking about. I'm sorry."

View attachment 11012

"Yeah. Me and some of the others went to look for you earlier. We... uh, got lost," Peter said, tugging at his collar briefly. "But when we came back, the others told us about this earthquake, but we didn't notice anything either."

"Oh, so you think we're crazy, do you?" Fujiko snapped toward Peter, still vividly remembering the quake.

"Now now, Ms. Mine, we don't use that word," Staple only responded.

"Thank you, that really helps."

Pinching the bridge of her nose for the briefest of moments, Staple nodded. "Okay, I'll keep this in mind. Tremors, like a quake, being felt by some of you..." She said, before eyeing Peter as well. "... As well as confusion and loss of direction from the sounds of it."

"I..." Peter began to protest, before backing down just as quickly, unable to deny that he had no explanation for how he and those who had accompanied him seemed to walk in an impossible circle when trying to find Staple earlier.

"But in any case, we have other matters to attend to right now. If Elijah's awake, then I simply cannot miss this opportunity!" She exclaimed, perhaps the most animated anyone had ever seen her, as she clasped her hands together. "And if nothing else, we cannot have someone like him left alone by himself!"

"Yeah, I'm with you on that front, I guess. Only way he coulda gone is back where we came, I'm thinking," Peter said, gesturing toward the door that everyone had just come through earlier.

"Ugh, fine. What are we waiting for then? Let's get a move on."

"Well, if you're so adamant..." Elijah began to respond to Jhin, putting a hand to his chin. "I can think of one place where you'll be content to draw for as long as you'd like, whenever you want. All you need to do..." He trailed off, leaning in closer toward the artist. "... is to help me find the exit," he finished, presumably referring to the supposed secret passage he was trying to find.

However, before anyone could say or do anything more, that was when the rest of the group who had remained in the Lobby finally reunited with everyone, almost seeming to burst through the door into the Hall where everyone had come together again.

"Oh, Erin, there you are. So good of you to join us," Fujiko said drolly, standing near the front of the group. "At least you managed to hold up our dear supervillain for us."

As Staple stood beside Fujiko, she recognized the gleam of consciousness in Elijah's eyes, and knew then and there that she had finally come face to face with the real Elijah for once. Unable to escape this fact, especially after all this time, the old man tilted his head curiously toward Staple. "Ah, the good doctor seeks an audience with me now, I'm guessing," he said, as though all his time in catatonia had been somehow faked the entire time.

"It's... so nice to finally meet you, Elijah. We have... a lot to discuss," she cleared her throat, walking toward and then behind Elijah's wheelchair and putting her hands on the grips behind him, before looking back at those who had just spent a hot minute with him. "What has he said to you? Anything of particular interest?" She asked, to which Elijah -- his face obscured from Staple's sight -- gave a knowing wink to the others, silently signing to the group with his hands.

[Do you trust me?]

@Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

As the group with Doctor Staple made their way out into the Hall, Hagusa had remained quiet throughout most of it, but rolled his eyes a bit as Erin called out Clark, then tilted his head with a raised brow as Elijah signed to them while Staple wasn't looking.

He wasn't all that good with sign, but he kind of understood. He didn't really like the man too much, and personally didn't trust him as far as he could throw him, but he was curious about whatever the man seemed to have planned. So he shrugged and gave Elijah a brief nod, before glancing to Takara briefly before turning his attention to the group as a whole again with his arms crossed.

@Ver @Not a Writer @Capri @Josh @Rwac96 @Jeremi @Everyone

"I see... I suppose he's just dying to talk after keeping his thoughts to himself for so long," Staple said as the others told her of what Elijah had been saying while she wasn't looking, though the more observant in the group would be able to see a twinge of disappointment on her face -- even more pronounced than her usual cold looks -- as though she was hoping to hear something specific, but whatever it might have been, she didn't say.

