Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
For Rose Lalonde, her life had always been about rebellion. She had defied her mother at every turn in her youth, perhaps considered what one might have considered an unruly teen by the time she was thirteen. Then, during Sburb, Rose had once again defied what had been laid out before her and her friends, going out of her way to break the rules of the game in order to free them from their no-win scenario. Finally, when the multiverse decided to make a funny joke and remove her from the game she had considered a prison, she defied those that wanted to take her back by setting out on her own. It had been surprisingly easy for a girl with a little magic know-how.

Rose did not know if much time passed back in Sburb while she was away, but she could only hope it was a mercifully short amount of time. At first, staying away had been about finding a solution to her impossible problem; she needed to find a manner in which she could break Sburb's rules for good and free her friends. However, as time went on and no easy solution seemed obtainable, staying away seemed more about a far more selfish desire.

As the years went on, finding new pathways to new reaches of the multiverse became more about being free and seeing all that reality had to offer. It was a strange feeling at first, feeling such guilt over finding such awe, but Rose had started to become used to it, despite the nagging cries within her that begged her to finally return to her friends. She found herself accustomed to a nomadic lifestyle, never putting down roots and never getting attached. Getting attached meant, ultimately, feeling despair when that attachment is lost. Rose knew how dramatic it was to think this way, but she could not deny the truth of the matter.

For now, Rose had chosen not to worry on the matter. She had done enough worrying in her short life to last her for a while now. She wanted to instead take in the newest locale, a grand city located in a world that she would have described as "rustic."

Yt4puto.jpg

The world was in the midst of a medieval era, but magic as intriguingly ripe all throughout. Rose could reason that this world might have been the result of some ancient catastrophe during a more advanced time, for anachronistic technology was recently abundant, especially that of huge barriers that protected the cities from the beasts lurking outside their walls. Some kind of global event occurred and deactivated the barriers and the other technologies about a year past, but the people had rapidly been moving forward, far faster than Rose knew of her Earth's history.

Rose had stopped before a water fountain, a lone statue in a sea of civilians minding their own daily business. Though it was no longer working as a barrier, the giant towering structure at the city's center was still an amazing display that stood among the most awe-inspiring Rose had seen in the last three years.

7QEfkJu.png

"..."

The girl found herself speechless. These were the moments this selfish adventure was about.

@Raptor Jesus

For Rose Lalonde, her life had always been about rebellion. She had defied her mother at every turn in her youth, perhaps considered what one might have considered an unruly teen by the time she was thirteen. Then, during Sburb, Rose had once again defied what had been laid out before her and her friends, going out of her way to break the rules of the game in order to free them from their no-win scenario. Finally, when the multiverse decided to make a funny joke and remove her from the game she had considered a prison, she defied those that wanted to take her back by setting out on her own. It had been surprisingly easy for a girl with a little magic know-how.

Rose did not know if much time passed back in Sburb while she was away, but she could only hope it was a mercifully short amount of time. At first, staying away had been about finding a solution to her impossible problem; she needed to find a manner in which she could break Sburb's rules for good and free her friends. However, as time went on and no easy solution seemed obtainable, staying away seemed more about a far more selfish desire.

As the years went on, finding new pathways to new reaches of the multiverse became more about being free and seeing all that reality had to offer. It was a strange feeling at first, feeling such guilt over finding such awe, but Rose had started to become used to it, despite the nagging cries within her that begged her to finally return to her friends. She found herself accustomed to a nomadic lifestyle, never putting down roots and never getting attached. Getting attached meant, ultimately, feeling despair when that attachment is lost. Rose knew how dramatic it was to think this way, but she could not deny the truth of the matter.

For now, Rose had chosen not to worry on the matter. She had done enough worrying in her short life to last her for a while now. She wanted to instead take in the newest locale, a grand city located in a world that she would have described as "rustic."

Yt4puto.jpg

The world was in the midst of a medieval era, but magic as intriguingly ripe all throughout. Rose could reason that this world might have been the result of some ancient catastrophe during a more advanced time, for anachronistic technology was recently abundant, especially that of huge barriers that protected the cities from the beasts lurking outside their walls. Some kind of global event occurred and deactivated the barriers and the other technologies about a year past, but the people had rapidly been moving forward, far faster than Rose knew of her Earth's history.

Rose had stopped before a water fountain, a lone statue in a sea of civilians minding their own daily business. Though it was no longer working as a barrier, the giant towering structure at the city's center was still an amazing display that stood among the most awe-inspiring Rose had seen in the last three years.

7QEfkJu.png

"..."

The girl found herself speechless. These were the moments this selfish adventure was about.

@Raptor Jesus
Life had been looking up for Felix lately.

Ever since the Gotham incident, the mercenary had returned to his relatively “normal” endeavors. Despite the fact that Bane had never paid him for his hard work in capturing the participants of the little game, Felix still had plenty of people lining up to pay him for his services.

This was one of those times.

