Looking to World Build

Lazzamore

WAAAAAAAAAA-
Hello everyone. I promised myself I would wait until after my short story to start another game on here, but I'm already bored with that plan so here we are.

This time I want to world build: I best work with traditional fantasy, and I love to incorporate my favorite critters in the games and stories I make, which are Orcs, Harpies (or similar cohorts), Goblinoids and then on top of that whatever else strikes my fancy that project. I'm open to suggestions as to what we would be RP'ing, I'm even fine letting someone else GM if they want. I just want to World build! I tend to like larger groups, probably five-ish people, myself included, but even larger would be fine with me. Or if we only get three or four, I can roll with that too. I'm generally better off in groups larger then two, though.

So essentially, I don't have so much an idea for an RP as much as a desire for a result from said RP. If your interested in RP'ing with me, chat with me here. Thank you for reading this!

Thanks for volunteering, everyone! So great to receive such a warm response.

So let's get this show on the road, shall we? How do we want to keep up- On here or on the chat, or perhaps a more dedicated system like discord? And what format of RP do you all like best (Adventure, Nation-building, etc)? Let's figure that out first, so we know how we are going to play and what the goal is.

I’m not sure if I have even done an rp that could be considered a word build, but considering the number of dying and full rps, i think I’d be up for a world build.

I don't particularly mind the forum, although I'm not too familiar with discord but I do have an account. However, I lean on the side of making this as public as possible until we have comfortable numbers. Which may be now, but it's always better to have our options open. Similar with the format, I'm flexible with most things, but I generally roll out with a more serious form of RPs. Although, those have transitioned more into the private sphere as it has been awhile since I've been on any of the public RPs.

While that is undoubtedly riveting and utterly fascinating to you all as to how ambivalent I'm being on this, I'll take a stronger stance and suggest that that we have adventurers centered around and in come sort of faction, like a kingdom or crime syndicate. This would allow us to have both Adventure and Nation-building among other things, hurray for flexibility, where our dashing or disgusting heroes focus on building up or tearing down their surrounding social structure.

I like that plan, Shadras, I vote we do that. And we probably should world build here where people might see us, I'm just not sure what forum a thread for pre-RP world building would be in, Y'know?

@Fatality: Sweet! Just so you're aware, when I say 'world building' I'm not referring to the RP itself, I'm talking about the writing process of designing and fleshing out our setting, literally. The RP will probably be like any other RP after we have a firm understanding of our setting.

Anyways, How should we go about creating our setting? Should we start compiling ideas here or in a PM, chat or other thread?

@Lazzamore I'd simply stick it in the OoC forum. Just title it "World Building," and we should be good. At the same time, we could still compile here. I doubt the moderators would make a point of it. Even if they did, it would still be simple to shift over.

You're welcome to join, Arya! Glad to have you.

I'll open up the thread in the OOC forums and we can get started soon. In the meantime, what should I include in the thread? We'll need a space for storing agreed upon ideas, decisions and the like, a place to put ideas to be decided on, and more tabs as we go, but what else to start with? Am I missing anything?

Just post a link to whatever format you decide, and I’ll chime in. I don’t think I’ve done world building much before so i figure I’ll give it a try

I'm kind of late to the party here but I might be interested in this if there's still room.

Back