With that, she tightened her hold on Elijah's handlebars. "Well, if you don't mind me, I'd certainly like a nice conversation with Elijah, all to ourselves. I know I have a lot of questions lined up, waiting ever since he first came here. But you already know all about that, don't you, Mr. Price?" She asked, looking down intently at him from behind, to which Elijah merely smiled in response, not even looking back at the woman but instead keeping his gaze fixed on the group instead.

"Oh, if you insist. I've had my fun," the man merely shrugged. "Just make sure you can keep me interested, lest I... put myself to sleep again."

Staple sighed, shaking her head slightly in exasperation, closing her eyes as she did so. "What am I going to do with you, Elijah?"

In that brief window where the woman's eyes were closed, Elijah swiftly moved his hands, signing toward the group like a man possessed, finishing just as Staple opened her eyes again, his hands communicating the following:

[If you want the truth, meet me tonight in my room.]

Seeming none the wiser, Staple began to turn around, with Elijah's wheelchair in tow. "In any case, we should get moving. Once I make sure security's keeping a close eye on that strange man, we'll have ourselves a nice chat, Elijah. The rest of you... Feel free to relax. You're finally going home tomorrow, after all."

With that, as she began to walk away, leaving the group to themselves, Peter tilted his head quizzically. "What was that?" He asked in regards to Elijah's rapid signing.

"If you want the truth... meet me tonight in my room," Fujiko read out for anyone who couldn't read the signs. Adjusting her glasses, the woman crossed her arms in apprehension. "Well, if that isn't a shady thing to say, but then again, I guess no more shady than Dr. Staple. Those two were really made for each other. Anyway, I guess we're free to ourselves for the rest of the day."

View attachment 11076

"Well, I don't really have anything going on for the rest of the day. Unless anyone wants to pull Jenga blocks in the Activity Room," Peter said dryly, before crossing his arms, a contemplative look on his face. "Still, who was that Steve Trevor guy anyway, I wonder? Some of you guys seemed to recognize him, right? And the way it's all timed, just as we're being let go... Reads more like a joke in bad taste if you ask me," he shrugged. "Just like this earthquake you guys keep bringing up."

"What, you still think we made that up?" Fujiko bit back.

"I'm sure you think you went through one, but there's probably another explanation for it. Assuming you're not just pulling something to begin with," he responded skeptically.

"This is literally called gaslighting."

"What?"

Fun times.

@Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi

"Let’s not talk about the… earthquake…" Erin said, clearly uncomfortable with the topic, and hesitant to say the word earthquake.

"Let's… uh… learn more about ourselves!" she said, "I'll start! I'm homeles-okay this clearly isn’t making me comfortable either…"

Erin seemed to blank on any topic.

"Well… I'll be in the activity room if you need me!"

Erin made her way back to the activity room, looking out the window.​

"Oh, if you insist. I've had my fun," the man merely shrugged. "Just make sure you can keep me interested, lest I... put myself to sleep again."

Staple sighed, shaking her head slightly in exasperation, closing her eyes as she did so. "What am I going to do with you, Elijah?"

In that brief window where the woman's eyes were closed, Elijah swiftly moved his hands, signing toward the group like a man possessed, finishing just as Staple opened her eyes again, his hands communicating the following:

Seeming none the wiser, Staple began to turn around, with Elijah's wheelchair in tow. "In any case, we should get moving. Once I make sure security's keeping a close eye on that strange man, we'll have ourselves a nice chat, Elijah. The rest of you... Feel free to relax. You're finally going home tomorrow, after all."

His attention turns from Sylvia to Elijah conversing with Staple, folding his arms as Clark sees the elderly man communicating with his hands. His brows raised, as he recognized one of the signs from his ASL classes: Truth. The Kansas-Raised man stood there, blinking as he overhears the doctor saying that they were free to relax and they were finally going home tomorrow. He would've smiled, he would honestly jump for joy. But, something inside him gave him a feeling that none of it was genuine.

"The truth, huh?" The journalist says under his breath.