As the mercenary held the tracker in his hand, and with the multiversal travel capabilities provided by his employer, Felix eventually found his target.

latest

“It’s beautiful, ain’t it?” Felix said as he cocked his pistol and aimed it at the back of Rose’s head.

@Atomic Knight

Last edited:
To say Rose reacted with surprise would be an overstatement. Her reaction was dull, the girl not even moving her head to register what she had just understood having taken place. She had earlier had a strange feeling something like this would occur, but it was a feeling Rose often felt without much reason. Only natural that after three years, someone would want her dead soon enough.

The voice on the other end of the gun was familiar to her, but she could not place who. Rose knew whoever it was had to either a possess a flair for the dramatic or some kind of moral fiber to have not shot her on sight. She could work with either.

"Mmhm," she intoned, turning her head slightly. "Lamentable then that you would mark it with such an unfortunate decision." Rose's wand was suddenly in her hand and the ground below her and Felix exploded into light. The pair would be tossed into the air, though Rose manipulated the wind to toss her up and over the fountain so that it was between her and her attacker.

"... So, it's you," she said dryly. She should have fled, but she too possessed a flair for the dramatic.

@Raptor Jesus

To say Rose reacted with surprise would be an overstatement. Her reaction was dull, the girl not even moving her head to register what she had just understood having taken place. She had earlier had a strange feeling something like this would occur, but it was a feeling Rose often felt without much reason. Only natural that after three years, someone would want her dead soon enough.

The voice on the other end of the gun was familiar to her, but she could not place who. Rose knew whoever it was had to either a possess a flair for the dramatic or some kind of moral fiber to have not shot her on sight. She could work with either.

"Mmhm," she intoned, turning her head slightly. "Lamentable then that you would mark it with such an unfortunate decision." Rose's wand was suddenly in her hand and the ground below her and Felix exploded into light. The pair would be tossed into the air, though Rose manipulated the wind to toss her up and over the fountain so that it was between her and her attacker.

"... So, it's you," she said dryly. She should have fled, but she too possessed a flair for the dramatic.

@Raptor Jesus
Felix was caught off guard by the sudden shift in gravity, the mercenary quickly shifting his position to land on his knee, causing the ground to slightly crack beneath him.

Though, to be fair, he wasn’t exactly surprised.

After the events of The Gotham Incident, Felix knew that this girl was special. The way she tamed a wild Collusus with what appeared to be little to no effort. Even her apparent magic sewing needles seemed like something to be wary of.

“Who did you expect? Albert Wesker?” Felix asked before tugging out a grenade, tossing it up and down in his left palm, though not pulling the pin out.

latest

“It’s been a while, hasn’t it? You been good?” Felix asked casually as he continued to slowly toss the grenade in his palm.

“I’ll go ahead and cut to the chase. Someone, somewhere, wants you dead. Needless to say, I was the guy hired for the job. I hope you understand, because I don’t wanna be held accountable for whatever happens to you within the next five minutes. I’ve got a reputation to keep up, y’know?”

@Atomic Knight

wsJa2in.png

"Perhaps I expected an individual worth my time," Rose said bluntly, feeling less than pleased about this unfortunate scenario. She really could not imagine who would be so petty to put a hit out on her across universes and briefly imagined it might have been her mother in one of her flights of fancy. She had to be out there, after all. "I'd say I was doing favorable until you arrived so unanticipatedly. I will not assume I can bother to appeal to your moral fiber considering what I know about you. But do keep in mind, you're attacking a child."

Not any normal child, obviously, and Rose's power had only grown within the last three years. If this man wished her harm, she was not going to make it easy for him. With a wave of her wand, she moved the water from the fountain and shot it at Felix, hoping primarily to disarm him with the rush of cold water.

@Raptor Jesus

wsJa2in.png

"Perhaps I expected an individual worth my time," Rose said bluntly, feeling less than pleased about this unfortunate scenario. She really could not imagine who would be so petty to put a hit out on her across universes and briefly imagined it might have been her mother in one of her flights of fancy. She had to be out there, after all. "I'd say I was doing favorable until you arrived so unanticipatedly. I will not assume I can bother to appeal to your moral fiber considering what I know about you. But do keep in mind, you're attacking a child."

Not any normal child, obviously, and Rose's power had only grown within the last three years. If this man wished her harm, she was not going to make it easy for him. With a wave of her wand, she moved the water from the fountain and shot it at Felix, hoping primarily to disarm him with the rush of cold water.

@Raptor Jesus
latest

“I’m not worth your time? Ouch. I thought we were friends, Rosey.”
Felix mused with a chuckle. When Rose shot a burst of water towards the mercenary, Felix quickly rose his shield in defense, allowing the water to bounce off of it and run down the middle.

FelixShield-0.png

“Eh, it wouldn’t be my first time.”
Felix said before pulling the pin on the grenade he was holding and tossing it out in front of him, hoping to destroy the fountain that Rose was perched on.

@Atomic Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back