"Well, I don't really have anything going on for the rest of the day. Unless anyone wants to pull Jenga blocks in the Activity Room," Peter said dryly, before crossing his arms, a contemplative look on his face. "Still, who was that Steve Trevor guy anyway, I wonder? Some of you guys seemed to recognize him, right? And the way it's all timed, just as we're being let go... Reads more like a joke in bad taste if you ask me," he shrugged. "Just like this earthquake you guys keep bringing up."

dwyAREu.jpg

"He," he begins to speak up as he turns to Peter, his brows crease in uncertainty. "He was a soldier who was lost at sea." Clark begins to scratch at the back of his head. "But, I know you may doubt this, but...I knew this man. I fought with him....as this 'Superman'." The man adjusts his black-rimmed glasses, "Trevor did say not everything appears as it seems. Its possible Staple isn't looking carefully at all of this or if she's rather complicit. It's still hard to tell."

@Ver @Takumi @Josh @Not a Writer @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

His attention turns from Sylvia to Elijah conversing with Staple, folding his arms as Clark sees the elderly man communicating with his hands. His brows raised, as he recognized one of the signs from his ASL classes: Truth. The Kansas-Raised man stood there, blinking as he overhears the doctor saying that they were free to relax and they were finally going home tomorrow. He would've smiled, he would honestly jump for joy. But, something inside him gave him a feeling that none of it was genuine.

"The truth, huh?" The journalist says under his breath.

dwyAREu.jpg

"He," he begins to speak up as he turns to Peter, his brows crease in uncertainty. "He was a soldier who was lost at sea." Clark begins to scratch at the back of his head. "But, I know you may doubt this, but...I knew this man. I fought with him....as this 'Superman'." The man adjusts his black-rimmed glasses, "Trevor did say not everything appears as it seems. Its possible Staple isn't looking carefully at all of this or if she's rather complicit. It's still hard to tell."

"Clark, a moment."
View attachment 11078
Slyvia, still holding on to Issac, let her husband's hand go, a small frown now adorned on her face as she walked towards the reporter, motioning him to follow, the two moved towards a private, as private as they could get area in the hallway. Turning her head, her eyes looked at Elijah, then back to Clark. "So, I've been, for a while now, been conflicted. I am, so happy my husband is back, but something is off. This feels hollow, and to well planned. Maybe he's only here now to... confuse me. I, think, and I can't believe I'm admitting this, Elijah is right about us, and I'm terrified. Maybe you are a Superman. Maybe I'm not Sylvia."

@Ver @Takumi @Rwac96 @Not a Writer @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi

"Clark, a moment."

Hearing Sylvia speaking up, Clark turns his head to the woman holding on to her husband for a moment. The journalist saw the frown on her face, one of conflicting; as he and likely most of the patients have at the moment. He stayed silent as she begins to speak after giving a quick glance at the elderly man.

"So, I've been, for a while now, been conflicted. I am, so happy my husband is back, but something is off. This feels hollow, and to well planned. Maybe he's only here now to... confuse me. I, think, and I can't believe I'm admitting this, Elijah is right about us, and I'm terrified. Maybe you are a Superman. Maybe I'm not Sylvia."

AvefHk0.jpg

"You're not the only one," he admits to the woman, "I mean, we're getting to go home to our families. I get to see my wife, my mom, and my son." Clark smiles for a moment, but the frown returns. "But, none of this feels right, if I'm being honest with myself. I agree with you that all of this feels staged. I don't know if it's my years of experience in working for the Planet...or if it's these, flashes, I've been getting throughout the day. Maybe, like you're feeling that you're not Sylvia, I get this feeling that I'm not human. Maybe that I am this Kal-El...this Superman." The Kansas-Raised man takes a deep breath, "You're thinking of hearing Elijah's piece, aren't you." He said that, though not in the form of a question.

"Of course, but I don't know if it's a good idea for everyone to be involved." A sigh drifted from the History Professor's mouth. "I don't trust Issac. God, I feel like a bad wife, but something is telling me not to. Along with him? I mean, Erin seems to hate you, so some reason." Sylvia shook her head. "Besides, I'm afraid she'd tell the doctor. Now as for who I trust? You, of course. I hope you feel the same. I think Finn trusts me, but he might not just hate me as he does other. Also, earlier, around the time of the earthquake, I met a man that i don't think you have. His name is Kaapo. We had a few nice chats, and he helped me pull Issac under the table when the whole room was rocking. I think he's still in the meeting with another girl. What was her name? Soggy? No, Suki? Yuki Maybe? Usagi! That's her name! I don't he was very good, that's why he's been out of the way. I do trust them. What about you? Do you think it's a better idea to keep things small?"

@Ver @Takumi @Rwac96 @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Not a Writer @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

[Unlike Dr. Staples. I don't think Elijah. No. Mr. Glass is lying to us.] Michelle signed at Fujiko. [He has conviction and believes in that word. Truth.] She continued. [I don't trust Staples anymore. But she and this place is holding all the cards. I think it's time that we try to get a few aces up our sleeve too.]

@Ver @Everybody

"Of course, but I don't know if it's a good idea for everyone to be involved." A sigh drifted from the History Professor's mouth. "I don't trust Issac. God, I feel like a bad wife, but something is telling me not to. Along with him? I mean, Erin seems to hate you, so some reason."

ogtadMB.jpg

A small sigh escapes from his lips, as he remembered that there were some among them that were, well, content. Clark didn't know the extent of their delusions or true lives, but he guessed not all of them were well or lived a lonely existence. Something in him grimaced at leaving everyone under Staple's 'care' in the dark, but the truth needed to be heard.

"Erin did seem, I don't know, standoff-ish." The reporter rubs the back of his neck, his brows creasing slightly. "As for Issac, well, I know that he's your husband and he too was lied to, but, I can't but think there's something...off with him." Clark couldn't help but shudder, as another image began to flash once more.

This time, it seemed like a memory, what felt like one year ago. Standing before him was...another Superman. Unlike the image flash involving the pale, backward bizarre double; this one had genuine malice. Yet, the demeanor gave Clark an eerie feeling, he believed that he wasn't the problem.

View attachment 11083

"Fear is the only thing these people understand...one day you'll learn."

Clark's thoughts returned to the present, massaging his forehead. Brows raised as he gives Sylvia a quick apology. Then, he heard the names Usagi and Kaapo, which gave him consideration on who to bring along to the meeting with Elijah. "Maybe they'll be open to listening," adjusting his glasses, nodding his head in agreement. "So, a small meeting wouldn't raise eyebrows. They'll think we'll be having a share session."

Continued from here.

Chapter 2
"Glass Half-Full"

After recovering from their respective strange occurrences only to reunite with each other back where they started, the group gathered in the center room would hear a commotion brewing all the way over at the lobby. Making their way over to the scene to investigate, with no difficulty of navigation like before, they were greeted by the sight of a man, unfamiliar to most and puzzling to a few others, named Steve Trevor who claimed to know some sort of hidden truth. However, just as abruptly as he appeared, he was forced off the premises by the guards.

From there, following a heated confrontation with Dr. Staple following the true nature of their stay at Raven Hill, she and the group stumbles upon Elijah, having snuck away, claiming that he was looking for "a secret exit." Eager to take her opportunity as this is the first time she had ever seen Elijah in a conscious, active state, Staple takes him away, intent on asking him questions. Before she leaves with him in tow however, Elijah signs toward them with an offer; meet him in his room tonight if they want to know the truth.

And now, the night has come.

As the hours passed by following the strange disturbances, night eventually came. Curfew, as imposed by Staple and her orderlies, was approaching soon, and on any other night, this would have been as good a time as any to retreat into one's own bedchambers to get to sleep, but of course, tonight was a different matter for at least some of the patients here.

As everyone sat in the Activity Room, for lack of anything better to do as the day passed by, Peter looked to the clock, and pursed his lips in anticipation.

View attachment 11147

"Well, I guess Dr. Staple should be done with Elijah by now. Wonder what she needed to spend so much time talking to him about,"
the man idly said, before looking to everyone else. "He wanted us to meet with him tonight, right? I dunno what "truth" he thinks he knows, but... I kinda wanna hear him out, you know?"

"No, I don't know. In fact, I don't really give a shit," Fujiko responded bluntly. "You can go if you want, but some of us need our beauty sleep, and I seriously doubt any of us will learn any supposed secret meaning of the world from a guy who turns in and out of being a vegetable at will, no offense."

"But... It might be important!" Peter protested, not that it seemed Fujiko cared enough to do anything to stop him or anyone who'd want to accompany him.

"Then you can give me the abridged version at breakfast tomorrow," the woman only responded, crossing her arms as she remained planted in her seat. "I'm really not in the mood for some crackpot shit, but you can go on ahead if you want."

Peter made a sound like he was about to say more, before shaking his head and letting out a resigned sigh, resting his hands on his hips. "Fine, fine, if you insist. But anyway, I'm gonna go see Elijah now. Anyone wanna come with?" He asked.

So, those were your two choices for the night, to go speak with Elijah, or to stay behind, for your own sanity.

Literally.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Chloe Winters
@Rwac96 as Clark Kent
@York as Eno Liberi
@Capri as Erin Natick
@Crunch as Flynn Blazkowicz
@Sark as Godfrey Routledge "Brother Patrick"
@Takumi as Hagusa Fujisaki
@Lucky as Isaac "Icarus" Clark
@Atomic Knight as Kaapo Reyes
@Yun Lee as Karina Romanova
@Ottonomous Ghost as Khada Jhin
@Neko Shogun as Lucinia Porter
@Jeremi as Michelle Curry
@Minerva as Morgan Yu
@Not a Writer as Takara Matsushita
@Josh as Sylvia Li
@Space_Candy as Usagi Tsukino

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Everyone

"As fun as it may be to listen to some creepy bedtime stories," Erin said, "I think I'd value some private time. Especially if Mr. Price is gonna try and convince me there are aliens in the walls,"

To what others might see as a lucky break, Erin decided to stay behind.​

"I see... I suppose he's just dying to talk after keeping his thoughts to himself for so long," Staple said as the others told her of what Elijah had been saying while she wasn't looking, though the more observant in the group would be able to see a twinge of disappointment on her face -- even more pronounced than her usual cold looks -- as though she was hoping to hear something specific, but whatever it might have been, she didn't say.

With that, she tightened her hold on Elijah's handlebars. "Well, if you don't mind me, I'd certainly like a nice conversation with Elijah, all to ourselves. I know I have a lot of questions lined up, waiting ever since he first came here. But you already know all about that, don't you, Mr. Price?" She asked, looking down intently at him from behind, to which Elijah merely smiled in response, not even looking back at the woman but instead keeping his gaze fixed on the group instead.

With that, as she began to walk away, leaving the group to themselves, Peter tilted his head quizzically. "What was that?" He asked in regards to Elijah's rapid signing.

"If you want the truth... meet me tonight in my room," Fujiko read out for anyone who couldn't read the signs. Adjusting her glasses, the woman crossed her arms in apprehension. "Well, if that isn't a shady thing to say, but then again, I guess no more shady than Dr. Staple. Those two were really made for each other. Anyway, I guess we're free to ourselves for the rest of the day."

View attachment 11076

"What, you still think we made that up?" Fujiko bit back.

"I'm sure you think you went through one, but there's probably another explanation for it. Assuming you're not just pulling something to begin with," he responded skeptically.

"This is literally called gaslighting."

"What?"

Fun times.

"You two sure do like to sass at each other." Hagusa muttered in regards to Peter and Fujiko's back and forth.

Continued from here.

Chapter 2
"Glass Half-Full"

After recovering from their respective strange occurrences only to reunite with each other back where they started, the group gathered in the center room would hear a commotion brewing all the way over at the lobby. Making their way over to the scene to investigate, with no difficulty of navigation like before, they were greeted by the sight of a man, unfamiliar to most and puzzling to a few others, named Steve Trevor who claimed to know some sort of hidden truth. However, just as abruptly as he appeared, he was forced off the premises by the guards.

From there, following a heated confrontation with Dr. Staple following the true nature of their stay at Raven Hill, she and the group stumbles upon Elijah, having snuck away, claiming that he was looking for "a secret exit." Eager to take her opportunity as this is the first time she had ever seen Elijah in a conscious, active state, Staple takes him away, intent on asking him questions. Before she leaves with him in tow however, Elijah signs toward them with an offer; meet him in his room tonight if they want to know the truth.

As the hours passed by following the strange disturbances, night eventually came. Curfew, as imposed by Staple and her orderlies, was approaching soon, and on any other night, this would have been as good a time as any to retreat into one's own bedchambers to get to sleep, but of course, tonight was a different matter for at least some of the patients here.

As everyone sat in the Activity Room, for lack of anything better to do as the day passed by, Peter looked to the clock, and pursed his lips in anticipation.

View attachment 11147

"Well, I guess Dr. Staple should be done with Elijah by now. Wonder what she needed to spend so much time talking to him about," the man idly said, before looking to everyone else. "He wanted us to meet with him tonight, right? I dunno what "truth" he thinks he knows, but... I kinda wanna hear him out, you know?"

"No, I don't know. In fact, I don't really give a shit," Fujiko responded bluntly. "You can go if you want, but some of us need our beauty sleep, and I seriously doubt any of us will learn any supposed secret meaning of the world from a guy who turns in and out of being a vegetable at will, no offense."

"But... It might be important!" Peter protested, not that it seemed Fujiko cared enough to do anything to stop him or anyone who'd want to accompany him.

"Then you can give me the abridged version at breakfast tomorrow," the woman only responded, crossing her arms as she remained planted in her seat. "I'm really not in the mood for some crackpot shit, but you can go on ahead if you want."

Peter made a sound like he was about to say more, before shaking his head and letting out a resigned sigh, resting his hands on his hips. "Fine, fine, if you insist. But anyway, I'm gonna go see Elijah now. Anyone wanna come with?" He asked.

So, those were your two choices for the night, to go speak with Elijah, or to stay behind, for your own sanity.

Literally.

Cast List
@Rwac96 as Clark Kent
@York as Eno Liberi
@Capri as Erin Natick
@Minerva as Morgan Yu
@Josh as Sylvia Li

Hagusa thought it over, and figured he was curious enough about what Elijah had to say, even if it might of been some bullshit.

"I'll go with you." He said to Peter with an indifferent shrug. What was the saying? Curiosity killed the cat?

@Ver @Capri @Not a Writer @Everyone

Today had certainly been something. She'd started it off excited, bright-eyed and eager; after all, they were given the news that they'd be graduating the program soon. With that information in mind, she couldn't have possibly felt anything but joy. She'd be getting to see her sister again soon. There was some anxiety involved, particularly the worry as to whether or not her sibling had been cared for well while she was gone; Fumika was a full-grown woman, so Takara shouldn't have worried, but having lived with neglectful parents had instilled a tendency to worry about the younger girl ever since their very early youth. Takara worried that without her around to ascertain that she was being taken care of, especially after their vehicular accident, that her sister might not be in good condition. But the chance to check on her and make sure she was, to mend her back to full if she wasn't, was enough to make her heart swell.

And yet now, much had changed.

Overall, the woman still felt eager to get out. She still wanted to go back to running her business, as well as to taking care of the one person who mattered most to her in the entire world. She would give anything to do so, in fact. But now, there were other things to consider; dead men who somehow walked among the living, children who'd suffered in unimaginable ways who may be returned to the same situations that caused their pain, earthquakes that resembled the terrible tornados of her visions... and a wheelchair bound individual who, despite his alleged catatonia, somehow seemed more aware than any of the rest of them. She knew the last matter could be the product of the man's delusions, of course. If one truly felt confident in their beliefs, it was only natural they'd outwardly appear knowledgeable. Initially, she'd been able to brush that part off, but the earthquake situation had admittedly shaken a bit of her own resolve on that front.

But several hours was a lot of time. By now, the woman had long since regained the composure she'd lost in the earlier situation. She was able to rationalize the situation. For one, that 'Steve Trevor' individual could very well have been delusional, himself. After all, if he was really Steve Trevor, surely someone would have recognized him and reported him as alive and well by now, right? Which meant it was likely he was either using a false name to avoid getting in trouble for attempting to get into a facility he shouldn't be accessing... or he was dreaming, like the rest of them. Elijah, of course, she still surmised to simply be behind in the rehabilitation process. Dr. Staple had stated such herself, and it made sense, given he was seldom ever fully aware enough to work on processing. The earthquake was unfortunately the situation Takara was having the most trouble rationalizing, but... truth be told, the situation had been so traumatic that she honestly didn't want to reminisce on it in order to try to sort it out. Part of her longed to rather just accept Peter's own implication that it had merely been their imagination.

Even though she knew it wasn't true.

Still, with those issues all cast aside, the last one that remained was far heavier. Unlike the majority of the others, it was real, and Takara couldn't just brush it away with pretty words about how things always work out as they should or something of the like. She spent the hours pondering it over, staying close with the younger individuals of the group out of a subconscious maternal urge. Hagusa and Erin in particular concerned her, but the other younglings- Eno, Lucinia, Chloe, there were so many of them and it broke her heart- didn't escape her worries either. She wanted to ask questions, to find out if they'd truly be okay returning to their lives of before, but...-

Oh. She must've spaced out. Caught off guard by the sudden declaration from Peter, Takara perked up in her seat, snapping out of her complicated thoughts. Her head lolled thoughtfully to the side for a moment as she recounted Elijah's request for them all to meet, and she honestly didn't really mind the notion of following through, even if she wasn't convinced it wasn't all rubbish. He was still a person, and one who didn't get audience with others often... so it only felt right to give him a chance to socialize and speak his mind, even if it what he had to say didn't end up making sense. So, she chimed in as well, giving a small nod and relaxing. "I'm in as well," she hummed. A beat passed before she added, "Well... as long as he's still 'awake' when we get there, anyway. For all we know, his chat with Dr. Staple may have worn him out and he may be too tired to speak with us again." After all, she imagined if she went ages upon ages without talking and then spent a whole day speaking with others, she'd be totally wiped and wind up shutting right back up. Still, it was worth a shot, and she more than happily rose to her feet to follow Peter's lead.

@Ver @Takumi @Capri @Everybody​

Chapter 2:
"Clark Kent is...?!"

Hours have passed since the strange occurrences took place, night eventually comes and curfew; imposed by Doctor Staple and the orderlies, was approaching. Any other night would have been a good time to return to the bed-chamber, especially when tomorrow would be one's day in the Raven Institute. Clark however, felt conflicted, like everyone else who gathered in the Activity Room. The Kansas-Raised man desired answers, even if it comes from a self-proclaimed 'supervillain' like Elijah Price. The journalist remembered Steve Trevor's words, nothing as it seems in this place.

"Well, I guess Dr. Staple should be done with Elijah by now. Wonder what she needed to spend so much time talking to him about," the man idly said, before looking to everyone else. "He wanted us to meet with him tonight, right? I dunno what "truth" he thinks he knows, but... I kinda wanna hear him out, you know?"

AvefHk0.jpg

"I'm going with Peter," the journalist says, standing up from his seat, "even if Elijah has been...difficult, he at least has awareness of what's really going on." Adjusting his square, black-rimmed glasses, Clark proceeds to follow Peter and anyone else going to see the wheelchair-bound man.

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Chapter 2
"Glass Half-Full"

View attachment 11147

Literally.

Cast List
@Rwac96 as Clark Kent
@York as Eno Liberi
@Capri as Erin Natick
@Minerva as Morgan Yu
@Josh as Sylvia Li
ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Everyone

"As fun as it may be to listen to some creepy bedtime stories," Erin said, "I think I'd value some private time. Especially if Mr. Price is gonna try and convince me there are aliens in the walls,"

To what others might see as a lucky break, Erin decided to stay behind.​

Morgan was silent for a moment. She stared at her feet, tapping her left foot against the chair’s leg. She hummed to herself, an old jazz standard from some forgotten 1930’s musical. Overhearing the argument, she perked her head up.

I already know the truth. Something is probably out there in space, it’s just bacteria and plants. Fermi’s Paradox states that we should have had contact by now if there was something intelligent out there that started existence even a million years earlier.” A deep exhale escaped her nose. “Just... delusions of my overworked mind. I’m lucky I didn’t collapse and die.

She bit the inside of her lip for a moment and rubbed her fingers on her chin.

I’ll stay here, I think. I need some time to myself.

[Obviously, I am coming along,] Michelle signed at Peter. [We can't be sure Staple didn't do something to him, so we better be careful.] She looked at the people going with determination in her eyes. [Let's kick some ass.]

@Ver @GlassCrew

Chapter 2:
"Clark Kent is...?!"

Hours have passed since the strange occurrences took place, night eventually comes and curfew; imposed by Doctor Staple and the orderlies, was approaching. Any other night would have been a good time to return to the bed-chamber, especially when tomorrow would be one's day in the Raven Institute. Clark however, felt conflicted, like everyone else who gathered in the Activity Room. The Kansas-Raised man desired answers, even if it comes from a self-proclaimed 'supervillain' like Elijah Price. The journalist remembered Steve Trevor's words, nothing as it seems in this place.

AvefHk0.jpg

"I'm going with Peter," the journalist says, standing up from his seat, "even if Elijah has been...difficult, he at least has awareness of what's really going on." Adjusting his square, black-rimmed glasses, Clark proceeds to follow Peter and anyone else going to see the wheelchair-bound man.

View attachment 11165

"I'm going with you, but you could probably guess that." Sylvia spoke, standing next to the reporter. Through this whole situation, the young women had always trusted Clark Kent. Through thick and thin, from what little time they've know each other, her gut told her Clark could be trusted. Sadly, more so her own husband. A surge of sadness showed the women's face, followed by a deep breath. "Elijah know something, that's for sure."
@Ver @Takumi @Rwac96 @Not a Writer @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Capri @Crunch @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Everybody

"Khada" Jhin - Activity Room
@Ver @anyone

Continued from here.

Chapter 2
"Glass Half-Full"

View attachment 11147

Literally.​

"I shall accompany you," Khada replied to Peter, abruptly animating to life. He had spent the last several hours idly scribbling nonsense on his digital tablet. "Time has never flowed so slowly for me. I can't help but wonder what scheme he's up to..."

❝ Um... I think I'll pass... I'm not sure if... um, I'll just be in the way, considering that I'm still on the fence on... practically everything right now. ❞ Chloe timidly speaks up, knowing that staying silent all the time wasn't exactly helpful. Besides, it wasn't like those that were going to Elijah's room would somehow forget whatever they uncover there, so she had the idea that they would relay the info over to the others. This was assuming that whether or not that there was truly something mind-blowing that they were unaware of.

@Ver @anyone

Back